The Day We Felt The Distance

My Stupid Idol

Chapter 15: The Day We Felt the Distance

 

 

A/n: this chapter is going to be even shorter than previous chapters XD

 

Recomended song: Kyuhyun-The Day We Felt the Distance (this song is so addictive once you started to get used to it >w<)

 

 

"Sorry, am I late?" the man asks as he gives the bouquet of flower to her.

Eunhyuk's eyes widened upon seeing his face.

He flashes a smile. "Miss me?" he asks. "Why are you crying?"

"Oppa..." she whispers softly.

"Happy 10 monthversary, writer Lee" The man-- Donghae said.

Eunhyuk caresses his cheek. A little bit shocked that he didn't disappear just like her halucinations. "You're-- You're real, right?" she asks. "I mean, I'm not hallucinating, right?"

Donghae laughs softly upon hearing her. "Of course I am" he said.

Tears start forming in Eunhyuk's eyes. "So... You're the actor that Producer Na is talking about? Why don't he tell me?" she asks.

"I told him to" Donghae said. "Because I want to give you a surprise"

Eunhyuk starts crying as she hits his chest. "Pabo! I hate you!" she said.

Donghae stares at her sadly. "I'm... Sorry" he said as he lets her hit his chest. "Sorry. Just hit me as much as you can if that will make you feel better"

"Where have you been? I thought you already left Korea!" Eunhyuk said, stop hitting him and started hugging him tightly, instead. "Don't you know how much I miss you? I thought you hate me. I thought you already forget all about me. All about us!"

Donghae was shock for a while. But then he hugs her back. "Sorry" he said. "I just need to prepare my heart for a while. I can't just show myself in front of you after you told me to leave. And that I've promised you that I'll never show myself in front of you anymore"

"You're not supposed to obey me! You can't leave just like that!" Eunhyuk said. "You're supposed forget that ing promise of yours just like what you did now! Why not show yourself in front of me earlier?"

"I know. I'm sorry. It's all my fault" Donghae said, still hugging her tightly. He lets go of her to stares at her face. "Now, can you forgive me?"

There's nothing to forgive about him, it's her fault for being so selfish back then, and Eunhyuk knows it very well. But well, let's just play a little bit. She pushed him away. "No" she said as she wipes her own tears.

"No?"

"No. What you did is really unforgivable" Eunhyuk said. "How could you accuse me of cheating with Yesung?"

Donghae sighs frustratedly. "Hyukkie, please don't you ever remind me of that stupidity of mine" he said. "I know that I'm stupid, but that's the stupidest thing I ever did"

Eunhyuk laughs sarcastically. "Glad that you know it" she said as she looks away, avoiding to stare at his eyes, because if she did, she'll laugh right away, and her 'mission' will be failed.

Donghae stares at her sadly. He holds her face to look at him. "Sorry, okay?" he asks. "It was all my fault. I know. And I already regret it"

Eunhyuk still avoid to stare at his eyes. "Of course you need to regret it" she said, still playing.

And Donghae knows that she's lying because she's not staring at him right in his eyes. They've been together for 10 months, of course he knows her very well, including her expression whenever she lie. He flashes a not-so-obvious smirk before playing along. He lets go of her. "Fine. If you can't forgive me. That only means that there's no use for us to be together. I'm sorry. I can't my fulfill my promises to you and Kangin appa" he said before kneeling down, facing Eunhyuk's tummy. "Baby, daddy is really sorry for leaving you and mommy like this. But this is the best for us. And of course for you too. This is none of mommy's fault. It's daddy's fault. So if in the future you want to blame someone for making you live in a broken family, you need to put the blame on me. Arasseo? Protect your mommy for me" he said before standing up and stares at Eunhyuk. She's still not staring at him. He sighs. "Fine, Hyukkie. I give up" he said. "Please stop playing hard to get"

"W-What? Who's playing hard to get?" Eunhyuk asks.

Donghae laughs. He ruffles her hair. "It's you" he said.

"Me? Heol!" Eunhyuk said, still not looking into his eyes. 'I'll end my play after this' she thought, trying to control her laughter.

"Then why are you not staring into my eyes?" Donghae asks.

Eunhyuk stares right into his eyes, and the moment she did it, she burst out laughing. "Aish! How could you know that it was all just a play?" she said. "I tought my acting was perfect"

"You. Thought." Donghae said, emphasizing the word 'thought'. "Come on, we've been together for 10 months. Of course I know you"

"Correction. 5 months, because we've been far from each other for 5 months" Eunhyuk said.

Donghae snickers upon hearing her. 'Baby, only you don't know' he thought. "Oh, yes. 5 months" he said.

Eunhyuk stares at him suspiciously. "You're hiding something, aren't you?" she asks.

Donghae shook his head. "No" he lied.

"You're lying!" Eunhyuk said, still staring at him suspiciously.

Donghae puts a finger on her lips. "Ssh! Our baby boy might think that his daddy is a liar!" he said. "And since when did I become a liar?"

Eunhyuk was about to say something when Donghae gave her a quick peck on the lips. "Don't say anything!" he said. "Now, we're okay, right?"

Eunhyuk laughs softly as she pinches his nose gently. "Yes. We're okay" she said. "Don't ever leave us again!"

"Us?" Donghae asks confusedly.

"Me and our baby boy" Eunhyuk said as she smiles towards him. "Promise?"

Donghae smiles back at her as he ruffles her hair. "Promise"

Eunhyuk was about to say something when her cellphone rings. It's from an unknown number. "Yeoboseo?" she asks as she answers the call.

'It's me' said a girl voice. 'Jessica' Eunhyuk thought. She stares at Donghae for a while. "Oppa, 5 minutes. I just need to answer this call" she said before going away. "What do you want?" she asks when she's already inside the girl's bathroom.

"Are you with your husband?" Jessica asks.

Eunhyuk sighs. "Does that even important to you?" she asks.

"Okay. Then, can we meet for a while?" Jessica asks.

"Why?" Eunhyuk asks. "You want to tell me some bulls again?" she asks sarcastically.

"No. Please. I just have something to tell you" Jessica said.

"Fine. Where are we going to meet?" Eunhyuk asks.

"Cheongdamdong mangosix. Can you?" Jessica asks.

"I'll be there in half an hour" Eunhyuk said before ending the call.

"Who?" Donghae asks when she takes a seat in front of him.

"Naver webtoon" Eunhyuk said. "Oppa, sorry, but I think I really need to go now. They said that there's a problem in my webtoon's latest episode" she lied.

Donghae smiles sadly. "Really?" he asks. "Should I drop you there?"

Eunhyuk shook her head. "No, thanks. This will take long. This might be really boring for you. Besides, you're a really famous idol--"

"Actor" Donghae corrected. "I'm an actor now"

"Fine, actor" Eunhyuk said. "But, Oppa, why did you suddenly choose to be an actor?"

"Because you're the one who wants it" Donghae said. "You once told me to quit being an idol and be an actor instead so we can be free in expressing our relationship"

Eunhyuk's cheeks blushes upon hearing him. "You still remember that?" she asks.

"I still remember every single second I spent with you" Donghae said.

That's when Eunhyuk blushes even more. "Aish! So cheesy!" she said before standing up and gets her clutch and the bouquet of roses. "I'm going now"

"Well... Since you said that I can't drop you there, can I just fetch you instead?" Donghae asks.

Eunhyuk thinks for a while. The Naver corp. Building is not far from there. A few metres of walking, and boom! She's already in front of Naver corp. She faked a smile. "Okay. I'll call you when I'm finished" she said before walking away. She stops walking and looks back. "Ah, and I accept you as Park Tae Hee" she adds before walking away.

Donghae smiles as he stares at her back that is getting further. "Don't you accept me from the beginning?" he asks. "So weird. But that's what I love from you"

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

"What do you want from me this time?" Eunhyuk asks. "FYI, I'm not going to trust you anymore, because--"

"Sorry" Jessica said softly.

"Eh?"

"Sorry" Jessica said. "Your forgiveness. That's all I want from you this time"

Eunhyuk stares at her suspiciously. "What are you planning to do now?" she asks.

"Nothing. I just want to say sorry to you" Jessica said. "Sorry for everything, sorry for making you separate with Donghae. Sorry. Sorry for making you cry and sad. And... Sorry for hurting your husband"

"What?" Eunhyuk asks confusedly.

"The day you guys separated because of me and my plans--"

"Wait. So it was you who make that scandal of me and Yesung in the media?" Eunhyuk asks.

Jessica nods. "I--I'm really sorry for that. For everything" she said.

Eunhyuk laughs sarcastically. "After all that has happened, you told me to forgive you?" she asks.

Jessica stares at her sadly. "I--I know that what I did was really unforgivable, but..." she takes a deep breath to control her tears from falling. "I just realized that I was wrong"

"Glad that you know it" Eunhyuk said sarcastically.

Jessica ignores her. "The day that you guys separated because of me, Joon left me" she said. "And I just realized how important he is to me. I just realized that he is the one I need and not a popularity"

Eunhyuk stares at her eyes, trying to find lies, but of course she can't find it because it was real. "Does... Donghae know this?" she asks.

Jessica nods. "I already said sorry to him, but he told me to say sorry to you" she said. "Because he said that you're the one who felt more hurt because of this"

'So he still think of me even after all that I told him?' Eunhyuk thought. "Fine. I forgive you" she said.

Jessica's eyes widened. "Really?" she asks.

Eunhyuk nods. "Seeing you, it must be hard for you to say sorry to someone" she said. "So I appreciate your effort. I forgive you"

Jessica smiles sweetly at her. "Thank you" she said. "By the way, please tell Donghae, I said 'thanks a lot'"

"For?"

Jessica was shock upon hearing her. "Oh? He haven't told you?" she asks. "Well, it's nothing bad, it's just a thanks for forgiving me, and for helping me to get back with Joon"

Eunhyuk's eyes widened upon hearing her. "He did?" she asks.

Jessica nods. "Yeah, that's why I'm not able to attend the press conference" she said. "He told me to go chase Joon, while he cover up for me in the presscon. He's such a nice guy. You've met the right guy"

Eunhyuk smiles at her. "Thank you" she said.

"No need to thank me. That's the truth" Jessica said. "Anyway, I'm really sorry but I need to leave now. I'm going to London with Joon today. We're going to get married there and live there" she adds as she stands up.

"Congratulations. And have a safe flight" Eunhyuk said. "Ah, and sorry for slapping you"

"No need to say sorry to me. I deserved it actually" Jessica said. She smiles back at her. "Once more, thank you for forgiving me" she said before turning her back and walks away. She stops walking when she remembers something. "Ah, and it seems like my plan really worked on both of you" she said as she turns to face her. She laughs softly. "I'm indeed the queen of creating plans"

Eunhyuk raises an eyebrow. "Plan? What plan?" she asks.

"Why do you think SBS wants to buy your webtoon all of a sudden?" Jessica asks. "If there's no recomendation at all? Especially if the webtoon is an easy romcom comic, unlike TV viewer's favorite these days, a thriller comic?"

Eunhyuk's eyes widened. "So... It was all your plans?" she asks.

"No need to thank me" Jessica said. "Since Donghae helped me with my love life, I helped him with his, too" she adds before walking away.

Eunhyuk smiles at her back that is walking away. "Thank you!" she said, loud enough for Jessica to hear. "And congratulations! I haven't met with Joon-ssi, but tell him, I told him 'congratulations'!"

Jessica doesn't stops walking nor turns her back to face her. She just makes an 'Ok' sign with her hands.

Eunhyuk laughs softly. "She's actually a good girl. Why can't she realize this and keeps on being a before?" she asks herself as she stares at Jessica's back that is getting further.

Even though she's the one who separated her with her husband, and also the one who had hurt his husband so badly, but still, she's the one who help her to get back with him. And now, she'll never see her anymore, it feels kinda sad, actually. How she wish that she can know her more.

Once more, she smiled. "I hope you're happy" she whispers.

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

"Oh? Jess recomended your webtoon to SBS?" Donghae asks. "I can't believe that she can be this crazy"

They were currently cuddling at their bed at Eunhyuk's parents house.

"Me too" Eunhyuk said as she rested her head in her chest. "I really missed you. I missed you to the step that I started hallucinating about you"

"Hallucinating?" Donghae asks.

Eunhyuk nods her head. "Yeah, at first it was just a dream, but then, I started to have some hallucinations about you" she said. "I think I saw you at SBS building. I even heard someone calling your name"

That's when Donghae had to restrain himself from laughing. 'You're not hallucinating, honey' he thought. "Anyway, what did I miss?" he asks. "You see, I've been away for 5 months, there must be something I miss in this house"

"Well... Wookie and Jongwoon-ie fought last month" Eunhyuk said.

"In this house?" Donghae asks.

Eunhyuk nods. "Jongwoon-ie was jealous because Wookie is having another best friend now" she said.

"Why must he be jealous?"

"Her best friend is a man. His name is Joong Ki. He's the new intern at Wookie's office" Eunhyuk said. "He's such a cute guy, and not to mention that he's a really good person, he has this charm that makes him looks shining everywhere he goes, besides, he looks so much younger than his real age. You can never tell that he's already in his 30s. Well, no wonder Jongwoon-ie is jealous. That boy is really charming. He's like the prince of all pretty boys"

Donghae's eyebrows furrowed upon hearing her. "Okay, someone is also jealous here" he said.

Eunhyuk lift her head up to stares at him. She laughs softly as she pinches his nose gently. "Well, but still, my husband is more handsome than Joong Ki" she said. "Besides, you guys have this same type of childish face. The only difference is you're not a pretty boy while Joong Ki is. But still, feelings is all that matters, right? I love you and not him"

Donghae pinches her cheek gently. "Baby, don't you ever inherit your mommy's characteristics" he said as he. "She's such a flirt. She really knows what I want to hear from her"

"Aish! Don't incite our baby like that" Eunhyuk said as she rubs her tummy. 

"Ah, so what happened next?" Donghae asks.

"Well, Jongwoon-ie was really mad at her" Eunhyuk said. She laughs when she remembers Yesung's reaction that day. "He even said he wanted to hit Joong Ki for flirting with his girlfriend"

"He's always crazy like that" Donghae said.

"But, the problem's quickly solved when Appa told him to calm down and listen to Wookie's explanation. So it's not really a big thing, but the biggest thing is, Umma and Appa had a big fight last week"

Donghae's eyes widened. "You mean, Kangin Appa and Teukie Umma?" he asks. "They're such a lovey-dovey couple. How could?"

"Well, it's because Umma is getting lazy and moody these days" Eunhyuk said.

"So, what happened next?" Donghae asks, interested on her story.

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

"Why did you smelled like a woman's perfume?" Leeteuk asks when Kangin just got home from working.

Kangin stares at her confusedly before sniffing his own shirt. "Ah, this?" he asks. "Ms. Choi almost fainted on a meeting awhile ago, so I helped her"

"You're lying" Leeteuk said. "You're cheating"

Kangin sighs. "Okay, you're right. I'm lying. The truth is Mr. Shim asked me to have a drink with him on a bar, and I agreed with him as long as he didn't call a woman, and he promised that he won't call a woman, but hell, I should've known that believing him is just like believing a devil" he said. "That's it. But I'm not cheating. Those girls is the one who keeps on sticking like this super adhesive glue to me, but I don't even look at them. Why would I flirt with them when I have this beautiful and y wife here at home?" he asks as he takes a step towards Leeteuk

Leeteuk took a step back as she covered her nose with her hands. "No. Don't go near me" she said. "I hate you. I hate how you smell. You're cheating. Lee Youngwoon, you're such a player! Such a dirty ajussi!" she adds. Well, the truth is, she just want to tell him that she's feeling really dizzy because of how he smells, but she doesn't know why she suddenly became furious upon hearing his explanation.

"What? Ajussi?" Kangin asks. "Ajumma! I'm not cheating!"

"What? You just called me ajumma?" Leeteuk asks. "Hey, Ajussi, if you're not cheating then how come there's a lipstick stain in your shirt?"

Kangin stares at his shirt. "" he mumbled. "But, Teukie! I swear that I'm not cheating!"

"Just take that swear for yourself! I don't need it!" Leeteuk said. "You go sleep outside!"

"What?" Kangin asks. "Teukie, you can't be this cruel to me!"

"And how about you? How could you be this cruel to me? How could you cheat on me?" Leeteuk asks.

"I ing swear that I'm really not cheating!" Kangin said.

Leeteuk stares at him in shock. "You just cursed at me?" she asks. "Great. Now sleep outside for a week"

"What? You can't do this!"

"Well, of course I can"

"Seriously, Teukie what happened to you? Why did you suddenly become like this?" Kangin asks. "It seems like you're no longer the Teukie that I know and I loved"

"Of course I'm not because you love your other woman" Leeteuk said sarcastically.

"Teukie, how many times do I have to tell you that I'm not cheating?"

"Five million times" Leeteuk said.

"Fine. I'll said it five million times" Kangin said. "I'm not cheating, I'm not cheating, I'm not cheating, I'm--"

"Stop that!" Leeteuk said. "Who told you to say that?"

That's when Kangin facepalmed. "It's you, Teukie!"

"I didn't!" Leeteuk said.

That's when Kangin walks towards her and hugs her tight. Everything happened so fast that Leeteuk can no longer avoid him. "Let me go!" Leeteuk said. "You better let me go this instant, or--"

"Teukie, please, what should I do for you to believe me?" Kangin asks.

"Let me go" Leeteuk said.

"No" Kangin said. "It hurts to see you not believing me. Please, believe me, I don't know what else I must say--"

And Kangin keeps on saying something but Leeteuk wasn't listening because she was too dizy. She suddenly fell on the floor, unconscious.

Kangin quickly sat beside her. "Teukie!" he said as he pats her cheek gently. "Teukie! Wake up!"

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

"And guess what happened next?" Eunhyuk asks, ending her story.

"What?" Donghae asks.

"Our baby boy is going to have an aunt or uncle soon" Eunhyuk said.

Donghae's eyes widened. "Teukie Umma is pregnant?" he asks.

Eunhyuk nods. "It was really surprising. I can't believe that my brother or sister will be younger than my son" she said. "Ah, by the way, oppa, I have two questions about you that really bothers me since yesterday"

Donghae stares at her confusedly. "What is it?" he asks.

"Well, first, why don't you accept some jobs? You see, it will be a great promotion for you as a new actor, and second, how come you know our baby's gender?"

Donghae gulps nervously upon hearing her. "Well, about your first question... I... I just want to have a... proper rest. Yes! A proper rest" he lied. "And... For your second question... You keeps on mentioning it to me, so how come I don't know?"

Eunhyuk shook her head. "No, no, you already know our baby's gender even before I mentioned it in front of you" she said. "Besides, you need to look at least surprised, so, how come-- don't tell me that you..." she stops talking as she stares at Donghae suspiciously.

"W-what?" Donghae asks.

"So everything wasn't a hallucination, huh?"

Donghae grins sheepishly. "I--I don't understand what you mean" he stammered.

"Stop lying!" Eunhyuk said, frowning at him.

Donghae sighs. "Fine, I stalked you during this five months, that's why I don't take any jobs. Happy now?" he asks.

Eunhyuk hits his chest gently. "Aish! Pabo! Why don't you just show yourself to me?" she asks.

Donghae smiles sadly. "I'm afraid that you will push me away" he said. "Again"

Eunhyuk stares at him sadly before hugging him tightly. "Sorry"

Donghae hugs her back. "No need to say sorry" he said. "Everything is fine, now that you're with me"

"Now that we're together, go back to your normal life, arasseo?" Eunhyuk asks. "Accept at least a pictorial. Your fans must've missed you"

"Arasseo" Donghae said.

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

"Oppa did you bring your handphone?" Eunhyuk asks.

Donghae sighs. "Yeah"

"Powerbank just in case your phone battery is low?"

Donghae rolled his eyes. "Of course"

"Wallet?"

"Hyukkie, stop it" Leeteuk said. "Can't you see how tired he is because of answering your questions? Besides, you've been asking the same question for like, a million times"

Eunhyuk laughs softly. "Sorry. I was just nervous. This is his first job after 6 months" she said.

A month has passed, and today is donghae's first pictorial as a cover of a magazine after 6 months.

"Let him be, this is not his first time" Leeteuk said.

"Teukie Umma is right, Hyukkie" Donghae said. "Besides, if I forgot to bring my phone, I can use Heechul hyung's phone. And also, everything is already setted by the coordi, make up artist, and the other staffs, so no need to worry"

Eunhyuk pouts. "Arasseo" she said. "Now you need to go or else you're going to be late"

Donghae rolls his eyes at her. "See who's talking. You're the one who makes me late" he said. He gave her a quick peck on the lips. "I'm going now. See you later" he adds before walking away.

It only been 10 minutes when suddenly Eunhyuk's tummy is aching. She holds her tummy. "U-umma" she whispers as she doesn't have more energy to say anything.

Leeteuk quickly walks towards her. "W-why? What's going on?" she asks panickedly.

"My tummy... It hurts" Eunhyuk whispers--again.

"Is it the time? But it's supposed to be 2 weeks later" Leeteuk said. "Aigoo, what to do?" she asks panickedly. She quickly stands up and gets one of Kangin's car key at her room. "We need to go to the hospital now" she said as she helped Eunhyuk to stand up.

They walked slowly towards the door. "Ajumma, please call Kangin and Donghae" Leeteuk said to the head maid. "Tell them to go to Hanshin hospital"

The head maid bows her head politely. "Yes, Ma'am" she said as she reaches for the cordless phone on top of the table.

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

Donghae was changing his clothes for the next set of his pictorial when suddenly his cellphone rings.

"Yeoboseo?" he asks.

"Hello, young master, it's Han Ajumma"

Donghae thinks for a while. "Ah, Han ajumma. Why did you call me?" he asks.

"When will your pictorial finish?" Han Ajumma asks panickedly.

"I still have 3 sets to go, so maybe 3 hours or even longer" Donghae said. "You sounded panicked. Why?"

"Could you please end it faster?"

"I don't know. It depends. But maybe I can't since that will be very unprofessional" Donghae said. He suddenly got a really bad feeling. "Why? Did something bad happened to Hyukkie?"

"Young lady's tummy is suddenly aching, Ma'am Teukie is bringing her to Hanshin hospital" Han Ajumma said which makes Donghae almost dropped his cellphone in shock.

"C-could you please repeat? I-I don't understand" he said panickedly.

"Maybe young lady is going to give birth soon"

Donghae peeked through the door. The staffs was still busy. He can't leave them. They'll be even busier if he left them. He takes a deep breath. "I'm sorry..." he said. "I can't leave"

 

 

To be continued...