Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Chapter 34: Epilogue

 

As the evening sun shine softly on the newly built hotel red ocean on the coast of Tokyo, a three year old boy was seen splashing the sea water as he ran through it playfully. From a close distance, his parents watched their innocent but mischievous son. Yunho and Tiffany were sitting on a blanket that they had laid out on the beach behind the hotel. Tiffany rested her head on her husband’s shoulder with contentment as Yunho gently held Tiffany protectively with his arm with a huge grin on his face.

 

"I love you." Yunho said, gently kissing Tiffany's forehead.

 

"I love you, too." Tiffany said, smiling warmly.

 

"I’m sorry we had to wait so long for our honeymoon."

 

"No, it’s perfect." Tiffany said, gazing at their son, "Do you think we would have had a good honeymoon if we went right after our wedding?" She added, chuckling.

 

"We would have probably kill each other before we came back." Yunho said, laughing.

 

"I feel so blessed to be here right now with you and our son. I wouldn’t trade this for anything in the whole world. Do you remember that night at the banquet? I remember how shocked everyone at the hotel was when they found out about us."

 

"Oh Yunho Oppa, I don’t think I will ever forget that magical night."

 

*Flashback*

 

Tiffany was eight months pregnant when red ocean held its end of the year banquet for its employees and business partner. Rumors of Yunho and Tiffany had died down somewhat because they hadn't seen Tiffany after her quarrel with Yunho that day but lately, magazines was still going on with pictures of their general manger kneeling in public in front of Tiffany, so rumors had sparked once again. The staff had noticed that lately, their general manager has been very happy and in an extremely good mood. He often smiled to himself and was always cheerful when talking to the employees, not stern and serious as before. Many anxiously awaited the arrival of the banquet, curious as to see who Yunho would bring as his date.

 

The big banquet hall of red ocean was lavishly decorated with balloons and red and white flowers, celebrating the end of a great year and the holiday season. All employees and staff were elegantly dressed for the occasion as this is their most formal and anticipated event of the year.

 

Everyone was mingling and enjoying a good time when they spotted the entrance of their general manager, dressed in a chaps classic-fit black tuxedo, with his date for the evening. Everyone stopped what they were doing and had their eyes gazed at the elegant woman walking slowly by Yunho, with her arms gently wrapped around his. The stylish scoopneck, sleeveless blue textured fit and flare dress shaped her body perfectly, showing off her protruding round stomach.

 

Tiffany was really nervous about tonights event as she didn't know how the people at the hotel would react. Would they hate her for lying to them all this time? Especially her mentor and boss Victoria and all her co-workers?

 

"Oh my god. Is that Tiffany?" Kim Hyoyeon, one of the staff, said, shocked.

 

"They are back together like the magazine had said. Oh my goodness, look at her tummy. She is pregnant. I thought it was silly when I read the magazine but oh my god, it’s true." Krystal Jung, another staff, said, staring at Tiffany.

 

It was as if the whole room had stopped breathing and every little whispered could be heard. The attendees followed every movement of the couple, who were very well aware of the fact that they were the center of all this attention. Yunho, smiling courteously at everyone, could feel that Tiffany was getting tense as they stride to their table in the front of the room; the stares from the employees making her very nervous and awkward.

 

"It’s okay. Relax, you are Mrs. Jung Yunho. Remember that." Yunho whispered, gently squeezing Tiffany's hand, "It will be okay. Don’t worry." Tiffany said, smiling slightly as she took in a deep breath.

 

When they got to the table, they instantly sat down with other high officers, board of directors, including the elderly Jung's. They had explained everything to Mrs. Jung who was now very excited about her grandson, "Tiffany! You look absolutely pretty! How is my grandson? Has he kicked you yet?!" Mrs. Jung exclaimed.

 

"Hi mom." Tiffany said, managing a smile, "Just once in a while. He kicks me mostly when Yunho isn't nice to me." She added teasingly.

 

"Hey." Yunho said, making them all laughed in unison.

 

"You both are quite the celebrity tonight, I see." Mr. Jung said, amused by all the curiosity.

 

Just then, the MC for the night was heard on stage, marking the beginning of the party. After he said his welcoming, he asked for Yunho's presence on stage, "Please welcome our great general manager Jung Yunho for his end of the year reflection."

 

Hearing the loud applauses, Yunho stood up and walked confidently and proudly towards the stage with a huge smile on his face. Handing him the microphone, the MC step back.

 

"Wow, you all look wonderful tonight." Yunho said, looking out at the sea of people before him, "This event is held for you. Every single staff and employees of the hotel. Without you, we wouldn't have had such a successful year. Please give yourself a round of applauses for all your hard work and dedication." Yunho said, hearing the crowd applauses.

 

"I’m very honored to lead such an amazing group of people into what I hope will be another wonderful year. This year, we have successfully purchased the land in Tokyo, Japan and soon, another red ocean will grace the hotel industry along with the many successful projects that we planned for." Yunho said, "Oh, a more personal note, I know that there are many questions and rumors circulating around, regarding my personal life. As the general manager of one of the most prestigious hotel in asia, I will tell you that I have always upheld my integrity and always consider my status before I do anything. I will not compromise the future of red ocean because of my personal affair. This year has been a particularly rough year for me personally. I have had to deal with a lot of internal struggles as well as handled difficult business affair but this year has also been one of the best years of my life." Yunho continued, looking down at Tiffany affectionately, "Because of one very kind woman. She taught me what love is and that love is unselfish and undying. She is the most caring woman I know, also with the biggest heart. Trust me when I say she has the biggest heart because her forgiveness is what gave me the strength to be here in front of you all today. This woman is no stranger. She has worked here in the past and I’m sure you all know who I’m talking about. Yes, it's Tiffany Hwang. Actually, to be more correctly, it's Tiffany Jung." Yunho said, hearing the crowd gasps in surprises, "Actually, we have been married for over one year now. Because Tiffany didn't want people to treat her any differently than a regular worker, she didn't want to disclose our relationship. We had some misunderstanding because of our hidden relationship but I can assure you that everything had passed. I hope I have satisfied everyone’s curiosity and hopefully we can put this all in the past and looked forward to the new year."

 

They knew that Yunho was talking about Tiffany but they had no idea that they were married. They had been working with Mrs. Jung Yunho all this time? Wow, that was a shocker. All eyes were now on Tiffany who was blushing profusely.

 

"Over a year?"

 

"Oh my goodness, they hid it so well."

 

"Now, I really don’t have a chance."

 

"Aw, they are so perfect together."

 

"I hope I didn’t offend her before."

 

"In addition to that, I would also like to take this opportunity to ask Tiffany one question. We were married under a very special circumstance." Yunho said, holding onto the microphone before walking down the stage and towards Tiffany. Curious eyes followed his movement until he kneel down on one knee and took out a small object from his pocket and gently took Tiffany's hand in his own before continuing, "But today, I want to make everything right in front of all the people we know. Fany, will you marry me again? I want your answer to be based on our love that has blossomed over the years, not because of a prior arrangement. I love you so much. You are my soul mate, my heart and soul. Since we were married, we never really wore our wedding rings so now and today, I want to put this wedding ring on you once more but this time, I want the whole world to see it. No more taking it off and hiding it."

 

"Of course, I do. I love you, Oppa." Tiffany said, tears rolling down her cheeks at Yunho's surprised.

 

Yunho quickly grabbed Tiffany and swung her around gently.

 

"Yunho. Jung Yunho. Be careful or you will hurt the baby."

 

"Oh, one more thing, we are expecting our first baby. Tiffany is eight months pregnant now. I’m going to be a father." Yunho said proudly.

 

And with that, a loud applauses broke out in the banquet hall with cheers and laughter.

 

Many people came and congratulate the couple, including Tiffany's old colleagues. Yunho felt as if a heavy weight was just lifted from his shoulder. Now that it’s official, Tiffany will be his and forever.

 

All the staff members were happy to see Tiffany coming back to work after giving birth to their adorable son, Minki.

 

*End of Flashback*

 

"Oh Oppa, I never would have expected you would do all that in front of so many people. I didn’t know I married such a romantic man." Tiffany said, snuggling into Yunho's embrace.

 

"See how lucky you are and yet, you always give me trouble." Yunho said jokingly, "I’m the luckiest man on earth with such a amazing wife and wonderful son." Yunho added affectionately.

 

"A mischievous son is more like it. I think you spoil him too much."

 

"How can I not spoil the miracle that brought us together again? He's my savior. He’s a smart boy for coming at the right time."

 

"His timing wasn't right. It was his naughty father." Tiffany said, hitting Yunho in the chest playfully.

 

"How about his naughty father give him another baby brother or sister?" Yunho asked, before leaning down, kissing his wife on the lips who was still trying to hit him playfully.

 

"Mommy. Daddy." Minki said, running up to the couple, "You weren't watching me. I just jumped over this really big wave."

 

"Um...I'm sorry, sweetie." Tiffany said, embarassed.

 

"Minki, why don’t you do it again, and we will watch this time okay?"

 

Little Minki stood there with his brown, almond-shaped eyes and pouting heart-shaped lips, demanding his parent’s attention.

 

"Minnie, it was your daddy’s fault. You should go and bug him."

 

"Hey. It takes two to..."

 

Alarmed by Yunho's implication, Tiffany quickly interrupted by saying, "Oppa. Stop it. He’s just a little boy. Don’t teach him to be like you."

 

"Hey, what’s wrong with being like me? I got a super gorgeous wife and son. I want my son to be just like me when he grows up."

 

"You are so bad." Tiffany said, slapping Yunho on the shoulder.

 

Poor Minki, not having a clue what his parents were talking about, decided to take action into his own hands. He grabbed his parents hands and dragged them towards the water with him.

 

"Mommy, daddy, come into the water with me. You can see me jump the waves."

 

The happy couple voluntarily followed their son’s request, laughing and giggling as they were dragged from their comfortable sitting spot by their restless son to play in the water. Before Yunho knew it, Tiffany and Minki had splashed him almost wet from head to toe. Not willing to give up, Yunho started his revenge, causing his wife and son to run away from Yunho's water wrath, laughing and giggling.

 

The happy family was enjoying themselves so much that they didn’t know some other people approaching them until...

 

"Hey there. I think it’s illegal to have too much fun when you are an adult."

 

Hearing the familiar voice, Yunho turned around.

 

"Myungsoo, Boa. What are you guys doing here? Last time I checked, it’s not right for a rival to come to his enemies hotel." Yunho said teasingly.

 

"Hey man, it’s not my fault that Boa wants to take our daughter to the beach and you just happen to own the hotel that has the best beach in Tokyo." Myungsoo said laughing.

 

"Oh, would you boys stop that." Boa said, making them all laughed in unison. Minki, who was excited to see the one and a half year old Lina, ran up to the little toddler.

 

"Lina. Come on, want to go into the waater?"

 

Lina looked at Minki with curious big, dark brown, almond-shaped eyes, not sure if she should trust him or not, then showed Minki her little sweet smile.

 

"Minnie, I think you are too little to take Lina out there by yourself, sweetie. Here, why don’t we all sit right here and you can play with her? She can play with the water without being so far out. Is that okay?"

 

"Okay." Minki said, nodding and sat down close to the shore but close enough to touch some water when the waves roll in. Lina, sitting next to him, played happily in the sand.

 

"Want me to make you a castle?" Minki asked, making little Lina her sand castle. The adults watch in amusement as the two innocent kids play happily together, laughing and giggling.

 

"How did you manage to escape your busy schedule to go on a vacation?"

 

"Easy. I made Jonghyun take over." Yunho said, laughing "So, how’s business going?"

 

"We are on a vacation. No business allowed." Tiffany said, hitting Yunho lightly.

 

"Yes, ma'am." Yunho said, rubbing side.

 

"Hey Tiffany, I think Minki really likes Lina. They are so cute together."

 

Suddenly, an idea pop up into Yunho's head before he burst out saying, "Hey Minnie, how would you like Lina to be your wife?!"

 

Alarmed, Tiffany started hitting her husband once again, "Jung Yunho. What are you doing? We aren't dealing with this again."

 

Confused, all Minki did was looked at his parents where his mommy was hitting his daddy while Lina looked at her parents who was trying to stop the other couple.

 

Not understanding, Minki and Lina turned to looked at each other before finishing up the sand castle.