What will Dad say? (V)

I Need U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinah stirred the pot of spicy rice cakes as they simmered down. Peels of laughter were echoing out of the living room, where Mina was watching SpongeBob. Their father was staying late at work and wouldn't be home until deep into the night. He claims "work", but Jinah knew he would be drinking and in the arms of a hostess.

"Jinah, are they finished yet?" Mina bounced into the kitchen, her pajama wrinkled and baggy.

"Almost done, give it 3 minutes ok?" She patted her sister's hair.

Suddenly there was a knocking on the door. Jinah wasn't expecting anyone, so she slowly crept to the window beside the door. Peeking out of the corner she saw it was only Seon and she was holding a package.

"Hey Seon, you scared me." SHe opened the  door inviting her friend in.

"JINAH, here" She handed her the package. "It's from Taehyung, he was going to give it to you today but you didn't show up to class today."

Jinah hadn't gone to school cause Mina had gotten sick.The two of them had been home alone all day. It had been a week since Taehyung first showed up at the school and it was clear that he was interested in Jinah.

"No I can't take that." She pushed the package back into her friend's hands.

"Jinah come on give him a chance! He's so adorable!"

"Then you take him!"

"He's not interested in me. He's such a nice kid why don't you like him?" Seon set the package down on the kitchen table.

"I didn't say I didn't like him, I just don't want to risk it with my dad." Jinah mumbled back.

Truth be told she really liked Taehyung. He was funny, talkative and caring but if her dad found out she would be dead or worse...he would hurt Mina somehow. Taehyung's big puppy eyes flashed at her in her mind's eye, slightly softening her.

"Okay fine." Jinah walked over to the package and untied the bow on top. The box was solid white with a red bow, no indication of what was inside. Slowly she lifted the top off and saw inside was a beautiful midnight blue dress and a white fur dress coat, along with a note.

"Oh my god!!" Seon backed up. Jinah's eyes widened and she brought her hands up to cover . Taehyung is insane!

Jinah picked up the note and felt like crying.

Jinah,

I was hoping to give this to you in person and ask you in person, but you didn't come to school.

Please attend the Winter Formal with me.

"He's asking me out." She showed the note to Seon, who gasped even louder. Jinah reached into the box and unfolded the dress. The dress was such a deep blue that it shimmered purple, a white lacy corset cinched at her waist to match her sleeves. The entire backside of the dress was covered in white lace. Under the dress was another box, much smaller and flatter. Gently placing the dress on the table she opened the smaller box and found inside jewelry.

There was a white lace choker with icy blue crystals dangling off the edges and a large deep blue stone at the base of . Beside that was a pair of earrings of the same icy blue as the crystals on the choker. Instead of being solid crystals like the necklace, these were carved into snowflake shapes. Above it all was a small tiarra, it almost looked as the tiarra was made of snowflakes, only with a icy blue snowflake in the middle.

Jinah was on the verge of collasping, this was too much. Seon guided her friend to a seat before she fell over.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter