Blue Fingerprints (V)

I Need U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"JINAHHH!!!" The scream echoed up the stairs and Jinah immediately knew what it meant.

Dashing down the stairs, Jinah ran straight into the kitchen and found her little sister, Mina, cowering under the breakfast table. Their father was standing over the table with a leather belt tight in his grip. He whipped the table, frightening Mina and knocking over her breakfast plate. Shattered pieces of glass and remnants of  her breakfast sprinkled the floor.

"Appa, Please stop!" Jinah ran foward and grabbed his arm, trying to wretch the belt away. 

"How many times have I told you," He flung his arm, sending her flying into the refrigerator, "not to get involved?" 

Jinah felt his fingers wrap around lifting her onto her tip toes. Desperately, she scratched and pulled at his hand but it wouldn't move. Staring her dead in the eyes, he pushed harder cutting off any air that had been forcing it's way in. Appa!! Her eyes pleaded. The smell of alcohol permeated off his clothes.

"Unni!! No!" Mina shot out from under the table and pounded her tiny fists on her father's leg. With his other hand he backhanded MIna, sending her flying into the kitchen table. 

In one swift motion, he dropped Jinah and stomped out the kitchen, leaving behind the destruction. Jinah took large gulps of air and delicately felt around her bruised neck. Little Mina had stood up and walked over to her older sister, her right cheek blazed red with a handprint. Tears threatened to fall from her lovely brown eyes when she fell into her sister's arms. 

"It's okay, we're okay." Jinah gently rubbed her sister's head. 

Suddenly, the sound of heavy steps started approaching the kitchen. Quickly, Mina and Jinah scrambled to their feet and tried to run to the door when their father was upon them again. 

"Here," He roughly shoved a scarf and some makeup into Jinah's hands, "Go to school." He slurred and stumbled away from the two shaking girls. 

Slipping on their shoes and taking their backpacks, Jinah took Mina's hand a led her out the door in a dead run. Not until they were halfway to Mina's elementary did Jinah stop to put on the concealer. As she applied the concealer onto the handprint on Mina's cheek, Mina slowly tied the scarf around her sister's neck, making sure it covered the slightly blue fingerprints. 

Taking Mina's hand again, Jinah lead her little sister to Daewon Elementary. Giving her a kiss before leaving, Jinah bent down and whispered in her sister's ear, "Remember don't say anything to anyone." 

Nodding soary.com

lmenly, Mina walked into her school. She's too young for this. Jinah couldn't help but watch her sister walking into her school. Mina is only 10 years old, she shouldn't have to worry about making her father upset. Jinah walked to school alone, playing with the edge of the scarf.

Pulling headphones out of her uniform pocket, Jinah listened to Exo's Baby Don't Cry, fighting back tears. Ever since their mother had passed away during Mina's birth, their father had placed the blame on Mina. 

"Hey! HEY!!" A hand shot out and grabbed Jinah's uniform jacket before she had walked into the street. 

Jinah gasped when she saw a car zoom in front of her. I almost died, Who would've taken care of Mina? Eyes wide, Jinah turned to thank the person who had yanked her back. Again she gasped.He was tall, about 5'10, with black hair that hung over his eyes. He wore the same ugly plaid uniform as she did. He gazed at her seemingly mad, chest heaving.

"Thank you." Jinah looked at the ground and gave him a slight bow. 

"I ran after you, but I guess you couldn't hear." He pointed at his name tag and backpack that were abandoned on the floor. 

"I'm sorry," Jinah bowed again this time picking up his backpack and name tag, "You go to Daewon High? I've never seen you before." She handed back his things.

"Yeah I'm a new student, my name is Taehyung." 

"I'm Jinah."

"Nice meeting you, but we need to go we're late." 

Oh ! If I'm late who knows what my father will do!! 

"I gotta go!!!" Jinah ran off leaving Taehyung staring at her disappearing figure.

                                                                                     ***************************************************

"Ms. Woo?" The homeroom teacher looked up from the attendance sheet. 

No reponse.

"Ms. Woo?" She looked around the room, only to get back blank stares. Oh well, late call home.

The room of the door flew open and Jinah collasped on the floor waving her right hand erractically. 

"I'm...here....." Jinah took big whooping breaths.

"You're late, Ms.Woo." 

"No I'm not! I heard you call my name from down the hall! Didn't you hear me yell?" She stumbled over her words.

"Unless you have a legitimate reason,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter