One

Forbidden

1. 

Chapter One


 

 

“Do you have to go right now? Can you wait for me? The showcase ends tomorrow and then we can both catch a flight back to the reservation. Together.” Luhan pleaded with his long-time, secret boyfriend.

 

“I can’t my mother wants me back now. I don’t want to miss your showcase either, but I have to leave tonight. You’ll come tomorrow and then I’ll see you then, okay?” Kai replied apologetically, hastily packing his clothes from their shared apartment.

 

“Okay, I understand. Give your parents my love, okay? I’ll see you tomorrow.” Luhan relented, but still pouted plopping on his bed.

 

“I think that’s it. I really got to go, but I’ll see you tomorrow. Love you forever, Lulu.” Kai zipped the suitcase with a snap of his wrist and pulled off the bed in one fluid motion.

 

“Love you longer, Jongie. Bye.” They parted ways with a wave and a kiss, Luhan frowning as he watched his boyfriend rush down the stairs, luggage in tow.

 

    ~

 

The next evening, Luhan was rushing around his apartment, hastily throwing things in his suitcase, just as Kai had done. He cursed for not packing earlier but other than that and his padding footsteps, there was no other sound in the house. Once Luhan finished packing, put on a clean shirt and called a cab, trying the make the only flight leaving for his reservation for a whole other day. Luckily, Luhan caught the flight and stepped out of another taxi, on the reservation, in front of his aunt and uncle’s house, hours later. Just as he was about to step in, Kai came stumbling out his house, grabbing onto Luhan.

 

“Kai, I’m really tired. I-.”

 

“Please just come sleep with me. We don’t have to do anything, just hold me.” Luhan frowned at Kai’s strange interruption but nodding and following Kai into his house, next door. Inside, Luhan left his stuff in Kai’s room and laid on the bed him like he’d asked. A few minutes passed and Luhan had thought Kai was asleep until he’d began kissing Luhan.

 

“Kai, I’m tired.. babe...” Luhan groaned when Kai raked a hand down his chest to Luhan’s  member, squeezing softly.

 

“Just tonight, please. I need you.” Kai whispered huskily against Luhan’s ear. Things moved pretty quickly after that, their clothes on the floor, lips mashing together with a frantic haste that Luhan didn’t understand, that he was afraid of.

 

Soon enough, Kai entered him with powerful , making both of the boys groan. They stayed like for a second before Luhan signaled Kai to move, and then they were off, rocketing towards an . This happened a couple more times that night and Luhan was exhausted, falling asleep on Kai’s chest, in his arms. And it was only a few minutes before Luhan drifted off to oblivion, did he realize that Kai hadn’t used a and that he ran out of birth control pills a few weeks ago.

 

~

 

The next morning, Luhan woke up in his old room in his house. Soreness filled his body, all in the right places, reminding him of what he and Kai had done last night. Even so, Luhan got up and took a shower, excited to see his family. Downstairs, he could hear familiar commotion; his aunt banging around in kitchen preparing breakfast, his older cousins, Taeyeon and Baekhyun, bickering at her table and his uncle hushing them every so often. The smells and sounds made him grin as he quickly trotted down to greet them.

 

“Lulu! I have great news! I’m getting married!” His older cousin, Taeyeon squealed as soon Luhan stepped a foot on the floor.

 

“Really?! Oh my goodness, dish! Who?” the younger boy excitedly asked, voice pitch raising with each syllable.

 

“I’m marrying into the Northern Pack. I’m marrying Kai!” she squealed, buzzing around the kitchen happily. Right at the moment, Luhan’s world crashed around him.

 

“Luhan? Where are you going?” a voice shouted from Luhan’s house. Luhan didn’t look back, he ran as fast as he could into the woods, surrounding his aunt and uncle’s house.

 

“Luhan?” the call was softer, dried up by chirps of nature in the forest. Wind whistled through the trees and bit through the thin, long sleeved sweatshirt he was sporting. The chilling wind didn’t bother him, not one bit, because the fact that boy he loves was marrying his cousin.

 

Tears were spilling down his cheeks before Luhan could’ve think about stopping them. Sobs racked his body, enabling Luhan’s ability to walk and he dropped to the grassy ground. All he could do was let the betrayal, despair and self-pity douse his soul and curl into a ball on the ground.

 

What happened to forever?

 

Sometime, in the midst of crying, Luhan had fallen asleep and awoke, at dusk, to sounds of wolves howling the distance. Careful to stay silent, Luhan picked through the forest until he reached the back of his house, all the lights on. Luhan walked up to front door and opened it before quietly stepping inside and attempting to sneak up stairs.

 

“Luhan!” His aunt called, jumping up from the couch. “Luhan, are you okay?” Luhan turned towards and she embraced him, rubbing his shoulders. “You scared the death out of all of us.. Gosh, you’re so cold and shivering. Upstairs now, take a hot shower and I’ll tell the pack to come back.”

 

A half-hour later, Luhan was wrapped in all the spare blankets plus the quilt that usually rested on the couch. Luhan’s aunt had furiously wrapped him in each, demanding that he warm-up while she made some ginger tea.

 

“Okay, tell me what happened. We told you about Tae and you bolted.” Luhan’s aunt said as she sat next to her youngest son.

 

“Nothing, I just left.” Luhan muttered softly, staring into the soft tan color of his tea.

 

“Bull.” she called, making Luhan’s head jerked up, surprised.

 

“Yes, I can cuss. And I call bull. Tell me the truth, Luhan. I care about you and you look heartbroken when we told you about Kai and Tae..” she paused, slowly connecting the dots. “Are you in...love with Kai?”

 

Luhan blinked back tears at hearing the disbelief in his aunt’s tone and a tear rolled down his cheek. His aunt immediately blanched, heart breaking at seeing her sweet nephew cry. “No, no. Don’t cry, it’s going to be okay. Please, Lulu.” she wrapped her arms around Luhan, comforting him with the warm embrace.

 

“But why? Why Kai?” Luhan sobbed into his aunt’s shoulder.

 

“You know about Kai’s lineage. He’s a pure-blood alpha and his grandfather just died, they need a new Head. Taeyeon’s a pure-blood beta from our lineage and they have been betrothed since Kai was a baby. They were chosen to... well, have successful offspring.” his aunt stated factually. “He’s also the only alpha in the Kim family due to the disorder. It was a miracle Kai’s grandfather was an alpha, nonetheless, Kai. It’s an impossible situation, baby. I’m so sorry.”

 

“There’s no way I can be with him? At all?” Luhan dared to inquire, albeit through sniffles.

 

“No, baby, you can’t..” she frowned, petting Luhan’s hair. “I wish the shifters genes were dominant. You would’ve had the birthright. You really would’ve.”


A/N: I NEED A NAME FOR THIS STORY HALP. Enjoy :)