No Point (II)

The Wacky Cafe

 

688 words


“How about ciel?” Tao suggests, looking up to Kris.

Kris stares at him with stone cold face.

“Cerulean?” Tao gives another try.

Kris replies him with one slow blink, still expressionless. In Kris’s Facial Expression Language, it means ‘Really, ?’

“Aha, how about rose quartz?”

Now Yookyung glances at Tao too, brows twitch mildly. It’s her judging face. And Yookyung never sports a judging face.

“Wait, wait, wait. You guys are going to back me up for this one. Amethyst! It’s the third lighter shade of purple and-“

“Purple!” Kris snaps. “Finally, there’s a color that people actually know.

“Don’t you think I sound intelligent though? Color Intel. Color Genius. Cool Guy Who Speaks Colors—”

Kris scribbles on his note furiously. “—But No One Cares because I’m still going to write third lighter shade of purple.”

Tao rolls his eyes. “You’re just jealous that I can speak colors.”

“Of course I’m jealous because I would want to speak language that no one speaks too.” As Tao pouts, Kris turns towards Yookyung. “How about you? What color do you think our next uniform should be?”

Yookyung puts down the clean fork before taking another one and wipes it. She shrugs. “I really am fine with our current uniform.”

“We all do, except Junmyeon hyung.” Tao interjects. “Or maybe Naeun too. Girl has new coffee dots on her uniform every ten minutes.”

“Yeah, that’s why she picked black.” Kris stares back at Yookyung. Head slightly tilts, brows raises, mouth somewhat curls, which means ‘So?’. Kris is lazy to speak, but somehow he is lazier to speak fewer words.

“White.” Yookyung says, not looking up from her task. Pick up, wipe, put down. “Which pretty much means the same uniform.”

“Okay. Now, I need to find Chanyeol.” Kris saunters off from the kitchen.

“My bet is he will have no idea so he will depend on what color is his underwear today.”

 

 

Tao is really the Cool Guy Who Speaks Colors But No One Cares because after two minutes of undeciding moments, Chanyeol pulls the front of his pants away from his waist and looks down. “Spongebob.”

Kris sighs. “Chanyeol . . . Spongebob.” He writes down.

“What color is leading?” Chanyeol walks to stand beside Kris, peeking on the notes. And then he moves closer as if he can’t read the notes. Because he literally can’t. “Is this written by first grader?”

Kris smacks the notes on his head. He got insulted with colors, now he gets insulted with font. “Shut up. Or I’m going to personally design your uniform and it’s going to be a dress.”

“Can you even draw a dress?”

And then he gets insulted with his doodling skills.

Kris’s arm is curling around Chanyeol’s head when Bomi snatches the notes away, totally nonchalant of Chanyeol going red as Kris dares him to say it again and demands an apology at the same time—which is not even structurally sensible.

“What are these colors?” Bomi squeaks.

Namjoo stands beside her. “What are these?” (Referring to the handwriting.)

“Yixing – the color of that one particular vase at Baekhyun’s grandmother’s house. Chorong– leopard print. Jongin–“

“Why is he included?”

“—the color of fried chicken when you dip it into the chilli sauce.”

“See, even Bomi can read that.” Kris screeches right after he releases Chanyeol.

Chanyeol huffs, before he says breathlessly, “That’s because she is a first grader.” And then his head is seized again. This time by Bomi but more violently, because she also pinches and pulls his sideburn.

Kris snatches back the paper from Namjoo. “How about you?” He asks.

“I don’t know.” She crosses her arms under her chest. “I mean, what’s the point? No one picks the same color.”

Kris shrugs. “That’s the point. To show Junmyeon how pointless this is. But do me a favour and pick a color. I just want this stupid survey to be done.”

“Fine. White.”

Kris sighs.

 

 

Naeun lifts the new shirt and frowns at it. And then she frowns down to her own shirt. “This is basically the same shirt!”

Kris sighs louder.

 


 

a/n

*sighs even louder*

this is also to show you how pointless this fic is getting.

btw, what's your fav color?

mine are the colors of Hydrangeas flowers, also the pink and purple-hued colors of sunset. :D