Flashback #3

Is it okay to love you?

After we left the club, Yongguk and I walked down the street with awkward silence.

So… your name’s Himchan, huh?

Yeah.

“I don’t know why but I think I’ve seen you somewhere before and your name sounds familiar too.

Oh! I was thinking the same thing.

Where are you from?

I told him the name of my neighborhood and asked his. When he told me I said “Really. My aunt and her family lives in that neighborhood too so, I frequent that area a lot. They have a son. You might know him. He’s pretty popular for his dancing skills.

Is it Moon Jongup?

Yeah. You know him?

Of course he’s very famous in our area and we often play basketball together too.” He paused for a sec before asking me “By any chance were you hit by a basketball while you were there?

Then it hit me he’s that y handsome guy from that time who accidently hit me with the ball while I was checking him out. OH MY GOD!!! I don’t know if I should be happy that he remembered me or sad that he remembered the most embarrassing moment of my life. I was totally freaking out inside but I pretended to be calm.

Yeah, were you there too?

Actually I was the one who hit you. Sorry once again it was not on purpose, it was purely accidental.

Oh so you are that guy. No wonder you looked familiar. And it’s okay I know you didn’t do it in purpose and it was partly my fault too.

Wah… such coincidence. I heard we go to the same college too as well the same department. What classes are you in?

Umm… Instrumental music, Music Theory, Traditional Music and… Applied Music.” I answered.

That means we have two classes together. Music Theory and Applied Music.

Really? Then how come I never saw you in class?

Well… I haven’t started attending Music theory class and the classes for Applied Music haven’t started yet, maybe that’s why.

But it’s already been 5 days since other classes started and you haven’t even started attending classes

I’ll be present from next week

I don’t know why but when I heard that I felt happy. Maybe because I’ll have someone familiar now in my class.

 

As we continue talking about this and that we reached the bus stop.

Will you be taking bus too?

No, I’ll hit the subway.

Okay then this is it, I guess.”

I guess. Well… see you on Monday then

See you on Monday.

Bye. Goodnight.

Goodnight.

 

Like that we parted our ways. He left for the subway station and I waited for my bus.

 

That was the 2nd time I met Bang Yongguk.

 


 

--Few days later—

--Still Himchan’s POV—

 

Jieun Noona was staying with us since her parents went to Japan again. But we are quite used to it and it feels empty when Jieun Noona leaves our home.

All she can talk is about her ‘oh-so-perfect’ boyfriend who we haven’t met yet. His name was Jepp or something. What kind of name is that? Apparently he’s an underground rapper, tall, nice body and soooo handsome, according to Jieun Noona. We asked her to introduce him to us but somehow something always happen whenever we make a plan to meet him. Like last time Jieun noona said she’ll bring him to the café I was working part time, but I had a chronic stomach pain out of a sudden and had to visit the hospital. One time before that she asked Hana noona and me to meet her and her boyfriend at the pizza corner but before I could go there, Dae and Jae dragged me to Busan (Dae’s hometown) suddenly and said we’ll be spending the weekend and so I couldn’t meet him that time as well.

So when we heard a car in front of our house Hana noona and I decided to look through the window sneakily. We saw them get out of the car. I couldn’t see his face yet. Then they talked for a while before they kissed, we were giggling when we saw that. When they broke the kiss, I could finally see his face. He looked so familiar. Wait, is that Yongguk?! I felt my stomach clench and my heart hurt, it was so painful.

After that night, I couldn’t face Yongguk anymore. I tried my best to avoid him at all cost. I went late to class and leave as soon as it gets over and also avoided having lunch at the cafeteria with others ‘cause I know he’ll be there too. I gave excuses for not having lunch with them, like I had something to discuss with the Traditional Music instructor or that I had some assignments to complete.

One day after the Traditional Music class got over, I bumped into someone outside the class “sorry” I said and looked up to see the person I was avoiding all these time. “Yongguk! What are you doing here?” I asked.

Himchan did I do something wrong to you?” he asked.

No I wasn’t paying attention at where I was going. Sorry.

I didn’t mean that.” He replied. I just looked at him confused. “I mean… why are you avoiding me these days? Did I do something wrong?

N-No, you didn’t do anything wrong and you are not the only one I am avoiding. I am staying away from everyone for a while. There’s a lot of things going on in my head and I just needed sometime on my own to clear it all.

You know if you need help with whatever that’s going on, you can count on me. Okay.

What if you are the thing that’s going on in my head, would you still help?

Sure. Thanks Yongguk.”

So shall we go and grab a bite. I am going to die of hunger now.

Yeah let’s go

 

After that I tried my best to be normal around Yongguk again.

 


 

--Two months later—

 

I was alone at home my parents went for some work related gathering and Hana noona went out with her friends. I was just watching some variety show when I heard the front door open. I turned around and saw Jieun noona standing there, her eyes all red and swollen and her body shaking. I was shocked at her state. I ran towards her and asked her “Noona what’s wrong? Did something bad happen?” she hugged me tight and replied “I-I broke up with him.” She broke down. I could feel my t-shirt get wet from her tears. I walked her towards the couch and made her sit on it while I sat beside her and hugged her, I patted her back slowly calming her down. “I love him so much… I know I am going to regret it b-but I-I couldn’t take it anymore.” She wept more. “I’ll be leaving for Japan tomorrow. I need to get away from everything. I need to clear my head too.

She left for Japan the next morning. Yongguk didn’t attend classes the next week. I guess they really loved each other a lot. I don’t know why she broke up with him when she loves him a lot. Whatever the reason maybe I hope Jieun Noona is okay.

 

 

 

--end of flashbacks—