Tao. Please.

The Wacky Cafe

 

“Seventeen…” Naeun counts lazily everytime there’s ‘kckk’ sound. It is two on the afternoon. By this time, there are barely any customer as it's already office hour.

Kckk.

“Eighteen..” She sighs and flips another page of her book. Green is not your best color, is the book title.

Talking about green.

“Stop counting! I need to concentrate here!!” Tao howls from the other side, stomping on his feet. But stopping as his locks fall of his forehead. Panic, he brushes it, separating the locks 0.05 inches apart.

A ting on the door and the customer is greeted by Bomi. Naeun waits patiently for her signal to make a drink. Bomi jots down the order with a full smile on her face and in seconds she shouts, “One venti macchiato.”

Naeun drops her book and starts to work on the drink.

Kckk.

“Nineteen.”

“No, just one.” Bomi corrects happily before turning back to her cash machine - not even sparing a second – or seven seconds considering it’s Bomi – to think that one and nineteen sound nothing alike, and... who would order nineteen drinks at once?

Naeun has no plans of explaining because that will mean talking.

She’s lazy to count too – but she wants to make a point.

Kckk.

“Twenty.”

“Stop counting!” 

“Then God help me, do humankind a service and stop with the selfie!”

 

♦♦

 

“What’s wrong with selfie though? Naeun thinks she’s too cool.” Tao complains to Sehun and Hayoung as the two are bustling around the counter.

Sehun is organizing the flavors for his shift that is going to start in five minutes. Hayoung is putting on her apron.

“Hashtag team Naeun.” Sehun replies lazily.

“You’re siding on her? Yah-“

“Dude, you took thirty in ten minutes. Dafug?”

“Hashtag team Sehun.” Hayoung adds before skipping to the kitchen, knowing Tao will cursed on her.

Tao glares at the youngest before turning back to Sehun. “You count too?”

“Everyone did. In Kris hyung record, it’s 47 in 15 minutes. How on earth…” Sehun mutters before replacing his rolling eyes with an eye smile when a customer is making her way to the counter.

“How is that surprising? I mean, I’m handsome,” Somewhere, Namjoo is choking on her bubbletea, “I’m popular,” Kris trips at the parking lot, “Athletic,” Baekhyun falls down from his chair in the bus, “I’m all around a perfect guy..” And Kyungsoo clenches on his knife suddenly feeling the urge to slit someone’s neck and he doesn’t know why, “So, of course I have to- Eh, Sehun, are you okay??”

 


 

a/n : what even...

thanks for reading.. xx.