Hungry Bomi

The Wacky Cafe

 

Hungry Bomi is a mean Bomi.

“Hey, can I have a flat white and-..”

“No.”

Coming to the rescue is Eunji, “She meant flat white is not available this time, miss. Do you mind ordering something else?” She smiles as she takes over Bomi’s counter. She shoves Bomi to the side, still smiling but her eyes promised Bomi she’s so going to spank her later.

Bomi sighs, shrugs and then bring herself to where she feels belong – the kitchen. However, kitchen has Kyungsoo, and Kyungsoo is concentrating on flattening his dough and when Kyungsoo is with his dough, he is not up to bull – well, unless he is lavishes with a bunch of praise then she can have everything in the kitchen.

“Kyungsoo-ya…you look so…” she casts her eyes up and down to Kyungsoo. His face has flour patches on, he looks chubby in that white coveralls that is certainly two sizes bigger, and the way his eyes bulging right now – “..nevermind.”

Bomi is hungry (and mean) so she has no energy to formulate a lie. She sighs again, dragging her feet to the pantry. There’s no food that Bomi wants in there. She wants jjampong but her lunchtime is still one hour and a half away.

She sighs for the ninth time and goes back to her counter or else Eunji is not going to let her able to sit until the next day.

 

♦♦

 

Junmyeon said she can have her lunch right away if she finishes her tasks early.

But dishes keeps coming and it makes Bomi hungrier. Hungrier Bomi is a meaner Bomi.

There’s a lot of rustling - foams splashes everywhere, the sounds of the cups clanking, “Yah,” Jongdae who’s rinsing the cups beside her intoned, wiping the foam off his nose but getting another splash right below his eye, “Yah! Do it slowly! You’re going to wash off my moisturizer.” Jongdae whines, wiping the foam splatted on his forehead.

Bomi gives up after her tenth cup. Her nostrils flare as she yanks off her hand gloves.

“Here’s an idea, “ Jongdae freezes. Like most of Bomi’s idea, it usually made of ninety-nine percent stupidity to one percent brilliance. “Let’s not clean this up and just leave it for Baekhyun for his next shift.”

It is also likely to get herself – or both of them – fired.

Or killed by Baekhyun.

Before Jongdae could even say a word, Bomi already sprints out of the kitchen. Leaving him cursing under his breath.

 

♦♦

 

With her hands clasping together, Bomi has to listen to Chorong nagging. Good thing she already had her lunch so that helps in reducing her mean tendecity. Or else, she’s so going to get spank, fired and also if she couldn’t beg enough, she could also be a victim of homicide – though Baekhyun’s skill in that department is pretty laughable. The best he could do is probably tickling the life out of her.

“So what now, do we have to feed you all the time so only then you can work like how you are paid for?” Chorong’s hands are resting on her hips, walking around Bomi as she nags.

Bomi frowns before she mutters, “Er..yes?”

Chorong pause, rethinking her question. “I was not offering.”

Bomi turns to face her, giving her her best puppy look. Chorong turns away, avoiding, knowing Bomi would easily get away with that look. “Unnie I’m sorry. I promise it won’t happen again.”

Chorong risks a quick peek and sees Bomi’s big eyes but still shakes her head. “I can’t trust your stomach.”

“I can’t too. What do we do?”

Chorong smirks. “Fine. Make an offer.”

Bomi scowls, knowing Chorong will settle everything with her manipulative operation. “I’ll make you lunch for a week,” Bomi starts, Chorong still has her unimpressed look. “I’ll carry your stuffs for the rest of the month. I’ll steal Kyungsoo’s donut for you.”

“Keep going.”

“…I’ve run out of offerings. Sorry.” Stealing Kyungsoo’s donut is the best (deadly) offer she can make, Chorong has to deal with it.

“Donuts?”

Bomi sighs. “Fine. Donuts.” She said, stressing on the S. “But there’s one problem.”

“What is it?” Chorong would think it’s about having to deal with Kyungsoo’s ability to monitor every strange movement in the kitchen and his capability to shred people’s skin while singing and smiling.

Bomi steps backward, ready to make a run. “I’mstillhungry.”

"For God's sake, come back here!!"

 


a/n I'm going to change the title of this fic - because the lacking of crack factor.

(wait, I think i should explain the relevancy of the title - or lack thereof. So strawberry shortcakes refer to Apink (you know, pink~ ok shut up) and Espresso is Exo.... *crickets* ...yeah.....I know, I'm judging myself too)

(Noonim got me thinking actually so yeah, Wacky Cafe should be a better title.)

Also, i'm up for double update - If my laptop is being less of a tonight.

- Ming -

xx