Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Chapter 5

 

“Come here! You are my wife so you must do what I say!” An evil looking young man growled, rubbing his hands together as he approached Tiffany.

 

“No. Please, let me go? Let me go.” Tiffany mumbled, tossing and turning in her bed.

 

“Let go of me! I don't love you!” Yunho screamed, as a young woman slowly tied his hands to a chair, “If you don’t love me then why did you marry me?”

 

“I was forced to so let me go!” Yunho continued to screamed.

 

Suddenly, Tiffany and Yunho woke up from their nightmares.

 

Getting out of bed, Yunho went into the bathroom to wash his small, oval-shaped face which was sweaty and damp.

 

While for Tiffany, she was glad that it was just a nightmare but suddenly, she started crying again, once she realized that her problem is for reals and not just a bad dream.

 

By seven-fifty, Yunho was already in his office, working. Even though he try to worked on the stack of paperwork on his desk, it was to no avail for he couldn't concentrate. Giving up, he drop his pen and swung his chair around to view the river below. The serenity of the river somehow made him relaxed a little. Just when he was about to turned back and continued working, he spotted a young girl sitting on a rock, near the bank of the river, gazing straight into the water. Too bad he couldn't see her face because her back was facing him. Not knowing why but that scene was so lovely and charming to Yunho. Suddenly, he wanted to know why that girl is at the river so early in the morning and wished he can help solve all her problems or share the burden with her, getting the urged to go and protect her.

 

Gazing out at the river, Tiffany remembered what Miran had said to her the day after she fought with her parents.

 

*Flashback*

 

“Tiffany, you know with dad’s condition he can’t be upset. Besides, you haven’t even met this guy. Maybe he isn’t really that bad.” Miran said, as she patted Tiffany's back.

 

“But I want to marry the man I love!” Tiffany protests.

 

“Tiffany, sometimes, fate and destiny can’t be avoided. Look at Donggun Oppa and I. We fell in love before we got married but marriage life hasn’t always been easy for us. We still have our problems. Sometimes, I wonder if I made the right choice in marrying Donggun Oppa. He isn’t responsible and mature even after eight kids. So you see, it’s all fate. Maybe you will learn to love each other one day. One thing is for sure, life is very unpredictable. Just because you don’t go according to the route of dating then marriage doesn’t mean you won’t find happiness. Give this a chance. Meet him first and then decide.”

 

*End of Flashback*

 

All these words echoed in Tiffany's mind as she watched the river flowed with the current, although the river doesn't know where the current will take it.

 

Hearing the phone ringing, Yunho turned around to pick up his iphone 6.

 

“Jonghyun, I’m already at the office. No, I don’t have the file. Okay, I will see you in the meeting in a little bit." Hanging up the phone, Yunho turned back around to looked at the girl but she was already gone.

 

After spending thirteen minutes at the river, Tiffany felt much better and at peace. She quickly tied her hair back into place and walked back to her office, ready to start working.

 

Leaning on the glass window, Yunho looked out into the land that surrounded the hotel. Without the help of Mr. Hwang, where will his family be right now? He did promises to marry the girl when he was five so she probably isn’t too bad, right? He didn’t want to dishonor his family by going against his words and not keeping his promises. He cursed himself for being so stupid and getting himself in this situation! After careful consideration, he picked up the phone.

 

“Hello dad, it’s me, Yunho.”