Vhope Intermission

Four in the Morning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: THIS CHAPTER IS ALL VHOPE

I really intended for this to be cute and fluffy, but it ended up being sad and depressing *sobs*

Not to mention, this chapter so please forgive me

----

Working at the animal shelter wasn't really the same anymore. Especially, since the guy Hoseok held a huge interest in, stopped visiting. There was nothing Hoseok wanted more than to see the way his eyes lit up when he was greeted by the few dogs and cats that weren't caged. Or the way he smiled at them. There wasn't just something about that stranger, that he liked. It was everything about him. Hoseok was the only one working today, so he had to take care of everything himself. "Come on, Hoseok, you gotta get your mind off of him, he's never coming back. You'll never see him again." Hoseok gave himself a motivational speech. "Okay, it's bathtime everyone." He said to all the animals surrounding him.

"Do I get one, as well?" A rather familiar voice sounded from the door.

Hoseok recognized the voice almost immediately, and hesitated to turn around. There was no way it could be him, right? Why would the man, a complete stranger that Hoseok fell hopelessly in love with, be there after so many weeks? Hoseok was then hit with the sudden urge to cry, which made him hesitate even more to face the customer. But, he forced himself to turn around, nonetheless. And sure enough, it was him- orange hair, sweet smile and all. "It's... It's you.." His eyes were wide as they weren't sure what part of his body they wanted focus on. And once he realized it was the man he waited so long to see again, Hoseok broke down into a sobbing mess.

"Whoa, are you okay?" He asked Hoseok. 

"I'm sorry, I just.. I don't know." Hoseok tried explaining, to no avail. He roughly wiped the tears from his eyes, and exhaled sharply. "Would you be weirded out if I told you I like you a lot?" 

"Is that why you're crying?"

"Not exactly. I..I just was sad that you stopped visiting and all. I got used to seeing you everyday, and I even started to like you... But, you just stopped coming around." Hoseok stared down at his feet. "I didn't even get a chance to ask for your name."

"It's Taehyung." He told Hoseok. "And, I stopped visiting you- I mean the shelter, because I liked you the minute I saw you, but my sister put in my head that you might've been dating someone. So, I didn't want to work up the courage to tell you how I felt just to have you tell me you're in a relationship." 

"Then, why are you back?" Hoseok looked up from the floor to meet Taehyung's gaze. 

"I couldn't stay away any longer." He said simply, scratching the back of his head.

"So, you actually like me?" Hoseok asked.

"Of course." Taehyung nodded. "You're not with anyone, are you?" 

"No." He shook his head. "So, what do we do now?" 

"Well first," Taehyung paused to roll up the sleeves of his white button down shirt. "Lemme help you give the dogs a bath." 

"Are you sure? Its usually a messy job, and I don't want you to get dirty." Hoseok mentioned.

"It's alright, I don't mind." Taehyung assured him, with a big smile. "Besides, It looks like you need some help. You're the only one working today, huh?" 

"Unfortunately." Hoseok sighed. "Which dog should we bathe first?" 

"Hm, what about this guy?" Taehyung knelt down beside an energetic Chocolate Labrador. 

"Oh, Sabi? He's a hard one to wash." Hoseok informed him. "But, I guess its better to get him out of the way." So, Hoseok lead Sabi, and an eager Taehyung to the back of the shelter where the grooming room had been. It was a bright, spacious room. White-tiled walls, and blue-tiled flooring. "This room feels a lot bigger when its just two people in here." 

"How come you're the only one working today anyway?" Taehyung asked.

"The girl I was supposed to work with today, quit yesterday. So, its just me."

"Well, maybe I should try and work here." 

"So, you can distract me?" 

"No, so I can play with the animals more." He joked, leaving Hoseok no choice but to playfully shove him. 

After a few hours of bathing animals, they finished late in the day. "Okay, so, now that we're done. What now?" Taehyung asked, while drying his hands off. 

"We can go out for drinks." Hoseok suggested. "I know this really good bar where we can get drinks for cheap." 

"Sounds good." Taehyung nodded.

--- 

"Hey, Hoseok!" Hana greeted him. 

"Hey, Hobi!" Jimin greeted as well. "Who's this?" He asked, taking notice to the bright haired man beside him. "Is that the guy that's gonna help you get over the animal lover?" 

"Jimin!" Hoseok tried shushing his friend. "He IS the animal lover." 

"Oh!" Jimin exclaimed, making his way from behind the bar, to Hoseok and his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter