Chapter 7: The Second Hand of Time

Royal Bloodlust

 

“I’m Eun Hee. Sun Eun Hee. Pleased to meet you!” she said with a smile as she looked at the guy who was busy reading by the window sill. He gave her a questioning look and went back to what he was reading. She walked away and went to Jung Su’s group. He observed her as she walked away. “There! I’m done with my dare! I need to go to my chamber now, Jung Su-ssi, Min Seo-ssi, I have lots of books to read!” she said and smiled. “Okay! But do join us next time, Eun Hee-ssi, arasseo?” Jung Su said. “Arasseo. Bye!” she said as she waved goodbye and went out the library. “Who was that?” Hee Chul asked Jung Su. “Oh? You don’t know her? She just introduced herself to you. Sun Eun Hee. One of the Higher Council. Daughter of Duke Sun and Lady St. Claire and she’s new here.” He said. “Ah… makes sense.” Hee Chul said and he placed the book on top of the table. “Hee Chul?” Jung Su called as he was going out. “Yeah?” he asked. “Do you want to join us?” he asked and gave him a smile. “No. I don’t have time.” He said and went out.

“Yes, well, I should see them immediately. Thank you, Your Majesty.” Eun Hee said and bowed to Rin Jae as she went away. “Err… excuse me?” Hee Chul said and Eun Hee turned around. “Oh? It’s you! Hello!” she greeted him with a smile. He smiled back but he looked like a dork. She tried not to laugh. “I’m sorry if I ignored you earlier. Uhh… I’m Hee Chul. Kim Hee Chul, by the way.” He said and held out his hand. They shook hands and she smiled again. “Why have you come all the way here?” he asked. “Me? You know me?” she asked him as she closed the door of her chambers. “Well, Jung Su told me you were from England.” He said. “Ahh… because my parents are dead.” She said plainly. “Oh. I’m sorry.” He said. “It’s okay. They were killed by wolves. And England’s full of wolves so I decided to go to my mom’s country.” She explained. “Ahh… Werewolves?” he asked. “Yes. And I was lucky enough not to be killed even I was an inch from death.” She said. “I see… so… where are you heading now?” he asked. “Oh, me? Actually, I don’t know. But I must meet the Oracles and the Time Travelers.” She told him. “Wait. You handle time?” he asked her. “Well, I handle the past. I can control it and do what I want with it. And you might ask for sure why I didn’t change the events when my parents died… that’s because I respect the law of time and if ever I changed what happened, we wouldn’t be talking here right now isn’t?” she said and gave him a smile. “You’ve got a point. Well, let me accompany you to the Oracle Chamber.” He said. “Thank you, Hee Chul-ssi.” She said and they went to the Oracle Chambers.

 

 

 

“Eun Hee-ssi?” Hee Chul spoke. “Nae?” she asked. “I want to tell you something.” He said. “Eh? What is it?” she asked as she looked at him thoughtfully. “Well… please don’t be offended… err…” he said as he scratched his head. “What is it? Please do tell.” She said this time with a look of concern. They were reading under the huge Cherry Blossom Tree and it was a very fine spring day. “Well… I… er… how would I say it... aigoo… I… I love you! Please don’t make me repeat it again.” He said and buried his face under the book. Eun Hee tried not to laugh. “That doesn’t sound offending.” She said and smiled. “Thank you for saying that.” She continued. “Aigoo… well… I love you because… well… I’m in love and we’ve been very good friends and I just felt like saying this to you.” He said.

“You’re so brave to admit that to me, Hee Chul-ssi and well, you’re lucky that I feel the same way. You’re a man of few words but you’re very thoughtful in every way. And it was just last week when I realized that I was falling for you.” She said and smiled. He hugged her. “You’re the most important person to me now, Eun Hee and I swear no one will harm you as long as I’m here. I’ll protect you.” He said. And she hugged him back.

 

It was after 2 years, when they were engaged and Hee Chul was very happy having Eun Hee beside her forever. “Our wedding will be the most beautiful wedding ever!” he told her. “I just want a simple one. With everyone gathered to see me walking down to you. But sadly… I wish my parents were here so that they could see their only daughter with the man that she truly loves.” She said and gave a weak smile. “Don’t worry, love. For sure, they’re happy for us. Wherever they are right now.” He said as he kissed her forehead.

 

 

 

“HEE CHUL-SSI!” he was awoken by Jung Su who was panting and sweating. He was looking worried. “What’s the matter Jung Su?” he asked looking irritated. “Eun Hee… Eun Hee-ssi! Come quick!” he said and without any further hesitation, he ran with Jung Su to Eun Hee’s chambers.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” it was Eun Hee crying and screaming in pain. “EUN HEE!” he said as he went to her. “Please kill me now!!! PLEASE!!! I can’t take it anymore!!!!!” she was shouting and crying and tossing her sheets. “What’s happening?!!?” he asked the doctor with a panic-stricken face. “She… she had the bite. And it was too late.” The doctor told Hee Chul. “What?! What bite?!” he asked as Eun Hee was crying and wincing like she was being tortured. “Didn’t she tell you that she was bitten by a werewolf? Now the poison’s going through her body and there’s nothing that we could do to stop it. It’s too late.” The doctor told him. “WHAT?! NO! THIS CAN’T BE! SHE CAN’T DIE! DO SOMETHING PLEASE!!!” Hee Chul shouted. But the doctor just looked down and asked everyone to leave Hee Chul and Eun Hee…

“Hee Chul… I’m so sorry… I’m very sorry for not telling you… I don’t want you to be sad…” Eun Hee said as she was still crying. “Are you crazy?! Why didn’t you tell me, Eun Hee?! WHY?!” he said as tears began to fall from his eyes. “Hee Chul… I love you so much… I’ll love you forever. And that’s what I promise you. We’ll see each other soon… I’ll patiently wait for you on the other side, my love…” she said as she caresses his face. “Please don’t leave me… I’d rather die without you… please…” he said holding her hand. “I want you to be happy, Hee Chul… love again and live on… you’re the most important living proof that I existed. My love lives within you and it will be there forever… please be happy with someone else… and don’t cry… don’t be sad…” she said. “Eun Hee… Eun Hee-ssi… my love… please… please don’t leave me… please…” he said sobbing hard. “Yeongwonhi Saranghae, Hee Chul… Saranghae…” she said and with the final teardrop, she closed her eyes and smiled. “Eun Hee?! Eun Hee! Eun Hee! Eun Hee, wake up! Please! Eun Hee! Don’t leave me! EUN HEE!!!!!”

And that night, it rained as a Cheery Blossom flower falls down from the tree…

 

 

 

Hee Chul, carrying Eun Hee’s body went to the Oracle’s Chamber to the room where a big hand of a clock is located. It is called The Second Hand of Time. She laid Eun Hee’s body in front of the huge hand of the clock and knelt.

“This is the only person who has been so much important to me. She’s been my world and I couldn’t live without her. I’d rather die to bring her back to life again but this I shall try. I beg the second hand of time to bring her back to life… that’s my sole wish…” Hee Chul said aloud and cried. Just then, a bright light began covering Eun Hee and with a blink of an eye, her body was gone and what was left was her necklace which she was always wearing. Hee Chul picked it up and went out the room. He was still crying…

 

 

 

“Could Hunjae be the answer to what I did centuries ago? Eun Hee, I missed you. Terribly. Please give me a sign that it’s you.” Hee Chul said looking at Eun Hee’s necklace and that same moment, the necklace gave a sparkle. Hee Chul smiled.