Chapter 6: A Day with Vampires

Royal Bloodlust

 

Prince Hae woke up the next morning with a smile and went to fix himself. He was feeling good. After dressing up, he went to the dinning hall where his mother was quietly sitting and drinking her morning tea. “Good Morning, Eomma-ssi.” He greeted with a smile. “Hmm… my son seemed to have a very good night sleep.” Eunja replied. “Well… sort of. Haha. What’s for breakfast? Where’s Appa?” he asked. “Your Appa’s out with the Oracles. He’s checking on some matters.” She answered. “Where’s Aunt Rin Jae?” he asked again. “She’s with your Appa. As always.” She replied and smiled. “Yah, Eomma-ssi, are you really fine with Joo Young-ssi living here?” Dong Hae asked her with a worried look on his face. “Well, yes. It’s okay. I don’t mind because she’s your Appa’s first love and I respect your Appa very much.” She explained. “You respect him or you love him?” he asked again as he ate his morning waffles. “I choose both, my son.” She said and smiled.

 

 

 

“Yah, Jae Nin! How many times do I have to tell you? You don’t change things that are about to happen. Arasseo?” Hee Chul scolded Jae Nin again. “You’re being grumpy again, Hee Chul. Just mind your own business.” She said and went away. “Aigoo… kids.” Hee Chul sighed. “Oh! Hee Chul-ssi! I almost forgot! There’s someone I want you to meet!” it was Jung Su. “Eh? Who?” he asked. “You’ll find her very very interesting…” he said and smiled. Jung Su led him to the Time Travelers’ Chamber and found her sitting beside the window, reading. Hee Chul was shocked. “Is that… Eun Hee?!” he asked and ran towards the girl who was reading and gave her a hug. “Yah?! Who are you?!!!” Hyunjae asked. “What? Eun Hee, it’s me, Hee Chul! Your fiancé!” he said. “What?! Eun Hee? Fiancé?! What are you talking about?!” Hyunjae asked. “You… You’re not Eun Hee?” he said and let go. “NO! Who are you talking about? I’m  Lee Hyunjae.” She said hotly. “I… I’m sorry to scare you. You look very much like my fiancé who died.” Hee Chul said and looked away. “Anyway, I’m…”, “Kim Hee Chul of the Higher Council. I know.” She said. And she continued reading. Hee Chul went to Jung Su. “Are you kidding me? She really exactly looks like Eun Hee!” he said. “I know right? That’s why I want you to meet her. She’s just new here. The moment I saw her I also thought I was seeing Eun Hee but we all saw how she died isn’t?” Jung Su said. “Yeah…” Hee Chul replied weakly.

 

 

 

“Gyo Eul-ssi?” it was Jong Woon. “Yes?” she said and smiled. “Are you busy right now?” he asked her. “Well, not much. I’m working on the schedule of King HyukJae.” She said. “Need help?” he asked and smiled. “I’m fine. Just sing for me, Jong Woon-ssi. Please? Would that be alright?” she asked him sweetly. “Sure.” He said and began to sing~[insert romantic song here. ^^]

 

 

 

“Dong Hae, I want you to be ready for your schooling. You’ll study in a school for humans and you must behave and act properly.” King HyukJae told his son. “Don’t worry, Your Majesty. I will.” He said.

“I’ll ask Jung Su to go with you to the school building today so you could see the school.” He said. “Sure. Not a problem.” Prince Dong Hae answered. “I put my faith in you.” King HyukJae said. “I understand, Your Majesty.” Dong Hae answered.

 

 

 

“Ya-Na-ssi?” Min Rin knocked at Ya-Na’s door. “Come in.” she said. Ya-Na’s one of the most feared council members for her powers are bringing inanimate objects to life. She loves using dolls. “Haha. Playing with your dolls again?” Min Rin asked. “Let’s go out and look for new and beautiful ones!” She continued. “Eh? Are we allowed?” she asked her. “Of course we are. Besides, we’re council members. Come on!” she told Ya-Na. “O-okay… I’ll just fix myself  okay?” Ya-Na said and Min Rin smiled.

 

 

 

“Ji Eun! Let’s go out!” Sung Min teased Ji Eun. “Go out with yourself, playboy!” Ji Eun shouted. “Ooohh…. Playboy eh?” Ryeowook teased. “Yah! I’m not a playboy! Whoever told you I was one?!” he complained. Ji Eun walked to them. “I saw you with 5 humans yesterday and you’re telling me you’re NOT a playboy? Huh. Well, yeah, you seem right, you’re not just a playboy, you’re also a liar!” she shouted at Sung Min. Ryeowook tried not to laugh out loud. “Yah, they weren’t humans… I can explain!” he pleaded. “Not humans? What do you think I am? Not a vampire so I couldn’t smell their scent? I don’t need your explanations. You’re crazy. Tch.” And she walked away. “That’s alright, bro, you’ll get her some other time.” Ryeowook said and chuckled. “ARGH!!!!!” Sung Min exclaimed as he kicked the well kept palace grounds.

 

 

 

“What’s wrong with me, Han Geng?” Jae Nin asked hima as they were strolling along the palace gardens. “What’s wrong with you? Wae? Is there anything wrong?” he asked her. “Well, Hee Chul-nim always scolds me for playing with time. But I’m not playing! I’m just practicing my powers so that I could control them better.” She said and sighed. “Err… well… you know Hee Chul. He gets cranky at times especially when time is the element being played. He has a lot of bad memoirs about the past that’s why he’s like that. Just bear with him and don’t let him see you practice.” Han Geng said and smiled. Jae Nin smiled at him too. “We’ll be on the same school right?” Jae Nin asked. “Yes. All of us. We’ll be in Gyeongbok Exclusive School for… well, Vampires. But without the Prince.” He said and looked at the sky. “Mwo?! Without Prince Hae?! But why?” Jae Nin asked. “Because he’s the Prince of Korea and of course, he needs to interact with humans. Or else, everyone else will suspect.” He explained. “Oh… right. It’s been like how many years since he was studying with us.” Jae Nin said looking sad. “But… we’re not allowed to go to the school for humans?” she asked. “We are if we choose to and if we’re of age. As for you, you still need like 5 more years to go to the school for humans.” He replied. “Well, that’s fast. 5 years? I could wait.” She said. “Why? You like the Prince?” he asked. “Nope. He’s just like a big brother to me. And he treats me well.” She said and smiled. “Besides, I want to know how humans live.” She continued.

 

 

“Ahh… just like Gyo Eul-ssi and Jong Woon. I can still remember when Gyo Eul saw a 8 year old child die in the hospital for humans when King Lee brought her there… she was bewildered. And since then, she was interested in the mystery of death that’s why she loves to be in the company of humans. As well as Jong Woon. Since he’s in charge for the day to day affairs of the King’s people, he was very much exposed to humans. At first, he couldn’t take it because you see, Jong Woon is a very reserved type of vampire. Before, whenever he smells Joo Young-ssi’s scent, he’d go mad and wild but since Gyo Eul came well, she had the chance to cure how Jong Woon feels. Making them another great team just like Gyo Eul’s dongsaeng, Kyu Hyun.” He said. They’ve reached the Water Pavillon where they sat as Jae Nin listens to what Han Geng was telling her. “As for Kyu Hyun and Cahekyu, well, I can’t imagine another killing pair greater than them. They’re just as what they refer to vampires before, merciless.” He said. “Yeah. But they’re idolized by almost all of the assassins.” She said. “Yes. Because they show no emotion whenever they kill. If you asked them to kill a baby, an old man, a dying person, they’d kill without hesitation. That’s how they are. So, usually, they’re in charge of the complicated killings and the other assassins are for back up or front liners.” He explained. “Ahhh… they’re scary!!!” she said and laughed. “But they’re very friendly to everyone. Kyu Hyun for instance, loves to play pranks and often assists Prince Hae whenever they’re out for a hunt. And Chaekyu’s more like Unnie to younger assassins, she shares what she knows but she’s a very reserved type too. All I know is she only opens up to Kyu Hyun and Kyu Hyun does the same to her.” He said. “Kyaaa~ I sense some love!” Jae Nin said and giggled. “Love eh? If you want a tragic love story, Hee Chul’s the right person to be the example.” He said and chuckled. “Mwo?! Hee Chul-nim?! But he looks so… well… out of love.” She said with a curious look. “Well, Hee Chul’s full of love before a terrible fate happened to him. Do you remember Eun Hee-ssi?” he asked. “Ah! Eun Hee-ssi, yes. Everyone else in the palace says that the new comer, Hyunjae-ssi is her reincarnation.” She said in reply. “And that’s what I believe too. You see, upon examining Hyunjae, she has all Eun Hee’s powers but she doesn’t have Eun Hee’s memories. Tha’t why it’s been very complicated.” He said. “Aww… I feel sad for Hee Chul-nim.” She said and sighed. “Well, from how I see things, Hee Chul won’t be lonely for long.” Han Geng said and smiled.