#StopBaekhyun2k15

The Wacky Cafe

We often take for granted the very thing that most deserve our gratitude and we usually don’t know how to appreciate it until we lose it.

Naeun sighs. Sounds deep but she's just thinking of her earphones. If only she has it now, she wouldn’t be exposed with too much of Baekhyun and his tendency to spray bulls.

“I had loved once before, but-” he pauses and sighs for what he thought is a dramatic effect, but it’s actually is just irritating, “-but she turned out to be a he and I’ve had a lot of confused feelings about love ever since.”

Like she cares. All she cares about now is if there’s a way for her to change this shift. She’s seriously would rather work double shift than having to spend five hours on Friday nights waiting for customers at the counter with Baekhyun. Waiting - because Friday night is the worst shift of all as everyone seems to prefer beer and noise over coffee and cozy. To make it even worse, Friday is also where she, the one person who hates making even a small talk, has to work with someone who can’t stop talking to the point of not even stopping to breath.

She sighs again. Instead of responding  (because clearly Baekhyun doesn’t need that) Naeun cleans everything that could possibly need cleaning and even dirties up some more thing just to entertain herself.

“And you know- hahaha- it was so funny when Tao thought the foods was edible when-when it was just—guess what?” Naeun really has to deal with this. “A keychain! Hahaha!”

(At the background, Kyungsoo is taking notes. Food. Keychain. Wrote in messy scrawl and an arrow shooting for a rough sketch of a cupcake. With a chain.)

She rests her chin on her fist, and gazed at the café’s wooden-finished floor. This isn’t what Hell had looked like in her imagination. She wishes she’s somewhere else- specifically where there’s no trace of Baekhyun.

The song in the background changes from some classical piano instrumental to David Guetta ft Nicky Minaj- Hey Mama. Well, that’s escalated quickly. Must be just another arrangement that both Junmyeon and Kris couldn’t agree on so they decided to list both genres to be fair.

Baekhyun gasps, “Ok, be quiet, I like this song!”

“I wasn’t talking?”

“Shh!”

She wants to sigh harder, if possible, but at least for this precious three minutes, Baekhyun will leave her alone.

Except he’s not.

He ballets to the empty space between the counter and the tables that Naeun has been focusing on this whole time and starts working his hips through the beats.

Naeun stares at him staring back at her with supposedly-captivating eyes and lips biting and all, and she deployes her best “God, what did I do to deserve this” face. God doesn't respond so she takes the matter into her own hands. Or mouth. Whatever.

She peeps a desperate head to the kitchen. There’s Kyungsoo and Eunji working on some black fondant and.. wait is that a chain...connected with a cupcake?

She clears to distract them, “Is there anyone here who hates Baekhyun oppa enough to get rid of him?”

Because she knows Kyungsoo is.

♦♦

 

“So, remember to smile politely to our customers and also, remember to ask them to try some pastries, because beverages alone won’t make it to half of your paycheck and if we look at our statistic this month, we have-“

“Jun, we don’t have all morning to go there.” Kris reprimands when Junmyeon, as usual, would digress from morning briefing into talks about monthly sales – which has it’s own time and location, which also, Junmyeon had wasted by talking about his parents repeated love stories.

“Ah. Okay.” Junmyeon claps his hand, making the yawning Chorong startles, “Now get this place ready. We open in five.”

The kids scatter to their posts and Kris stays at his spot. His face scrunches up as he scans the kitchen. Clean, shiny...and suspicious.

“What exactly did Kyungsoo invented last night? Why is this kitchen smells so evil?”

 


 

a/n ; ehem, first of all, i want to say thank u for your acceptance for this fic, it's way more than i expected.

but..please dont think too high on this , i'm worried i would ruined your expectations. and thank you sooo much for the upvotes but..but..I dont think i deserved that many with only one chapter. >< but thank you *sobs*. if you guys like what i've done so far, i like comments/critiques more bcs honestly, upvote scares me i cant even joked about this. so, i hope u guys can slow down with it and vote only when u think its about time n it meets your standard. But still, thank you <3 <3 <3

Also the great comments... thank you. <3 <3 <3

ok enough with dramas, if u guys have any idea what should i do for any specific member or interactions, u can tell me, i'll try to make a scene  of it.

thanks for reading.

^^