Chapter Six

I Will Marry You

Seohyun POV

This suppose to be my holiday with yoona unnie, and to cure my broken heart. But when we have a lunch together, I never expected to meet one of my senior in junior high school, kyuhyun oppa. He ever confess to me once but I reject it because I never like him. But I think he’s still not give up, because he ask me if I have a boyfriend although we didn’t meet in many years. Ofcourse I said I don’t have a boyfriend because what I have is a husband, but I don’t said it, beside it’s still not legal too. After that he offer me to become our guide, it not appropriate if I reject it because we’re not meet for long time and he is one of senior that i respect before, so I said I will go with him but with yoona unnie ofcourse.

After we finish cycling, yoona unnie ask me, why I say to kyuhyun that I don’t have a boyfriend, and why I agree to his offer to be their guide. But I just say, that we need a guide to recommend us the place to go, beside yoona unnie will always go with me, so I just say yes to him. I don’t know why but yoona unnie look a bit annoyed.

Seohyun       : Unnie, you don’t like the idea that I agree to go with kyuhyun oppa right?

Yoona           : Yeah, little bit.

Seohyun       : Why?

Yoona          : Because you love yonghwa oppa, and you also already married.

Seohyun       : Yahh unnie, I’m not married with him yet. It’s still not legal. Maybe I love yong oppa, but he’s not!

Yoona          : Is that so? How do you know that?

Seohyun       : Unnie, I already tell you last night. How can you already forget it? Are you take him side?

Yoona          : i’m not take anyone side seohyun ah.

Seohyun       : Ahh unnie if you don’t want to accompany me, I will just go by myself.

Yoona          : No!! Big No, ofcourse I will accompany you. I won’t let you go with kyuhyun alone! Sorry seohyun, it’s not like I defanse other side. It’s just I consider your feelling.

Seohyun       : I’m sorry too unnie. I think I’m little sensitive with that issue. Actualy I don’t want to take kyuhyun oppa offer, but I don’t know how reject him.

Yoona          : Let’s just go tomorrow, but we need to prepare a ton of excuse so we can back early to villa.

In the morning, yoona unnie and I go near beach to meet up with kyuhyun oppa. He already arrive before us with his car.  He bring us to the interesting place in jeju. I and yoona unnie really forget her plan to go home early because we really enjoy the place that kyuhyun oppa show us. It’s really fun and refreshing, and some place still not have many visitors so we can enjoy the beauty and nature of the place. Because we’re really thankfull from what kyuhyun oppa done to us today, so we treat him for dinner as a payment. After chit chat for a bit, we go home to the villa with kyuhyun oppa take us there. We arrive at villa around 9 p.m, when we out from kyuhyun oppa car, he offer to take us to the airport, but we reject him because kim ajjushi will the one who take us. We say goodbye to kyuhyun oppa, because we’ll not be meet as soon as possible, after that we go inside the villa. After chit chat for a bit, we pack our things to suitcase, so tomorrow we won’t hurry to prepare our back to seoul.

In the morning, I wake up really early around 5 a.m, and in the outside it’s still dark. I didn’t want to distrub yoona unnie, so I planning to go to the beach to think about my problem. I take my jacket and scarf with me and go outside. When I go out the room, kim ajjhuma already wake up, so I tell her that I want to have walk to the beach, and I don’t forget to massage yoona unnie so she know where I am. I walk to the beach while enjoy my surrounding, I just remamber the time when my family and yong oppa family have a holiday here. At that time, we usually run arround this neighbour hood and playing in the beach all day, our mother will bring us an ice cream and persuade us to go home, but we didn’t lisent to them until our father piggyback us to back home. And than all the memories from yong oppa suddenly fill my mind. How is yong oppa doing? How can he didn’t call or massage me in this past days? Is he really want the wedding end? Huft in the end I only think about that again. Mom still not call me, and that’s mean she’s still not know about that. I don’t know what will happend when I’m back to seoul. I should let go yong oppa and never distrub him ever again, beside whatever I try I still can’t get his heart. I know I’m going still broken when ever meet him, but I can’t let yong oppa know that I’m broken because he will just pity me, and I don’t want it. When I’m still in the day dreaming, someone call me and he is kyuhyun oppa. What he is doing in early morning?

Kyuhyun       : Seohyun ah

Seohyun       : Oppa? What are you doing here in the early morning?

Kyuhyun       : I just want to meet you before you flight back to seoul.

Seohyun       : Why? Is there something important that you want to talk about?

Kyuhyun       : Actually there no one important, I just want to say hemm... you know that I really in love with you since the first we meet, and you ever say that I’m one of your oppa that you respect the most. But why you didn’t want to accept me as your boyfriend? Do you ever think that your action is hurt me?

Seohyun       : I’m sorry oppa, I..

Kyuhyun       : You’re answer always sorry and sorry, can’t you just accept me? You said that you don’t have a boyfriend right? Let’s have a date seohyun. (kyuhyun hug seohyun with a force)

Seohyun       : Let go of me!! (seohyun try to broke the hug but kyuhyun more strong than her)

Kyuhyun       : Why? You like me too right? But you too shy to admit it.

Seohyun       : Please let go of me oppa! I’m not like you. You’re nothing to me. You’re just an oppa to me. (seohyun still strugle to broke the hug and nearly crying)

Kyuhyun       : Don’t lie to me!!

Seohyun       : Just let go please!!!

Yoona           : Seohyun ahh!!!

When yoona unnie come, finally kyuhyun oppa let down his hug, and in hurry I go to yoona unnie and crying really hard in yoona unnie hug.

Yoona POV

Tommorrow we will go back to seoul. Today, kyuhyun oppa bring us to beautiful place in jeju that we never know exist. I’m really enjoy myself in there until I forget to get seohyun back early. After we have a dinner together. We stright to go home to prepare our luggage, so tomorrow we don’t need to rush to pack our luggage. Seohyun already finish pack her luggage and prepare to sleep. After I finish packing, I try to call jonghyun but he not pick the phone. Maybe he’s still accompany yonghwa oppa to bar, so I’m just going to sleep. In the morning, when I wake up, I can’t see seohyun anywhere. When I ask kim ajjuhma, she said that seohyun go to the beach and walk around there. When I saw my phone, there is a massage from seohyun that inform me she is walk around in the beach. And there are twenty misscall from jonghyun? Why? What happend? When I call him back.

Yoona          : Hello jong

Jonghyun      : Yoona ahhhh. Finally you pick up my phone.

Yoona           : Yahhh what happend?

Jonghyun      : We just know that yonghwa hyung and seohyun already get married.

Yoona           : You know that already? Who tell you that?

Jonghyun      : You know that last night we go to bar to accompany yonghwa hyung right?

Yoona           : Yeah.

Jonghyun      : Like yesterday, he was really drank last night. After the three of us ask him, finally he’s spill it up that he already marry with seohyun. But seohyun missunderstand him because she heard hyung say he’s not going to marry her. Yonghwa hyung said that it’s not what he’s going to say, but seohyun already broke up th wedding first. Actually seohyun really love seohyun.

Yoona           : Ohhh it’s what really happend. I already expect that. So, seohyun missunderstand the situation and broke the wedding.

Jonghyun      : Yes I think so. Yoona yahh wait a minuites, minhyuk call me. Don’t hung up.

Yoona           : Okay jong ahh.

So, I’m right that yonghwa oppa feeling to seohyun. Aiiishhh this friends of mine, you just make me worried so much like this. So we should help both of them to clear thire misunderstanding.

Jonghyun      : Hello?

Yoona          : Yes jong?

Jonghyun      : Yoona aaaahhhh!!! We have a trouble now.

Yoona           : Why?

Jonghyun      : Yonghwa hyung already flight to jeju island, maybe he already arrive there. Aiiisshh this mouth of mine.

Yoona           : Whaat???

Jonghyun      : I tell him last night that seohyun now in jeju to refresh her mind. And other boys tell him to fix this problem soon. But I don’t know that he’s going to flight to jeju this morning.

Yoona          : Wow, daebakk! Yonghwa oppa really cool. So, he will arrive here soon right?

Jonghyun      : Yeah, because he take the first flight, so he should be there soon.

Yoona           : If their problem solve here, I think I should back to seoul first.

Jonghyun      : It’s great right? So you  can comeback here, and I don’t need to take care drunk yonghwa hyung anymore.

Yoona           : Yeah I hope so. Okay jong see you this evening.

Jonghyun      : Okay I will fetch you from airport. Bye

After I end the phone call, I go to kitchen to eat bread for my breakfast. And than I planning to catch up seohyun in the beach. When I’m tell kim ajjhuma that I want to go to seohyun, she tell me that someone ask for seohyun and it is a boy. I just think that maybe it’s yonghwa oppa who already arrive here and search seohyun and he also go to the beach to meet her. When I arrived near the beach I can see seohyun still walking in seashore until a man approch her and talking with her side to side. Isn’t he kyu oppa? What is he doing here? How can he know seohyun here? Ohh right, we told him last night that we’re going to back to seoul today, and he offer to take us to airport, but we reject it because kim ajjushi will take us to airport, maybe he’s the one who ask kim ajjhuma where is seohyun now. When I’m going to call them, suddenly kyu oppa hug seohyun. What he is doing to my seo?? Damn it! When I’m going to approch them, I see a guy with a shock and sad expresion look at a women that hug by a man. I’m really shock when I realize who the guy is. He is jung yong hwa who shock by the situation that happend in front of him. He come here to  fix their misunderstanding. But what he see right now, I think it will make their problem geting worst.

I don’t know what should I do, so I just call seohyun and run to her. Seohyun broke the hug right away and crying run to me. When I see to the place that yonghwa oppa stand before, he’s not longer in there. OMG!! Where is he go?? I hope he go to seohyun villa and wait seohyun to come. Aiishh kyu oppa really make me angry. He is really a disturber, I unconscious come to kyu oppa and slap him. I just want to tell him don’t ever geting close to seohyun because seohyun already married. I know I just say something that can’t be revealed. But I’m getting enough of this misunderstanding. I’m sorry kyu oppa, but seohyun not for you because she already belong to yonghwa oppa. After that kyuhyun oppa just say sorry to seohyun and walk away. When we arrive at villa, yonghwa oppa not come here. So while seohyun taking a bath and prepare for our back to seoul, I call jonghyun once again.

Yoona           : Hello, jonghyun ahh.

Jonghyun      : Yeah yoona. Do you meet yonghwa hyung?

Yoona           : Actually yes and no.

Jonghyun      : Huh what with that answer?

Yoona           : I see him in the beach near seohyun villa, but something happen and I think yonghwa oppa misunderstand that, so when I’m going to approach him, he already go. Actually I want to ask you about this. Is he inform you something??

Jonghyun      : I’m still not get his call. I don’t know the others.

Yoona           : Yah jong, yonghwa oppa never come to seohyun villa. So where is he? Our flight will take off this evening.

Jonghyun      : I don’t know. I’m going to ask minhyuk and jungshin first. I’m going to try to call yonghwa hyung. Okay?

Yoona           : Okay. I hang up now. See you soon in the airport.

Yonghwa POV

When seohyun out from the house, I don’t know what should I do. I’m just let her go from this house like I let her go from my heart. Seohyun father say that I should speak to her when she already calm down. Of course I will do it, but the one that distrub my mind is that seohyun still love me after what I did to her. When seohyun go out from our house and cancel the wedding, I just feel hurt, disappointed, broken, lonely? And than I just realize that seohyun indeed important in my life, like I can’t live without her. Is she really make me this crazy? It’s really hurt see you crying like that.

I want to erase this pain in my heart, so I go to bar where I always come with my close friends to get drunk. I call jonghyun, jungshin, and minhyuk to accompany me. I usually can drink much alcohol without getting drunk. But this night I really want to get drunk, so I request for the strongst alcohol. When they are came, I already little tipsy, but I still keep drinking. Three of them asking why I drink so much alcohol. But I didn’t give them any reason, I just keep silent and keep drinking until collapse. I think alcohol still can’t effect my mind to think about seohyun. Her crying face always appears in my mind and my dream.

In the next day, I wake up in our house that seo jisub ajjushi give us. Huh I can’t remamber how I can reach home, as I remamber I collapse after drunk. And as I remamber, I still don’t tell my friend about this house. Suddenly I want to throw up, so I go to bathroom in hurry. After that I go to the kitchen to drink some water when I see the three boys sleep in the couch at TV room. So they the one who bring me home. And than I wake up minhyuk, and ask him why he know this house, minhyuk still half a sleep say that he call my mother and my mother give them the address. I know they have a lack sleep because they are take care of me last night, so I let three of them sleep here for awhile. In the night, I come to the bar to get drunk again, and still with three of them. At that time, finally I tell them about my secret married with seohyun, beside they already know that I move out from my parents house and live in that house. When I  tell them the story, they are really shock especially minhyuk, because he is seohyun close friends and he didn’t know anything about this marrige. After I tell them my feelling and how desperately I am when seohyun cancel the wedding, jonghyun suddenly tell me that seohyun come to jeju with yoona to have short holiday since yesterday. And than minhyuk and jungshin tell me to win her back and tell her the truth so their misunderstanding will be solve. I don’t know if it the effect from alcohol or not, but I just get one of crazy idea.

We go home at 2 in the morning, and than I take a bath to dissmis alcohol smell. I go sleep for one hour to reduce my tired for a bit, and than pack some cloths to go to jeju island. Yes, that’s my crazy idea to go to seohyun and clear up our issue. At 4 in the morning, I already in airport waiting the first plane to take off to jeju island. I ask seo jisub ajjushi where his daughter stay in jeju, and he said seo stay in their villa. It’s relieve that I know where seo’s villa is, because I often come to that villa with our family to have a holiday when we were still a kids. I’m kinda miss this place, especially the beach near seo’s villa. We usually playing in that beach everytime we came here.

 When I’m going to seo’s villa, I stop for awhile to enjoy the beach and the cold breeze in the morning. When I’m going to walk near seashore, I saw someone familiar walking alone with her long dress and jacket with the scarf to hold the cold wind. And it’s seohyun!! Oh my god, how I miss her so bad although I didn’t meet her for three days. Unconsciously, I start to walk fast to reach seohyun as soon as possible. But when I’m going to approch her, I saw a man  walking with her side by side. Who is he, it’s still early to have a guest? Wait, isn’t he? I remember something that happend a long ago. He is a man in seohyun picture and the one she’s date in the day I came back to Korea. What he is doing here by the way? And how come? Is seohyun still in relationship with him, so she want to cancel the wedding?

When I’m still busy with my tought, suddenly his action make my mind blank and can’t think anymore. I just stood still and freeze can’t move from the place I stand. He hug seohyun really tight, but from what I see seohyun just receive that hug and not trying to back off. Suddenly there is a women calling for seohyun. I think she is yoona, jonghyun girlfriend. When yoona call her name, seohyun just broke up the hug with that guy and go to yoona side. Is she really in relationship with that guy? So what I am doing here actually? Winning her back when she didn’t want me to be with her? How fool I am, the scene in front of me already an evidence for seohyun feeling. So, my intention to fix our misunderstanding is no use. With that yonghwa walk away from that beach and go as far as possible, without anyone notice. He don’t know where he should go, because he didn’t prepare and expect the situation like this would be happend.

Seohyun POV

After the incident in the beach this morning, we back to the villa and I told yoona unnie that kyuhyun oppa kinda force me to date him. When I try really hard to broke his hug, he didn’t let it go and keep saying that I lie to him about my feelling. It’s relief that yoona unnie come in the right time, I don’t know what will happend if yoona unnie not came at that time. I’m nearly cry when I tell to yoona unnie, I just think that kyuhyun oppa is one of senior that I really respect so much but how can he not respect me in the same way? I don’t know why I’m so sensitive in this past week, easyly crying and mood swing.

When the time come for yoona unnie and I to go to airport, kim ajjushi already put our suitcase in the trunk and waiting for us in the outside. Before we go, we say good bye and thank kim ajjhuma for take care of us this past three days. Inside the car in the way to the airport, yoona unnie seems trouble about something. She’s going to tell me but choose to cancle it, until I persuade her to tell me. Finally yoona unnie willing to shared what bother her. But the information that she’s tell me is something unexpected. Yoona unnie said jonghyun tell her that yonghwa oppa come here to jeju island for clear up the misunderstanding between yong oppa and I.

When I heard that, I tell yoona unnie that I’m not believe what she said, because in this past days there is no single one call or massage from him, so I think he didn’t have any intention to fix this problem. Yoona unnie also said that she’s not believe at first, but the incident this morning really bother her. Yoona unnie said, she saw yonghwa oppa in the beach this morning, but when I got hug by kyuhyun oppa, yoona unnie only saw yonghwa oppa shock and blank face and than she went to me to stop kyuhyun oppa from what he is planing to do to me. I tell yoona unnie that I never saw him in the beach before or after that incident. But yoona unnie still believe that the man who see seohyun in the beach is yonghwa oppa, but he’s already gone when yoona unnie see to the place where yonghwa oppa standing before.

Yoona unnie said she is kinda bother about yonghwa oppa because at first she think that maybe yonghwa oppa will go to the villa, but he’s not there when we back, jonghyun also inform me that yonghwa oppa phone can’t reach. When we’re still at villa, I call jonghyun again but he said yonghwa oppa also not back to seoul. After yoona unnie told me that, I don’t know what should I react in this situation. I’m little bit happy because maybe yong oppa still care for me. I’m also worried because we don’t know where yonghwa oppa is? I also feel disapointed because he didn’t want to meet me. And  scared, because I don’t know what yong oppa would speak to me, what if he want to confirm that he’s indeed don’t have feeling to me and don’t want this marrige happend? Ohh great, now I don’t feel like to go home. When we arrived at the airport, kim ajjushi put off our suitcare from car trunk while I’m going to tell yoona unnie that I won’t back to seoul with her.

Seohyun       : Unnie, I think I will stay here for more 2 days.

Yoona           : Huh! why??

Seohyun       : I need more time to go back home and face yonghwa oppa. Beside my mind still not clear unnie. Just one or two days more I will stay here.

Yoona           : I’m sorry if I tell you that matter before. Should I stay here too? So let’s go back to villa.

Seohyun       : No, unnie. You already accompany me this past three days. Your parents and jonghyun oppa must be miss you already.

Yoona           : Is it okay if I leave you here alone?

Seohyun       : Don’t worry unnie. I’m not alone though, there is kim ajjhuma and kim ajjushi who will accompany me here. Beside I think I will just stay at home.

Yoona           : How if kyuhyun oppa come to see you?

Seohyun       : It won’t happend unnie. He know that we’ll come to seoul today, and you already told him that I’m married, so he won’t search me right?

Yoona           : Hahaha you right. So I will comeback alone? What should I do if your father ask me?

Seohyun       : I’ll call my father unnie. Just enjoy your date with jonghyun oppa. He wait you in the airport right.

Yoona             : Ooohhh seohyun, I hope your problem will solve soon. I’ll tell you if we know where yonghwa oppa go, okay. Don’t worry!

Seohyun       : Okay unnie.

Yoona           : Don’t take to much time. Come back home soon, okay! Bye

Seohyun       : I know unnie. Bye

After send yoona unnie to the airport, I go back to the villa with kim ajjushi. When we arrive at villa it’s already 7 p.m, kim ajjhuma the one who open the door.

Kim Ajjhuma: Seohyun ah? Is there something left?

Seohyun       : No ajjhuma, I think I will stay here for one or two days.

Kim Ajjhuma: Is there problem dear?

Seohyun       : No, ajjhuma. I just want to stay for a bit longer, because when I back to seoul, I will take a long time to come back here. (I lie to her) But ofcourse If you approve me stay here.

Kim Ajjhuma: Of course seohyun ahh I will let you to stay here, you’re always walcome here dear. Beside this villa is yours right. Hahaha

Seohyun       : It’s not ajjhuma, It’s my parents villa. Hehehe

Kim Ajjhuma: Hahaha okay dear. But, seohyun ahh, Me and my husband will go for 2 days  to busan, because our child will have enggegment in there.

Seohyun       : Who ajjhuma? SooHyun oppa? He’s going to married? Wahh it’s great news.

Kim Ajjhuma: Yeah finally he’s going to married, you know he’s old already.

Seohyun       : No ajjhuma he’s only 10 years apart from me. His not really that old.  Haha

Kim Ajjhuma: Aiigoo seohyun ah you always take a side to your oppa huh?

Seohyun       : Of course, beside he always take care of me though. But how can he’s not tell me? Wahh he is so mean.

Kim Ajjhuma: The engagement and wedding will be held in Busan, so he didn’t want to bother your family to come twice because it’s far right. He said that he will tell you and your parents directly when he give a wedding invitation.

Seohyun       : Okay ajjhuma, I understand. I will go to room okay?

Kim Ajjhuma: Okay dear. By the way, what do you want for dinner? I will cook it for you.

Seohyun       : I kinda crave for noodles ajjhuma.

Kim Ajjhuma: How about spicy cold noodle?

Seohyun       : That’s sounds great.

Kim Ajjhuma: Okay, just go to your room first, I will call you when it’s ready.

In my room, I put my handbag and go to bathroom first to change my clothes. And than I just lay in the bad while waiting for kim ajjhuma prepare our dinner. Thirty minutes latter, kim ajjhuma call me to out from the room, and we eat dinner together. As expected, the food that kim ajjhuma made really delicious, kim ajjushi must be lucky to have wife like kim ajjuhma who good in cooking. After finish my dinner, I excuse myself to the room. Before sleep I call my father first and tell him that I will stay here in one or two days.

Seohyun       : Hello dad?

Seo Father   : Yes Seohyun ahh. Where are you? We wait for you here at the house. You’re mom already comeback and I already tell her what happend between you and yonghwa.

Seohyun       : Is that so? I’m sorry dad, I think I will stay here for more one or two days.

Seo Father   : Why?

Seohyun       : I just want to stay here dad, I kinda miss this place. We already seldom come here right.

Seo Father   : But what should I tell your mother about that? She already waiting for you since this evening. I forbid your mother to call you because I know that you will come home.

Seohyun     : Don’t worry dad, just say the truth to mom, that I will stay here more longer.

Seo Father  : But,...(The phone take by seohyun mom)

Seo Mother : Seohyun ahh

Seohyun     : Mom?

Seo Mother : Seo Joo Hyun, where are you?? We’re waiting for you to hear your explaination here.

Seohyun     : I’m sorry mom. (I know mom really mad at me, because she call me with the full name)

Seo Mother : Oh my young girl, you know what are you doing don’t you? You make all of us dissapointed.

Seohyun     : I know mom, and sorry.

Seo Mother : I know that you’re sorry to us young girl. But, how about you? When you will be back? We need to talk about this seriously honey. Should mom come to jeju huh?

Seohyun     : Don’t need mom!! Please don’t come here. It will just bothering you.

Seo Mother : I didn’t want to scold you from the phone honey. It’s not appropriate to to discuss something like this

Seohyun     : Mom, I’m kinda confuse, do you angry to me or not? Because you still honey to me?

Seo Mother : I’m not kidding here young girl.

Seohyun     : Okay mom sorry. I will back the day after tomorrow! So, just give me more time to clam my mind.

Seo Mother : Okay. But if you not comeback yet, I will the one who come to jeju.

Seohyun     : Thanks mom. Love you

Seo Mother : Love you too honey. I will give the phone to your father.

Seo Father  : Your mother run to the kitchen to drink water so she can clam herself. Hahaha

Seohyun     : Hahaha dad, don’t laugh like that, or I’ll tell mom. Haha

Seo Father  : Yeah, honey don’t be like that, I’m the one who defend you from your mother.

Seohyun     : Just kidding dad.

Seo Father  : Seohyun ahh, do you meet yonghwa already?

Seohyun     : No dad. Why?

Seo Father  : Yonghwa ask me where are you stay in jeju. I though he’ll come to jeju to meet you.

Seohyun     : No dad, I don’t meet him. And why he come here? But, if he come here I didn’t want to meet him too.

Seo Father  : Don’t be like that honey. We never teach you to be mean girl right?

Seohyun     : Okay, but why you always take his side, I’m your daughter dad!

Seo Father  : Because I only approve him to be your husband. Haha

Seohyun     : Yah Dad!!! Huft! I think we need end this phone, I already sleepy beside you will only tease me if we continue our conversation.

Seo Father  : Alright, I’m sorry. Sleep tight honey.

Seohyun     : Yes dad. By the way thank you for everything.

Seo Father  : Anything for my daughter. Okay I hung up now, enjoy your holiday honey. Bye

Seohyun     : Bye dad.

After calling my father, I turn off the lamp and go to sleep early. Today, both my physical and my mind too exhausted because the incident this morning and the information that yoona unnie give to me just make me remamber yonghwa oppa more. So, this night I choose to sleep early, maybe tomorrow I will less forget this problem. I hope so.

“I'd rather love a million times

and have my heart broken every time

, than hold a permanitely empty heart forever.” 
― H.C. Paye