Chapter 11

Will you stay?

The second she saw Jongin, she gaped. Not because she actually paid attention to his looks, not being surprised that he looked as handsome as usual, but because of what was in his hand.

“Haven’t I told you that I don’t want too much alcohol?” she giggled as he pouted, two shots in his hand.

“Come on, you can’t start the night with something as lame as some punch. We have to take a shot each.”

“Do I really have to?” she whined. Not that she couldn’t handle the alcohol, since a shot was nothing special really, but she could be quite  unforeseeable when drinking. Sometimes it wouldn’t affect her at all, but sometimes a little went a long way. It depended on her mood, how much she ate that day, and all sorts of other stuff she didn’t quite know.

“Well, if you really don’t want to-“Jongin started, taken aback by her reaction. The last thing he wanted was to make her feel uncomfortable.

“It’s fine, just give it here.” The girl cut him off, taking the shot from his hand. The grin on his face was priceless, to say the least, and truly Samantha felt like she was doing the right thing. It wasn’t like she was selling her soul to the devil or something, it wasn’t that much of a big deal. She just hoped she wasn’t going to get crazy.

“On one.” Jongin started.

Ok, I’m going to do this.

“Two.”

No big deal.

“Three!”

Here we go..

She tipped her head backwards, the drink burning a little more than she remembered it would. After it was all down, she gave Jongin the empty shot back, closing her eyes shut to try and make the burning a bit more bearable. Truth be told, she didn’t remember the last time she drank something so strong.

“What was it?”

“Tequila. Why, you didn’t like it?” Jongin asked rather worried.

“It was fine.” Samantha waved her hand dismissively, the alcohol making her body feel warm and full of energy. “Can we go dance?” she suddenly blurted, her eyes sparkling. The boy just nodded, making a gesture for her to follow him. However, the girl felt bold, so she just grabbed his hand like a little kid, waiting for him to lead the way. Jongin raised his eyes in surprise while looking at their hands, but couldn’t help but smile brightly. Maybe it was really going to be a good night.   

 

 

               

Two and a half hours later, Jongin struggled to control his breath, gasping for air as he took a seat on one of the chairs near the room where everybody seemed to have endless energy. You couldn’t really call it a dance floor, since it was just a dark room with a really good, high maintenance audio system that made you feel every single vibration of the songs that were playing. The room was packet with people, the  colourful lights that played on the walls really making you feel like you were in a club.

Maybe that’s why Samantha enjoyed it so much.  It was needless to say that she spent the last 3 hours dancing and talking to everyone, her whole body feeling so full of energy, so light and her mind so careless. It all felt good and relaxing, like there wasn’t any worry in the whole world.  Dancing on her own had been fun, but when Jongin joined her things got even better. She discovered that he was a indeed really good dancer, because no matter how much he’d try to make his moves look silly, they looked flawless. It was a bit awkward at first, but then they started laughing and making fun of everything, dancing like little kids.

They eventually fell into a comfortable rhythm , his body coming closer and closer, almost closing the space between them ( Jongin’s excuse being that the room was too crowded ). She could feel his presence and his warmth even with her eyes closed, which, as opposed to the when it happened with Sehun in the car, felt really good. It felt nice. And without thinking, she leaned on him, the two starting to dance together, their bodies touching in a way in made her skin tingle. 

She wasn’t drunk,  but the alcohol definitely made her a bit more light, convincing her that it was useless to fight against the attraction for the tanned male. He was right there,  and for the past few weeks, he’d always been there, so what more could she wish for?

“It’s so hot in here, I’ll go get something to drink. You want some?” he whispered in her ear,  the girl responding with a nod.

But she didn’t feel like waiting for him alone, so she just continued dancing with some girls she didn’t really know, but they seemed nice enough to hang around with.  They smiled to her as she approached them, seeing 2 other boys with them. She didn’t pay them any attention though, but just continued doing her thing, moving her whole body to a song that she knew and actually liked a lot.

 Two hands circled her waist from behind, the first though that popped in her mind being that Jongin was back, but when felt a pair of lips touching her ear, something stirred in her stomach. And it wasn’t good.

“You move really well, you know that?” he whispered in a tone that wanted to be y, but it only make her skin crawl with disgust.

“What do you think you’re doing?” she asked, stopping in her movements, looking at the boy with an angry expression.

“ Well, I just though maybe you and me could go to some place quieter.” He continued, a smirk on his lips as he closed yet again the space between them.

Her eyes went wide the next second, her hands pushing him away as she looked at him with a glare that could kill people. He seemed to get the idea, and backed off a few steps.

“Sorry babe, just thought you might be interested.” He defended himself, his hands raised in the air.

“Well I’m not, so screw you.” she hissed, leaving the group as she tried to find Jongin.

And that’s how she remembered why she actually hated these things so much. All these parties and clubs were full of people that didn’t want anything but to get wasted and have . And boys that saw girls as objects made for their own fun were so disgusting, it only made her want to hide under her bed.

When she finally spotted the one she was looking for, she jogged to the couch, seeing two paper cups in his hands, a smile appearing on his lips once he saw her, motioning with his head for her to sit next to him.

Her angry expression softened a bit after seeing him, but she was still so angry that she didn’t stop to ask what cup was hers, and just grabbed the first one she saw, not thinking  anything as she gulped the whole thing in one second. Man, she was thirsty! 

It all came back to her in a second as she swallowed the drink, feeling like someone cut it off completely, the room suddenly so, so hot.

“No, that was mine!” Jongin shouted worriedly , his eyes wide as he raised himself from the couch to look at her. “Please tell me you didn’t drink it all.” He whined, looking in the cup she was holding. “Damn it, Samantha.” he whispered, not mad but worried. “That wasn’t for you,  it had more alcohol than you can handle. And you swallowed it in a second...”.

Well he was screwed. He was supposed to take care of her, but now, looking at the girl that had her eyes a bit foggy, her body like jelly, he didn’t know what to do.

“I’m going to get some water. You stay here, okay?” he asked, making sure his tone was gentle, yet firm enough so that she would understand him.  The girl just smiled inattentively, nodding as she let herself fall on the couch. 

When he came back, he found her playing with her fingers, her head down.

“Hey,  drink this.” he told her as he sat himself next to her, their thighs touching. She drank some of it, but pouted cutely as she put her hands on her ears.

“Can we go somewhere else? This place is too loud. My head hurts.”

The boy thought for a few moments for a good place to take her to.  The bedrooms were probably taken by couples who were too eager to finish what they’ve started while dancing. Fresh air would have been great, but just sitting on the front stairs of the house was a bit boring.

He took her hand, dragging her all around the house in searching for some kind of balcony, but when he got his hopes up when seeing a glass door, he felt like slapping himself. It was locked. Behind him, Samantha was muttering all kinds of nonsense, her voice hoarse , but she somehow managed to sound like a puppy. He didn’t really pay any attention to her, too focused on finding a quiet place.

“Jongiiiiiiiin.” She whined, abruptly stopping, tugging on his hand.

“Yeah?”

“I’m talking to you. I want to sit down. My feet hurt.” She pouted, an expression which she seemed to adore when being in this state, because it was the only expression she had.

“That’s what I’m trying to find. A place for you to rest and calm yourself.” he stated, coaming his hand through her tangled hair. She was a mess, with her cheeks flushed and her shoulders like jelly, her eyes big and glassy, a pout on her lips.

“What’s wrong with here? It’s a nice place.” She gestured to the carpeted floor. They were on some kind of hallway, the place much quieter than the room in which they danced.

“Wouldn’t a bed be nicer?” Jongin asked, only afterwards realising that his question might me mistunderstood, his cheeks suddenly warm.

Man up, Jongin. You aren’t 15 anymore.

She seemed  to contemplate the idea for a few moments, her head tipping to the side.

“It would, but I don’t see one.” she frowned.  “It would be so cool if beds could come to me just like Harry Potter made his broom come to him when he needed it..”

“You like Harry Potter?”

“..yeah.  Do you?”

“Sure, why wouldn’t I?” he joked, thinking that it might not be a good idea to tell her he didn’t even see all the movies.

They eventually found a room with a bed and a cushiony armchair. It was perfect.

The first thing Jongin did was to open the window wide, so that fresh air could come in. It was around 1 AM,  and because it was summer it was impossible for the room to become too cold.

The girl made a weird squelching noise after seeing how comfy the bed looked. She mumbled something incoherent before falling with her head in the pillows.

“How are you feeling?” Jongin asked as he took a seat on the edge of the bed. “You should drink that whole cup of water.” he added, gesturing to the red cup that she was still holding onto.

“It’s really warm here. And my throat feels weird.. Why is that?”

“You drank like.. a whole cup of juice and vodka, what do you expect? Jongin laughed, just to mask how guilty he actually felt. He knew it wasn’t his fault, but he could have been more careful. It was no doubt she was soon going to have a horrible headache. And a horrible hangover the next morning. He texted Hyoyeon, telling her about Samantha, and that he got it all under control, then lifted his gaze to look at the girl on the bed.

She was staring at him intensely.

“What? Do I have something on my face?” the boy joked.

“Do you have a type? Like, I like Chris Brown. What about you? ” she said, her eyes innocently looking into his. The boy gulped, the question taking him by surprise.

“Why do you like Chris Brown?”

“Because he has dark skin. And he dances well. Just like you!” she chirped, which made him giggle. She was so, so cute right now, that he needed al his self restrain to not curl beside her and nuzzle his head in her neck.

“Why do you ask what my type is?”

“ Because I want to know.”

“Why?”

“I just do.” She shrugged.

“I like pretty girls.” He answered, teasingly.

She pouted.

“That doesn’t count as an answer.”

“Why not?”

“Because.”

“Because what?”

“I said a name. You should too.”

“I don’t want to tell you. I don’t think you’re ready.” He stuck his tongue out.

“You’re so mean.”

“Maybe I am, but you like me anyway, right?” he continued with the teasing, not thinking about anything. She was so cute when she pouted like that, so it became his goal to make her pout as much as possible. For his own delight, of course.

“I do, actually.” She almost whispered, her pout now gone. “I really think I do.”

Jongin froze.

No. She was drunk, she would probably tell everyone that she liked them, just because she felt the rush of alcohol through her. He knew the feeling very well.

“Wha-“

“I also like Hyoyeon and Baekhyun a lot. You know what, I think they should be together. I saw them really close today, at your party.”

Oh, right, he sighed.

“It’s  Baekhyun’s party, not mine.” the boy reminded her.

“Mhmm.” The girl murmured again, he eyes droopy as she rested her head on her arms, that were folded under her. “ I can’t sleep without something to cuddle with.” She whined, taking all the pillows on the bed and trying to make them comfortable, but her displeased expression made it clear that they weren’t good enough.

Jongin felt that this was his chance. After all, it wasn’t like he was doing something bad, or too bold, so he just did what his mind and body told him to. He took all the pillows from around her, throwing them somewhere around the room as she closed the space between them, making himself comfortable on the bed. He spread one of his hands, gesturing for her to come closer, almost as if inviting her to cuddle with him.

Samantha seemed confused at first. She blinked a total of 5 times, her eyes big and brown as she was looking at him in uncertainty. But after that, almost like on cue, she grinned, resting her head on his arm as she cuddled closer to him, curling on his side.

Maybe she was drunk, and not herself. Maybe she didn’t even care who he actually was, but just liked the fact that she had someone to cuddle with. Maybe he was fooling himself, thinking that she would have said no to another guy that would have offered to help her sleep by cuddling with her, but he didn’t care. Because right now, sitting with her, feeling her sigh in contentment as she curled beside him , it felt so right. It felt like he was so close to everything he ever wanted.

Her.

 

 

A/N

2 chapters in 2 days

*throws confetti*

hihi

 

I really miss all your comments :'(