P.I.E

The Dame

                “Good morning ladies.” A short man in a sport shirt and track pants knocked on the door of the women’s yoga class at Superfast Super Fit Exercise Centre. The women whipped their heads and bowed politely to the man.

                “Mr. Lee sends his sincere apologies but he will not be able to make it to today’s class. Something urgent came up with his wife that he must attend to.”

                “Aw that’s too bad.” The class of women, some in their late thirties while others in their twenties groaned in disappointment. Mr. Lee Jongsuk was a wonderful yoga teacher (and also very handsome, so you can understand why the ladies were disappointed).

                “This is such a waste of time.” One of the girls in the purple headband huffed. “Can you believe I got up this early for this?”

                “I know. I even had to turn down a date for this.” Another girl in a blue sports bra said. Her two friends stared back at her like she had 7 heads.

                “Well, I didn’t like him that much anyways.” she shrugged.

                “On the other hand,” the man in front of them called their attention once more. “I do have a substitute yoga instructor for today. If you would like to continue with today’s class I’ll call him in.”

                “Might as well,” one of the older ladies said. “We’re here already. Let’s get a work-out while we’re at it.”

                “That’s the spirit!” the man smiled. “I’ll bring him in.” he left the room briefly and bought back another small man (slightly taller than he was). “Ladies, this Byun Baekhyun, your substitute instructor for today.”

                “Nice to meet you ladies.” Baekhyun bowed and smiled politely. The girls started stretching while some of them whispered to each other.

                “Are you sure you can handle them? I know you haven’t taught yoga in a while and no one has taught this class except Jongsuk.” The man asked Baekhyun as he laid out his mat.

                “I’ll be fine Youngbae. There’s nothing I can’t handle.” Baekhyun assured him.

                “Thanks for filling in at the last minute. Call me if you need anything.” Youngbae left the class while Baekhyun breathed in deeply. He would be lying if he said he wasn’t nervous, but it’s fine. He’s done even more dangerous things. What’s to be afraid of a class full of women?

                “He doesn’t seem like he knows much.” Girl With Purple Headband (GWPH) whispered to Girl With Blue Bra (GWBB).

                “Yeah but he is pretty cute, I mean look at his smile!” GWBB chuckled.

                “Okay ladies, let’s start with some warm up breathing.” Baekhyun wriggled his hips around to get some blood going through his body. “Take a seat on your mat, make sure your legs are crossed, do any one of you need support for your back?”

                Baekhyun crossed his legs effortlessly as the class followed suit. Soft music was flowing throughout the room as he took them through some basic breathing. “Let the fresh air flow through your lungs, filling you up. Then when you exhale, imagine the air taking away all stress and tension from your body.”

                With the breathing over, as well as some warm-up sun salutation poses, Baekhyun decided to take the class through some full body stretch poses. “Alright ladies, let’s start with some cat poses. Hands and knees on the ground, when you inhale, arch your back and lift your head and as you exhale, arch your back upwards like you’re curving in with your head down.”

                “I swear to god he is cute.” GWBB smiled as she got down on all fours. GWRS (Girl With Red Shorts) sniggered as they whispered a little more.

                “If you ladies like you can even twist your body and shake it up as you do your cat poses.” Baekhyun twisted his body and shook his hips for demonstration. He could hear the girls gasping and some giggling away. He looked back at them and flashed another bright smile. “Your turn ladies.”

                “Baekhyun, I can’t seem to reach down any further.” One of the girls complained when they were doing their forward stretches. Baekhyun walked over and put one of his hands on her lower back as he tried to gently ease her down. “Your thigh muscles must still be very tight.” Baekhyun commented as he put his other hand on her thigh and massaged it gently. “It’s okay though, just do until it feels comfortable, no sense straining yourself.”

                “Wow Baekhyun, your fingers are gorgeous.” She commented, watching Baekhyun’s long slender fingers work on her thigh.

                “Thank you.” Baekhyun chuckled. “Its part of my charm isn’t it?” the girl giggled as he went back to the front. She turned back to her friends and mouthed “So hot.”

                “Okay ladies come back up to standing mountain pose.” The ladies rose back up with their hands in front of their chests. “Let’s try something more advanced.”

                Baekhyun was much more flexible than expected. The ladies drop their jaws when they see Baekhyun reach forward and supported himself on his hands while bending his knees to form a C. He could do a lot more complicated things of course, and when his shirt fell down, exposing the milky skin of his back, GWPH gasped and GWBB bit her lip unconsciously.

                “Baekhyun! I can’t get up!” GWBB yelped after she bent her torso forward for a forward bent. Her friends instantly sniggered. This is her signature trick, and they were waiting to see if Baekhyun would fall for it. The last time she tried it on Mr. Lee, she gave him a so big he had to pull his shirt down to hide it.

                “I’m coming!” Baekhyun ran over and rubbed her lower back. With both hands on her hips, he massaged her lower back slowly while trying to coax her to come back up. She lifted herself up, one vertebrae at a time and pushed her back up against him even more. She came up slowly, hands on Baekhyun’s as she arched her back and brushed her ponytail against him.

                “Better?”

                “Very much. You are so gentle Baekhyun.” She cooed in a tilting voice as Baekhyun released his hands from her. Baekhyun smiled and looked around. “Does anyone else need help?”

                “Looks like he held his composure well,” GWRS said, eyeing Baekhyun up and down. “Either it didn’t work or he’s just very professional.”

                The class ended and Baekhyun bowed. “Mr. Lee will be back tomorrow for your regular session.”

                “Aww but you were pretty good!” one of the ladies said. “Yeah! You should come back and teach us!” GWRS pouted at the thought of not seeing this cute instructor anymore.

                “Good luck on your practice girls. Namaste.” Baekhyun waved and left the room. He made a bee-line straight for the instructors’ lounge and poured himself a big glass of water.

                “How was class Baek?”

                “Not too bad Bae.” Baekhyun gulped down his water. Youngbae smirked. “Did Hyejin try her ‘I can’t get up’ trick on you?”

                “Oh yeah.” Baekhyun laughed. “She pushed her straight into my crotch. You should have seen the little vixen. I didn’t have the heart to tell her the truth though.”

                “Yeah, that you prefer over .”

                “So sue me.” Baekhyun shrugged. “Is it my fault I am so attractive that everything living thing is attracted to me?”

                “That is annoying. Even my dog likes you better than me.” Youngbae rolled his eyes at the thought of Mason his pet bull dog Baekhyun’s face the other day.

                “That’s because you are not me.” Baekhyun raised his eyebrows and avoided a swift slap from the centre owner. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go.” He grabbed his back pack that was lying in the corner and pulled a bottle of water from the fridge.

                “Say hi to Victoria for me. How’s her business doing?”

                “Not so good. We used to have 10 students but now there’s only 3 of us. She took a loan out from the bank several months ago.”

                “That’s a pity. That dance studio of hers is her baby.” Youngbae waved as Baekhyun ran out. He left the room to go back to the counter when one of his new assistants rushed up to him.

                “Bae! It’s Hyejin from yoga! She was trying to lift weights and said she sprained her muscle.”

                Youngbae rolled his eyes. Not this again. “Would you like to take care of it?” he asked him.

                “Can I?” he opened his eyes up wide in excitement.

                “Knock yourself out man.” The new assistant left with a spring in his step.

*******************

                You would never even begin to imagine the excitement Ryeowook felt when he saw his best (and most handsome) customer walk into the technology store. Business has been slow, but SJ’s Tech Store was famous for supplying everything from headphones to the latest motherboard and computer graphics. Kyungsoo was a frequent customer and you can bet that Ryeowook would definitely give the kid the red carpet treatment. If Kyungsoo shows up, it means business.

                “Hello Kyungsoo!” Ryeowook waved. “Looking for something new?”

                “Just checking.” Kyungsoo gave a small smile and wandered into the store. Ryeowook left the counter and went up to him. He couldn’t help but admire Kyungsoo’s hair, eyes, lips, nose, skin, body, shoes, whatever you name it.

                Kyungsoo claimed he was average looking, but a lot of people would beg to differ. With large round eyes, plush red lips and soft dark brown hair, he was in fact very handsome. Ryeowook wouldn’t admit it, but he has been caught staring at his favourite customer for far too long a couple of times. But come on, it’s Do Kyungsoo. The question is, who wouldn’t stare at him?

                “We have a new line of keyboards and mouses that just came in.”

                “Sorry hyung, but I don’t need one.”

                “What about a laptop fan? Or a new hard drive? This baby just came in today.” Ryeowook took a box off a shelf for him.

                “No thanks.”

                “You know Kyungsoo,” Ryeowook combed his hair with his fingers. “You buy quite a bit of electronics but you never tell me what it is you do.”

                “Oh I just hook them up at home.” Kyungsoo replied casually, the edges of one of the laptop backpacks hanging on the wall.

                “Are you working?”

                “Yes.”

                “What do you do then?”

                “You wouldn’t believe me if I told you.” Ryeowook was surprised by the response. “Why? Is it illegal?” he raised his eyebrow suggestively.

                “Not completely.” There was a small pause between the two of them and Kyungsoo burst into laughter first. “Just kidding, I make cupcakes.”

                “Really?” Ryeowook smiled. “Can I have some?”

                “Only if you tell me what the price of this microchip scanner is.” Kyungsoo held out a box and focused on reading the instructions behind it.

                “That is a brand new, top of the line product.” Ryeowook hitched his breath. “It’s priced at 700 USD, which makes it roughly 776 thousand won.”

                “Oh come on now, this does not cost that much.”

                “Kyungsoo it is top of the line.”

                “Yeah but I am your best customer.” Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows before putting the box down. “It’s so pricey…”

                “Well, I could give you a special frequent shopper’s discount. How about 700 thousand won?” Ryeowook offered. Kyungsoo looked down at the box before shuffling his feet and pouting.

                “It’s still over my budget. Hyung, can’t you go down a little more?” Kyungsoo looked up with his plush bottom lip sticking out and eyes wide and innocent. Ryeowook could feel his heart melting and his pants tightening.

                “I guess I can do 650 thousand…”

                “Hyung…” Kyungsoo whined softly before putting the box back and sighing sadly. “I guess I just can’t afford it.” He was about to turn and leave when he heard Ryeowook groan and call him back.

                “Wait Kyungsoo!”

                er.

                “Yes hyung?”

                “How about 500 thousand won?”

                “Aww hyung you’re the best!” Kyungsoo smiled widely as he went to purchase the scanner. Kyungsoo wasn’t an idiot, he did his research before purchasing the damn scanner and he knew it wouldn’t cost that much. Heck, he could purchase it off eBay for even less than what he’s paying now (or maybe even hack the systems and get it free, but that’s a different case) but there’s something about physical shopping that always beats electronic shopping.

                “You’re really pinching me hard here Kyungsoo.” Ryeowook said as he swiped Kyungsoo’s credit card. “How about a date to pay me back?” he winked.

                “Someday.”

                “You said someday the last time I asked you.”

                “Well that day hasn’t arrived yet then.” Kyungsoo took the package and waved. “Bye hyung!”

                “See you soon Kyungsoo!”

                10 steps out of the store and Kyungsoo face-palmed himself. “I cannot believe what I just did to get a discount. My worst nightmare is coming true. I’m turning into Baekhyun.”

******************

                “Victoria! I’m here!” Baekhyun bounced into a dance studio a couple of blocks from the gym he just left and stopped in his tracks when he saw Victoria on the floor, thick-rimmed glasses covering her pretty face and surrounded by papers.

                “Oh hey Baekhyun.” She gave him a soft smile and high-fived him. “I’m sorry about that, I was just going through our monthly revenue.”

                “How’s it going?” Victoria sighed deeply. She got off the floor and picked up the papers. “You know how it is. Business has been slow.”

                “Would you be forced to close if this gets worse?”

                “I think it’s a matter of when, not if anymore.” Victoria sighed, wiping under her glasses. Baekhyun’s heart broke for his friend. The dance centre was her baby and she fought tooth and nail to keep it surviving. Now with business heading into a slump, it looked like Victoria would be forced to file for bankruptcy.

                “I wish I could help you Victoria.” Baekhyun muttered softly, as he reached out to touch her arm.

                “Trust me Baekkie, you’re doing a great favour just by being here.” Victoria sniffed, trying to muffle her cries. “At least someone believes in my teaching.”

                “Now why wouldn’t I? You’re an awesome instructor and a talented dancer. No one works the pole like you do.” Victoria taught ballet, jazz, latin and even pole dancing. Baekhyun was her first (and only) male pole dancing student. They started the class with 10 students, but soon more and more of them dropped out.

                Pole dancing, despite having gained fame as a lewd tool in strip clubs, is actually an intense form of exercise involving strength and flexibility. It was almost like a new form of acrobats. In fact, Chinese acrobats have been performing stunning feats of acrobat using a pole for decades, centuries even. How it became associated with is beyond Baekhyun (maybe because of the term ‘riding the stick’?) but he loved pole dancing. When Victoria suggested it to him he thought it was insane, but once he got the hang of it, he loved the beauty and challenge that went into the dance.

                You see, Baekhyun has a job, and not as the substitute yoga teacher. Baekhyun is a private investigator, more often described as a spy, and what he is doing is definitely not legal (well, completely anyways).

                His job required him to squeeze into small spaces (he once had to hide in a suitcase while escaping from Mexico) and also fight off any potential danger (he has been in fights countless times) while completing the mission assigned to him. Sometimes it can be as tame as looking for the secret recipe behind the secret burger or it could even be smuggling drugs across borders.

                The organisation he is working with, aptly named P.I.E, may not sound like much, but the organisation has contacts all over the world and in almost every field imaginable. They were small, but widespread, like viruses. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were just two of the 300 private investigators stationed all across the globe. They catered to the exquisite clientele, with celebrities, politicians and even presidents coming to them for help. If the public knew the dirty doings that went on behind the faces of the rich, famous and clean cut personalities, it would throw the whole world off course.

                With such a high profile and risky job, it is Baekhyun’s responsibility of staying in shape. He had 9 years of hapkido under his belt but that wasn’t enough. Pole dancing was perfect, it gave him strength and flexibility, not to mention the added appeal.

                Baekhyun really didn’t need any more appeal. The man could not go anywhere without turning heads. He had a gorgeous face, soft hips, gentle (and skilled) fingers and a tilting voice that could put anyone under his spell. He was given the nickname “the Seducer” just because he could get anyone to do anything he wanted with just a wave of his hand and a twist of his hips.

                Who was he to deny how gorgeous he looked? Baekhyun knew he was y, and the narcissistic demon in him loved the way his body curled around the pole and how his eyes were trained to look like it could eat anyone up. The demon loved the way Baekhyun’s fingers expertly handled the pole and how his muscles bulged as he flexed them while making a turn. The demon in him loved how y Baekhyun was, and it ate all that y for his meals.

                Baekhyun’s demon was the size of a ing whale.

                “It’s too bad you don’t have any more students,” Baekhyun wiped the sweat off his forehead with the towel Victoria bought him. “It would be nice if I could have more business. Maybe I should just put you out there on the streets and get people to come in.” she laughed.

                “I could do that.”

                “I was just joking.”

                “No but seriously I can do that. If you want me to dance on the streets I’ll do that for you. Anything to help save your studio.” Baekhyun insisted.

                “I appreciate the offer but I can’t.” Victoria shook her head. “It’s against my morals but if ever I do need someone to seduce customers, I will call you.”

                “You think I’m y?” Baekhyun smirked.

                “Look at yourself in the ing mirror.” She rolled her eyes. “Do you know why some of my male customers quit? Because they were having boners in class and it wasn’t for me.” Victoria sounded like her pride was hurt a little (it was).

                “It’s not my fault I’m hot.” Baekhyun pouted, but secretly pleased (his demon was scoffing it down).

                “I know,” Victoria sighed. “And you’re also my best student, especially since you didn’t drop out.” She stood up and gave him a hug. “I wish there were more people like you.”

                “Really?”

                Victoria paused for a while and racked her brain.

                “On second thought…”

                “I figured you would say that.”

***********************

                The main headquarters of P.I.E is located in Seoul, in the area of Gangnam specifically, where the rich and famous gather to play. Since it is the headquarters of an international private investigator ring, it has to be in an easy, yet inconspicuous location. No one must know about it, yet still be able to access it if the time were to come that anyone needed their services.

                That is why P.I.E is hidden under the unsuspecting façade of…a bakery.

                Kim Joonmyun was a smart man. A child genius as a matter of fact. At the age of 6, he had an IQ of 170, higher than Stephen Hawking and even Albert Einstein (supposedly, IQ tests weren't invented at the time he was alive). He graduated high school when he was 12 and started studying law at Seoul National University by 13. He was given offers to pursue a Master’s in law by Harvard, Stanford, Cambridge and Oxford, but declined all of them to begin his practice. He could have been the youngest person in recorded history to practice law, but Joonmyun took a few years off to travel with his family. By the age of 19, he started practicing officially. After a year however, he quit and decided to do something he had always dreamed off.

                “Did I ever tell you what I have always wanted to be when I was young?” Joonmyun, now working under the alias Suho, asked as he piped icing onto his vanilla cupcakes.

                “You said you wanted to be a baker.” His assistant, a handsome dimpled man by the name of Yixing smiled as he sent a tray into the oven.

                “And?”

                “And you also wanted to be James Bond.”

                “Exactly. Unfortunately, my muscles were not as big as my brain capacity.” Suho sighed. “If I could run a track as fast as I could solve Dirac delta functions I wouldn’t be here.”

                “True, but then you wouldn’t be the owner of an international spy company.”

                “How many times do I have to tell you?” Suho wiped his brow as Yixing wrapped his arms around his boyfriend/boss and kissed him. “It’s an international private investigator company.”

                “You say potato, I say poh-ta-to, either way you say it we have none in the fridge.” Yixing chuckled. “Shouldn’t you go and pick up the groceries?”

                “I’ll get to it. You don’t have to nag me.” Suho pouted as he kissed Yixing’s forehead. “Have you been hanging out with my mother?”

                “She told me to take care of you.” Yixing laughed. “I’m just doing my job.”

                “Then why don’t you ice these cupcakes for me?” Suho tested him, raising a suggestive eyebrow before giving his partner a pat on the .

                “Potatoes!!”

                “Got it.” Suho reached for his wallet and jacket on one of the shelves. He brushed past the morning paper and took a glimpse of the headline. He stopped in his tracks and put all his things down. He lifted the paper and read the front page news. Suho could feel his blood boil and his heart stop.

                The Dame, otherwise known as Li Su-En was found dead in her bathroom last night around 8.30p.m. She was supposed to attend her son-in-law Kim Jongdae’s charity function but never showed up. Her driver ran upstairs to look for her after she didn’t come down and found her dead body in the bathtub. According to South Korean police officers, she died of accidental drowning. Police are also looking into the possibility of suicide.

                “Oh god.” Suho breathed. He felt like the wind had been knocked out of him. He stumbled backwards and nearly hit the counter when Yixing came to help him.

                “Myunnie! Are you okay?”

                “The Dame…she…” he choked. 

                “What happened?”

                “She’s…dead.”

 

 

A/N: There they are! It may not seem like it but oh god am I having fun writing about Baekhyun XD I don't wanna spoil anything but damn, the sass level in this character is through the roof!

Pls do comment, subscribe and upvote!! Thanks guys!!