Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Chapter 21

 

"Yunho Oppa! Oppa!"

 

Hearing someone yelling out his name, Yunho turned around to see Boa running towards him. He had just finished a lunch meeting with a client nearby and was walking back to the hotel.

 

"Boa? What a surprises. I’m so sorry I didn’t hear you." Yunho apologized, smiling.

 

"It’s no problem." Boa said, trying to catch her breathe, "I just finished lunch with a friend and I saw you passed by, you know that restaurant around the corner? I called you but you didn’t hear."

 

"Come on, let’s go find a place to sit. You need to rests."

 

With that said, they went to a nearby park about a block away, talking like old buddies. Boa smiled sweetly and listened tentatively to every single words Yunho said. After thirteen minute of chatting, they parted ways. Boa was very open and direct, something that Yunho really likes in his friends.

 

"Tiffany, what do you think of this dress?" Miran asked, holding up a v-neckline, grapefruit color adrianna papell asymmetrical front drape dress.

 

"I don’t like the style too much. I think you will look better with something with a more flattering cut. How about this one?" Tiffany asked, holding up the jewel neckline, black donna morgan sleeveless embroidered organza fit and flare dress.

 

"Miran?" A women asked.

 

Turning around, Miran came face to face with her friend, "Mija. Oh my goodness, how are you doing?" Miran said, giving her friend a hug before they started chatting, leaving Tiffany all alone by herself who was feeling uncomfortable.

 

"Hey Unnie. I’m going to go over to the men’s section really quick." Tiffany said, and walked over to the men’s department. She didn’t have anything particular in mind but just wanted to browses around. Scanning the area, Tiffany finally stop in front of a glass case that was displaying men’s accessories. As she peered through the glass case, she saw many lapel pin, tie pin, watch, etc. After scanning through them, she caught sight on a metallic silver hook + albert key tie pin.

 

"May I help you, miss?" A sale associate came up to Tiffany and asked.

 

"Yes, can I look at that pin please?" Tiffany asked, smiling.

 

The lady slowly open the glass case, removed the pin and then handed it carefully over to Tiffany. Tiffany was examining the pin when another lady walked up to the associate.

 

"Hi. I was just here a few minutes ago but had to go take a phone call. I was looking at a pin." Boa said, looking down at the glass case, "Um...where is it?" Boa asked, not finding it anymore.

 

"I’m sorry miss, but this lady is looking at it right now." The sale associate said.

 

Turning sideways, Tiffany came face to face with Boa who seem very impatient and didn't seem to be happy with her.

 

"I will take it. Could you please wrap it nicely for me?" Tiffany said, looking at the sale associate.

 

Hearing what Tiffany said, Boa was shocked since she wanted to buy a gift for Yunho, something that he will remember her by. She had spent five hours in the mall already before deciding on getting the tie pin. It was something small that won’t make Yunho feel uneasy or scared him away but a little friendly gesture. What better way to make a man think about you than get him a gift that he will uses often. She had been looking at it when her phone rang. She told the lady that she would be back for it.

 

"I was looking at that earlier. I just stepped away for a few minutes and came back to pick it up." Boa said, stepping up.

 

"I’m sorry miss, but you haven’t paid for it yet so this lady here have every right to buy it."

 

"But I told you that I would be back! What kind of customer services is this?! Did I or did I not tell you that I would be back?! I want to see your manager!" Boa screamed angrily.

 

"Yes, but...um, our store policy, we can’t hold an item just because a customer says that they will be back to pay for it later. I’m sorry, miss." The sale associate said, bowing with tears swelling up in her eyes.

 

Seeing the interaction between them, Tiffany felt really bad for the sale associate who was being harassed by this infuriated woman.

 

She really like the pin and it suited Yunho so well, too.

 

"Um...is there another one? Or I can wait and order another one." Tiffany said.

 

"This is a special limited collection, miss. There are only eight of these and I’m afraid this is the very last one."

 

"Oh." Tiffany said sadly.

 

Thinking of something, Boa turned to looked at Tiffany, "I’m sorry. I have been looking at that pin for hours and it's supposed to be a gift for my boyfriend. It's our anniversary and I have spent so long finding the perfect gift for him. You are such a beautiful girl, I’m sure you have that special someone, right?" Boa lied, smiling sweetly, "You understand my dilemma, don’t you? I’m supposed to meet him in thirty minutes and I would hate to show up to our anniversary late and without a gift."

 

Tiffany genuinely feels bad for Boa. She seems very desperate and adamant about that pin. Little did Tiffany know, Boa was the type that wouldn't let anyone take away anything from her that she wants. She must have it by all means.

 

"It’s okay. You can have it." Tiffany said, smiling "Um...Happy anniversary."

 

With that, Tiffany slowly walked away, disappointed that she couldn’t get it for Yunho. Grinning widely, Boa was satisfied with her victory while the sale associate pity Tiffany because Tiffany was so kind. She could tell that she really wanted that pin and Boa didn't look at that pin for hours.

 

"Hey. Can you wrap it now? I don’t have a lot of time." Boa said impatiently.

 

Hearing his phone ringing beside him, Yunho picked it up without looking at the caller id to see who it was, "Hello?"

 

"Hey Oppa. Can you meet me for a little bit?" Boa asked excitedly.

 

Seeing that it was Boa, Yunho couldn't help but be surprised. He had just talked to her earlier that day and it was already late. Besides, he had to stay later to catch up with some unfinished work and wouldn’t it be wrong to meet another woman at night?

 

"I’m sorry Boa, but I have a lot of work to finish. Maybe another day." Yunho said, hoping she will understand, "Oh, that’s too bad but it’s okay. I actually just finished dinner with a client and is really close to your hotel. I will just come by and drop something off really quick okay."

 

Before Yunho could protests, Boa had hung up already.

 

'What could she want? Oh no, I hope people around the hotel won’t make a big deal out of this. Maybe it’s better if I go and meet her downstairs.' Yunho thought, and went down to the lobby and within five minutes, Boa came in, "Oppa." Boa said happily, running up to Yunho.

 

Looking around and afraid that gossip will ensue, he quickly grabbed Boa's arm gently and led her to a meeting room.

 

"Boa, I’m sorry but I’m really busy." Yunho said, once they were inside.

 

"Oh, I understand. I just wanted to drop this off." Boa said, handing Yunho a box, "I went shopping earlier and saw it and immediately thought about you. It’s just a friendly gift, think nothing of it. Please don’t misunderstand my intention okay? Since I don’t want to bother you, I will go. Bye."

 

Boa wanted to build a good foundation with Yunho so that he can trust her and confide in her without feeling pressured into a relationship. She believes the best way to get a man’s heart is to uses the appropriately strategy, not blindly pursue him and act needy and clingy. Yunho already seem to feel at ease with her and didn't mind that she is also Myungsoo's friend so now, the next step is to get a little closer. Before Yunho could say anything, Boa was already out the door. Looking down at the gift in his hand, sighing, Yunho placed the gift box in his black boss 'sharp' flat front wool pants pocket and walked back to his office.

 

Around midnight, Yunho came home exhausted from the long day's work. He saw that Tiffany had left food out for him on the dining table. He had told her earlier when they ran into each other that he would be home really late tonight. After he had his dinner, he quietly made his way to their bedroom and got ready for a shower. He almost forgot about Boa's gift when he felt something hard in his pocket. Taking the little box out, Yunho placed it on the dresser before heading to the shower.