Chapter 12

Will you stay?

Jongin shifted from one side to another, a faint voice distracting him from his sleep.

Wait, sleep? When had he fallen asleep? He moved his hands, remembering Samantha curling beside him. They must have fallen asleep together, but while keeping his eyes closed , he moved his hands around him, searching for the girl’s body, but he was alone, her warmth gone. He slowly opened his eyes, the voice still faint somewhere in the background, and reached for his phone to look at the hour. 3 AM.

He finally opened his eyes fully, all his senses coming back to life. The light was a bit too strong, making him squirt his eyes, only to see Samantha’s backside, the girl standing with one of her arms on the edge on the window, her body softly leaning forward , a phone in her hand.

“Hyoyeon, calm down, okay?” he heard the girl say on the phone, her voice still hoarse, but not so puppy-like, like a few hours ago.

What should he do? Raise himself and approach her, letting her know he was awake, or stay on the bed and listen to her conversation? By the voice the girl had, aswell as the way her body was slightly tense, something was wrong. In the end he chose the first option, trying to be as quiet as possible.

“I know, you told me before, but you just have to find Baekhyun and then tell him to call me, okay?” Samantha voiced, speaking slow, as if talking to a child. The girl exhaled loudly, a hand going to her temples to rub them in irritation. She ended the call, not moving from her position, still oblivious to the fact that Jongin was up.

“Hey, you’re awake.” Jongin muttered, finally next to her, a hand instinctively resting on her upper back.

The girl seemed startled at first, but just smiled weakly after seeing a messy-haired Jongin next to her.

“Unfortunately.” she said, laughing softly, but immediately regretting it, the pain in her head unbearable for a few seconds. Jongin must have noticed it, because his expression switched from still sleepy to worried.

“How are you feeling? Does your head hurt a lot?” he asked. He was really curious as to why would Hyoyeon call Samantha at 3 AM in the morning, when all he would have wished for was for them to be able to stay in bed until noon, not caring about anything, completely cut off from the reality outside their room, but he knew it was too early for having such expectations. The thing that really mattered now was if the girl was feeling okay.

“It does, but it’s bearable.” Samantha said, turning around to face the room, her back now facing the opened window. She looked at him for a few moments, her gaze intense. There were so many questions running through her mind right now, the first one being how did they end up cuddling and sleeping together on a bed. What happened?

“As much as I would want to know how did we end up here, I have to ask you something much more important. Do you own a car?”

 

 

“So let me get this straight.” Jongin started, scratching the back of his head in confusion. “Hyoyeon and my idiot of a friend left the party to go to a club, with a bunch of other people. ”

“Yeah.” Samantha muttered, just as sleepy and confused as the tanned male was.

“And then they drank.”

“Exactly.”

“And now they’re stuck there, with no car and no money.”

“You got it.”

“But how did they end up there, then?” Jongin questioned, while searching for his car keys in his pockets.

“I don’t know. Maybe they got there with someone else’s car. I couldn’t really understand everything, Hyoyeon was kind of.. incoherent.” Samantha admitted, blushing because she assumed that’s how she behaved a few hours back aswell. Incoherent and drunk. She felt so embarrassed, because she still had no idea what had happened, or if she did or said anything stupid or embarrassing.

But beyond the fact that she felt embarassed, she also felt a bit scared. What she and Jongin were about to do was pretty reckless, but they didn’t really have any other option but doing this, no matter how bad it might end up. Jongin did have a car, but even though he didn’t get drunk last night, he still drank alcohol, which might have not left his system yet, meaning that if a policeman caught him driving while having alcohol in his system, Jongin would sure get a ticket.

“Are you sure you want to do this? Wouldn’t a taxi be better?” Samantha asked him while passing by the living room, where 2 couples had fallen asleep messily. The house was surprisingly empty, except for a few people. Samantha assumed the party moved from here to a club, which she didn’t really understand, but if that’s how things went at parties, who was she to say anything?  There was still music playing faintly in the background, but it wasn’t noticeable unless you really paid attention.

“A taxi would be hard to find at this hour. “ Jongin said, finally reaching his car. “Besides, we need to go and search for them in the club, and I seriously don’t know how long it will last.” Jongin joked, though he  wasn’t really amused by the situation himself.  

Samantha gave him directions to the club, feeling a slight deja-vu, remembering how she gave Sehun directions to Baekhyun’s house a few hours ago.  It was a weird comparison, Samantha finding that, despite the fact that they were about to go get their drunk friends from a club at 3 AM , she felt completely calm. Relaxed, even. Maybe it was all because of Jongin’s calmness. Once again, she realised just how much of an effect he had on her. But it wasn’t scary anymore.

 

The club they arrived at was no news to Jongin. He immediately recognised it as a place Baekhyun loved, but because of how busy he’d been the last few months, it became a place he used to love.

Luckily, they didn’t have any problems on their way there, the streets completely empty. However, the fact that the club had no guardians at the entry was surprising.

“Wait, Samantha?” Jongin suddenly stopped, like he remembered something out of the blue. “I want you to be careful in there, okay?” he said, concern obvious in his voice. “I don’t really know what we’re going to find in there so.. just stay beside me, okay?”

There it was, that deja-vu again. Sehun also told her to be careful, though it was in other circumstances. Samantha couldn’t help the smile and slight blush that crept on her face, her hand instinctively grabbing his, their fingers softly intertwining.

“Okay, I will.” She assured him.

The second they entered the club, they realised it wouldn’t be so hard to find the two they were looking for, since the club wasn’t that full of people, and they could see clearly all the way over to the back.

“Look, there they are!” Samantha exclaimed over the still loud music as she spotted her best friend’s blonde curls.

“Well, that was easier than expected.” Jongin laughed, heading their way.

Hyoyeon and Baekhyun were at the bar, Baekhyun talking to the barista while Hyoyeon stared around, visibly bored. Once the two girls made eye contact, the blonde one jumped from her seat, running and hugging Samantha like it was the first time they met.

“You finally arrived! You don’t know how worried I was!” she shouted, her voice muffled by her friend’s shoulder. “Baekhyun just didn’t want to leave, I’m so happy Jongin’s here. I bet he will talk his friend to go home.”

“How did you guys arrive here anyways?”Jongin asked, looking at his friend, that was now smiling like a mad man, muttering all sorts of weird stuff while playing with a bracelet.  “ And why is Baekhyun so drunk? Everything okay?” he asked worriedly, his body tense. His friend was in a much worse state than he’d imagined. Not that it was the first time he saw him like that, but it’s been a while. Samantha gave Jongin’s hand a gentle squeeze, sensing that he was somehow overwhelmed by everything, action that made the boy exhale, his shoulders relaxing a bit.

If Hyoyeon noticed, she didn’t say anything about how close the two were.

“Well, some guys offered Baekhyun free drinks if he came with them here, and of course he said yes.” She giggled softly. “ Because I knew you two were together, I thought it would be useless to hang there by myself, so I tagged along. Good thing I did, the only think Baekhyun can say right now are a few names.”

“Idiot.” Jongin muttered, not actually angry. He was a bit taken aback, because it had been such a long time since something like this happened ( in high school, if he remembered well ). Maybe it was all the stress that made Baekhyun act like this, without thinking, but he didn’t blame him. Everyone needed a break, even someone as strong and confident as his friend.And it was his birthday, so if not now, when?  He was just glad that Hyoyeon had been there with him, or else who knows what might have happened.

“Baekhyun, we should go.” Jongin told him, eyeing his friend.

“Nooooo.” The boy whined, bouncing his legs.

“If you don’t listen to me and come, I’m going to tell them about that one day in Biology when-“

Baekhyun pouted angrily, his shoulders hunching in defeat. He eventually nodded, letting himself be dragged to the car.

He’s so easy, Jongin thought.

They got into Jongin’s car easily, Baekhyun taking the front seat so that Jongin could be entirely focused on him.

Samantha and Hyoyeon took the back seats, the two girls quiet for the first few minutes, too tired to form a conversation.

“So, you and Jongin holding hands.” Hyoyeon whispered to her friend, suddenly fresh and sober.

Samantha giggled, expecting this question sooner or later.

“So tell me, is he a good kisser or wha-“

“Do you girls want to come back with me and Baekhyun, or should I just drop you two off home?”Jongin asked, looking at the two through the mirror, interrupting Hyoyeon’s monologue.

Hyoyeon looked at Samantha, letting her decide. 

The ball is on your side.

Samantha contemplated what to answer. The idea of going back was tempting, maybe this way she would have the chance to actually talk to Jongin while being sober, and aware of the things she does and say, but at the same time she felt like there were so many emotions flooding throught her, her headache still lingering, that she still didn’t trust her ability of speaking with him. Now that she knew that Hyoyeon and Baekhyun were okay, her embarassment came back full force.

All that she wanted to do now was just sleep.

„I’ll think we’ll just go home, thanks.”she said softly, her head resting on the window.

Jongin nodded, not saying anything else. A big part of him wanted her to say yes, but he accepted whatever she said. He could wait.

When they finally arrived in front of their apartment building, Hyoyeon rapidly went inside, leaving Jongin and Samantha alone ( Baekhyun being too sleepy and drunk to even move from his seat ).

And there they were, on an empty street, at  maybe 4 or 5 AM , looking at each other without saying anything, the engine purring from behing them. They just smiled.

Samantha felt like laughing when thinking about how the whole night had been, a big part of it being a blurr for her. It was funny comparing the reality with the movies she’d seen. She knew how, in movies, a guy and a girl would try to search for a quiet place, look at the stars and talk about deep subjects like love, friends, or their own lives. Then, they would eventually kiss and get together.

It had been so different, her first party with Jongin not even consisting of an actual discussion. The only think she actually remembered doing with him was dancing. And boy, that was so fun and it felt so, so nice.

„Does your head still hurt?” his voice interrupted her from her thoghts.

„A bit, but I’m going to be fine.” She admitted, but then she felt like saying so many things to him. „I’m sorry for..everything.”

„What do you mean?”

„For dragging you to the club. And for getting drunk.”she started, then added with a blush, „and for whatever stupid thing I might have done or said to you while being drunk.” She said softly,the memory of  feeling his arms around her, while nosing her neck  as they slept coming back to her, her chest fluttering.

He took a step closer, grabbing both her hands and intertwiding their fingers gently. He opened his mouth to say something, but closed it after finally grinning.

„You were actually adorable.I didn’t know you were into dancers..” He teased.

„W-what?” she stuttered, the close proximity, along with his grin weren’t really helping her.

„Does Chris Brown ring a bell?”

Damn it, Samantha, she thought, thinking she must look like a tomato by now.

„I-„

„You don’t have to say anything.” He gently whispered, closing the space between them even more. He was so tall, her forehead reaching his chin, but he somehow managed to lean in, resting her forehead agasinst hers, closing his eyes for a few seconds to just savour the feeling of her so close to him.

„Can I..just-„ he mumbled, but abandoned whatever he wanted to say in favour of tenderly pressing his lips on her forehead, lingering for a few seconds before pulling back. Her eyes remained close for a bit, but when she eventually opened them, he saw him smiling at her, his eyes crinkling adorably.

 „I’ll call you, okay?” he said.

„You better..”

 He gently squeezed her hands, his thumb hers.

“Good night. Sleep a lot.” He said before pressing a kiss on her forehead once more, this time shorter, but it still made her feel like she was flying.

She nodded as she let go of his hands, turning her back to enter the building, hearing the car moving.

Jongin felt as if a huge burden had been lifted off of his chest, everything seeming so great. No worries, no problems, nothing bad whatsoever. He was brought back on Earth by his phone buzzing in his pocket, signalling a message.

 From: Hyoyeon

We need to talk.

You know what they say, when you feel like you’ve got everything figured out, life comes and slaps you in the face.

 

 

A/N

you girls are probably going to hate me for ending such a pretty chapter with the last sentence, but who wants a perfect story where everything goes they way it's planned? Haha

I hope you liked it, please leave a comment with whatever opinion you might have, I miss hearing from you :(

Have a good day, take care ♥