Love By The Window

The Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A tiny room with posters with old guitars and skateboards. Quiet.

A 12 year old boy lies on the bed, in his pyjama bottoms. A glass shatters in the distance. The boys sits up and puts on some clothes and walks out his room to the living where a fat, depressed, almost dead looking man sits on a lazy boy chair, watching a blank TV screen. The living room is in a complete mess; dark, dirty and chaotic. Its almost like demons sanctuary.

The boy enters the room and to his dad, pats him on the shoulder, waiting for something. The dad sits there, still breathing, red eyed staring at nothing. The boy observes the reflection of the two in the television screen. His eyes are watering before he blinks it off and walks off.

A busy convenience store filled with scrambling young boys and girls buying candy and junk food. The boy stands in the magazine section, looking through a magazine. He peers upwards at the security camera watching him. He shakes his head in disagreement and looks back down towards the magazine.

A bunch of extremely rich, y girls stare at him, clearly whispering rude jokes about his somewhat scruffy appearance; of converse all starts shoes, semi tight torn jeans and a flannel shirt.

One of the girls, a particularly good looking one, turns to the store clerk, who concentrating on watching a game. She whispers something, and points to the boy. The store clerk glares at the boy. The clerk then comes out from behind the counter and walks up to him.

"You got something in your pockets."

The boy looks up at the clerk. He was expecting it.

"You do. I know you do."

The girls all start giggling. The boy looks back up at the girls, and then puts the magazine he was reading on the shelf.

"Empty your pockets."

The boy feels his pockets, and empties them. There's some dollar bills and a key.

The clerk turns back to the girls. "You said he stole some candy and junk food."

The girls look astonished. "We saw him put some candy in his pocket."

"It doesn't appear he has anything."

The girls all shuffle out of the store, pushing one another, irritatably. The clerk wiped some hair of the boy's shoulder and pats him on the back.

"Sorry for getting angry at you."

The boy nods understandingly, and walks out the store.

-

The boy is exiting when a bottle suddenly hits his head. He falls to the ground and holds the right side of his head. In pain.

"You little bastard. Where did you put those candies?" A girl from the previous group screamed.

The boy stares angrily at them and begins to walk off. "Check your bags."

The boy finally walks onto the side walk, and the girls looking through their bags. They all pull out some candy...then a yell from the clerk that sends the girls scattering.

The boy watches back, still walking and smiling as the girls get chased by the clerk in a distance. Violent screams and profanities can be heard in front of the stores, from the clerk and the girls.

When he looks back, the boy suddenly runs into another boy who is slightly shorter than him.

The ice cream the other boy is hold

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter