Getting to Know Each Other

My Stupid Idol

Chapter 2: Getting to know each other

 

 

A/n: in this story, Yesung is younger than Donghae since he's the same age as Hyukkie. But Yesung debuted first, that's why he's the sunbae here :) Just like Leeteuk and BoA. BoA is younger than Leeteuk, but BoA is the sunbae :v

 

"Donghae oppa?"

"My shadow?" they asked in unison as they keep staring into each other's eyes, still can't believe who their partners is.

Eunhyuk who quickly recovers from her shock flashes a smile--a fake smile because she was too nervous. "Your... Shadow?" she asks.

"Ah, sorry. That's um... My friend's nickname for you because we often noticed you following me around" Donghae said. "By the way, Lee Eunhyuk. Is that your name?"

Eunhyuk nods nervously. "So... You're my date?" she asks. "And you even noticed me following you around?"

Donghae nods. "Well, you're the girl who always follows me around just like my shadow. And you always brings the newest DSLR camera with you. I can't help but to notice you" he said.

Eunhyuk just nods shyly as she smiles inwardly. 'So, Oppa notices me all the time? That's why he stares and smiled into my camera that day' she thought happily. 'But he talked about me as if I'm a stalker or a sasaeng fan. Aish. Lee Eunhyuk, why did you bother him a lot?'

"Seeing from the way you talked about me it seems that you think that I'm some kind of a stalker or sasaeng fan" she said. "I'm sorry if I bothers you a lot"

Donghae's eyes widened. "Why did you think so? No, you don't. You never bothers me at all" he said as he flashes a smile. "Besides, you're different from a stalker or sasaeng fans"

"Why?" Eunhyuk asks. 'Is it because you think I'm special?' she thought, being delusional again.

Donghae takes a deep breath. "Well, you never invades my privacy. You didn't stalk me at my condo or at my house" he explained. "Um... Eunhyuk-ssi, now, that we're blind date partners, may I ask you some things? So that I'll know more about you"

'Does that means that he's interested with me?' Eunhyuk thought happily. "Ah, you can just call me Hyukkie. Besides, I'm younger than you by seven years. No need to be formal with me" she said. "And it's okay to ask"

"Well..." Donghae stops as he takes a deep breath. "Actually I'm not an expert at dating. I only date once in my life. And that's only lasted for 9 months. So, sorry if I ask some weird things, but... Do you ever dated before? Do you have a crush? Or is someone courting you?"

'He ever dated a girl, once?' Eunhyuk thought. 'He never talked about it to the media'

She takes a deep breath before answering. "Well, I ever dated before I know you. I dated a lot of times, if you'll also count those guys who appa set on a blind date with me. But of course, I'd reject them right after I saw them" Eunhyuk said. "And... For now, I think there are a lot of people having crush on me, but I never entertain any of them. That's why they can't court me. And about a crush... Well, I don't have one except you, oppa"

Donghae chuckles upon hearing her innocent answer. "Well, that was a great and very honest answer" he said. "Will I also be on that reject list of yours?"

Eunhyuk blushed. "Of course not! But, only if you don't mind..." she said shyly. She quickly changes the subject "Is that all? Can I ask you something too?"

Donghae nods. "Feel free to ask" he said. "We need to know each other well since we're blind date partners"

"Well, you said before that you've dated a girl once. Who's that girl? You never told it to the media before" Eunhyuk said.

Donghae holds his lips. "Did I?" he asks. "I mean, I told you that I've dated a girl?"

Eunhyuk nods.

Donghae takes a deep breath. "I'm not yet ready to open up about this problem... And it still feels so bitter to me, the break up" he said. "So let's not talk about it for the meantime untill I'm ready to open up about this to other people. Is that okay with you?"

'He still feels bitter about that?' she thought sadly. 'Does she dumps him? Does he still loves her?'. 

Eunhyuk nods sadly. "But, oppa, the scratch in your face..." she asks. "May I know what's the cause? You see, you don't have that when I see you at Incheon airport"

Donghae touches the scratch in his face. "Oh... This?" he laughed shyly. "Actually it's a bit embarassing to tell you this, but... I was thinking about something when I was playing soccer with my manager the night before the concert and I didn't notice a pole in front of me and... I bumped into a pole"

That's when Eunhyuk feels shock about her idol. "You... Bumped into a pole?" she asks as she flashes a smile--a fake smile because she was too shocked.

"Yes. It's embarassing right?" he asks as he smiles shyly.

"So... Is that why you showed up late for the rehearseal?" Eunhyuk asks. "Because you're sick?"

"Um... Actually, no" Donghae said. "I felt tired after playing. Heechul hyung already told me that I have to sleep fast and not to play, but I forced him to play with me so I ended up slept at 1 a.m. and ended up woke up at 12 p.m."

'So he really woke up late?' Eunhyuk thought. 'Well, actually it's his own fault. Why does he so different with his idol image?'

"Why? You're shocked, right?" Donghae asks. "Well, I can't blame you. There are a lot of peoples who said that my idol image is so different with my real personality. Well Heechul hyung often said that I'm stupid"

'I'm afraid that Heechul manager-nim is right' Eunhyuk thought. "Oh, no I'm not shocked. I'm just... Thinking" she lied as she tries to assure herself that nobody is perfect. "Well, Oppa, nobody's perfect. People often makes mistakes"

Donghae didn't answer. He just stares at her.

"Um, did I just say something wrong?" Eunhyuk asks carefully.

Donghae smiled. "Oh no, nothing. I was just wondering if..." he stops for awhile before he continues. "Is it okay if we see each other again after this?. I think I can show you the real me. And I'm feeling that you can accept me just the way I am. Is it okay, Hyukkie?"

Eunhyuk smiled happily. 'He just ask me if we can see each other after this? Does that mean he likes me?' she thought. 

"Well, that's okay, if you don't mind" she said nervously.

"Really?" Donghae asks happily as he gaves Eunhyuk his phone. "So... May I have your phone number?"

Eunhyuk smiles sweetly. "Sure" she said happily as she takes Donghae's phone and writes her number.

And so does their conversation goes on. It seems that Eunhyuk already forgots about her 'shock' awhile ago. But who knows...

 

~~~***~~~

 

"UMMAAAA!!" Eunhyuk ran inside their house looking for her mother.

Leeteuk who is waiting at the living room with Kangin and Ryeowook chuckles. "Here is the girl" she said. "Honey, how's your blind date?"

Instead of answering her mother's question, she asks her back. "Umma, why don't you tell me that my blind date partner is Donghae Oppa?"

"Well, your father told me to keep it a secret" Leeteuk said. "So that it'll be a surprise to you"

Eunhyuk quickly ran towards her father who sits on the sofa. "APPA!" she shouts. "Tell me, how could you know Donghae Oppa's parents? How could you know an actor and actress?"

"Well, Dongwook is my childhood friend" Kangin said with a smile.

"WHAT?!" Eunhyuk asks hysterically. "Why don't you tell me?"

Kangin chuckled. "I'm afraid that you'll be overreacting once you know that your idol's father is a friend of your father" he said. "So did you like him?"

"Of course!" Eunhyuk said happily. "I must be crazy if I reject him!"

"By the way, how's your blind date?" Ryeowook asks. "Aish, Hyukkie. You're so lucky. Kangin Appa spoil you that much"

Kangin laughed. "Don't worry Wookie. Maybe Hyukkie can introduce you to her weird high school bestfriend who becomes an idol too. What's his name?" Kangin tapped his chin as he tries to remember. "Ah, Jongwoon. Kim Jongwoon. He's cute and handsome but weird. I wonder why did Hyukkie and him stop contacting each other"

"That weird turtle becomes arrogant after he debuted" Eunhyuk said. She pouts her lips. "We lost contact after he debuted"

Ryeowook's eyes widened. "Omo! So he's really your high school friend?" she asks. "I thought you were just kidding"

Eunhyuk rolls her eyes at her. "That's what you get for living in New York for years and just go back here to Korea for college" she said. "You're not updated about the news"

"But how did you know him?" Ryeowook asks curiously.

"Well, we're in the same class for 3 whole years" Eunhyuk explained. "And he's funny, and friendly... He's a good boy. Do you want me to introduce you to him after I meet that turtle guy again?. You guys will look good together"

Ryeowook rolls her eyes at her. "Whatever Hyukkie" she said.

Kangin smiled at them. "Well, we'll leave you fangirls here" Kangin said. "Me and Teukie will just have a husband and wife bonding"

"Bye Appa" Eunhyuk said as she waves her hand happily at her parents. "Have a happy husband and wife bonding. By the way, I'm ready to have a baby sibling"

"HYUKKIE!" Leeteuk scolds her daughter as she blushes hard--feeling shy because of what her daughter said. "We'll leave now"

"Aish, there's nothing wrong with it" Eunhyuk mumbled to herself. "Why do you need to shout?"

As soon as Eunhyuk's parents were gone, Ryeowook quickly turns towards Eunhyuk. "So, how's your blind date with Donghae Oppa, huh?" she asks excitedly. "Did he likes you?"

"Well, of course he did. He's the one who ask me that is it okay if we keep seeing each other after the blind date" Eunhyuk said proudly. "I even got his phone number"

Ryeowook's eyes widened. "Omo! Really?" she asks. "Aish, I really envy you a lot"

"And you know what? He even told me that he noticed me when I followed him around" Eunhyuk said. "He even called me 'my shadow'"

"Is that an endearment?" Ryeowook asks happily. "By the way, how's Donghae Oppa in real life?"

Eunhyuk let out a sigh. "Well, he's kind and his personality is really good. Everything that he shows us about his personality in those tv shows were real" she said. "But..."

"But?"

"I don't know... I'm still not really sure about this, but..." Eunhyuk stops for awhile before she continues. "I think he's a little bit stupid"

"Stupid?" Ryeowook asks. "What do you mean by that?"

Eunhyuk quickly shook her head. "Aish, nothing. I think it was just a mistake" she said. "By the way, you know what? Donghae Oppa said he ever dated once for 9 months"

Ryeowook's eyes widened. "Omo! Seriously?" she asks. "Oppa never said that to the media! So, did he tell you who the girl was?"

Eunhyuk shook her head. "He said that he's not yet ready to explain it to me" she said. "And that he still feels so bitter about that, the break up"

Ryeowook sighed. "Aish, that only means that Oppa still loves that girl" she said. "Maybe Donghae Oppa just likes you as a friend or a fan. But not a girl--yet, maybe"

Eunhyuk sighs as she nods sadly-- feeling sad all of a sudden.

 

~~~***~~~

 

Meanwhile...

 

"So how's your blind date?" Heechul asks when he meets Donghae at his agency building.

"Hyung, you're the 5th person today who asked me that" Donghae said as he puts down his backpack at the couch.

Heechul raises an eyebrow. "Five? Who asked you before me? Two for your parents, and who's the other two?" he asks curiously.

"The 'twins'" Donghae said as he let out a sigh. "Kyuhyun and Yesung. And both of them told me that I'm failed"

Heechul laughed. "Well, I trust their opinion actually" he said. "So, who's that girl?"

Donghae flashes a smile upon remembering Eunhyuk. "She's my shadow" he said.

Heechul frowns upon hearing him. "Aish, I've told you stop hanging out with Yesung! You're really weird now!"

Donghae rolls his eyes at his manager. "Hyung, I'm serious! She's... Well, she's my fan. She followed me around just like my shadow. That's why I call her my shadow. Besides, Kyu was the one who made that nickname" he explained. "Her name is Lee Eunhyuk"

Heechul's eyes widened. "Lee Eunhyuk? You mean the daughter of Lee Youngwoon and Park Jungsoo?" he asks.

"How could you know?" Donghae asks curiously.

"Yah! Lee Donghae! Don't you know that her father is the biggest shareholder in this agency? Besides, her father is a famous CEO worldwide" Heechul asks. "Wow, so you have a 'sponsor' huh?"

"I don't!" Donghae said. "I don't know. But all I know is that Lee Youngwoon ajussi is a friend of my father and they planned a blind date between me and his daughter who hapenned to be my fan"

"Does the 'twins' knows about this?" Heechul asks. "If yes, the rumours will spread through the whole company within a day"

Donghae shook his head. "They asked me about the blind date. But they didn't asked me who the girl was" he said. "By the way, Hyung will you please stop talk about her father? You makes me sound like a... Um... You know"

"Okay, okay" Heechul said. "By the way, did you like her?"

Donghae smiled as he shrugged his shoulder. "I still don't know" he said. "But I think I'm interested with her"

Heechul let out a sigh. "That means you like her" he said. "In a blind date, if you're interested to meet that person again after the blind date, it only means that you like that person. By the way, what did you told her?"

"Well... I asked her about her past" Donghae said.

"WHAT?!" Heechul suddenly shouts.

"Aish, hyung, what's wrong? I just ask her about her past! No need to shout!" Donghae said. "Aish you're starting to overreact just like the 'twins'"

"Yah! Lee Donghae, I know that this is your first time going on a blind date, but how come you don't know the basic rule about dates?" Heechul asks.

Donghae raises an eyebrow. "What do you mean by that?" he asks confusedly.

"Never. Ever. Talk about your past partners" Heechul said.

Donghae's eyes widened. "Really?" he asks. "I accidentally talked about she-who-should-remain-unnamed with her"

"WHAT?! Are you out of your mind?" Heechul asks hysterically. "Oh my god. What did you say about your y witch ex to her?"

Donghae tapped his chin trying to remember what he said earlier. "Well, I didn't tell her my ex's name, so she asked who she was" he said. "And I said that I'm not yet ready to open up to everyone about that problem and that I still feels so bitter about that, the break up"

Heechul sighs. "It ends" he said. "It's fix. Your blind date failed. She'll think that you don't like her and you only think of her as a friend"

"Well, I did" Donghae said. "I don't know if I like her as more than a friend, but I think I like her. There's something in her that makes me like her"

Heechul sighed. "Such a kiddo. You can't even understand your own feelings" he whispers.

"What is it hyung?" Donghae asks when he didn't hear what Heechul had said earlier clearly.

Heechul flashes a smile as he pats Donghae's shoulder. "Nothing" he said before he left the room.

 

~~~***~~~

 

It's been 2 months since the blind date and Eunhyuk is drawing at her computer for the new episode of her webtoon-- she's been writing a webtoon titled 'fangirl's stories' but she kept it a secret to everyone since she thinks that it's kinda embarassing to tell everyone. She sighed and rests her back at her seat. She stares at her phone. No notifications. "Maybe Oppa already forgets me" she told herself. "Yeah, right. He only think of me as his fan. Why would he remember me?"

She was about to go back to drawing when suddenly her cellphone rangs. She didn't see the caller's ID before answering.

"Yeoboseo?" she said.

"Hey Hyukkie, it's me" someone in the line said. "Still remember me?. Sorry for not contacting you for two months already. I'm kinda busy for my comeback"

That's when Eunhyuk's eyes widened in shock. "Donghae Oppa?" she asks.

"Yes, it's me" the caller--Donghae said. He chuckles upon hearing her. "Hey, don't you saved my number already? Why did you don't know that it's me?"

Eunhyuk laughed nervously. "Well... I didn't look at the caller's ID before answering" she said.

'Damn it, Lee Eunhyuk! Oppa will only think that you're such a careless girl for answering every call that comes to your phone without even knowing who the caller is!' she thought

Donghae laughs softly upon hearing her reason. "You're such a cute girl Hyukkie" he said. "But next time, please look at the caller's ID first. And don't answer it if it's a call from an unregistered number or an unknown number, okay? Because it might be a scam or a crime. You know that there are a lot of ual harassment via phone calls these days, don't you?. If people really need you, they'll be texting you"

Eunhyuk smiles inwardly upon hearing him. 'He just said that I'm... Cute?' she thought happily. 'He cares so much about me'.

"Ah, okay" she said cutely. "By the way, what's the reason that you call me?"

"Do I need one?" Donghae asks.

Eunhyuk chuckles. "It's not like that, but you see, a very busy person like you must have a reason to call me" she said.

"Well..." Donghae takes a deep breath before he said "do you want to have a... Um... Second date?"

Eunhyuk's eyes widened. "What?" she asks confusedly. "Do I hear it clearly? A second date? Why?"

Donghae frowns. "Do I need a reason for that too?" he asks.

"Ah, no, it's not like that... Oppa, you... You just ask me for a date?" Eunhyuk asks before she bites her lower lip, trying her best not to scream like a crazy fangirl.

"Yes, is it wrong to ask my partner to go on a date?" Donghae asks. "You're not busy right?"

"No, it's not wrong at all, and I'm not busy at all" Eunhyuk said quickly as she closed her laptop without even shutting it down. "Where should we meet? Should I go to your agency?"

"Oh, no need to do that. I'm going to fetch you at your house. Is that okay with you?" Donghae said. "Besides, I'm keeping this date a secret from my agency"

"A secret? Is that okay? What if they find out about this?" Eunhyuk asks worriedly.

Donghae chuckles. "No worries. They won't find out since today is my holiday. And I already convinced Heechul hyung to cover up for me" He explains. "So can I fetch you at your house?"

"Do you know my addres?" Eunhyuk asks.

"Well, I can ask Appa for that" Donghae said. "So, can I?"

"Well... Of course you can... I just need to inform the housekeepers that you're going to fetch me later so they'll let you in" Eunhyuk said.

"Okay, see you later. I'll be going now" Donghae said before he ends the call.

"AAAAAHHHH!!!" Eunhyuk screams like a crazy fangirl as soon as Donghae ends the call. She jumps happily on her bed. "Oh my god, he just asked me for a date! He asked me for a date! He didn't forget me!"

Leeteuk quickly go inside her daughter's room worriedly upon hearing her screaming. She frowns upon seeing her jumping happily on her bed. "Yah! Lee Eunhyuk! Why are you screaming, huh? Are you crazy?" Leeteuk asks. "And why are you jumping happily on your bed, huh?"

Eunhyuk stops jumping on her bed and run towards her mother. She hugs her tight. "UMMA! Oh my god you're not going to believe this!" Eunhyuk said excitedly. "Donghae... Donghae Oppa, he just asked me for a date!

Leeteuk's eyes widened. "Omo! I thought he already forgot about you" she said. She flashes a one-dimpled smile. "That's great. Where and when did you guys promised to meet? You must prepare yourself first"

Eunhyuk shook her head. "Donghae Oppa said he'll fetch me here" she said. "He said he'll be going now"

Leeteuk suddenly frowns. "Then you have to prepare yourself now! He'll arrive here anytime soon and we don't want him to wait" she said. "come, I'll help you to choose the outfit that you're going to wear. Wat are you guys going to do? Watch movies? Or play in the amusement park?"

Eunhyuk shook her head. "I don't know" she said. "Oppa didn't tell me"

Leeteuk sighed. "Let's just choose a simple outfit" she said as she heads down to her daughter's walk in closet.

 

~~~***~~~

 

Donghae arrives right after Eunhyuk finishes preparing herself with the help of her mother.

She finally ends up wearing blue jeans shorts and white short sleeved panda hoodie with red bow and panda ears on top of it. And for the shoes she was wearing a simple studded white chucks. Her make up was soft and simple. Just a touch of pink on her cheek and lips.

Donghae smiles upon staring at her. "You looks..." he paused for awhile thinking for what should he say. "Beautiful"

Eunhhyuk blushed upon hearing him. "Thanks" she said softly.

Leeteuk smiles when she notices them staring at each other, blushing, and staring at each other, and blushing again for like... Forever.

She coughs softly to catch their attention. "If you guys want to go home before dinner, you guys better get going now" she said as she stares at the clock. "Donghae-ya, you better drop Hyukkie back here before dinner or my husband will surely ask a lot of things"

"Okay, I'll drop her before dinner, Teukie ajumma" Donghae said. "Ah, I know your name from Appa"

Leeteuk shook her head. "You can't call me ajumma" she said.

"I can't?" Donghae asks confusedly.

Leeteuk nods. "It's Umma. Leeteukie Umma" she said. "You're going to be my son in--"

Eunhyuk quickly butts in before Leeteuk could finish her sentence. "Oppa, I think we need to go now" she said as she gets her red backpack. "We need to get home before dinner"

"Ah, that's right" Donghae said before he bows his head at Leeteuk. "I'm going to borrow Hyukkie for awhile ajumma, I mean Teukie umma. I'll drop her here before dinner"

"Borrow? It's okay you can even have her" Leeteuk said, teasing her daughter and Donghae who blushes hard upon hearing her.

"UMMA!" Eunhyuk shouts.

Leeteuk chuckles. "You have to go now or else you'll be home late"

 

~~~***~~~

 

"Where do you want us to go?" Donghae asks when they were already inside his car.

"Oh? I thought you already know where to go" Eunhyuk said.

Donghae shook his head. "I never go on a date outside before" he said. "My previous girlfriend loves to have a date privately. Just the two of us in her condo-- oops, sorry. I forgot that I shouldn't have to talk about past"

Eunhyuk flashes a smile even though deep inside she's feeling sad. "It's okay, you can't stop yourself from reminiscing memories" she said.

'Oppa, you're with me, but you still think about her' she thought sadly. 'So you really love her, huh?'

"So... Where do you want to go?" Donghae asks.

Eunhyuk tapped her chin while thinking. "Um... Should we go to the cinema and watch movies?" she asks.

"Okay" Donghae said, agreeing to her. "What film should we watch?"

"The Minions!" they both said unison.

They stare at each other for a while before they laughed softly.

"So you loved to watch animation movies too?" Donghae asks.

Eunhyuk nods excitedly. "I even watched despicable me 1 and 2, the smurfs, shrek, sponge out of water, well, almost everything" she said happily.

"Hey, I watched all of that too!" Donghae said. "My fave of all was shrek and the despicable me series though"

Eunhyuk chuckles. "So you love watching comedies, huh?" she asks.

Donghae nods excitedly. "I even watched tangled" he said. "My favorite character was Maximus the royal horse. It reminds me of Choi Siwon, the CEO of my agency. And when Heechul hyung saw me watching that movie, he was like 'oh, come on Lee Donghae for god's sake, it's for girls'"

Eunhyuk chuckles. "Hey I also watched that too!" she said happily. Her smile suddenly vanished upon she realized something. "But we can't go to the cinema. The place was too crowded. People will notice you"

Donghae flashes an evil smile. "No problem" he said. "I can always disguise"

 

~~~***~~~

 

"Oppa, are you sure that it's okay?" she asks while staring at Donghae's so-called disguise. He was wearing a cap and a mask, but even a lunatic can recognize that he's Lee Donghae.

"It's okay, I even do this a lot of times and no one recognized me" Donghae said before holding her hands. "Now, let's go?"

Eunhyuk nods shyly as she intertwines her fingers on his.

'Omgomgomg!! He holds my hand!' she thought excitedly. 'Who cares if we'll get caught or not. Oppa said he already done it a lot of times before though'

 

~~~***~~~

 

"You're Lee Donghae, right?" one of the cinema staffs asks when they were returning their 3D glasses.

"Eh?" Donghae asks confusedly.

"Yes. I can't be wrong! You're Lee Donghae!" the staff said happily. "Omg. I can't believe it! I'm your fan! I can't believe that I'm going to meet you here--" she stops upon seeing Donghae holding Eunhyuk's hand.

"Who is this girl?" the staff asks. "Omo! Don't tell me that she's your girlfriend?"

Donghae was about to lie and tell the staff that he's not 'Lee Donghae' when suddenly another staff come.

"Hey, what's going on?" she asks her friend.

"Look! It's Lee Donghae, and he's with a girl!" the staff said.

The other staff's eyes widened upon looking at them. "Omo! She's right! You're Lee Donghae, right?" she looks at Eunhyuk. "And you are the one and only daughter of the famous and very successful CEO Lee Youngwoon, am I right?"

Eunhyuk and Donghae was about to lie but unfortunately those staffs speaks too loud that everybody around them can hear her.

"Omo! That's really Lee Donghae!"

"And he's with Lee Youngwoon one and only daughter!"

"So they are dating?"

"Hey, I heard that Lee Youngwoon is the biggest shareholder at Lee Donghae's agency"

"Oh really? So that's why he flirts with Lee Youngwoon's daughter"

The people starts to gather around them and starts gossiping about them as they took a lot of pictures of them.

"Hyukkie-ya" Donghae whispered to Eunhyuk's ears.

"What?" she asks.

"At the count of three" Donghae said. "Let's run away. Don't ever let go of my hand"

Eunhyuk nods as she tightened her grip at Donghae's hand.

"1..." Donghae whispers.

"2..." Eunhyuk whispers.

"3! LET'S GO!" They both shouted in unison as they run and pass the crowd.

 

~~~***~~~

 

"I'm really sorry"  Donghae said as he pants hard when they are already in the car. "Seriously, how could they recognize me so easily?"

'Actually that's an easy thing to do' Eunhyuk thought. "That's okay Oppa" she said, instead of saying her thoughts out loud. "I kinda have fun running away like that"

"Ah! I almost forgot!" Donghae said as he took his cellphone out. "I need to update my twitter and instagram for today"

He starts taking photos of the rain drops as it starts to pour. He wrotes the caption.

"I love rain" Eunhyuk reads it out loud. Eunhyuk chuckles. "The last time you posted like this, it's I love tree. You really loved everything. You're so cute"

"Ah, it's not like that" Donghae said.

"Really?" Eunhyuk asks. "You can just use I like if you like something. Not I love"

Donghae's eyes widened. "Oh, so I can do that?" he asks. "I'm not that fluent in english. But I have to speak in english for the sake of my international fans. So I can use I like instead of I love?"

Eunhyuk nods as she stares at him blankly.

"Wow. I don't know that you're so smart Hyukkie!" Donghae said.

'But... I don't need to be smart to know that!' Eunhyuk thought. She just smiles weakly towards him.

"Hey, by the way, why haven't I seen you for the past few days?" Donghae asks. "You see, I usually sees you following me arround. But I can't even find you"

"Ah, that's because I'm pretty busy these days" Eunhyuk said. "I need to draw the new update of my webtoon, fangirl's stories"

"Oh, so you draw a comic?" Donghae asks happily.

Eunhyuk quickly holds her lips. 'Aish! Lee Eunhyuk! What did you just say? Oppa will think that you're a total nerd!' she thought.

"Well... That was just an hobby" she said weakly. "Oppa, please keep it a secret from everyone! You're the only people who knows about this!"

"Me? The only one? Not even your parents?" Donghae asks with confusion in his voice. "Why?"

"Because... I think that it's very nerdy for me to just stay in my room and draw a webtoon for almost two months" Eunhyuk said weakly.

Donghae pats her shoulder. "Hey, it's not nerdy at all" he said. "You're one of the coolest person I know. And that's why I like you a lot"

Eunhyuk's eyes widened upon hearing him. 'He just said that he likes me?'.

"Oppa" she said.

"Why?" Donghae asks.

"Can I ask you something?" Eunhyuk asks.

Donghae nods his head. "I've told you to feel free to ask, right?"

"What do you think of me?" Eunhyuk asks. "Do you think of me as a girl, a fan, a friend, date partner, or a girlfriend?"

Donghae didn't answer. He just stares at her.

Eunhyuk sighs. "Well, it's okay if you can't answer it. I understand"

"No, Hyukkie. I can answer it" Donghae said. "I think of you as--"

Donghae was about to say his answer when his cellphone rangs. "I'm going to answer this first" he said before staring at the caller's ID.

It was Siwon, the CEO of his agency.

He takes a deep breath before answering.

"Yes, sajangnim? Is there something wrong?" he asks.

"Yah! Lee Donghae! What do you mean by is there something wrong?!" Siwon shouts at him.

"Why? What's wrong?" Donghae asks.

"You really don't know?" Siwon asks. "The rumour of you flirting with the biggest shareholder of my company is spreading! And the netizens were all giving bad comments about you! Aish, I allow you to go on a blind date, but haven't I told you to disguise whenever you're going out with her?!"

"Ah... That rumour" Donghae said. "So it's already spreading?"

"What do you mean by so it's already spreading? I need you here at my office, right now!" Siwon shouts. "I gave you ten minutes to arrive here!"

As soon as Siwon ends the call, Donghae stares at Eunhyuk blankly.

"Why?" Eunhyuk asks.

"Mr. Choi wants me in his office now. He gave me ten minutes to arrive. I think I need to bring you to my agency" Donghae said. "Is that okay with you?"

Eunhyuk nods weakly at him. "That's okay" she said. "I'll just wait inside the car"

"No" Donghae said. "You'll wait at the make up room. I'll ask Heechul hyung to accompany you while you're waiting"

 

~~~***~~~

 

"Kim Jongwoon!"

"Lee Eunhyuk!"

Yesung and Eunhyuk said in unison.

Donghae was just get inside the make up room to drop Eunhyuk there when they mets Yesung inside.

Donghae stares at them confusedly. "You guys know each other?" he asks.

"Well... He's my high school bestfriend, but we stopped contacting each other upon his debut" Eunhyuk explains. "Someone gets arrogant, I guess"

"I lost my phone right after my debut and I'm too lazy to recover my old number so I bought a new one, that's why I can't contact you. Get that?" Yesung said. "Ei, hyung, why don't you tell me that your date partner was this girl? You should've tell it to me first. So I can tell you that this girl is such a war freak and-- ouch! Yah! Why did you step on my foot?" he stops when Eunhyuk steps on his foot.

"I didn't step on your foot" Eunhyuk lied.

Donghae smiled upon seeing them looked so close with each other. "Then I can leave you here with Yesung-ie" he said. "Yesung-ie, you take care of her while I'm away. I'm just going to meet Choi sajangnim at his office"

"Ooh, to talk with him according the scandal?" Yesung asks, teasing him.

Donghae just sighs. "Whatever. I need to go now. You take care of her while I'm away. Bye" he said before leaving the two of them in the make up room.

Yesung sighs as he takes a seat beside Eunhyuk. "Seriously, Lee Donghae. Is it okay to ask your sunbae to do something like this for you?" he asks.

"Does he really like that?" Eunhyuk asks him.

"Who?" Yesung asks her back.

"Donghae Oppa" Eunhyuk said. "Does he really like that? Doing something without even thinking of the negative impact it will cause"

Yesung nods. "Not only that. He's also so easy to fall on people's trap. Meaning, he believes in other people easily. Or should I say... Stupid?" he said. "You see, I even tricked him to be the free model of my family accesory brand, whystyle"

Eunhyuk sighs. "How could he believe on you?" she asks. "You're... Hey, you're the most untrustworthy person in our class back then!"

"That's it" Yesung said. "He believes other people easily even though that person is the most untrustworthy person in this world"

Eunhyuk was about to answer him when suddenly someone butts in.

"Hyung, who's this girl? As far as I know, not everyone can enter this room" that person asks. "Oh? You're Donghae hyung's shadow"

"Kyu, come here. Let me introduce her to you" Yesung said, gesturing for Kyuhyun to come closer. "She's Lee Eunhyuk, my high school best friend, Donghae hyung's date. She's Lee Youngwoon huijangnim's daughter"

Kyuhyun's eyes widened. "Lee Youngwoon huijangnim's daughter? Wow. That's why you always brings the newest DSLR camera with you" he said. "You're so rich that your father can even set you up in a blind date with your idol. Daebak. So Donghae hyung has a sponsorship"

"Spon... What? Sponsorship?" Eunhyuk asks. "It's not like that! Donghae oppa's father is a friend of my father, and they setted us up in a blind date"

Yesung laughed upon hearing their conversation. "Well, Hyukkie, I know that you know him, but I'll introduce him formally to you" he said. "He's Cho Kyuhyun, my groupmate, or peoples in this agency usually calls him my twin brother. And he's so in love with Lee Minnie from head to foot--ouch!"

"Yah! Hyung!" Kyuhyun said as he stepped on Yesung's foot. "Aren't you the one who talks about 'secrets'?"

"Lee Minnie? You mean, Lee Minnie the famous actress?" Eunhyuk asks. "But isn't she in a rumoured relationship with Jo In Sung, that superfamous model and actor?"

Yesung laughed upon hearing her while kyuhyun just sighs heavily. "Well, I'm Jo In Sung idol version. See? Even our surname were same. Jo Kyuhyun, Jo In Sung" he said. "I'm even more handsome than Jo In Sung" he adds confidently, making Yesung laughs even harder as well as Eunhyuk.

"Sorry to disturb, but if I'm Lee Minnie, I'll definitely choose Jo In Sung" Eunhyuk said as she tries to control her laughter. "I didn't say that you're ugly, but, come on. Jo In Sung is number 4 on the list of the 30 most handsome actors in Korea. He's top five!"

Kyuhyun bites his lower lip irritatingly. "But still, Jo In Sung is too old for Minnie noona" he said.

"And you're too young for her, kiddo" Yesung said as he pats Kyuhyun's shoulder.  "Besides, girls likes men who's older than them"

"No! Even Donghae hyung's ex is older than him!" Kyuhyun said. But he quickly holds his lips upon realizing that Eunhyuk is still there.

"Donghae oppa's ex?" Eunhyuk asks. "So she's older than him? How far? A year? Two years? Three years? Or... Omo! Don't tell me... 15 years?!"

"Aish! Do you think he's some kind of a gigolo?" Yesung asks. "We can't tell you. It's better if you know it dirrectly from him"

"Besides, I'm sure you won't be happy hearing it" Kyuhyun said. "That Ajumma is such a and nine tailed fox. Seriously, why is Donghae hyung so stupid for believing her so easily?"

"So... He's really believing people easily?" Eunhyuk asks.

Kyuhyun nods. "He believes other people easily. He's 'innocent man' to be exact. Aish, he's so innocent that you think it'll be better if he's the one who played as Kang Maroo in that innocent man drama instead of Song Joongki" he said sarcastically. "Well, shortly, he's stupid. But he's kind. That's why we stick around with him"

Eunhyuk sighs. 'That's enough. He's too different' she thought.

 

~~~***~~~

 

Meanwhile...

 

"What do you mean by this?" Siwon asks Donghae as he shows him the article in his iPad.

"Lee Donghae, spotted in a date with one and only daughter of Lee Youngwoon, the famous CEO and also the biggest shareholder of SW entertainment" Donghae reads the title of the article out loud.

Siwon scrolls down to the comment section and shows him the comments.

'Sponsorship?'

'Oh, so this is why Lee Donghae is so famous nowadays ㅋㅋㅋ'

'Seriously. Is he so desperate ㅋㅋㅋ it's near his comeback and he's looking for sponsors'

"None of this was a positive comment" Siwon said. "And unfortunately, that's what almost all of the peoples think! How could you make a scandal right before your comeback?!"

Donghae sighs. "But I already disguised myself!" he said. "It's not my fault that they have a really sharp eyes"

"Disguise? Is this what you called disguise? You're only wearing a mask and a cap to cover your face! How could you call that a disguise, huh?" Siwon asks frustratedly. "Besides, how could you're going on a date without even informing me about it? I allow you to go on a blind date and I allow you to have a love relationship with whoever you want as long as it's a girl and she's not yet married, but you have to inform everything to me first!"

Donghae bows his head at him. "I'm sorry" he said.

"Does your sorry will fix everything?! Does your sorry will change their mind?! Does your sorry will stop them from bashing you?! Does your sorry will definitely makes your comeback success?!" Siwon asks angrily. "Donghae-ya. I cared about you. You've been a good boy this far, then why... All of a sudden... Aish! What's your relationship with that girl?"

"Me? With her?" Donghae asks. "Why do you want to know?"

"Confirm everything in your album's releasing presscon. Don't lie. A lie will just worsen everything" Siwon said.

"Everything?" Donghae asks.

Siwon nods his head. "Everything" he said. "That's why I'm asking you your relationship with her"

Donghae thinks for awhile. "Sajangnim" Donghae said. "Can I ask you something?"

"What's that?" siwon asks.

"What if I..." Donghae paused for awhile before he continues to ask about the 'something'.

 

~~~***~~~

 

"Sorry" Donghae said when he dropped Eunhyuk at her house. "I've take you inside my problem"

Eunhyuk has been quiet ever since Donghae fetch her at the make up room and Donghae thinks that she's mad at him for all the trouble that he caused. But actually she isn't. She's just thinking.

"It's okay" Eunhyuk said as she forces to smile. "I'm going inside"

"Ah, wait" Donghae said as he gets something inside his car. It's a bouquet of. White carnations. "It's for you. But I forgot to give you this"

Eunhyuk smiled sweetly. "Thanks" she said. "I'm going inside now"

"Bye" Donghae said as he waves his hand towards her. He sighs as soon as she leaves him. "Hyukkie-ya, will you accept it?"

 

~~~***~~~

 

Eunhyuk go straight inside her room after Donghae drops her home.

Her mom was having a girl bonding with Wookie while her father was still in his office, so nobody can disturb her.

She sighs as she stares at the bouquet of white carnations.

"White carnations symbolizes innocence" She whispers to herself. "He really chooses the right flower for himself"

She lets out a sigh--again as she gets the bouquet of white carnations. "I don't get it" Eunhyuk said. "Why are you so different with your idol image? You're... Sad to say, but you're... Stupid"

She puts down the bouquet on the table. "I kind of lost my feelings towards you now. But... You're so kind... It's just that you're... Stupid" she said to the bouquet before going to sleep--relaxing her mind even though it's still early. "Aish, I better go to sleep instead of thinking about it"

But there's another meaning of white carnations that she didn't know.

Pure love.

And that's what Donghae mean.

 

To be continued...

 

Note:

 

Sajangnim (사장님) : boss or a CEO of a company.

Huijangnim (회장님): president or a CEO of a group of companies.

Sponsor/sponsorship: I know this word from watching K-dramas lol XD it means, a rich person who gave someone who flirts with them everything (well almost XD) they want just like popularity, a role in a drama, even money XD (shortly, it's kind of a XD).

Jo In Sung (조 인성): just in case you don't know him XD he's a famous actor in korea. Number 4 of the 30 most handsome actor in korea. His newest drama was the winter that wind blows, and it's okay, it's love.

About the Jo In Sung and Jo Kyuhyun joke: in hangul, Kyuhyun's name was written like this '조 규현' (Jo Kyuhyun) and his surname was the same as Jo In Sung (조 인성).

Innocent man: just in case you don't know this drama XD it's a story about a doctor student named Kang Maroo who was fooled by love (or so does I think). The girl he loved kill someone by accident, and covers up for her. And after he was released from the jail, that girl marries a rich ajussi. So Maroo decided to have a revenge towards her by flirting with her stepdaughter, Seo Eun Gi. XD Song Joongki was the one who played as Kang Maroo on this drama. He was number 10 (CMIIW) of the 30 most handsome actor in korea.

Nine tailed fox: Kyuhyun was referring to the tale of the nine tailed fox (gumiho). In that story, gumiho was so sly. As. Sly as a fox (?) XD