shadow

My Stupid Idol

Chapter 1: Shadow

 

"So you'll end your world tour at Indonesia?" Heechul---Donghae's manager asks.

Donghae just nods his head as he drinks his blueberry smoothie.

"Why not end it in Seoul just like you usually do?" Heechul asks again as he stares at Donghae's schedules list for the next 2 weeks.

Well, it's not his fault if he didn't know what's Donghae's next schedules since he's just back from his vacation.

"The agency said we don't have much time" Donghae said. "I need to make my comeback after my world tour is finished. So I need to end it as soon as possible. You know, I've been hiatus for a year"

Heechul nods his head. "So you're going to Indonesia tomorrow?" he asks. "Well, prepare your things, don't forget anything, and don't ever mistaken Indonesia with Malaysia again. Okay?"

Donghae nods his head as he smiled at his manager. "Don't worry hyung. I've been practicing" he said.

Heechul nods his head. "Arasseo. Don't mistake it again this time or else you'll realy lose your indonesian and malaysian fans" he said as he left Donghae at the waiting room.

Donghae let out a sigh. "I'm tired" he whispered to himself. "Why do I need to push myself to my limits like this? Why can't fans accept me just the way I am?"

 

~~~***~~~

 

"What? A blind date? Again?" Ryeowook asks when Eunhyuk called her. She chuckles. "Tell me, does your father already tired of taking care of you who only knows how to spazz over oppa?"

Ryeowook is Eunhyuk's college friend and cousin. But the main reason why they are still friends even after they graduated from college is that both of them were 'elfish' or Donghae's fan. They've been spazzing over Donghae for years and following him around just like his shadow.

Eunhyuk let out a sigh. "I don't know" she said. "But well, Appa said I can always reject him if I don't like him"

"You know what?" Ryeowook asks. "Something smells fishy here. Your father won't be that confident unless he's realy sure that you'll like you're blind date partner"

Eunhyuk laughed at her. "I think he's really desperate" she said. "I already told him that I won't accept it unless he's Donghae oppa or better than Donghae oppa"

"Well, maybe Donghae oppa is your blind date partner. Maybe your father is a friend of Oppa's parents?" Ryeowook asks, starting her delusional fangirl 'what if's before they both screams like a crazy fangirl.

"And that's very impossible. How could Appa knows an actor and actress?" Eunhyuk asks as she laughs. "Hey, maybe we should create a fic about this"

Ryeowook laughed. "Even our previous fic, 'the bridges' is not yet finished. Come on our readers are waiting" she said.

Ryeowook and Eunhyuk were writing a fic together since they were still in colege. They majored the Korean literature major, so it kinda helps them to find their own writing style. But mainly, they starts writing fic together is because they love to play some long delusional 'what if's that they can make a fic out of it.

"Yeah, right" Eunhyuk said. "Well, but we can still continue it after the concert. Don't forget to go to the airport tomorrow at 1 p.m.!"

Ryeowook nods. "I know. I can never forget oppa's schedule" she said. "And of course our schedule. Do you think we'll have the same flight as oppa?"

"Well, if we does, that'll surely be a jackpot since we'll be in the first class" Eunhyuk said. "Of course oppa will be in the first class too, right?"

Ryeowook giggles happily. "I hope so" she said. "I can't wait to see you tomorrow, Hyukkie. And of course I also can't wait to see oppa"

"Okay. Maybe we can talk about the next chapter of our fic while we're in the flight tomorrow" Eunhyuk said.

Ryeowook nods her head. "I know. And good luck for your blind date after the concert" she teases her friend.

"Aish, shut up" she said as she hangs up.

Eunhyuk sighed before she flashes a smile. "Oh well, I don't have to think about that ing blind date for now" she said happily as she continues to pack her things for her flight to indonesia tomorrow. "I'll just think about my plan to ruin that ing blind date after the concert"

 

~~~***~~~

 

"Laptop?" Heechul asks to Donghae who is busy packing his things for his flight at 1.30 p.m.

Donghae nods his head. "It's already inside my bag" he said.

"Your handphone? The charger?" Heechul asks. "Powerbank?"

"I already put all of it inside my bag" Donghae said.

"Your heart for the blind date after the concert?" Heechul asks, teasing him.

"Eh?" Donghae asks confusedly. "Hyung, how could you find out about that?"

"Never trust Yesung and Kyuhyun to keep secrets" Heechul chuckles. "You think, how could I find out that you've mistaken Indonesia as Malaysia?"

"Aish, they are such a blabber" Donghae said. "Hyung, what do I do? I don't want to go on a blind date, but Appa forces me"

"Then reject her after you meet her" Heechul said.

"I don't want to hurt her feelings" Donghae said. "It's like giving false hopes. I don't like it"

"Then marry her" Heechul said. "You're in that age to get married. Why don't you just take it easy? Your father is right. You need to get married. It's ok if you still don't want to get married, but at least, find a girlfriend"

"But it'll hurt my fans' feelings" Donghae said sadly.

"They'll understand" Heechul said. "You're old enough to get married, you've enlisted when you're 29, and you don't have any bad records such as scandal or drugs scandal. Nobody will not understand you"

Donghae nods his head. "Okay, I'll try meeting that girl" he said. "But, what if I don't like her?"

"You'll like her" Heechul said. "Donghae-ya, you're... Come on you're so easy to fall in love and to fall on other people's trap. Remember when that Jessica--"

"Hyung!" Donghae shouts. "Haven't I told you don't ever mention her name again"

Heechul sighed. "Okay" he said. "But believe me, you'll like this girl since you're like that. Besides, I'm sure she's not like she-who-should-remain-unnamed since she's your parents' choice"

Donghae nods his head. "Arasseo" he said. "I'll try meeting her"

Heechul smiled at him. "I'll wait outside" he said. "Just go out if you're finished"

 

~~~***~~~

 

Incheon Airport, Incheon, South Korea, 1 p.m KST.

 

 

"Listen" Heechul said. "Just walk fast, don't mind your fans that much, arasseo?"

"Arasseo" Donghae said. "I remember it hyung. You always told me the same thing everytime I'll go somewhere"

"And you always makes a mistake" Heechul said. "Remember when your fans 'strangle' you when you tried to help one of them who fell on the floor?. You have a concert the next day, but your left hand is injured because of it"

"Arasseo, I won't do it anymore" Donghae said.

Heechul sighed. "Donghae-ya, I always think of you as my real brother. You're... What should I say?... Stupid. You're so easy to fall on people's trap and sometimes you do everything that you like without even considering the negative and positive effect" he said. "Grow up. This world isn't as innocent as you think. You're already 36 years old. You're already grown up for you to know those kinds of things"

Donghae nods his head. "Arasseo hyung" he said as he opens the door of his minibus. "Let's go"

'Why can't everyone understand me? I just want to live simply and do everything I like' he thought. 'Was it wrong because I'm an idol?'

"Remember what I told you in the car" Heechul said. "We're almost late. Our flight is at 1.30 and now is 12.30 p.m. just walk as fast as possible and ignore your fans. But don't run because it'll be obvious that you're ignoring your fans and it might be a scandal and netizens will talk bad about you, and your image will be ruined if that happens"

"Arasseo" Donghae said as he starts walking fast towards the departure gate with Heechul.

He was about to enter the departure gate when someone catches his attention.

It was his 'shadow'.

She was standing only a few steps beside him while holding her DSLR camera.

She smiles sweetly when he notices Donghae staring at her as she quickly turns her DSLR camera on and starts taking photos of Donghae staring at her and her camera.

Donghae smiled back at her and stares at her camera and smiled--allowing her to take photos of him for a few seconds when Heechul called him.

"Donghae-ya!" He called. "Come, quick!"

Donghae looks at him before he stares at his shadow back and smiled at her before he ran towards his manager who's already inside the departing room.

"See? It's just been 5 minutes since I told you and you just disobey me, again" Heechul said. "By the way, who's that girl? It seems that you know her"

Donghae smiles before he chuckles at his manager. "She's my shadow" he said. Somehow, seeing his 'shadow' gains his mood a little. And he doesn't even know why.

Heechul raises an eyebrow. "Huh?" he asks. "Stops hanging out with Yesung. You starts being weird just like him. Let's go. Let's just wait in the lounge"

 

~~~***~~~

 

Ritz Carlton hotel, Jakarta, Indonesia, 10 p.m. WIB.

 

 

"Sleep fast" Heechul said when he finishes telling Donghae his schedules for tomorrow. "You need to wake up early tomorrow. We need to go to the venue immediately at 12 local time. It's 2 p.m. KST. I heard from one of the indonesian staff that the venue is a bit far from here. The rehearseal will start at 2 p.m. local time. It means 4 p.m. at KST. or early if we arrive there early and the concert will start at 5 p.m. local time, it means 7 p.m. KST"

"Arasseo hyung" Donghae said as he stares at the soccer field from the room of his window. "You've been telling it to me like 3 times already"

Heechul chuckles. "Just in case you forgot about it" he said. "I'll go then"

"Hyung" Donghae called him. Heechul walks towards him. "Look, this hotel has a soccer field! Isn't it amazing?"

Heechul smiled upon hearing. "You seemed like someone who nevers stays in a 5 star hotel before" he said. "Doesn't the place where we stays in Indonesia before has a tennis court?"

"That's Tennis court" Donghae said. His eyes were sparkling "hyung, come on! This is soccer field!"

"I know" Heechul said. "Aish, I suddenly wants to play soccer because of you"

Donghae flashes an evil smile. "Hyung, are you thinking what I'm thinking?" he asks.

"I know what you're thinking. But I'm not thinking the same way. You need to sleep now or else you'll wake up late. Besides, what if you got injured?" Heechul asks. "And stop hanging out with Kyuhyun. You starts being evil just like him"

"Aish, come on hyung, you're such a kill joy!" Donghae said. "I'm already 36 years old! I can already protect myself! Please~ I promise I won't hurt myself"

"No, no, no, that's right you're already 36 years old but you have a mind of a 7 years old" Heechul said. "Besides, nobody can avoid being injured even a professional soccer player can got injured"

"Come on hyung, I know you want it too" Donghae said as he flashes his puppy eyes.

"Fine" Heechul sighed. "But we can't play soccer when it's just the two of us"

Donghae flashes his evil smile--again. "That's easy" he said. "Just ask the other staffs. I'm sure they want"

"Ha! You're smart when it comes to this kind of things" Heechul said. "Come on, let's have a race to the staffs room. The one who lost must ask the staffs to play with us"

"Okay" Donghae said. "I'm not affraid"

 

~~~***~~~

 

Donghae was playing soccer with Heechul and the other concert staffs when he suddenly remembers something.

The thing that Heechul brought up earlier.

She-who-should-remain-unnamed.

Or Jessica for short.

She's his first love, first girlfriend, first kiss, and she's also the girl who makes him not so interested in love life anymore.

He mets her when he was still a new debuted idol. When he was still 18. While she's already debuted as an actress-- well, she's 2 years older than him.

They were a couple for almost a year with Jessica being very caring towards him.

Untill one day. It was raining that day and she had to film a drama with a famous actor. Donghae decided to fetch her without telling her.

And he saw it with his own eyes. She was kissing with that actor. And they seemed to enjoy each other's companion so much that they didn't notice Donghae standing there, staring at them.

After that Jessica moves to another agency-- that actor's agency and Donghae avoids her. They don't have anymore contacts since then.

They didn't break up formally, but Donghae thought that's the end.

He was still thinking about that when suddenly Heechul calls his attention.

"Donghae-ya! Watch out!"

And the next thing he know is he bumps into a pole.

Heechul quickly ran towards him. "Are you okay?" he asks concernly. His eyes widened upon seeing a scratch in Donghae's face. "Omo! Your face! It's scratched!"

Donghae touched the scratched in his face. "It's okay" he said. "It didn't hurt that much. I'll just wear a sunglasses during the concert"

"You can't wear sunglasses during the whole concert, pabo!" Heechul said. "Aish, what to do? Bring some first aid kit please!" he shouted to the staffs who quickly ran away to get the first aid kit.

"Aish, I hope that the scratch will disappear quickly. Can the make up cover it?" Heechul asks himself. "By the way why are you spacing out, huh? What are you thinking? You're not focused at all"

Donghae shook his head. "Nothing" he said.

Heechul stares at him with a concerned look. "Are you thinking about her again?" he asks. Donghae didn't answer. "You see... It's been 18 years. You must move on. What are you waiting for? For her to come back to you now that you're already famous? That only means that she'll hurt you again because she'll just be taking advantages on you. Or are you trying to have revenge on her? You've already done it! See? You're more famous than her now. And she and that actor is no longer as famous ad before, right?"

Donghae shook his head. "No, I'm not waiting for her to come back, and I'm also not having revenge on her" he said. "But, I just can't help to think about her whenever someone will brought up a topic about her. How she cheated on me, how she left me just because I'm not famous at that time. I just can't forget it, no matter how hard I tried" 

Heechul sighed. "Look, I'm sorry for bringing up the topic about that y witch awhile ago, but you must move on" he said. "Try looking for another girl. There are a lot of girls loving you more than that y witch ever did which I'm pretty sure that she never did. At all"

"Wait, what did you call her?" Donghae asks upon hearing Heechul's new nickname for his ex girlfriend.

"y witch" Heechul repeated.

Donghae laughed upon hearing it before they both laughed together.

"y witch" Donghae repeated. "It rhymes! Hyung you're... You're so good at creating nicknames!"

Heechul smiled. "That's my specialty" he said. "Now, that you've already smiled, let's not think about that y witch anymore! Let time erase her. Now you have to have to hold your face up, and do your best for tomorrow's concert so that we can show that that you can go on without her! Arasseo?"

Donghae nods excitedly.  "Arasseo!" he said excitedly.

 

~~~***~~~

 

It was already 12 in the evening when Heechul was pounding Donghae's room door frustratedly.

"Donghae-ya! Wake up!" Heechul said. "We're already late!"

"Why are you knocking the door instead of ringing the bell?" one of the staff asks. "I'm sure it'll wake him up"

"I already rang the bell continously but he didn't wake up" Heechul said, still pounding the door.

The staffs eyes widened. "Omo! Don't tell me that he's dying or worst...." he said. "He already dies?"

Heechul raises an eyebrow. Finally stops pounding Donghae's room door. "Are you kidding me? He's completely fine. Why would he dies right now?" he asks.

"Well... What if he commited suicide?" the staff asks.

Heechul rolls his eyes at him. "It's not like he's stressed or something. Beside, he's not the type of person who'll commited suicide easily" he said. "Now, it's better for you to go to the front desk and ask for the key to this room instead of staying here and talking nonsense"

The staff quickly bows his head and ran towards the lift.

Heechul sighed. "You're really not dying, right?" he asks to the door while resting his back on the wall, waiting for the staff to come back with the key.

 

~~~***~~~

 

Indonesia Convention Exhibition (venue of the concert), Tangerang, Indonesia 2.30 P.M.

 

 

"Hey, Wookie, I think there's something fishy going on" Eunhyuk said while staring at her watch.

They were already waiting at the front of the venue entrance gate.

"What was that?" Ryeowook asks while scanning her instagram timeline.

"Doesn't oppa supposed to do his rehearseal now?" Eunhyuk asks as she points the entrance gate. "But we didn't hear any sound from here"

"The door is closed, Hyukkie" Ryeowook said. "Maybe that's why we can't hear anything"

"Are you kidding me?" Eunhyuk asks. "We can hear voices from inside when they played the songs to check the soundsystem awhile ago. So how come we can't hear anything now?"

Ryeowook tapped her chin for awhile. "Maybe oppa woke up late?" she said. "You see, he posted about playing soccer with Heechul manager-nim last night at 10 P.M. local time. Maybe he's tired, that's why he woke up late"

"Aish, that can't be" Eunhyuk said. "Oppa usually woke up at 6 a.m. KST. How could he woke up late right now?"

"Hyukkie-ya, everyone can be late" Ryeowook said.

"Everyone except oppa" Eunhyuk argued. "I'm sure that he's not late. Maybe he's sick?"

"Seriously, Hyukkie, you really believed that Oppa is perfect" Ryeowook said as she let out a sigh.

"He is" Eunhyuk said. "Have you find his weakness?"

Ryeowook shook her head.

"Well, you haven't right? That only means that he didn't have one" Eunhyuk said. "Which means he's perfect"

Ryeowook just nods her head innocently before scanning her instagram timeline again.

 

~~~***~~~

 

Meanwhile...

 

"Aish, yah! Why are you so slow?!" Heechul asks as he frowns hard towards the driver. "Go faster!"

"I can't sir" the driver said "this is already the maximum speed the police will stop us and it'll just take longer to get to the venue. Beside, the traffic is crowded here"

"Can't someone contact local police and tell them to clear the road?" Heechul asks. "We need to get there and do the rehearseal as soon as possible. It's already 2.45 P.M."

"Unfortunately we can't" one of the staffs said. "It's too late to tell the police to clear the road because we're already trapped in the traffic. We should've told them before we trapped here"

"Just give up hyung" Donghae said. "We can't do anything about this condition. If the time isn't enough for us to do a rehearseal, don't do it then. This is the last concert though, I've been doing the same thing for several times"

Heechul shots him a deathly glare. "Do you think who makes us trapped in this condition huh?" he asks. "It's you. Why didn't you wake up early when I told you to, huh? Why don't you set your alarm?"

Donghae sighed. "I forgot to set it" he said. "Besides, you're the one who didn't wake me"

"I thought you already woke up in the morning but you're still preparing yourself!" Heechul said. "Besides, I've tried waking you but you keep on sleeping. If I didn't use that 'water screen' method then you'll still be sleeping right now!"

"Aish, don't ever mention that annoying method anymore" Donghae said.

"And one more thing, you gave your room key to me after this" Heechul said. "So I can always have access to your room"

Donghae raises an eyebrow. "Hyung, the electricity in my room won't be on unless I stucked the card in the slot thingy!" he said. "You want me to sleep without electricity?"

"The hotel gives you two keys. Two ing keys" Heechul said. "And I only need one"

Donghae let out a sigh as he stares at the window. "Arasseo" he said.

 

~~~***~~~

 

After the concert... 

 

"Aish, today is very tiring" Ryeowook said as she sighed and throws herself on the soft bed.

"By the way, Wookie-ya, did you notice the band aid in oppa's face awhile ago?" Eunhyuk asks.

Ryeowook nods. "Didn't he tells us that he accidentally bumps into a pole when play soccer yesterday?" she asks. "That must be hurt"

Eunhyuk nods as she pouts. "See? I've told you that he isn't late. He's just injured" she said.

Ryeowook chuckles. "Yeahyeah princess. I'm wrong" she said.

Eunhyuk didn't answer. She just stares at her bestfriend's face.

"What?" Ryeowook asks. "Why did you stare at me like that?"

"Wookie-ya, you know what?" Eunhyuk asks. "I think you'd be a perfect match for that weird turtle Jongwoon"

"Jongwoon? You mean Yesung? Donghae oppa's sunbae?" Ryeowook asks. "Thanks for your piece of fanfiction idea for this night, Hyukkie"

"No, it's not a fanfiction. He's my high school friend" Eunhyuk said. "But we lost contact ever since he debuted"

Ryeowook raises an eyebrow. "Yeah right. Then I'm a friend of Cho Kyuhyun, his groupmate" she said. "You're tired now. Go to sleep. Goodnight"

"Aish, I'm serious. He's my..." Eunhyuk stops talking when her cellphone suddenly chimes. It was from her father.

 

'From: Appa

Subject: it's fix!

 

How are you? You're doing well right? By the way the date for your blind date is already fix. It's at 12 of July. I'll tell you when and where when you're already here.  Take care and good night'

 

Eunhyuk sighed. "Do I really have to deal with this?" She asks her bestfriend.

"Deal with what?" Ryeowook asks.

"The blind date" Eunhyuk said.

Ryeowook suddenly get up. "Hey, I have an idea to ruin your blind date"

Eunhyuk's eyes widened. "What was that?"

"Well, you can dress up randomly. It was like, nobody can like a woman who can't even dress herself properly" Ryeowook told her while flashing an evil smile.

"And how is that random?" Eunhyuk asks.

"Well, you can wear a dark green supertight leopard velvet blouse combined with pink checkered pencil skirt" Ryeowook said. "And for the shoes, you can just wear clogs. What a brilliant idea, right?"

"Omo! That's so.... Wonderful!" Eunhyuk said. "Thanks for your idea, Wookie-ya!"

Ryeowook proudly smiled at her. "You're always welcome" she said.

 

~~~***~~~

 

Eunhyuk wakes up finding a hairstylist and a stylist standing in front of her with a bright smile on their faces.

"Good morning, miss Hyukkie" The hairstylist greeted her. "We're here to help you get prepared"

"Get prepared?" Eunhyuk repeated. "What for?"

"For your blind date with Mr. Lee--ouch!" the hairstylist stopped when the stylist stepped on her foot.

'Aish, that ing blind date day' Eunhyuk thought. 'Finally it comes'

"Ma'am told us to keep it a secret" the stylist said. "Now, we'll help you to take a bath, Miss. This way, please"

Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow. "Oh! no need to do that, I can do that by myself" she said as she wears her slippers and headed to the bathroom.

'Aish! I can't even execute Wookie's plan' she thought.

 

~~~***~~~

 

Leeteuk smiled brightly upon seeing her daughter who just went out from her room.

"Now, that's my daughter" She said happily as she stares at Eunhyuk who is frowning so hard. "Simplicity is everything"

She's is wearing a simple black cocktail sleeveless dress with swarovski embellishment, a diamond necklace and earrings, a simple black peep toe heels, and a light make up.

Eunhyuk sighed. "Umma, why did you hire a hairstylist and a stylist?" she asks. "I can dress myself properly"

"Do you think I don't know your and your cousin Wookie's plan?" Leeteuk asks as she flashes a sweet smile. "You'll dress yourself randomly such as wearing green leopard supertight velvet blouse and pink pencil skirt, so that your date won't like you, right?"

Eunhyuk's eyes widened. "How could you know?" she asks. "We don't remember telling it to you"

"Well, you guys didn't tell it to me. But I know" Leeteuk said. "I've known both of you ever since you guys were born"

Eunhyuk pouts. "Besides, why would I dress myself properly?" she asks. "It's not like I want it. The blind date"

Leeteuk sighed. "You'll regret saying that after you met him" she said.

Eunhyuk raises an eyebrow. "And what do you mean by that?" she asks curiously. "Why did you keep my date a secret?"

Leeteuk smiled. "A secret makes a woman a real woman" she said. "But believe me, I'm one hunred and one percent sure that you'll like him"

"You're so weird mom" Eunhyuk said.

"Whatever you call it, honey" Leeteuk said. "Now, if you're ready, I'll call driver ajussi to drop you there"

 

~~~***~~~

 

Donghae went out from his room wearing a simple black hoodie and a washed blue jeans and a pair of mint sneakers.

Heechul raises an eyebrow. "Lee Donghae, tell me" he said. "You never went to a blind date before, am I right?"

Donghae nods his head. "Why?"

Heechul sighed. "That's not the proper way to dress yourself for a blind date" he said. "You must wear formal clothes"

"But, this is just a blind date" Donghae said.

"Yes. This is just a blind date, that's why you need to dress yourself properly" Heechul said as he drags Donghae inside his walk in closet.

 

~~~***~~~

 

N. Grill restaurant, N seoul tower, Seoul, South Korea.

 

Eunhyuk arrives 10 minutes late than the time that her mom told her-- it's because she told the driver to drive slowly to make her late.

Eunhyuk gasped in shock upon realizing that the place was empty. No one was there but a man, sitting on one of the chair--and she can't even see his face due to the faraway distance and besides, that guy was looking at his phone.

"He reserved the whole place?" Eunhyuk asks herself. "Which CEO's son is my date for today? Samsung?" she asks herself as she chuckles, laughing at her own joke before she walks towards the table where her date was sitting.

He sat right in front of him and said. "Sorry I'm late" she said. 

Her 'date' lift his face and stares at her.

"The street was...." she stopped talking upon realizing who her date was.

And so does her date. His eyes widened in shock upon realizing who his date was.

"Donghae oppa?"

"My shadow?" They asked in unison.

 

 

To be continued...

 

A/n: A very long chapter for the beginning ㅋㅋㅋ

Ah, btw the reason why Hyukkie laughed at her own joke about the samsung thing is because, due to my experience of watching dramas (?)  'samsung peoples' is so.... Wow XD and that's why Hyukkie made it as a joke.