Fourth Chapter

Unconventional Love

 

 

 

The morning sunlight shone through the windows, through the pastel curtains, and on his white, clear skin. Birds, chirping, playing by the window, snuck its way to his room. It was a fine day, but Seungri think so otherwise. He sat on the corner of his bed, eyes staring blankly at the grey carpet. Was it a dream? It was vague, but he remembers how flummoxed Jiyong looked like. He remembers tears gushing out, his face on his warm chest. He remembers spilling out words he knows he shouldn't have.

He remembers it and he regrets it.

 

 


 

 

"Hey," someone utters.

Jiyong hears it clearly, but he couldn't respond. He couldn't, as if he was too deep in a different, far away realm. He hears it, but he's as if too tired and too weak to even take action.

"Hey!" louder this time.

He's jaded, but he turns his head away from the window. He knows it, but he continues staring at her with blank eyes.

"What's with you?" Kiko frowns. "Are you okay?"

 

"About what?" She takes a sip on her coffee. "What were you thinking about?"

Jiyong halts. "Huh? Well.. I was thinking about our fans. Uh.. We'll be releasing a comeback album soon and I'm getting worried here."

"Silly." She chuckles. "Don't get so stressed-up. Of course they'll like it! They're your fans, they'll love everything no matter what."

"Well.. We've been gone for too long, and I know they're expecting so much from us. I don't know if they'll like it."

Kiko smiles. She reaches out her hand to hold Jiyong's. "Don't worry. I'm sure it'll all work out. I know you can do it."

"Right. Thanks," he said, smiling.

Kiko lets go of his hand and picks up her cup. "No problem. You know, the coffee here is really good. Do you come here often? The atmosphere is great here, too!"

"Yeah. Me and Seungri visits here often. This is our favorite cafe."

"Ah, really? Then let's invite him here sometimes! The three of us," said Kiko, excitedly.

Jiyong pauses. "Uh, sure.. I'm sure he'll like that."

"Great! Can't wait," she said smiling.

 

 


 

 

Seungri drank his fourth shot of vodka as he sat infront of the bar. It's been a week since he had last seen Jiyong, and none of them ever dared to try and contact each other. Part of him wants to see him, but also part of him wants to stay away from him as much as he could. He spent his nights coming back and forth to different places, so long as it served alcohol. Of course, women are of no exception. He was like that to begin with, but he only does that to forget. And these days, he found himself getting worse than usual.

Alcohol started to shake up his system. He kept eyeing the attractive woman sitting from afar as he puts on his signature smile to attack his prey. Seungri always liked the type of woman with 'womanly' parts. The type that has long hair, luscious lips, seductive curves---the type that completely contrasts Jiyong, who's a man like him.

Seungri picks up the cocktail he ordered a while ago and stands up. He walked towards the woman with his usual confident posture. 

"Hey there, beautiful," he said, handing out the drink to her with his charming smile.

The woman smiles. "Hey."

"I'm Seungri. Nice to meet such an attractive woman like you." He reaches out for the woman's hand and kisses it. "I'm looking forward on being with you for tonight."

 

 


 

 

Jiyong drove as fast as he could to their company building. He had received a call a while ago from their CEO, Mr. Yang, ordering him to meet him at this moment. He didn't say the reason why, but Jiyong's guessing it's about their upcoming comeback, which is months away from now. Although he had been working with Mr. Yang for years, ever since he was young, there's still a little part of him that still gets intimidated by him. He didn't want to keep his boss waiting.

Within minutes, Jiyong gets to the building. He hurried to get off of his car and get to the entrance. Upon walking in, Jiyong wastes no time. He gets on the elevator and presses on the highest floor, which is where the office is located. As the lift slowly reaches the floor, Jiyong became more and more uneasy. Usually, whenever something's unpleasant is gonna happen, he could feel it in his gut.

DING!

The sound of the elevator reaching the floor made Jiyong jolt from where he's standing. He felt slightly nervous, but he's good at not showing it. Without wasting any minute, he immediately gets off and heads to the office. 

He knocks first on the door and lets himself in. "Good afternoon."

There Mr. Yang was, sitting on his chair with an unpleasant aura surrounding him.

"What did you call me for?" he asked, trying his best to keep his cool.

"Sit here," Mr. Yang said with his distinct speech manner as he pointed to the chair infront his table.

Jiyong nods and sits. 

"Why did you think I asked you to come here?" he asked with a deadpan expression.

"Well, I was thinking it was about our upcoming comeback," he said calmly.

"About your comeback, we'll discuss it soon. But this time, it's about Seungri."

Jiyong raises an eyebrow. "Seungri?"

"Do you know of his whereabouts? Rumors been spreading around with him coming to various clubs, playing with different women. Do you know about this?"

Jiyong pauses. He felt embarrassed by the fact that he didn't know Seungri's at it again. "Well, not exactly," he reluctantly said.

"Not exactly?" He raises an eyebrow. "And what do you mean by that?"

Jiyong couldn't answer. As the leader, it was his responsibility for whatever it is his bandmates are doing.

"Talk to him," he said coldly. "If I were the one to do it, I don't know what I'll be able to say to him. I'm so close to losing my temper at him."

"Right." Jiyong bows. "I apologize. I'll go talk to him."

 

 


 

 

The sturdy and stable floor on the lobby seemed like a wobbly ground for Seungri---for Seungri, who just got back home from a hotel. Morning hangovers are not very uncommon for him as it always happens almost everyday. He had enjoyed last night, and now, he has to pay for the consequences of consuming too much alcohol. 

Upon finally reaching the door, Seungri hears a quiet sigh from behind, followed by a thin, familiar voice, expressing disappointment.

"You've been drinking again?"

Seungri jumps. He turns around, only to see Jiyong standing right behind him.

"H-Hyung!" he almost shouted.

Jiyong once again lets out a quiet sigh. "Did you just got home from drinking?" 

Seungri looks away from his eyes. "W-Well.. I, uh.." he said, stammering as he looks on the ground. 

"You better stop doing that. I just got called in by Mr. Yang, and he said that I should keep an eye on you. He knows what you've been up to. He's quite pissed-off. Even at me. Rumors are spreading, you know?"

Seungri's eyes widens. "He called you in? Because of me?"

Jiyong chuckles. "Well, I'm your leader. You're my responsibility." He tousles Seungri's hair. "Just stop doing that, okay? Stop drinking too much. It's bad for your image and for your health."

Seungri pauses. He couldn't believe Jiyong's friendly and calm attitude, and how he's treating him. "Y-You're not mad at me for fooling around?"

"Well.." he said, rubbing the side of his neck. "I guess.. it's partly my fault?"

"Huh..?" he asked, utterly confused.

"You've been drinking because of me, right?"

Blood rushed up to Seungri's cheeks. He stood there, bright-red. "It's.. It's not like that.."

"Well, judging from your reaction, it seems like I'm right, am I not?" Jiyong throws in a quick smile. "But.. But please, stop doing that," he said, almost as if begging. "..I'm sorry. I'm sorry for causing you such pain that you have to go through all this. But you can't continue this anymore, alright? I'm forbidding you."

Seungri stood there not uttering a word. He stared at the ground as he quietly listens to Jiyong.

"And about that night.. To be honest, I'm really shocked. I really didn't see that coming. I mean, we've been together for so long, and I didn't know that you felt that way about me. I have no idea what to say to you-"

Seungri cuts him off. "Y-You don't have to say anything yet! I'll.. I'll give you some time to think, and whenever you've carefully decided, you can go ahead and give it to me straight, alright?" he said in a desperate manner. 

Jiyong pauses and stares at the pitiful, teary-eyed Seungri. Before continuing to speak, he takes in a deep breath. "Okay.. I will. I'll carefully think about it."

Seungri smiles in relief. "T-Thank you," he said with a shaky voice. 

 

 


 

 

Jiyong stared at the dark, cloudy night sky from his window. Strangely, were no stars that could be seen. There were only clouds, blocking everything, even the brightness of the full moon. As the wind swayed his hair and clothes, Jiyong inhales the cigarette he had been smoking for the past few minutes. Once again, he found himself stressed-out.

Suddenly, he feels a warm, soft hands slowly holding on to his waist from behind.

"I didn't know you smoke," she whispered.

Jiyong turns around and smiles. It was Kiko, who just got up from bed, not wearing anything.

"I don't. I've quit long ago."

"Then, what's that?" Kiko said as she points out to the cigarette he's holding.

Jiyong chuckles. "Well, this. This is an exemption."

"What do you mean an exemption?" She looks up to him, sticking her head out. "You know, I've noticed something about you these past few days."

"What's that?" He glances at her.

"You're always absent-minded. You keep staring at things, like you're in a deep thought. Is something bothering you? Is it about your comeback again?"

Jiyong pauses. He turns his eyes away from her and stares at the night sky. 

"Yeah.. It's about that."

 

 

 

 



I'm actually quite impressed by myself for updating this fast haha. Well, I'm afraid if I don't finish this quickly, this will go to my unfinished list of fics(which is ALOT!). So, I'm trying my best here. Hope you guys would continue supporting this 'til the end.