Chapter 2: Unveiling the Past

Royal Bloodlust

 

It was a fine spring day when young Prince Lee HyukJae entered the grounds of his new school in Seoul. It was a new environment for him because he will be mingling with humans. He was excited for what awaits him. Of course, in return, everyone in the school was excited for his arrival too. In the palace, as he was preparing to go to school, Rin Jae talked to him. “Today is your first day.” She said as she sipped her morning coffee. “Hell yeah! Think I’m gonna have fun today?” he asked, fixing his necktie. “Huh. Just because you’re the crowned prince it doesn’t mean you’ll get the respect of everyone.” She told him coolly. “You’re always against me, sis! Aigoo…” he said. After eating breakfast, he quickly went out to the palace gates and rode the Royal Convoy. The school ground of Prince Lee HyukJae was surrounded by all sorts of humans both young and old alike. They were all excited to see the crowned prince. He smirked inside the car and as he stepped out of the car, he heard the screams of the girls and saw the amazement on the boy’s faces but someone caught his attention… it was Lee Joo Young who was busy listening to her walkman as she was entering the school not even minding to stop and adore HyukJae. A lot of undercover vampires were always around the prince. But he got tired of keeping them company. One day, he saw Joo Young and decided to follow her. Joo Young knew that HyukJae was following her secretly. “What’s wrong with you?!” she began to say aloud as she stops in front of a pavilion. Young HyukJae went out and smiled at her. “Oh. The crowned prince is now my stalker?” Joo Young asked. “I’m not a stalker. I’m just interested in you.” he said confidently. Joo Young was taken aback.  “What you’re doing makes you a stalker.” She said. “Really now? And how is that?” he asked her again. “You’re weird. Why are you interested in me?” Joo Young asked him. “Because I’m not like you. I’m different.” HyukJae said as he approached her. Joo Young stepped back. “What are you gonna do?” she asked him. She was afraid. HyukJae held her hand. “You’re warm.” He said. “GOD!” Joo Young exclaimed as she broke free from HyukJae’s grasp.  “You’re… You’re dead…” Joo Young said and she was stepping back. “I’m not dead. Here’s the deal, if you find out tomorrow who I really am, I’ll stop following you.” HyukJae said. Joo Young was about to protest but with a blink of an eye, he was gone. Joo Young quickly went to the library. If her instincts are correct, then, the crowned prince is a vampire.

 

“WHAT THE HECK??!!??!!!” Rin Jae exclaimed as HyukJae told her what happened to him that day. “ARE YOU NUTS, LEE HYUKJAE??!!!???!!!” she him again. “What’s wrong with that, Unnie-ssi? I’m just having fun.”

“Your definition of fun makes our coven in danger or even worst, extinction. You’re the crowned prince. Please act your age. You just can’t let our coven in danger. What if the King finds out?! You’ll be in grave trouble HyukJae. And I’m beginning to grow tired of covering up for all your mischief.” Rin Jae told him as she sat down. HyukJae approached her and he hugged his Unnie-ssi. “I’m sorry, Unnie-ssi… you’re my saving grace. My life here would be boring without you…” HyukJae said thoughtfully. Rin Jae smiled. “Be careful next time. You’ll be a King one day and you’ll know the true meaning of being here in the palace. Being born that way. You’ll have a son and you’ll realize that you won’t want him to be like you when he becomes the crowned prince.” Rin Jae told him. “I understand, Unnie-ssi.” HyukJae said.

 

But the days and months passed by, Joo Young knowing HyukJae’s secret didn’t dare approached him but her time was out. HyukJae went to her room one evening. “Oh my--!!!” but she broke. HyukJae covered . “Please be quiet.” HyukJae told her. “What are you?! How did you???” Joo Young was nervous. She was sure her windows were locked. “I’m sorry for intruding. I know that you know what I really am. I’m here for one thing.” HyukJae told her. “Please… don’t do anything bad to me or my family…” she told him. “No. I’m here to propose to you. MARRY ME.” HyukJae told her. Joo Young was shocked. What the heck is she supposed to do? A vampire prince is proposing to her. “I—HyukJae… we’re too young. And you’re the--” but she broke. HyukJae kissed her. And she kissed him back. But they broke apart because Joo Young’s Eomma knocked on her door. The moment she opened the door, HyukJae was gone. “Is there someone here, dear?” her Eomma asked her. “No one, Eomma. I’m talking to myself. Practicing for our play…” she said. “Well, sleep early. You don’t want to be late tomorrow.” Her Eomma told her and she closed the door. Joo Young lay down on her bed thinking of that kiss. It was her first and it was a very extraordinary one because she kissed a vampire. Her thoughts were running wild. She never thought that vampires still exist. She thought that they were just in books and stories but this revelation knocked her out. And because of that kiss, she can’t sleep well. Still thinking about the moment HyukJae’s lips touched hers. Her heart was beating fast. She was in love.

 

Back in the palace, HyukJae was also awake. Yes, he sleeps but from time to time. “I want to be with her…” he said. He closed his eyes but a voice startled him. “Crowned Prince HyukJae, the King wishes to see you in the throne room.” His assistant told him. He began to get nervous. He went to the throne room where his father, mother and sister were there. He saw Rin Jae. She had bruises on her face. She was beaten. “You’ve done a grave mistake, HyukJae.” His father told him.

“Please leave us.” He told all the servants. HyukJae’s blood was boiling. His father had beaten Rin Jae again just to get information about him. “And so?” he asked his father. “You laid a hand on my Unnie again. You’re evil! You won’t hurt her again! Try to lay hands on my Unnie and you’ll pay!!!” he was angry at his father. “You don’t want me beating Rin Jae? Then follow my rules. You’ll get married with Eunja next week.” His father proclaimed. “FINE.” He said. And he went out the throne room. The news about him getting married spread like wild fire. Joo Young obviously became sad. “I’m sorry… my father was beating my sister…” HyukJae said as tears fell down from his eyes. “I understand… you love your sister. It’s a good thing. Besides. I’m a human. We’re not meant to be, honestly.” She told him. “I want to be with you. Only you, Joo Young…” he said and he hugged her tight. She didn’t care if HyukJae was ice cold. She just wanted that moment to last.

 

“You sacrificed your happiness for me…” Rin Jae told him. She was crying. “Don’t cry, Unnie-ssi. I have something good in stored for father.” He said and he smirked. “What are you up to?” Rin Jae asked him. “A cross-breed of species.” He said and he went out her room. A cross-breeding of specie means that HyukJae wants a child from Joo Young and that child will become a half-human and half-vampire which could mean that the child could be more powerful than vampires.

 

 

It was a cold night. It’s been 5 months after HyukJae’s wedding. He still hasn’t slept with Eunja and he had a secret relationship with Joo Young. “Tomorrow, I’ll be the king.” He said as he caressed Joo Young’s face. They were lying under the stars in the palace gardens. “Then I shall be loyal to my King.” She said teasingly. He kissed her. “I love you so much.” He said. “I love you too… hmm…” Joo Young said. “Why?” HyukJae asked. “I feel sorry for Eunja. You’re evil.” She told him. “Hahah! You’re too kind. Eunja’s my queen. And someday I’ll have a son from her.” He said. Joo Young frowned. “What?” he asked. “Nothing. Hmm… I need to go home. It’s 2 am.” She told him. “You’re upset again. I won’t let you go. You’re home’s here beside me.” He told her jokingly. “I have classes later.” Joo Young told him. “Argh… okay… fine.” He told her. Ever night HyukJae and Joo Young has secret meetings in the palace gardens. Their relationship stayed secret for almost 2 years. “I pity Eunja, HyukJae.” Rin Jae told him. “Joo Young tells me the same.” He told her. “You’re still on a relationship with Joo Young?!” she was shocked. “What do you think? I’d easily give up my true love?” he told her.

“You should let go of Joo Young. This is wrong HyukJae. You’re beginning your mischief again.” She told him. “I’m the King now, Unnie-ssi. And I’ll do whatever I want.” He told her. That day was Joo Young and HyukJae’s 2 years and 5 months. And it was Joo Young’s graduation from senior high school.  HyukJae prepared a party for her and a night that she won’t ever forget.

 

>>END OF CHAPTER 2

 

^^c@sschul

 

>>Thanks for reading! For your comments, suggestions, requests and violent reactions, please feel free to leave a comment! Thank you!!! ^^