Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Chapter 4

 

When Mr. Jung got home later that night, he mentioned his encounter with Mr. Hwang to Mrs. Jung. Mrs. Jung took the news with delight and excitement. She hadn't seen Mihee, one of her close friends, for such a long time. After hearing how beautiful and respectful Tiffany is, Mrs. Jung became more eager to meet her future daughter- in-law. Together, they tried to figured out to remind Yunho of his little bride for they know that Yunho hadn't been successful in the romance department and of his wariness towards women. They didn't forget about his playboy reputation either. They truly believe that these two kids are destined to be together but they know that Yunho will go against the idea after he hear about it.

 

Meanwhile, Yunho and Kim Jonghyun, his best friend, was at an upscale club downtown. Yunho was busy flirting with a very attractive young lady in a y white spaghetti strap backless floral print dress. Jonghyun, on the other hand, had his dark brown, almond-shaped eyes on a cute girl sitting on the opposite side of the room, towards the club entrance. She was very pretty and dressed very trendy but not trashy. Both their eyes met and the girl gave Jonghyun an embarrassed smile before looking down. She turned back around and started talking to her friend. Her friend looked very elegant but too bad Jonghyun couldn't see her face. The girls chatted and laugh like they were having a very enjoyable time. However, the girl that Jonghyun had his eyes on, kept stealing glances at him.

 

“Hey, Yunho! Check out those girls over there!” Jonghyun exclaimed.

 

Looking at Jonghyun, Yunho turned to where he was pointing. Indeed, the two girls looked very y from where he's at. Smiling, he and Jonghyun stood up and walk towards the unknown girls.

 

“Oh, my gosh. Fany, there are two gorgeous guys walking towards us right now.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Stop! Don’t turn around!” Taeyeon cried out, as Tiffany was just about to turn around to see who the guys was. Just as the guys were approaching, both Tiffany and Yunho's phone started ringing. Yunho picked up his phone and left to a more quiet area so he can talk better.

 

After hearing that her parents wanted to see her immediately, Tiffany stood up and told Taeyeon that she had to leave. Since they were sitting near the entrance, she left without seeing the two guys that were making their way towards her and Taeyeon.

 

When Yunho came back, he was disappointed to see that only one girl was left at the table. After some formal introductions, Jonghyun sat down to talk with Taeyeon while Yunho went back to talked with another girl at the bar since the one he was talking to before left.

 

“What?! I’m engaged to some guy?!” Tiffany exclaimed, shocked at all the information she just heard from her parents.

 

“Honey, we understand that this is difficult for you to take in at once but...”

 

“No. You don’t understand. I have never had a real relationship before. I just want to be a normal girl who goes on dates, fall in love and then get marry.” Tiffany interrupted her mom, with tears running down her cheeks. Suddenly, her dad started feeling dizzy and held onto his chest tightly. Seems like Mr. Hwang has a history of heart problems so after seeing this, Tiffany stopped arguing with her parents and tended to her dad’s needs, “Tiffany, I know this is hard for you but we are your parents and we only want what's best for you. Yunho is a very bright and successful young man. Besides, Mr. Jung is an honorable man so I know that his son will not be any less. We are businessmen and old friends; we valued our words and promises. It has been decided. I don’t want to discuss with you on this matter any longer.” With that said, Mr. Hwang got up from the couch and with Mrs. Hwang’s assistance, went up to their rooms.

 

Although Mr. Hwang loved his family very much, he is a very stern man when he wants to be. He rarely raised his voice at his family but when he spoke, there was an air of finality in his words.

 

Speechless and lost, Tiffany left her parents house and went to her sister’s place for comfort and advice.

 

As Yunho walked into his office after a meeting, he saw that his dad was waiting for him.

 

“Dad, what are you doing here?”

 

Although Mr. Jung had already retired, he was still the chairman of the board of directors who only came in when there are board meetings.

 

“Can’t a dad take his son out to lunch?” Mr. Jung asked.

 

“Sure, dad, but hold on. Let me organized this first.”

 

“You have been doing a great job with this hotel, son. I’m very proud of you. However, do you know that our family wouldn’t be here right now if it wasn’t for a very good friend of mine?”

 

'Oh, no. Here we go again. About how an old family friend helped us out and without them, we would be out on the streets story again.' Yunho thought, for he had heard this story many times while growing up but what he didn't expect is that his dad didn't tell him the whole story.

 

After Mr. Jung told Yunho the whole story and his recent meeting with Mr. Hwang, Yunho fell back onto the couch with disbelief.

 

“We are in the 21st century, dad. Please tell me you are joking?” Yunho said.

 

“We had asked you about it back then and you agreed. You even kissed the little girl to confirm it.”

 

“I was five years old! How can you take the words of a five year old to determine his happiness for the rest of his life?!” Yunho exclaimed, getting angry.

 

“I have already given them my words. You will marry Tiffany and I will personally see to it that this marriage takes place. It's time for you to settle down. Don’t think I don't know about your little games with the ladies? This has got to stop. Tiffany is a very sweet and upright girl. I have personally met her and I'm very pleased with the wonderful young lady she has become.”

 

In a gentler tone, Mr. Jung continued, “Son, I’m sure you will like her the second you see her.”

 

Obviously very upset by the news, Yunho stood up and said, “Dad, I need some fresh air. Can we discuss this later tonight? I’m sorry but I don’t think I can go out to lunch with you today.” And walked out of his office, leaving Mr. Jung standing there, worrying about what his son’s decision will be.