After All

My Stupid Idol

Chapter 14: After All

 

 

A/n: okay, so maybe my joke abt the ending was terrible XD so here it is, two updates in a week.

 

 

5 months later...

 

 

"Aish! That girl! Why is she still going to work? She's going to give birth next month. She can't work that hard anymore" Donghae said while peeking on his binoculars.

Heechul rolls his eyes at him. He fixes his skirt--Yes! Skirt!. "Excuse me sir, you're overreacting I guess" he said. "She's not doing any hardworks, she's just drawing some webtoons and submitting it once a week. Besides, her webtoons is a big hit. I'm sure she's happy doing it"

Donghae stops peeking on his binoculars and stands up properly. He stares right into Heechul's eyes. "Hyung, I've told you not to go with me if you'll only argue with me, right?" he asks.

Heechul frowns at him. "You're the one who forces me!" he said. "You even made me dress like a girl!"

"Excuse me, it is true that I forced you to dress like a girl, but I never force you to go with me!" Donghae said. "You're the one who insist that you should go with me!"

"Because you're stupid!" Heechul said. "Someone might catch you if you go by yourself!"

They are currently at Naver webtoon's publishing office, stalking Eunhyuk--which was their routine since 5 months ago, and of course, it's Donghae's idea-- while disguising. Donghae as an editor--his disguise is perfect, complete with Naver corp. ID card (and not to mention that he dyed his hair into dark brown only for this) and Heechul as a girl editor--and still, with the Naver corp. ID card. They asked the company's make up artist to put on make up on their faces, so that they'll look different as in completely different, so that Eunhyuk will not recognize them.

It's been 5 months since they separated, and Donghae keeps his promise, he stays away from her, and make sure that she can never see him anymore by stalking her from the distant like this.

"So when will you stop for today? It's been 5 hours since we stalked her" Heechul said. "I'm already tired"

"I'll stop stalking her when I already sees her enters my in-laws house" Donghae said. "That's it"

Heechul rolls his eyes. "Are you crazy?" he asks. "This is only 12 in the afternoon! She'll not go home that fast hearing all her schedules!"

Donghae frowns at him. "You can go home if you want"

"No way!" Heechul said. "Come on Hae, it's been 5 months and it's been 3 months since your drama's finale. And you never take any jobs after that drama. You never take even a single interview about you being an actor. You're an actor now, but you don't take any jobs such as photoshoots, commercials, and even interviews because you're too busy stalking her life! Just stop it already, you need to go on with your life. And she too, I'm sure that her parents already take a good care of her"

Donghae shook his head. "No" he said. "It was my fault that we're separated like this. I'm going to stalk her to make sure that she's fine untill she gave birth, ah, no, untill she files a divorce against me"

Heechul stares at him sadly. "And you're not going to take any jobs untill then?"

Donghae shook his head. "I'm not going to take any jobs untill I make sure that she's fine"

They was about to say something again when someone taps Donghae's shoulder, so he turned to face the person. It was Eunhyuk.

His eyes widened in shock. Does she recognizes him?. "Y-yes, Ms. Lee? Can I help you?" he asks, trying his best to sound natural.

Eunhyuk's eyebrow furrowed. "Ms. Lee? How could you know me?" she asks.

Donghae gulps nervously upon hearing her. 'Oh, no' he thought.

"Well, because... You're the writer of 'My Stupid Idol', right? Your webtoon was a big hit. Besides, you're the wife of the famous actor Lee Donghae, who wouldn't know you?" Heechul said with a smile.

Eunhyuk's smile vanished upon hearing her. "Oh, well" she mumbles as she smiles sadly towards both of them.

Donghae quickly shots him a death glare. "Why did you mention me?" he asks without voice.

Heechul frowns. "You must be glad that I helped you" he mumbled without voice.

"Ah, by the way how could you know that he's an actor already?" Eunhyuk asks curiously. "You see, it's only been 5 months since he decided to be an actor. And he haven't started any projects yet since then" which makes both of them freezes. What should they say?.

Heechul shots Donghae a dirty glare as if it was all his fault for not taking a project.

But gladly, Donghae come up with a lie. "Well, my girlfriend is a fan of him. She keeps on following him around like a sasaeng fan" he said.

That's when Heechul shots him a 'since-when-did-I-become-your-fan?' looks.

Eunhyuk nods. "I also follows him around before" she said. "Ah, by the way, Junwon-ssi, you dropped your ID card"

Donghae raises an eyebrow. How could she know the name written in his ID card.

Eunhyuk laughs softly which makes his heart skips a beat. Well, actually being this close with her is already making his heart skips a beat, seeing her laugh just like an extra topping to add up everything. "Don't look at me with a confused look like that, it's written in your ID card" Eunhyuk said. "Moon Junwon-ssi. Your name is just like the famous actor's name who plays at the drama the gang doctor"

Donghae laughs awkwardly. Because she was true. He take the name Moon Junwon from that actor. "B-by the way, how could you know that I'm confused?" he asks, changing the topic so that she can't discover his disguise.

"Well, it's written in your face" Eunhyuk said. Her expression turns sad--again "You reminds me of someone. You looks a bit like him, and you also smells like him"

'. I need to change my perfume tomorrow' Donghae thought, cursing in his mind. "Oh, really?" he said. "I hope he's someone important to you"

Eunhyuk smiles sadly. "He is" she said. "But it seems just like not the other way around"

Donghae stares at her sadly. There was a moment of silent before Heechul clears his throat to break the silence. "Uhm, baby, what about our lunch?" he asks in his bestest girl voice. "Ms. Lee, do you want to go with us?" he adds which is a complete lie.

Eunhyuk faked a smile. "No, thanks..." she stops for awhile to look at Heechul's ID. "Kim Heesun-ssi. Wow. Both of your names were an actor and actress' name"

Heechul just laughs softly upon hearing her. Well, what can he say? They picked those names while watching KBS' entertainment weekly, showing Kim Heesun and Moon Junwon at a Taiwanese award.

"Sorry, Heesun-ssi, Junwon-ssi, but I'm quite busy. I still need to go to SBS for a meeting" Eunhyuk said before bowing at both of them and leaves the Naver corp. Building.

Heechul laughs sarcastically upon Eunhyuk's leave. "What a heart wrenching scene of the re-meeting of a couple, Mr. Lee" he said sarcastically.

Donghae didn't react. He just stares at Eunhyuk's back that is getting further.

"Hey" Heechul pats his shoulder. "I think we need to go now if we want to stalk her again"

Donghae's eyebrows furrowed. "What is Hyukkie doing at SBS bulding?" he asks. "She's not a drama writer. She's a webtoon writer!"

Heechul shrugged his shoulder. "I don't know" he said. He flashes a smirk. "But if it's SBS building, it's easier for us to stalk her"

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

Donghae and Heechul leans their back against a wall to hide themselves whenever Eunhyuk will look back.

They are currently at the SBS building right now, following her, and it seems that she's already suspicious that someone is following her, that's why she keeps on looking back like, every 2 minutes.

"Seriously, what is she doing here?" Heechul asks. They already took off their disguises now, since this is SBS building, it's normal for an actor and his manager to be at a TV channel's building, right?.

Donghae shrugs his shoulder as he peeked through his binocular. "I don't know. I still have no idea" he said.

"Lee Donghae-ssi? What are you doing here? I thought you don't have a schedule here?" someone asks loudly--really loudly which makes their eyes widened. They turned their backs to face that person.

It was Eunji, one of the PD at SBS. And Donghae ever be the main MC of one of her variety show, that's why she's pretty close with Donghae and Heechul.

Eunji was about to say anything when Heechul covers so that she can't say anything. "Shut up if you want me to let go of you sooner, Jung Eunji" Heechul said, treating her, which makes her being quiet all of a sudden.

Donghae takes a peek behind the wall to see if Eunhyuk hears her or not. Well, the good news is luckily she didn't hear her, but unfortunately, they loose track of her. "Aish, because of you we loose track of her" he said.

Eunji raises an eyebrow. "Her? Ah, you mean, your wife? Why did you guys fight, that's why you need to stalk her like this?" she asks.

"Was that even important?" Donghae asks. "Now, tell me, why is she here?"

Eunji's eyes widened upon hearing him. "She didn't told you?" she asks. "Our company wants to buy her webtoon's royalty so that we can remake it as a drama. You don't know?"

Which makes Donghae completely blank. How could she didn't tell this to him? He's still his husband. He deserves to know.

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

"Ms. Lee?" Producer Na asks when he notices Eunhyuk spacing out.

"Eh?" Eunhyuk asks.

"It seems like you're spacing out" producer Na said. "Are you okay?"

Eunhyuk faked a smile. "I'm okay" she said which actually wasn't a lie. She's fine... It's just that... It seems like she saw her 'oppa'.

By 'oppa', she means Donghae.

She sees him hiding behind a wall, while peeking, shortly, he's hiding, but she can still see his face clearly. He already dyed his hair into dark brown, but she still knows that it's him. And not to mention her meeting with Junwon and Heesun this morning... These two person looks slightly like Donghae and Heechul. And this is too good to be a coincidence. Is he... Stalking her?. But no, that can't be. Why would he stalk her?. Besides, she haven't saw him these past few months. Maybe he's really not staying in Korea anymore. Maybe he's in London? Or even New York? Or Canada? Somewhere else other than Korea. And about someone that is stalking her, well... Maybe it's one of her hallucinations again because of missing him too much. She often sees him in her dreams. He was smiling towards her in that dream, but the way he stares at her, it's different. It's full of guilt and sadness. And once she tries to approach him and touch him, he disappear. That's why when she heard someone calling his name, she take that as a hallucination too.

Producer Na stares at her worriedly, but he still proceed to the next step of their meeting. "I was asking you about who do you want to play the character of Park Tae Hee in this drama" he said. "You see, since you're the author of this webtoon, of course you have someone in mind. Like, someone who inspires you on drawing Park Tae Hee?"

Eunhyuk thinks for a while. "Well... If you ask me about someone who inspires me, it's actually my husband, Lee Donghae" she said. "This webtoon is our story, well with lots of changes actually. But like 60% of the story is our story"

Producer Na laughs upon hearing her. "Oh, so this is your love story?" he asks teasingly.

Eunhyuk laughs softly. "Maybe" she said.

Producer Na thinks for a while. "Well, so no wonder Park Tae Hee looks like your husband. So he's really the man behind this story" he said. "I'd love to choose him since he never plays at a romcom drama, besides this will be his first project as an actor if he accepts this, it will be a big hit for sure, but the problem is..."

Eunhyuk stares at him confusedly when he stops talking.

"Lee Donghae never accepts any jobs ever since he stops being an idol. Not even a single photoshoot" Producer Na said. "Do you know why, Ms. Lee?"

'Maybe he really had gone overseas' Eunhyuk thought. She faked a smile. "He said he wants to rest a bit after his latest drama. You know, he carried that drama by himself" she lied. However, he's still her husband, she still loves him, that's why she wants to protect his image. What would people say if she said that they already separate 5 months ago?.

Producer Na nods his head. "That's too bad. He's one of my favorite actor, though" he said. "He always follows orders, he plays characters as what I wanted, and he loves to gives suggestions if he thinks that I missed something, besides, he have such a good personality, you've met the right man, Ms. Lee"

Eunhyuk laughs softly. "Thank you" she said.

Producer Na laughs softly. "Well, no need to thank me. That's the truth" he said. "Ah, by the way, that's it what we need to discuss for today. I don't want to keep a preggy for too long because I might tire her and her husband will get mad at me"

Eunhyuk laughs softly. She stands up and bows her head at Producer Na. "Thank you, Producer Na" she said.

"No, I'm the one who should've thanked you" Producer Na said as he join hands with her. "Thank you for your cooperation, Ms. Lee"

Eunhyuk bows slightly at him before leaving the room. 

Producer Na taps his chin after she leaves. "That's too bad, though. I really hope the drama can be as close as possible to the webtoon so that the webtoon's reader won't be disappointed" he said. "But the 'man of inspiration' is currently not in acting mode. What can I do?"

There was a moment of silent. "But it's his wife's webtoon that we're talking about" he said, still tapping his chin. "Well, maybe I'll still send a proposal to his agency"

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

Donghae was just finished taking a bath after he get to his condo after stalking his wife.

He sighs as he sits on his bed. He gets his new phone on top of the bedside table and stares at his wallpaper. Luckily, he manages to get all the data on his previous phone, so that he can get this picture again and uses it as his wallpaper again, the picture of his sleeping wife. "Am I really that unimportant to you?" he asks. "Or that you don't consider me as your husband anymore because I left you?"

There was a moment of silent. "Come to think of it, I don't even have time to read her webtoon because of too busy stalking" he mumbled softly. He was about to search for her webtoon when someone calls him. It was Siwon. He rolls his eyes before answering it. "Yeoboseyo?" he asks.

"Look. Please listen to me untill I finish talking. Here is another proposal for you, a drama proposal--"

Donghae sighs. "I think that I've told you a million times that I'm not going to take any jobs at least untill my wife gave birth?" he asks.

"And I think that I've told you to listen to me untill I finished talking first?" Siwon asks. "Come on, it's not good for you to stalk her like this. It's been 5 months. If she knows, she'll hate you for sure."

And he had to admit that however, Siwon was right. "Fine. But I don't want to take any dramas for now" he said. "I'm still tired from my last drama"

Siwon laughs sarcastically. "I'm sure that you'll change your mind after you know what drama that people are offering to you" he said.

Donghae's eyebrows furrowed upon hearing him. "What do you mean?"

"Your wife wrote a webtoon, right?" Siwon asks. "This can be your chance to fix your relationship"

Donghae's eyes widened upon hearing his explanation. "Fine. I'll be there in 10 minutes" he said before getting up and walks away.

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

"Oh, here's the star" Siwon said when Donghae enters his room.

Producer Na laughs softly. "I thought you don't want to take a drama for a while?" he asks teasingly. "So you really loves your wife that much? You even wants to take a drama even if it's been only 2 months since your latest drama"

"Anything to reconcile with his wife" Siwon said.

"I thought you said that was supposed to be a secret to strangers?" Donghae asks, ignoring them.

"So you think of me as a stranger?" Producer Na asks teasingly.

"Well, it's not like that, but..." Donghae stops talking for a while, thinking how is he going to explain. Well, he's close with Producer Na because he ever worked with him twice--and if he accepts this project, this will be his third time working with him. "I don't think it will be good if too many people knows about that"

"That's okay, I'm not going to blab everything to anyone else" Producer Na said.

Donghae pouts. "But, still..." he stops talking when he doesn't know what else to say. "Fine, so what are you going to talk about?"

Producer Na laughs softly before ruffling his head. "You're going to be a father soon, so stop being so childish" he said. "Well, anyway, I'm sure that you already know what I want to talk about"

"Let me see the script first" Donghae said.

Producer Na gives him the script of the 1st episode untill the 8th episode. "The writer didn't change that much of her webtoon"

"The problem is I don't have time to read her webtoon" Donghae said. He laughs softly upon remembering Eunhyuk's expression when she accidentally told him that she wrotes a webtoon on their first date. "Besides, she'll be really shy for sure if she knows that I read her webtoon" he adds before started reading the script of the first episode.

The first episode pretty much tells about each characters. The leading lady is a rich girl named Han Yeo Jin. She never works at all because she only wants to follow her idol, Park Tae Hee. Park Tae Hee is a really famous idol. He seems like a really cool and perfect person from the outside, but he's actually stupid on the inside. One day, Yeo Jin and Tae Hee's parents who turns out to be a really good friend set them up on a blind date. Yeo Jin was happy at first, but she's shocked because Tae Hee isn't perfect like what she think he is. Shortly, it's their story.

Donghae laughs when he find some parts which is actually their true story. "That girl is really..." he mumbled softly. "Okay, I'll accept your offer, Producer Na"

"That's great. So when can you meet with the webtoon writer so that we'll know if she agree with you or not?" Producer Na asks. "Even though I'm sure that she'll accept you immediately"

Donghae thinks for a while. "Well, we'll be having our 10th monthversary this friday, can you set up our meeting that day?" he asks.

"Oh, having a meeting while celebrating your monthversarry?" Producer Na asks teasingly. "You're smart, sir"

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

Eunhyuk was drawing for the next episode of her webtoon when suddenly Producer Na called her. "Yeoboseyo?" she asks.

"Hello, Ms. Lee?" Producer Na asks. "We finally found the actor for the role of Park Tae Hee"

"Oh, that's great" Eunhyuk said. "When can I meet him?"

"Well, you can meet him this friday" Producer Na said.

Eunhyuk's smile vanished from her lips. This friday was her 10th monthversary with her husband, and she was planning to visit him at his condo to reconcile with him, just in case he haven't left Korea yet. Because however, she still loves him that much and she knows that he still loves her too, so why are they still separated like this?. "This... Friday?" she asks.

"Why? Do you have any plans?" Producer Na asks. "Because that's the actor's only free day"

"No, I don't have any plans that day" Eunhyuk lied. 'I can just reconcile with him after the meeting' she thought.

"Oh, that's great" Producer Na said. "Well, then, this friday, 12 p.m. at N. Grill restaurant"

"N. Grill?" Eunhyuk asks. She remembers that place. It was where she first met with him.

"Yes. Because the actor is having a pictorial there that day" Producer Na said. "He's pretty busy, you know"

Eunhyuk nods. "May I know who the actor is?" she asks.

Producer Na chuckles. "You'll know at the right time" he said before hanging up.

Eunhyuk's eyebrow furrowed upon hearing him. "That's weird" she mumbled before going back to her webtoon again.

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

Eunhyuk takes a deep breath as she steps her feet inside N.grill restaurant. This is too much, going inside the place where she first met with her husband on their 10th monthversary is too much, she mossed him too much. Tears starts forming in her eyes. She tries to hold it back as she can which wasn't an easy thing, her tears still falls down after all.

She stares at the place. No one was there. She stares at her watch. "Aish! Why is that actor so late? He's so unprofessional!" she asks, still crying.

She stops crying when she heard some footsteps.

She turns her back to face the voice direction. A man wearing a formal attire walks towards her. He was holding a bouquet of roses that covers his face. "Sorry, am I late?" he asks as he gives the bouquet of flower to her.

Eunhyuk's eyes widened upon seeing his face.

He flashes a smile. "Miss me?" he asks. "Why are you crying?"

"Oppa..." she whispers softly.

 

 

To be continued...

 

 

 

2 chapters left! >w< comments are always highly appreciated <3