Ninth Chapter

Unconventional Love

 

"Are you gonna be alright?" 

A smile escaped from Seungri's lips. Seeing the worried look on Yongbae's face, he couldn't help but feel slightly delightful.

"Don't worry. It's not like I can't move at all. It's just a broken arm, you know," he said, trying to reassure him.

"Are you really sure?" Yongbae asked, throwing in a solemn stare.

Seungri chuckles. "Hyung," he said, resting his hand on the older man's shoulder. "Don't worry, okay? I can do fine by myself. And for goodness' sake, we live in the same building. You can barge in anytime you want to!"

The wrinkle on Yongbae's forehead faded out. His demeanor now then lightened up. "Alright," he breathed out. "I guess I'm getting worried over nothing. Besides.. I'm pretty sure Jiyong would also visit you often, noh?"

A faint blush crawled through Seungri's cheeks upon hearing the name. He lets out a bashful laugh. "Ah.. yeah. I guess so," 

But just as his heart was beginning to flutter at the thought of Jiyong, suddenly, he pauses. They were so busy talking, he had almost forgotten something so crucial---he's now leaving this very room that almost seemed like a paradise to him. Though it doesn't necessarily mean he won't see Jiyong anymore, still, he felt sadness for leaving the place where everything felt so magical for him.

"You okay..?" 

Yongbae's words snapped Seungri back to his senses. When he realized, the pink-haired man was squinting his eyes, staring at him with a puzzled look on his face. 

"What's wrong?" he asked once more.

"..Nothing," Seungri replied with a smile. "I just remembered something,"

"Really?" he asked with his hands on his waist, unsatisfied of the answer. 

Seungri then chuckles, trying to shrug it off. "Really. Stop worrying so much!"

Yongbae lets out a heavy sigh. "It's not like I can help it. You're so unpredictable, you know. I can never guess what you're really up to. One moment you're hanging out with us, then you won't show up for days. Even weeks. And now with this," he exclaimed, looking at Seungri's cast. "You have a knack for making people worry.. Honestly, you scare me."

Seungri furrowed his eyebrows whilst smirking, mocking the words the older man just said. "You sound like my father," he said, giggling.

Yongbae stared at him in an irked manner for a moment, and then lets out a sigh. "..You repay my kindness and worry by mocking me?" he asked, disappointed and in disbelief of what he just heard.

"Aish!" He bursts out in laughter. "Why are you so serious?" he asked, gently pushing Yongbae's shoulder. "You've been like this recently. What's up with you?"

"You have the nerve to ask that?" he asked, throwing in a curdling stare. "After what you have been doing? You seriously have no idea why I'm like this?" 

"Aish..." he playfully said, ignoring what Yongbae just said. "There, there. No need to be so uptight, Hyung,"

Yongbae rolled his eyes. Knowing there's no reasoning out with this devious guy, he decided to let it go. Like always. "..where's Jiyong?" he asked, completely moving on from their conversation. "He said he'll be out for a moment, right? To where? He's taking his time. There's still a lot of stuffs here that needed to be moved out. Our manager is busy, so he couldn't help out. Same goes for the other members,"

"Uh, Jiyong-hyung said that Mr.Yang called out for him. He said it's about his upcoming project to Japan,"

"His what?" Yongbae asked, eyebrow raised. "What project?"

"What do you mean 'what project?'?" he asked, slightly confused at his reaction. "Didn't he tell you? He said they'll discuss about the plan for his fan meeting in Japan,"

Yongbae squinted his eyes. His face was clearly shouting out skepticism and doubt. 

Seungri halted at what he have seen. There was a piercing feeling in his chest, though he didn't know exactly why. "H-He didn't tell you..?" he asked once more. 

"Well.. a fan meeting? You sure you heard right?" he asked, rubbing his chin. "Why would he have a fan meeting, though? We're currently working as a group, you know. There's no reason to. He's not working on a solo or something. Are really sure you heard right?"

"I-Is that right.." said Seungri, stiff as a brick. He could only give a feigned smile to the older guy right now.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Seungri stared at the fragments of glasses on the floor. A red liquid was pooling around it, reflecting his face. His most prized possession---broken and scattered all over the floor. It was Jiyong's present to him on his 24th birthday, and yet, unexpectedly, for some reason, he wasn't upset at all. Instead of cleaning up the expensive wine, he stood and left it unattended. His window, to which have always been shut, finally been opened. He stared at sky above, eyes expressionless and seemingly soulless. It was almost as if every bit of energy was drained from his body. There was an underlying feeling of melancholy, carving a hole through his chest.

His anticipation---long been gone. It felt like an eternity had passed with him just staying in his desolated apartment. Jiyong had promised to always come by and visit, and yet, not a single strand of hair had been present from him. Yongbae, who was so worried over him, was also a no-show. Had he been abandoned? He thought. Why does everyone he knows of, seem to not care about him? Though it really didn't matter to him that everyone else are busy with their own life, what anguishes him the most is the fact that Jiyong showed no sign of appearing before him. He couldn't care less if everyone abandoned him and left him to die. 

Everyone but Jiyong.

 

 


 

 

 

The aroma of a coffee bean being brewed delighted Seungri's sense of smell. It was a wise choice to come here, he thought. The ambience in the cafe that he had always loved lightened up his mood. He knew being alone in his apartment would make him even more miserable than he is. And resorting to getting drunk once again was the thing that he wanted to avoid at all cost. Although he feels such pain due to Jiyong, he still couldn't bring himself to break his promise to him.

Jiyong could hurt him over and over again, and still, his feelings for him would still remain.

He continued to walk further inside, looking for an empty table. On the center area, there was this man reading a book over a cup of coffee. On the corner, there was this seemingly married couple, enjoying each other's company. Seungri smiles. Such calming and relaxing view, he thought. For a moment, he had forgotten how wretched he was. It was indeed the right decision to come here.

But as if fate was playing with him, it wasn't only those people that was in the cafe with him. There was also this awfully familiar man, sitting on the corner with an also awfully familiar woman. There goes that painful feeling once again, crushing him into tiny bits of specks. All this time, Jiyong was with Kiko? He couldn't even visit nor contact him once, and yet, he's here, in their favorite cafe, spending time generously? Seungri was utterly stunned. 

There was that lump in his throat once again. He could feel the tears threatening to break out of his eyes. Until when is he gonna suffer from him? Why is it always like this? He thought to himself as he froze on the spot, knees weak. Seungri wanted to scream and breakdown. Such anguishing view. It felt as if he was going crazy. He wanted to grab the chairs and throw it at them. He wanted run towards Jiyong and beat him til every bit of anger fades out inside of him. 

Seungri stood still. Such dark thoughts was going on inside his head currently. His vision was almost fading out. Any minute now, and he won't even know what he'll be able to do. 

 

 

 


 

 

Jiyong peeled off the lint sticking out on the surface of his shirt. There was an uncomfortable feeling in his gut, twitching, and the only thing that could've lessen this was to divert his attention into something. He had lost count on how many times his heartbeat had skipped everytime the bells hanging onto the door of the cafe rings. He could hear Kiko infront of him speaking, but not entirely. It was like that of a sound produced from the inside of a secluded container---faint and vague. Of all place, his and Seungri's favorite cafe was the location Kiko chose to spend time with him.

Never, in his entire life, had he imagined him to be this guilty and nervous. He wanted to immediately leave the place so bad, but he couldn't think of something to reason out. They just got there, and leaving right away might seem questionable.

"Hey,"

For a moment, Jiyong lost his breath. That familiar voice.. He could feel the hair on the back of his neck stand up. He was utterly shocked, he couldn't move. He didn't even hear the bells ring.

"I didn't know you guys hang out here,"

Jiyong gulped.

Slowly, he lifted his head up. There Seungri was, with a foreign look on his face. Jiyong felt like choking. What was that expression on his face? He asked himself. Seungri was smiling, but it had that sinister aura to it. His eyes, dull and dreary.

"Oh, Seungri! Come join us!" Kiko happily suggested as she gestured towards the seat beside her.

Seungri nodded. "Sure. I'd love to," but instead of taking the seat Kiko was pointing at, he moved in towards Jiyong, taking the seat beside him.

Jiyong immediately felt queasy. Though he wasn't directing his eyes towards him, he could still see Seungri on the side of his eyes, staring intently at him.

"So," Seungri continued whilst smirking. "Were you guys here for a while now?" he asked, still looking at Jiyong.

"No, we just got here," Kiko replied. "Hang with us. Don't leave too quickly,"

"Sure. That'd be alright," Seungri answered.

Jiyong could only smile. Barely. He couldn't even dare to look him in the eyes.

Suddenly, a warm, rough thing grazes his hand. He looked down, and it was Seungri's hand, holding onto his. He was immediately taken aback. ​Seungri held onto his, tightly, entwining their fingers together whilst acting as if nothing's happening. He continued talking to Kiko while playing with their fingers.

Jiyong remained quiet and still. He was guilt-driven, shocked and confused. He didn't know what to think or do. He remained stiff, letting Seungri do whatever he wants.

"So, Seungri," Kiko continued. "How's your condition now?" she asked, looking at his cast.

"Ah, no need to worry," he smiled. "It's no trouble for me at all!"

"I see. Good to hear, then," she nods in satisfaction. "And I'm sure Jiyong's always there to help you, noh?"

Jiyong gulped.

"Ah, yes," Seungri chuckled. "He's been helpful to me these past few days," then, he turns to look at Jiyong. "Isn't that right?" he asked, squeezing his hand.

Jiyong could only smile as a reply.

"Aww, that's nice," Kiko replied. "It's nice having someone as sweet and caring as him, right?" she said, teasingly and playfully.

Seungri chuckled. "That's right,"

Jiyong wanted to stand up and leave. He couldn't take anymore of this. But then suddenly, he felt Seungri's hand move its way to his thighs, almost making him jump from his seat. Seungri was sliding on to his groin, putting in a slight bit force to it.

Jiyong couldn't move a muscle.

 

 

 

 

 



My dearest and most cherished readers, I apologize. I know it's been too long since I last updated. I was too occupied with so many things lately, that I haven't had the time to write. I was busy with school, friends, family, and most recently, the Made tour in Manila...

Oh.. my.. gosh.. Until now, I still haven't moved on(and probably never will). I'm still so hung up from the concert... Can you imagine? BigBang was just literally inches away from me... The money spent was all worth it, I tell ya. Even had a video/picture with Seungri during the send off... TTTT I'm not lying, we even made eye contact several times during the show since I was in the first row, always waving and smiling at him... My feels.. TTTT

PS You can read my blog about it here on AFF^^