And So It Thickens

The Dame

yFabnSingle: We’re going up on the plane in a couple of minutes.

GeekChic: You know Baek, I think it’s time for you to change your screen name.

yFabnSingle: Why? @@

GeekChic: Because you ain’t single anymore! It should be yFabnTakenbyPCY. Or how about yFabnedbyPCY? LOL

yFabnSingle: I am not taken. The only who is taken here is you I-kissed-my-bae-and-waited-7-hours-to-tell-my-BFF . ( ≧Д≦)

GeekChic: Are you still sore about that? I’m sorry okay but you were asleep! You used to flip me off every time I woke you up.

yFabnSingle: How did you know I was asleep?! I could have been doing other things you know!

GeekChic: Yeah, like getting your pounded.

yFabnSingle: Can we please not talk about that? I’m not proud about getting ed while drunk you know.

GeekChic: Why? Was it because you weren’t conscious enough or you actually have a conscience to feel guilt and shame?

yFabnSingle:  First one.

GeekChic: Knew it.

yFabnSingle: Fine Mr. I-Know-Everything, tell me, did I have with PCY later when I woke up?

GeekChic: No you didn’t.

yFabnSingle: HAH!!! So you don’t know everything.

GeekChic: You didn’t have , you made love. XD

GeekChic: Baek?

GeekChic: Come back Baek.

GeekChic: Was I wrong?

GeekChic: BYUN BAEKHYUN ANSWER ME

GeekChic: AND YOU CALL ME AN BEST FRIEND?!?!?

yFabnSingle: How did you know that?

GeekChic: In case you forgot, your boy and my boy are best friends and they tell each other everything.

yFabnSingle: OH MY GOD

GeekChic: Why are you surprised? You and I tell each other everything.

yFabnSingle: You called Jongin your boy. XD

yFabnSingle: Kyungsoo?

yFabnSingle: Yoo hoo….

yFabnSingle:  Come back!!!! DON’T ING OFFLINE ON ME NOW!!!

GeekChic: Oh my god

yFabnSingle: Revenge “ψ(`∇´)ψ

 

                “Are you ready Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asked as he came out of the immigration office with their papers. “Got the papers all stamped.”

                “Yeah I’m ready.” Baekhyun turned around and tucked his phone inside his pocket. He gave his two juniors a hug. “I’m going to miss you two, thank you so much for everything.”

                “Thanks for your help.” Chanyeol shook their hands gratefully.

                “It’s no problem. Anything for our favourite senior.” Taehyung patted Baekhyun’s shoulder.

                “I am so happy to hear that! Now did you tell Kyungsoo we forgot our keys in the hotel?”

                “What? No, we…”

                “You think I wouldn’t find out that Kyungsoo arranged to have only one bed for us while we were here? That he asked you guys to take me to the club and drag me onstage?” Baekhyun jingled the ‘missing’ keys in his pocket. He eyed his two juniors and crossed his arms. “If you think I wouldn’t find out then you have failed your mission.”

                “Well in all honesty he kinda forced us.” Jungkook pouted.

                “Yeah, Kyungsoo hyung is scary.”

                “But that only means that you are an excellent spy! Nothing gets by you!” Jungkook smiled innocently and clamped his hands together.

                “Why don’t you go kiss up somebody’s ?” Baekhyun shoved the smirking boy.

                “Kyungsoo did what?!?!” Chanyeol’s deep voice thundered through the airport as his eyes widened. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and patted Chanyeol’s left cheek.

                “It’s okay, I’ll explain later.”

                “Have a safe flight guys!!” the two junior spy waved. Taehyung’s phone was in his hand.

                “Why don’t you send one last picture to your boss before we go?” Baekhyun suggested, throwing his head back like a diva while Chanyeol just stood there with his eyes wide. He wasn’t really confused or shocked, he was just…strangely indifferent. Oh god, that meant he was used to it.

                Is having your lover’s best friend secretly arrange everything for you something to be used to?

                They boarded the plane and was greeted once again by the friendly butler, who managed their luggage. The same pilot from before greeted them. “Welcome back sir.”

                “Peter, I know you’re a good man and all, but this time…” Baekhyun gave him a look and Peter the pilot nodded immediately.

                “I apologize sir. I will be sure not to interrupt this time.”

                “Good.”

                “You didn’t need to say that. We weren’t really sure of our feelings then.” Chanyeol said, pulling the smaller man in his arms.

                “And we’re not sure of them now?” Baekhyun teased, lifting himself up on his tiptoes to kiss Chanyeol.

                “I don’t want to do anything you’re not ready for.”

                “I know.” Baekhyun nodded. “I really like you Chanyeol but I’m just…”

                “You don’t have to explain. I think I know what you mean.” Chanyeol kissed his pretty fingers gently. “We have a lot of other things to do. We’ll talk about it when the time is ready.”

                Baekhyun could feel his heart burst into flames. How could he possibly be this lucky to find someone patient enough to wait for him? How could someone like him love him at all? How could Chanyeol be so sweet and romantic, yet fierce and rough? Did Baekhyun save the world in his past life to deserve this?

                Maybe he did. He is a spy after all.

                “So what do you want to do? It’s a long flight back.” Chanyeol asked as they sat down.

                “Suho still has a stash of champagne left at the back, perhaps we can…” Baekhyun was on his knees, hand on Chanyeol’s chest.

                “Forget about it.” Chanyeol pushed Baekhyun back down on the long leather couch. “I want to you out of consciousness, not while you are in it.”

                “Someone likes eh?” Baekhyun arched his back off the couch ily, revealing his smooth abs.

                “And someone is clearly by it.” Chanyeol smirked, hands on Baekhyun’s crotch, rolling it softly in his hand.

                “You better have something to back up this talk you’re talking.”

                “It’s a 12 hour flight Baek, I’ve got a lot of time to prove it.”

*******************

                “Well let me be the first to say that it’s great to have you guys back again.” Jongin gave his best friend a fist bump as they all gathered again at the P.I.E headquarters. Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s flight had finally arrived in the late evening and they headed straight over to headquarters where Jongin and Kyungsoo were waiting for them.

                “It looks like Chanyeol got some sleep too. He doesn’t look half as dishevelled as before.” Kyungsoo pointed out as he laid out the food on their meeting table. Suho had taken the liberty of preparing a hot meal for their return.

                “He did actually. He slept really well on the plane back here.” Baekhyun nodded.

                “Probably because he was tired.” Jongin’s eyebrows did a strange wiggly dance as he looked at his friend and Chanyeol blushed deeply.

                “What does it matter to you? Have you been doing your job while we weren’t here?”

                “We certainly have.” Jongin went over to the touch screen wall and activated it by pulling a file down to its centre. The file opened and several documents splayed out.

                “We have evidence that Kim Minseok is in fact The Dame’s son, and that she was well and aware of him being her child. The only other person who knew of this was Jongdae, who in an interview said he was sworn to secrecy and did not tell anyone. It seemed like neither of her children and even her ex-husband knew about it either.” Jongin said.

                “And Jongin and I checked the pills she had as well as her prescription record. She was supposed to take her hypertension pills once a day, and her sleeping pills at night. Her vitamin pills however were the same colour as her sleeping pills.” Kyungsoo pulled out a photo from one of the folders on screen. “We asked Amber to recheck and yes, sleeping pills were found in her body, but our hypothesis was that she was supposed to take a vitamin pill but mistakenly took a sleeping pill instead.”

                “So someone had to be in her room to pull the switch.”

                “Exactly. There are traces of trampled grass, a torn piece of fabric and a car’s scratch marks and tyre tracks by the curb behind her house. Someone came into the house and exited the back door. He or she tore his or her shirt on the fence and made their escape by a black getaway car.”

                “The white piece of fabric could belong to any ordinary cotton office shirt and the getaway car was most likely a black Mercedes judging by the width of the tyre.”

                “Gee, so who do we know drives a Mercedes?”

                “Everyone in the family.” Chanyeol shook his head. “What about the COD?”

                “Oleandric acid.” Kyungsoo pulled out another file. “Extremely toxic. High levels of the acid was found in her system, meaning she died within 5-10 minutes upon consuming the poison. The poison is natural, meaning it couldn’t be detected via first autopsy.”

                “Where does this plant come from? Is it legal here?”

                “There are no known records of oleander growing naturally here in South Korea so the law doesn’t cover it. It’s technically legal I suppose.” Kyungsoo shrugged. “They are mostly used for horticultural purposes because of their nice flowers.”

                “However, the plant has been used by some indigenous groups outside of Korea as a medicine. It was previously tested for its effects against cancer but of course, no good result came from that.” Jongin pulled out another file on the plant's previous medicinal attempts.

                “Do we know any florists who stock them?” Baekhyun asked.

                “Nope. The plant is expensive to grow here.” Jongin shook his head.

                “So we’re looking for someone who is smart, crafty and has the capability of extracting poison from a plant and injecting them in a pill.” Baekhyun narrowed his eyes.

                “We need to find out who has this plant. If no florist would stock it, then who would?”

                “A lover of nature?” Kyungsoo pondered.

                “Someone with a big garden?” Jongin mused.

                “Someone conducting experiments?” Baekhyun scratched his head.

                “Good! Experiments! But what kind?” Chanyeol paced up and down. “Food? No. Drinks? No. Medicine? It was used as medicine…”

                “God my skin is so dry from the airplane air. Kyungsoo hand me my moisturizer.” Baekhyun scratched his itchy neck. He was about to reach for the container when it was whisked away and tossed in the air.

                “THAT’S IT!” Chanyeol juggled the cream about excitedly.

                “What’s it?! And give me back my cream!” Baekhyun scrambled across the table for the cream.

                “Someone who is using it for medicinal and cosmetic purposes. Who do we know uses all natural ingredients in their products and experiments with wild plants?” he held onto Baekhyun’s hand that was reaching for the container. Baekhyun blinked a few times and his own eyes widened.

                “It’s Hani!”

                “We have to get to her lab. If we have evidence of her cultivating this poisonous plant, then we’ve got our killer.” Chanyeol grabbed his phone off the table and was already heading to the door.

                “But how do we get in? It’s almost 10.30p.m and the factory should be closed by now.” Jongin asked.

                “That’s where our skills come in.” Baekhyun flexed his legs and jumped off the table. “Come on, now you will finally get to see us in action.”

******************

                EXID Cosmetic Factory was located outside of Seoul, almost nearing the Incheon area. It was almost midnight and the factory was indeed closed. Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Jongin were in the car about 5km away from the factory. Kyungsoo had sent in his fly cam for surveillance. There were several guards patrolling the grounds, but he was almost certain they would have no trouble trying to go through.

                “Look, there’s a car there.” Baekhyun pointed at the visitor parking. “A black Mercedes. With paint scratches.”

                “We’re not alone. Someone is here to pick up after their dirty work.”

                “I can’t wait to nab this guy.” Baekhyun snuck his phone in the back pocket of his spy uniform. “Can I go in now?”

                “Go! I’ll keep you posted!” Kyungsoo pushed Baekhyun out the car as Baekhyun ran behind the building. He climbed on top of a nearby van and jumped into the courtyard, narrowly missing the barbed wire on top of the walls.

                “Ouch! What did you hit me for?” Chanyeol groaned in pain.

                “Quit staring at your boyfriend’s and focus on the bloody mission.” Jongin teased. All faces focused on the fly cam that was still circulating around. Baekhyun had another camera in his eyeglasses.

                “I’m entering the main lab. It’s access only.”

                “Stick the bubble gum on.”

                “Bubble gum?” Jongin looked up in confusion.

                “Gadget no. 321 Jongin, do you remember?” Kyungsoo smiled.

                “Oh yeah! The Electronic Busting Bubble Gum!”

                Just like its name, Baekhyun pasted the chewed bubble gum on the access point. It manipulated its wirings and the doors opened. The lab was cold and dark, so Baekhyun whipped out his flashlight from his chest pocket.

                “Where’s the plant? Where is it?” he asked into the microphone tucked behind his ear, scanning countless laboratory equipment and sets. He found a small little room on the other end and shone his light through. It was an indoor greenhouse.

                Baekhyun made his way inside and checked the greenhouse. There were plants of various shapes and sizes, neither of them seemed familiar to him at all. They were all clearly labelled with their local name, scientific name and date.

                “Check those pots Baek! We’re looking for Nerium Oleaneder.” Kyungsoo told him. Baekhyun bent down to inspect the pots.

                “Nerium…N….N….Got it! Nerium Oleander!”

                “So she is cultivating that plant! That poison must be made in her factory!” Jongin gasped.

                “Wait Kyungsoo….”

                “What?”

                “There’s something wrong.”

                “What’s wrong?”

                “There’s no plant. The plant has been ripped out of the pot. It’s not here.”

                “What do you mean it’s not here?”

                “The pot is empty…wait…wha….AH!!!!!”

                “Baekhyun!!!!!!” Kyungsoo screamed into the microphone, but it was no use. Baekhyun’s assailant had already thrown him out of the greenhouse and nailed him to the floor. The flashlight was knocked out of his hand and Baekhyun could not see his attacker. He felt a heavy weight on him as he tried to dodge the punches.

                Then, the weight was lifted from him and Baekhyun heard a thud. He got off the floor and immediately ran to the wall, fingers feeling for a light switch. The lights came on and Chanyeol was pinning the attacker down on the laboratory table, reaching for his handcuffs.

                “You have the right to remain silent. You are arrested for the murder of The Dame.” Chanyeol yanked the head up and Baekhyun finally got a look at his assailant.

                Kim Minseok. 

 

 

A/N: Oh ho ho ho ho ho!!

Wanna know what happens next?

Then you better stay tuned!!! XD