Donut

The Wacky Cafe

“Matcha Latte!” Tao shouts over his shoulder, scribbling furiously on the paper cup before passing it to the customer. He manages an eyesmile at the girl before letting out a sigh of relief.

Right then, Eunji waltzes in to the counter, balancing a tray of freshly baked brownies in her hand. Sliding the display rack window open to put the tray in, she asks, “What’s with that sigh?”

Tao blows out his cheeks, “Does no one talk to Junmyeon hyung about a raise? It’s crazy in here.”

Eunji peeks up from bending, eyeing every corner of the café and then to Tao, “You mean three to five customers is crazy? Pfft. Such a whiner.”

Tao is about to say something when Chorong, who slouches in the counter, outtalks him, “And three to five customers do not afford you a raise. Keep working.” She beats a little rhythm on the counter before stopping at the display rack, salivating over the brownies.

“Keep working.” Tao retaliates with the tail of his lips curve downward, mockingly imitating Chorong's baby voice when he saw her launching her aegyo face at Eunji with her pointy finger shooting up.

The supervisor glares at the boy before stomping to the kitchen.

And routinely, seconds later they hear a manly groan from the kitchen, “STOP STEALING THE DONUTS, YOU TWO!”

Bomi comes out rushing to Eunji’s back, at the same time, frantically stuffing that one donut she managed to steal into .

Kyungsoo appeares with a spatula on his right hand, “Give me back the donut!”

Putting the last bit into , Bomi raises both of her hands, “#&@$$*” (Translation : “I ate it! Oh no what to do now?”)

“You-“ Kyungsoo clenches the spatula and Junmyeon storms out from his small office room.

“What happened? What happened here?”

“She and Chorong noona stole my donuts again!”

By that time, Bomi manages to swallow even in the middle of crisis. Brushing her tummy, she grins, “That was delicious, Kyungsoo.”

“Oh really?” Like a switch, Kyungsoo’s grimace turns to a beam in a split second. Junmyeon still looks pale. Eunji already stop caring so she casually picks a brownies from the rack and offer half of it to Tao.

“Yes! And it’s fluffy and squishy like you.”

Kyungsoo beams even brighter, deaf to Tao chanting ‘fake, fake, fake’ at the background. “Want to try the one I already put the topping on? I made a new topping, it’s chocolate kimchi. Come on.”

Eunji desperately searching for a plastic bag for her to barf in, but Bomi doesn’t discriminate any kind of food so she skips happily following Kyungsoo to the kitchen.

Junmyeon holds his chest, consoling his nervous-for-nothing moment (which happens all the time). “I thought he’s going to kill her.” Breathing right again, he smiles. “But good thing that they- wait, HEY, STOP EATING THE DONUTS!”

 

♦♦♦

 

Walking back from serving a cake to a customer, Hayoung makes her way to the counter. Right then, Kris grumpily walks out from Junmyeon’s room.

“Okay, who did it this time?” He asks out of nowhere and Hayoung halts in her tracks.

Hayoung blinks, sharing a quick glance of confusion with Sehun who is counting coins at his counter. “Did what?”

“Made Junmyeon nervous. We’re supposed to talk about stocks and he kept cracking funny stories about Jongin when he was a baby.” Kris complaines, making a strong eye rolls on the word funny.

Jongin is at the kitchen in the middle of stuffing himself with the leftover of broken cookies. Hearing his name being mention, he peeks out, “What did I do?”

“You ate poops thinking it was chocolate.”

Sehun laughs. “Wow. Yum.” But then he frowns as he stares at coins in his hands. ", what's the last number?"

Hayoung only bites her lips because the alternative is to laugh and Kris, also especially Jongin would not appreciate it.

“Hyung! I’m eating right now!” Jongin grumbles, regretting his last bite of cookies.

“Why? That was your own poops.”

“That’s not the point! Oh god, I seriously need to talk to that hyung.” Stomping his feet to Junmyeon’s room, he is then stopped mid-tracks by Kris.

“Please don’t tickle his anxiety even more. Yixing and Minseok are still inside, I can hear their heart crying from here. Be kind.”

“But..”

“Go back to your work.” Kris orders, shooing Jongin back to the kitchen.

“But I’m not working here.”

Kris blinks, and Jongin blinks back. “Whatever, just go away out of my face.”

Scowling, Jongin walks back to the kitchen, still frustrated but there’s foods, so of course his attention shifts.

Turning back to the other two, Kris clears his throat, “Who did it?”

“Donut did.” Sehun replies. Then his eyes look up to the ceiling, lips murmuring numbers and he groans as he realizes he’s losing his counts again.

“What did donut do this time?”

“Nah..Kyungsoo oppa was creating a new topping, Bomi unnie was supposed to judge it but ended up finishing a tray.” Hayoung explains as she mindlessly pressing the straw dispenser until it unloads about ten and some rolling down to the floor. She quickly picks them before the germs five seconds rule time is up.

“Ah..same old same old. Junmyeon should stop freaking out over nothing.” Kris sighs as he walks to the display racks, counting the donuts.

“But it’s a tray of donuts. In productivity perspective, Bomi really should be fired by now.” Luhan pops out from the kitchen and hands a pen to Sehun. Sehun stops counting, staring blankly at Luhan but takes the pen anyway. “She still owes me a movie ticket, so I can’t fire her.”

“You are in no position to fire anyone anyway.” Kris says bluntly as he counts the customer this time. He’s bored alright and he needs to do something that makes him look busy.

Luhan is about to retort when Sehun pokes him with the of the pen. “Why are you giving me this?”

“Just because. Thanks kid.” Luhan takes the pen back and marching back to the kitchen, looking so busy when everyone knows he’s just bluffing. (That pen is just a prop by the way.)

Dumbfounded, Sehun slowly resuming his business only to curse for losing the counts again so he has to restart.

There’s a silence except for Junmyeon’s lonely laugh can be heard faintly through the door, customers chitchatting and a chomping sound.

Something just doesn’t sounds right here, Hayoung thinks before her eyes are directed at Kris.

“Oppa! Stop eating the donut!”

 

♦♦

 

“So, how was it?” Kyungsoo asks expectantly.

“It’s technically gross if you think about it, but it turns out great.” Kris says, the chocolate stains from his thumb afterwards.

“I don’t think it’s gross, but it’s great, amazing and so soft..” Bomi adds and as she expected, she gets a cake pop from Kyungsoo.

Kris who didn’t realized Bomi was standing at his back, turning to the girl, “Why are you here? I thought you’re done with your shift?”

“I can’t get over Kyungsoo’s perfect donut.” She grins and at the sink, Sehun is mumbling lie, lie, lie to the utensils he’s cleaning. “What’s your next topping?” She asks Kyungsoo, permanently wearing her delighted grin before popping the cake pop into .

Flattered, Kyungsoo’s nostrils flare as he announces his next topping.

“Chocolate Poops inspired by Jongin!”

 

 


 

a/n *judging myself so hard*

I hope this would give you the whole idea about this fic. The subject is nothing significant.

Also, next chapters would be short (<1k). 

Thanks for reading. ^^