Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Our Unexpected Journey of Fate and Destiny

Chapter 29

 

For three months, Yunho had tried to contact Tiffany but as soon as she heard his voice, she would hang up immediately, not giving him any chance to speak since Tiffany didn't want to listen to Yunho's explanation. She wouldn’t even open the door for him when he comes to her parent’s house since she wanted to cut all contacts with him.

 

"Here." Miran said, handing Tiffany a cup of orange juice as she was still playing with her niece and nephew.

 

"Hey. Let auntie rest okay." Tiffany said, laughing "Besides, I’m tired. You both are so heavy. Stop it. Come on, get off auntie."

 

"Okay. That’s enough." Miran said, looking down at her kids sternly.

 

Looking up at their mommy, they slowly got off of Tiffany. They know better than to upset their mom. After getting off of Tiffany, they ran away.

 

"Phew, thanks." Tiffany said gratefully, as she started fixing her hair.

 

"No problem. You just have to tell them who the boss is."

 

"Well, apparently, they know who is the boss in this house." Tiffany said, laughing "I don’t know how you can control those two. They are such a handful."

 

"It comes with practice. You will see when you and Yunho." Miran started, but didn't finished her sentence when seeing that Tiffany had turned solemn.

 

"I’m sorry."

 

"Oh, there is nothing to be sorry about. It’s okay, really." Tiffany said, trying to brush off her emotion.

 

"Tippani. I know it’s not okay. Are you sure you are going through with this divorce? This isn't a matter to take lightly."

 

"I know, Miran. I have given it a lot of thought and I think it’s the best choice for both of us. Yunho Oppa can have his freedom back and lead the lifestyle he is accustom to and I...I can move on with my life." Tiffany said sadly, before she started to feel nauseous and ran towards the bathroom. After a few minutes, she walked out, wiping , "Tiffany. Are you ok?" Miran asked worriedly.

 

"Yeah. I think I just ate something bad. My stomach has been very weak lately." Tiffany said, sitting back down, "Um...Tiffany? What do you mean by weak stomach?" Miran asked, confused and curiously.

 

"Well, I throw up a lot and I don’t have the appetite for anything. I don’t know but it’s okay. I will watch what I eat and I will be fine." Tiffany said, smiling.

 

"Do you think you are...um, pregnant?" Miran asked suspiciously.

 

Tiffany never thought about that possibility before. This idea is so new to her that she didn’t know how to response, "Of course not. Um...It can’t be. I...No, it can’t be."

 

"Did you get your period?"

 

"I have always been so irregular. I don’t think I have had it...Oh my god, I haven’t had it for a while." Tiffany said, shocked.

 

"I think you better go to the doctor to get it checked out."

 

Just thinking about the possibility of her being pregnant, tears started to stream down Tiffany's cheeks.

 

"Please tell me it’s not true? Miran, please tell me this isn’t happening to me?" Tiffany said, sobbing.

 

Pulling Tiffany into a hug, Miran started caressing her back and hair gently, "Shhh. It’s going to be okay. I will go with you okay. It’s alright. Don’t cry now."

 

Tiffany was scared and confused. What would she do? How would Yunho react? Does she want to tell Yunho if it’s true? What would her baby be like? Her baby will be not be born into a happy family. All sort of wild thoughts ran through her head as she stay in the warmth and comfort arms of her older sister.

 

The next day, Tiffany was jittery all day. She was currently working for a small advertising firm but couldn't concentrate on her work that day. She had an appointment with a gynecologist/obstetrician today during her lunch break. Miran had just called her to say that she couldn’t go with Tiffany because of the kids was sick.

 

Yunho was at his office, looking out at the river where he had seen his wife so many times but hadn't realized it, 'Fany, where are you now? I know in my heart we are meant to be together, otherwise, why did I see you before our first meeting. I know that on that day, the girl that I saw was you. Fany, it’s fate and destiny that has brought us together. Please don’t throw it away?' Yunho thought sadly, before hearing someone knocking on his office door, "Mr. Jung, I’m sorry but I tried calling you but you didn’t pick up. Your dad is on the line. He says it’s urgent."

 

"Oh, I’m sorry. Put him through. Thanks." Yunho said, walking back to his desk to picked up the call.

 

"Hey dad. Did you need something?"

 

"Hi Yunho. I promise Mr. Lee I would stop by his shop and pick up your mom’s watch but I can’t go. He's closing early today before three pm and I need you to go get it for me."

 

"Dad, why is mom’s watch there?" Yunho asked confused.

 

"I accidentally dropped it yesterday and broke the face. It's your mom’s favorite watch so I called Mr. Lee for an emergency repair. I must have it back before your mom finds out."

 

"You are such a silly old man. I can’t believe my dad is so afraid of a woman." Yunho said, laughing "Okay, I will go get it during my lunch break."

 

"Great. Thanks, son. Bye."

 

Around noon, Yunho walked into a small watch shop. Mr. Lee was a close friend of the family.

 

"Yunho. How are you doing? Great to see you. Here to rescue your dad?" Mr. Lee said, laughing.

 

"Yes, I’m here to save him from mom’s wrath."

 

"Well, here it is. It’s as good as new. She will never notice."

 

"Thanks a lot." Yunho said, bowing and took the watch and was about to exit the shop when he saw Tiffany walking by. She seem nervous and didn't seem to be paying attention to where she was going when she bumped right into a lady who was walking from the opposite direction. Yunho hadn’t seen Tiffany in three months and now that he has, she had looked paler and skinner.

 

He quickly walked out of the store and followed his wife, hoping to get a chance to talk to her. Before he could catch up to her, she had entered a clinic, a women’s clinic. He looked up at the sign on the door where it listed the name of many doctors, most of them gynecologists. Suddenly, he felt uncomfortable standing in front of a women’s clinic but he really wanted to talk to Tiffany. She wouldn’t talk or see him in the past three months. He didn't even know what she has been doing or where she was working now. After in taking a deep breath, he pushed the door opened. To his dismay, he found himself standing in a long corridor with many rooms.

 

'Now, which one is it? How am I supposed to know which one to go to?' Yunho thought, confused.

 

Just then, a nurse walked by him.

 

"Excuse me, sir. Do you need help?"

 

"Um...Yes. I’m supposed to meet my wife here but I don’t know which room she is in."

 

"Well, if you would give me her name, I would gladly find out for you." The nurse said, smiling.

 

"It’s a...a Tiffany Jung or Tiffany Hwang." Yunho said nervously, "I don’t know which one she would uses."

 

"That’s no problem at all. Would you come with me so I can look up which doctor is taking care of your wife?" The nurse said, before walking to one of the nurses station with Yunho following from behind.

 

Once the nurse got to her station, she started to type down on her computer, "Here she is. Yes. Tiffany Hwang. She is getting a pregnancy test today by Dr. Kwon Yuri, down in room eighty-three, just down the hall."

 

'Pregnancy test? How can it be? We haven’t been together for over three months. It’s probably a mistake.' Yunho thought, confused.

 

Running his hand through his hair, he slowly walked towards room eighty-three. While walking towards the room, all he could think about was Tiffany and the possible pregnancy.

 

"May I help you, sir?" The receptionist asked.

 

"Um...I’m just waiting for my wife. I will just sit here." Yunho said, and took the seat in the corner of the waiting room, close to the door that led to the checkup room inside. He took the newspaper in front of him and covered himself with it so that Tiffany wouldn't see him. He knows that whatever happens, Tiffany wouldn't be happy to see him. He didn't want to upset her but just wanted to find out the truth. After about fifty minutes, Tiffany and a nurse walked out of the hallway and opened the door that was near Yunho. They were standing in the doorway with Yunho only a few stepped away but hidden in a corner behind his newspaper who can hear everything.

 

"Miss Hwang, now that you are three months pregnant, you have to be extra careful with everything you do. Here are the prenatal vitamins that you must take everyday. Now, is there any question you would like to ask me? Is your husband here to pick you up?"

 

At the mention of her husband, Tiffany wanted to burst into tears. She has been very emotional lately and now, the news of the pregnancy was just something that she was afraid she wouldn't be able to handle.

 

"Um...He’s busy." Tiffany lied, "I do have one question though. Um...What's the latest time that is still considered safe to have an abortion?"

 

"You are already three months pregnant. I don’t know if it's still considered safe but if that is something you are serious about, I guess you do it as soon as possible within the next few days. Otherwise, it will pose as a great risk for your own health." The nurse said, looking at Tiffany solemnly.

 

"Thank you." Tiffany said, bowing before walking out of the clinic like she was in a daze. When she thought her life couldn’t get any worst, it just did. Normally, she would be so ecstatic with the news but not when she is about to get a divorce.

 

'She’s three months pregnant? Abortion? Why did she want to know about that? No. She can’t do that. Maybe our baby is the miracle that will save our marriage.' Yunho thought.

 

After seeing that Tiffany was leaving, he immediately got up and followed Tiffany out of the clinic and finally to a nearby park where she sat down on one of the benches, looking at the little kids playing in the water fountain in front of her. Looking at them, she suddenly burst out crying, putting her face in her hands. Then with her maternal instinct, she slowly places one of her hands on her still flat tummy. From afar, Yunho could see his wife’s wet, teary stained face and felt a tug in his heart.

 

'Fany, I’m so sorry. I’m sorry for hurting you. I’m sorry for not trusting you. I’m sorry for not taking care of you when you needed me the most. I wish I can run over to you right now and hug you tightly and never ever hurt you again.' Yunho thought sadly.

 

Yunho had been waiting in front of Tiffany's house for over eight hours. The sun had set a long time ago but Tiffany was still nowhere to be seen.

 

Tiffany's car had broken down on her way home but luckily, Myungsoo was driving by so he had offered to give her a ride home. Myungsoo had expressed his feelings for Tiffany once more but she had rejected him again. The only reason she would give him is, "Myungsoo Oppa, we aren't meant to be together. A lot has happened; I’m not the same Tiffany anymore. It didn’t work out last time and I don’t think it will now either. I’m sorry. Please be my good friend like when we were in the States."

 

"Okay, good friends. I will always be here when you need me." Myungsoo said, forcing on a smile.

 

Just then, Yunho noticed a car turning into the driveway but it wasn't Tiffany's. Suddenly, a man came out of the driver side to opened the passenger door for Tiffany.