Chapter Five

Don't Forget to Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her lungs were on fire. 

Everything was a blur. It was quite literally a blur, because she was surrounded by water.

Wait...water!?!?

Chorong blinked rapidly, trying to adjust her eyes in the murky darkness. She was trapped in a cube like box, and water was seeping in it pretty quickly. She struggled and tried to get air from where she was, but the water seemed to be overtaking it. 

Gasping for breath after she found a small area that the water hasn't conquered, she tried to relax her pounding heart. Her fear of water was escalating, but she wouldn't have been as scared if she was going to fall down a cliff.

How am I supposed to get out of here!?

The Rong leader didn't expect to die like this. Especially while she was surrounded by water. Out of anything, she had to be in water?! Water was her fear for a reason...that she hadn't shared with many others.

It was because of him. He could apparently control water with his unnatural powers in one of his debut songs (or something of the other) and he promised he would protect her from it. It still scared her to be near it. But he did protect her...several times. But there was that one time...

Chorong shook her head, trying not to remember the bad memories. But they kept flooding back as quickly as the water seeping in...

"I promise to protect you," he said with a childish smile. 

"You promise?" she whimpered, looking at the water park.

"What, do you think I would lie to you on our first date?" he joked. "Sorry I brought you here though. I really didn't know you had a fear for water. But you know, I can control water and all with my supernatural powers," he moved his hands around in a jokingly matter, "but I can really protect you. Like, really protect you. Uh, I won't let you drown or anything--"

"Pinky promise~?"

"Pinky promise." 

She smiled at him and looped her pinky around his. "I'm still scared though," she whined, looking at the park. 

"Shuddup, it'll be fun~"

"You shuddup."

"But seriously, it's super fun~! The water slides really high up there are probably some of the less scarier ones, but the one over there with the raft is more fun than that, and then there is the lazy river, I don't think you would be scared of that, and then there is that roller coaster ish ride that-"

She stopped him with a peck on the lips and then said, "Okay, okay, I get it!! You want me to die, fine then!" with a smirk she started to leave but then she felt a pair of arms spin her around and something warm on her lips. WIth shock she realized that he was kissing her in a water park. Somewhere she didn't think he would kiss her.  But that didn't stop her from kissing him back.

And she was still quite terrifed of all of the rides. But somehow, both of them survived.

Chorong sighed, tears streaming down her cheeks. She missed him so much, but he would never come back. In her eyes, he was dead. She would not need to see his smile again. 

She shook her head again. As the Rong leader of Apink, she shouldn't be thinking about that. She should be trying to get out and contact her members. Chorong tried to crack the glass, but it didn't work. The cube was sinking deeper into the depths of the ocean...or whatever it was. 

Chorong felt the water wipe the tears from her cheeks away. For a moment, she felt as if he was back, but she knew that he couldn't be, because that was impossible, to actually control water. Thinking about that only made her cry harder. She was going to die without saying goodbye to her parents,  her friends, her Apink members, her supporters...

...and the water continued to rise up to , past her nose and to her eyes, blocking any air from getting to her lungs...

 

Bomi watched as Chen made breakfast. Apparently he was a good cook in EXO, though he insisted that he wasn't one of the best. Baekhyun was glaring at a laptop as if he was trying to murder it. Confused, she poked his arm, wondering why he would glare at a screen like that. Almost immediately he made a fist and clenched hard, his knuckles gone pale white. 

"Baekhyun...? What's wrong..." Bomi asked, peering at him with curiousity. 

"Stupid stupid stupid pabos..." he muttered. "There are replacements, Chen."

"What do you mean?" Chen asked while stirring the miso soup.

"There are people who look exactly like us and they are the ones performing at the moment."

"WHAT?!" Chen bursted out, the soup hissing, part of it spilled on his arm. "AHH OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!" 

Bomi rushed forward to grab a napkin for him to wipe the soup off. She handed it to him and watched as he cleaned up the mess. There were still burn marks on his arm.

"Are you okay Jong--Chen?"

"I'm fine Bomi-ya--sshi..."

Deep down, Bomi laughed at their sudden awkwardness. She wondered if Baekhyun suspected something yet. Probably, but perhaps not. 

"Let me see..." Chen peered behind Baekhyun at the laptop. Curious, Bomi walked over to Baekhyun and looked at the screen too. 

"Oh my gosh, they are really good.." Bomi muttered. 

"Does that mat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter