Don't forget your place (Jimin)

I Need U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week or so had passed since Jimin was attacked by Hyuk and his followers. As usual his Halmeoni had called the school to let them know and they did the usual routine. They interviewed Jimin, asking him what happened. Then they called up Hyuk and the other boys and interviewed them. In the end, Hyuk and his friends would be let off the hook and Jimin would be terrorized some more for "snitching". 

"Snitches get stitches." Hyuk used american slang. Jimin's body automatically cringed, afraid. Classes had ended for the day and once again Jimin found himself with Hyuk. Before Hyuk could say more, or hurt him, Jimin shoved him hard and ran. He ran out the school doors and straight into the arms of his Halmeoni. His lungs and thighs were burning from the unwanted exercise. 

Quickly they got into the car and drove off. But not before he saw a very angry Hyuk standing in the school door.

                                                                             ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as they got home Jimin fled to his room. He tossed his bag to the side and colasped into bed. The entirety of the day hit him hard. He felt like he had aged several years. Why can't they just leave me alone?!! 

Sighing, he got up and started changing out of his uniform. Without his shirt on he looked at himself in the mirror. Pale purple and greenish bruises decorated his abdomin, his bruises were fading and discoloring. He yanked on a plain white tee and walked to the kitchen for food. 

In the kitchen he found his grandmother cooking already. Her sleeves were rolled up and she was cutting up some galbi. Instantly, his mouth watered. He walked to the fridge and pulled out some orange juice, his eyes still on his grandmother. 

"Park Jimin, why do you keep looking at me?" She cast a quick glance back at him.

"Because you're so pretty."

"You're lucky I'm cooking or else I would kick you." They both shared a smile. She continued cooking while Jimin the radio. Some hip hop song blasted on the tiny speakers. He started popping. 

"Aishh thats such an ugly dance." 

"Come on Halmeoni!! You know you like it." His popping got even harder. His grandmother simply shook her head. Although she didn't like the dance, it was the only time she had seen him the happiest. Her little grandson was a dancer and she knew it since the day he could walk. He always had this air and grace to his walk, like he was listening to a song that no one else could hear. He had taken lessons when he was younger, but stopped when those boys started teasing him. 

"Jimin, sit down your food is ready." She sounded harsh but the smile on her face said she was only kidding. They sat at the counter with a plate of meat in between them. Small side dishes of kimchi, pickled radishes and lotus roots, bean sprouts, tofu,lettuce leaves and some dukkboki, circled around the galbi. Now Jimin's mouth was practically a waterfall. 

"Eat." His grandmother didn't need to repeat it twice. 

                                                                                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun shone its angry rays right into Jimin's closed eyes. Another morning and another day in hell. After dressing and eating, his halmeoni drove him to school. As usual she kissed his forehead and wished him bravery. She silently watched him go into the school and prayed he would be able to stand up for himself today. 

Jimin kept his eyes glued to the ground as he walked through the hall way. People snickered and whispered as he walked by. Occasionally he would glance up, he was hoping to avoid Hyuk today. He quickly shuffled into class and sat down in his seat, the taunting started up pretty quickly today but he just ignored it. The meat he had eaten yesterday seemed to strengthen him, instead of gazing at his shoes like he usually would, he cast his eyes around the room.

He was intensely staring at each student until Hyuk walked in. His sudden confidence shook a little but held itself. Hyuk slauntered over to Jimin and slamed his palm againt the desk. 

"We didn't get to finish talking yesterday." He had a wicked grin pasted on his face.

"I don't want to listen to what you have to say." The entire class gasped. Jimin silently cursed his tongue. Hyuk's eyes widened but instead of punching Jimin, he laughed. He laughed and laughed, wiping the tears from his eyes. 

"What's with the sudden bravery, Park? I'm glad you finally found your tongue." He taunted but he had two pink spots on his cheeks. He was embarassed at losing face to Jimin. Jimin gulped immediately sensing  that he would later regret his words.

"Think you're so tough now how? Alright how's this," Hyuk paused for a dramatic effect, "Meet me in the park today, afterschool and show me how tough you are." His eyes were blazing. He knew he  had regained his power and repared his almost damaged reputation. 

Jimin's mind was spiraling. 

"Fine see you afterschool then." At this point the entire class was paralyHzed, even Hyuk looked shocked. Hyuk was clearly angry, his hands were balled up and shaking.

WHAT AM I DOING?!?! I CAN'T FIGHT HIM!!!??? Jimin's brain shouted wildly while his body calmly got ready for class. I'M SO STUPID, I'M GOING TO DIE!! He shut his eyes for a moment, trying to calm his beating heart when he heard the chair beside him scratch the floor.

His eyes flew open to see Raemi sliding into the seat, careful avoiding any contact between them. 

"You're so stupid." Raemi kept her eyes down as she pulled out her supplies. Jimin just ignored her.

"You're an idiot to think you could fight against Hyuk alone." She went on acting completely normal.

"You think I didn't know that!!" His sudden outburst made Raemi jump, "I know I'm not smart, I'm ugly, I'm fat, I'm short I KNOW THAT!! BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO REMIND ME EVERYDAY, THE MIRROR ALREADY DOES

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter