Eight Chapter

Unconventional Love

 

 

Seungri was in an almost-unconscious state of mind. Everything just happened so suddenly, he couldn't manage to fathom it. His heart was beating rapidly, pumping out blood into his head like a swift of whirlwind. Everything else was just hazy---everything but the the deep, crimson eyes, staring back at him, trapping him forever into an endless vault. The thin, alluring lips that's drawing him in, making him want to trade his soul just so he could get a taste. It seemed as if the world is playing with him. He couldn't tell what's dream or reality anymore.

"W-What.. did you say..?" he asked one more time. He had to

Jiyong locked his eyes on him, staring intently right through him. Every second of it felt repressing, Seungri felt like passing out.

"..I can try," he finally said in a heartfelt manner. "..I'll try my best to love you,"

Hearing those words sent chills all over Seungri's body. It was just too bizarre hearing those words coming from him. Strangely, he found himself skeptical rather than overjoyed. For years of staying on the shadows, one-sidedly loving him, never---even in his wildest dreams---have he imagined that this moment would come. But if it ever happens, he was sure he'd be the happiest person in the world right now. But it's funny though. Now that it did happen, he wasn't so sure what to feel anymore. Not once, have he thought that there'd be a day where he'll have to be stuck in a dilemma like this.

Was it because of the accident? He thought to himself as he looks at the cast of his broken arm. Such an odd feeling. Just a few hours ago, he was willing to do anything just to make him return his feelings. No matter what the circumstances are, he was sure he won't mind. Just as long as Jiyong will look at him the way he looks at him. 

Seungri jolted. He felt a warm, rough thing grazing the side of his hand. He turns to look at it, and there Jiyong's hand was, slowly making its way to his. His heart began to rapidly beat again as he watched their fingers slowly engage in a knot. He could feel the warmth of his hand, exchanging with his. Evey cell in his body were tingling. He could see Jiyong on the side of his eyes, gazing at him with such profound look on his face. Seungri couldn't dare to look back at him.

"..You don't like it?" Jiyong asked in his lowest possible tone, almost as if he's whispering.

Even his voice seemed like that of a completely different person. It had such a depth to it that Seungri had never even heard from him. It all felt so electrifying and strange at the same time, his mind went blank. He sat there, completely still as Jiyong continued to stare at him, eyes still looking deep within him.

"What about Kiko?" he blurted out without thinking, only to find himself immediately regretting it the moment he said it.

The look on Jiyong's face turned into a disconcerted one. Seungri could tell right away that he was thrown into a faze. Oddly enough, all the uncertainty he was feeling just moments ago, completely vanished. There was an unexpected displeasure that grew inside of him once he saw the wariness on Jiyong's eyes. Seungri didn't like the fact that mentioning her name affects him in any way.

"Y-You don't have to asnwer that!" he exclaimed as he tightly grasps on Jiyong's hand. "It doesn't matter!"

Jiyong stared at him in such an obscured way. He just looked at him, as if suddenly taken aback by his words.

"I just.. I want to make sure if you really mean that. No, I mean, there's no turning back now. Y-You already said that, so you can't take it back," he said with a resolute, determined look on his face. "You have to do it for real! ..L-loving me, that is.."

Cold sweat started to accumulate on Seungri's back once again. The dead atmosphere was doing him no good as Jiyong just sat there, not uttering a word. The way his eyes fixed blankly on their entwined hands made Seungri uneasy, as it only tells him that he's in deep thoughts, carefully making his decision. Part of him felt troubled by that, as it could mean that there's a chance his answer wouldn't be pleasing for him.

Slowly, Jiyong started to caress the back of Seungri's hand with his thumb, grazing against it gently. Seungri could feel his blood rushing in to his ears. The hair on the back of his neck stood up at the lovely sensation of the warm touch. 

Jiyong nodded, still looking at their hands. "Don't worry.. I will."

 

 


 

 

Time seemed to have stopped for Seungri. Has it been a day? A week? A month? Truthfully, he doesn't know anymore. Rather, he doesn't care. Jiyong was all that matters to him. Jiyong was all that he could see and care about. This was all worth getting injured for, he thought. And if this is what it takes to stay like this for a long time, he was more than happy to have a broken arm. All of it just seemed so magical and unreal. If this is a dream, then Seungri wouldn't want to wake up.

It's like they were stuck in another world with a different time. They spent each day with each other laughing at the silliest things; playing random, childish games; arguing about the most pettiest things just for fun; talking just about anything under the sun; and sometimes just sitting there, enjoying each other's company. 

Jiyong provided him with everything he needed; he took care of him, cooked food for him, and stayed by his side the whole time. He was treated like a king by his most beloved person. What else could he ask for? If there's any way that this could go on forever, then Seungri wouldn't mind doing anything. 

 

 


 

 

Seungri sat steadily on the bed with his hands placed neatly on his lap. The television was on, and so was his favorite show. Although he was in the hobby of not missing a single episode of it, surprisingly, he paid no heed to it. All such ridiculous stunts and slapstick comedies didn't matter to him as of now. The thought of Jiyong, coming in through the door anytime, was all he could think about right now. No television program---no matter how great---will match up to his anticipation of seeing him. 

And there it goes; the awaited sound of the door hinge squeaking. An immediate grin formed on the boy's lips. 

"Good morning," uttered a thin, sweet voice coming from the door.

Seungri felt his heart jump out of his chest. There Jiyong was, sticking out his head through the door with his usual, gummy smile. 

"Brought food," he said as he holds up the plastic bag on his hand. 

"Come in!" Seungri said excitedly, smiling from ear to ear. "Just in time! I was getting hungry,"

"Good, good. I brought tons for the two of us," he said as he proceeded to walk further inside. "The grandma working at the Japanese restaurant said that she was a fan and added extra dishes to it,"

Seungri chuckles. "It's convenient being famous, isn't it?"

Jiyong snorted. "What? Do you always shamelessly use your fame for things like these?"

"No, I don't," He chuckles. "Well.. maybe..?" he said, eyebrows raised with a muffled smile.

Jiyong chuckles in disbelief. "Unbelievable. You really are something," he said whilst tidily making space on the table. "Here. You said you wanted beef sukiyaki, right?" 

Seungri excitedly nod as he watched Jiyong take out the food. He was like that of a chick, waiting to be fed by its mother bird. He grew so dependent of him these past few days. Though you couldn't blame him, Jiyong made him like that. He visited more often than Seungri's family. Coming back and forth, doing everything for him.

"Good morning~~" a voice uttered, coming from the door.

The two turned around, only to see a pink-haired man, peering his eyes through the door. 

"How's it going?" Yongbae asked, walking towards them with his usual eye smile.

"Better than before," Seungri said with a mouthful of noodles. 

Yongbae nods in satisfaction. "That's good to hear. I can see that he helped a lot, eh?" he asked, looking at Jiyong. "I've heard you visit quite often? And you even do everything for him,"

Seungri glances at Jiyong, bashfully smiling as if he was a newly-wed bride looking at his groom. Jiyong, on the other hand, could clearly see his reaction. But he stayed still, remaining his normal, composed self. 

"Yeah.. Something like that," he casually said, choosing to ignore the embarrassment.

"I see. That's good," Yongbae then sits on the corner of Seungri's bed, legs wide opened and hands, leaning behind him. He looks at Seungri, studying his face carefully. "It's not too obvious anymore. The bruises,"

Seungri smiles. "Ah, you're right. It healed pretty fast.. All thanks to Jiyong-hyung," he said, smiling shyly with a faint blush on his face.

"Ah, really?" Yongbae asked, slightly surprised. "How come?"

Jiyong chuckles in embarrassment. "What do you mean 'all thanks to Jiyong-hyung'? It's not like I did anything great. I just brought you here food, is all,"

Seungri bashfully laughed. "You know that's not true,"

Meanwhile, Yongbae observed the two as he squinted his eyes, suspicion growing inside of him. "You know, you two are acting a bit funny.."

Blood rushed to Seungri's ears upon hearing those words. "What do you mean..?" he asked, perturbed.

Yongbae rolled his eyes. "Acting stupid, huh?" He then folded his arms onto his chest. "I mean, that. The way you're acting. Did something happen?"

The boy's still determined to act clueless of what he's saying. He widened is eyes, acting unwavered. "I don't know what you're talking about,"

"Don't be ridiculous," Jiyong finally speaks up. "What do you mean acting funny? We're always like this, aren't we?" he said with a deadpan expression on his face.

Yongbae paused for a moment. He stared at him, as if still reluctant. "Riiight.. Anyway," he continued, shrugging off the idea. "It's good that it's healing fast. After all, you'll be leaving today, right? They said you'll be discharged today,"

Seungri paused. Just like that, he woke up from his sweet dream. It's like he was floating in the air but then suddenly hit the ground. All those fuzzy clouds, colorful flowers and butterflies suddenly vanished within a second. The sudden surge of reality hit him so hard, he couldn't get up. It's now time to bid farewell to all those wonderful days he spent in this paradise-like room with Jiyong. 

Reality is such a cruel thing.