Flashback #1

Is it okay to love you?

One and a half year ago~

“Chan-ah, wake up. It’s already 8. Just because you are having winter vacations, doesn’t mean you can sleep all day long. So get that lazy out of the bed now. Get up!” my sister, Hana nagged trying to wake me up.

“Just 5 more minutes, noona” I replied with eyes still closed in my sleepy state.

“You know omma and appa are leaving for Jeju-do this morning for their business trip, right? So, you better get up fast!” she said while pulling off the blanket from me, its December and its freezing.

“Okay, fine I’m awake now.” I groaned and got up.

“Good. Wash up quickly and come downstairs. Omma has finished preparing breakfast and she wants all of us to eat together before they leave. Okay?” she asked

“Kay” I muttered.

--Five minutes later--

I walked downstairs. Omma, appa and noona were already on the table.

“Good morning omma, appa” I greeted.

“Good morning, chan-ah” appa greeted back.

“Good morning, adeul. Did you sleep well?” omma replied as she passed the bowl of rice to me.

“Ne, omma.” I answered while taking it.

“Jalmogaeseupnida” all of us said at the same time and started eating.

“Omma, appa. What time are you leaving?” I asked.

“We’ll leave at 10:30.” omma replied.

“Omma, appa while you are gone can I stay at Hyosung’s place. Please~” noona requested.

“Hana, what about your brother? And what about Hyosung’s parents? Will they be okay with you staying at their home for two weeks?” omma asked.

“Yeah, her parents are okay with it and I’ve already promised Hyosung that I’ll stay with her. Jebal omma? Appa?” noona begged.

“Okay fine but what about channie? We can’t just leave him alone here.” omma replied.

“Chan-ah, would you stay over Jongup’s house? I’m sure your aunt will like it too. You know she has always been very fond of you.” omma added after a while.

“Yeah, sure. It’s been so long since I met them and I miss hanging out with Jonguppie too.” I smiled and replied.

“So, I guess it’s settled then.” omma said.

"Thank you so much, omma" noona beamed.

“Both of you should pack your bags then. We’ll drop you on the way to airport.” appa spoke after we are done with breakfast.

“Arasso” we replied.

 

Moon Jongup is my cousin. I’m older than him by almost two years. And I haven’t met him since I started my high school. We used to hangout all the time when we were kids. His mother, my aunt, is my father’s younger sister. She has always been fond of me and she’s my favorite aunt too. Whenever my parents go out for their business trip, she always takes care of noona and me.

 

--half an hr later—

“Kids, you ready?” omma shouted at us. “Let’s start or we are going to miss our flight.”

“We are ready, omma.” noona replied as we walked downstairs with our bags.

“Let’s get going.” appa said.

We walked out the door and got in the car. And then appa started driving.

After a while we reached noona’s friend, Hyosung’s house. She was waiting outside her house. Noona got down from the car and they started squealing and screaming and talking none stop as soon as they met. Then omma interrupted “Hana-yah, we’ll be leaving then. Take care and listen to Mr. and Mrs. Jeon. Behave properly, don’t cause them trouble and call us, okay?”

“Ne, arasso omma. Have a safe trip omma appa. Saranghae.” noona replied.

“Uri do saranghae, uri tal. Now go inside before you freeze.” omma answered.

“Have a safe trip, Mr. and Mrs. Kim.” Hyosung said.

“Thank you, Hyosung. Please take care of our Hana and thank your parents for letting Hana stay.” Omma said.

“Okay, Mrs. Kim.” She replied.

And we started moving again. Few minutes later we reached my aunt’s place. She was waiting outside with Jongup. I got down from the car. My aunt hugged me and cheered “Himchannie, I wanted to see you so much. Wow, you have grown taller too and became much prettier.”

“Oppa, unnie would you like to come inside for a while.” she added to omma and appa.

“Aniyo, Gwaenchanh-a. We are going to be late. Thank you for always taking care of channie while we are gone.”

“It’s my pleasure unnie. I like taking care of channie and Jonguppie is also very excited to spend time with channie.”

“We should get going, we are going to be late.”

“Ah, okay channie, listen to your aunt, have fun and take care of yourself and don’t forget to call us.”

“Okay, Omma appa. Have a safe flight. Saranghae.”

“Saranghae uri aduel. Now go inside.”

 

After my parents left we went inside. My aunt told me that I’ll be sharing room with Jonguppie.

That evening-

“Chan hyung, let’s go play basketball.” Jongup suggested.

“Yeah. Sure Jonguppie.” I agreed.

Then we walked to the basketball court near Jongup’s house. Some guys were already playing there. I looked at them while walking towards the court. Among those guys, there was one particular person who caught my eyes. He was tall, slim, handsome, and the way he was running around, dribbling, passing, shooting the ball made him more attractive. I was so enchanted by his charm. I couldn’t take my eyes off him.

“Watch out, hyung!” I heard Jonguppie calling out at me and before I could register what was happening, I felt something hard hitting my forehead. I was taken aback and it hurts.

“Are you alright hyung?” Jonguppie asked. “Y-yeah I’m fine.” I stammered while looking down. It’s so embarrassing to get hit by a ball on the face while checking out a guy.

“Sorry about that. Are you hurt?” someone with deep voice asked.

I looked up to find the guy who I was checking out few moments ago in front of me. “I-it’s okay. I wasn’t looking were I was going. And I am not hurt.” I stuttered and I felt my face burning up, I was probably as red as a tomato. “Hey, are you angry? I’m really sorry, I didn’t mean to hit you with the ball.”

“No, no. I’m not angry at all. It’s alright. Really.”

“I haven’t seen you around before. Are you new here?” he asked again.

“Yongguk hyung, he’s my cousin Himchan. He’s staying with us for two weeks.” Jongup replied for me. So, his name is Yongguk.

“Okay, then Himchan, it was nice meeting you. See you around. Bye Jongup, I should get going.” He said and started walking away.

“Bye Yongguk hyung.” Jongup answered back. He waved back and then he ran away.

That was the first time I met Bang Yongguk.

 


Author's note:

this is the story about how himchan met yongguk for the first time. Himchan was still in high school 2nd yr.

i made hana as himchan's sister and jongup as himchan's cousin.

if there's anything you didn't understand, feel free to let me know.

once again thank you for subscribing and reading my story~ ♡

korean terms used:

Noona : older sister

Jebal : please

Arasso : Okay (got it)

Saranghae : i love you

uri : our

tal : daughter

gwaenchanh-a : its okay

aniyo : no