Fourteenth Chapter

Unconventional Love

 

 

Seungri's cheeks were almost aching. His mouth huffs out continual, lurid giggles, and he wonders if his face is now the color of an apple. Youngbae's cry for plead hollers into his ears and he laughs even more. How can a person lose this much at such simple game? He yanks the man's arm towards him, red marks all over, and he lifts his two fingers up in preparation. Youngbae tries pull away, but he pulls harder. The man shuts his eyes close, Seungri then strikes. 

"That in' hurts!" he screams in pain. 

Maybe he went a little too overboard. Youngbae was gritting his teeth, his swollen skin. 

"It's your fault for losing so much," Seungri says, fist already clenched. "Still want to continue?"

Youngbae glares. "How are you so strong with your hands like that?"

"Rock, paper, scissors!" he suddenly yells, and Youngbae doesn't have much choice but to follow.

Youngbae's two fingers were parted, and Seungri grins with his fist clenched. Your arm, he says, and he figures maybe Youngbae's already tired of asking if he's cheating, so he just does what he's asked of. Again, the man whimpers from the powerful smack, and Seungri laughs.

"Again?" he asks.

Youngbae's already too deep in it, got hit too many times, and at this point, there's not really much to lose. Seungri can't see a reason for him not to.

"Rock, paper, scissors!" Youngbae blurts; he follows.

It looks as if it hasn't sunk in yet to the thawed man, and before he could, Seungri scurries away. No way he'd wait for the pent-up Youngbae to hit him.

"Son of a !" Youngbae exclaims, standing up from being seated on the laminated floor.

He sprints towards his bedroom, and his heartbeat swifts rapidly at the gruff footsteps rushing behind him. Before he could even shut his door close, the man leaps towards him, grabs him by the shoulder and nape, and locks him into his arm.

"How dare you run away."

"Hyung!" he screams. "You're hurting me! It hurts! It hurts!"

"You little liar!" and Youngbae tightens his grip on him.

"I'm sorry!" he exclaims, trying to break out from the muscular limbs. 

He could feel Youngbae's raw breathing on his ear, chasing for air as his neck stretched to see his face. It was odd how the man's eyes seemed to falter as he turned his face to him---as if he was suddenly aware, though Seungri didn't know what of.

Sorry, Youngbae says tight-lipped, and covertly inches away from him. 

"You're lucky your arm still hasn't healed yet," he jokes swiftly and exits away. 

Weird.

 

 

 


 

 

 

"What's up with that guy?" Seunghyun says, leaning away from the thick smoke. The grill was almost filled, yet he still crams pieces of raw meat.

Daesung merely shrugs. His eyes fixed on the toasted edges of the beef, and he almost salivates from hunger.

"He's been really moody lately, don't you think?" Seunghyun throws in a questioning frown. "Did something happen?"

"I'm not really sure, Hyung," he says. "He's been really distant. I don't think he's willing to share anything with us?"

"Youngbae, too. What's up with him?" Seunghyun complains. "With Seungri, it's already a given. He needs to rest and all. But Youngbae?"

"I think it's coz he visits Seungri often?" He says, and Seunghyun squints his eyes. "There's one time where I called him, he says he's at his family's, but I heard Seungri's voice. I asked him if he's with him, but he said no."

"And he'd lie about it because?" he asks, doubtful eyes shoots at the other.

"I don't know." Daesung shrugs, and Seunghyun could only frown.

"The hell?" 

"Hyung, your phone."

"What?" and Daesung points out the phone vibrating on the table.

He glances at it, then. An unfamiliar number flashes on the screen. He picks it up nonetheless.

"Kiko?"

 

 

 


 

 

 

I am Jack's inflamed sense of rejection. Edward Norton grabs himself by the collar, hits himself, throws himself to the furniture, now his mouth was gushing red, his eyes were swollen with bruise, blood spilling from his nose, and the man in front of him was paralyzed with fear.

Seungri doesn't get it.

Why would a person go to such extremes just to be in a petty underground organization? Seungri just doesn't get it. He doesn't get the disturbed main character, he doesn't get the -maniac, soap-making alter-ego character, he doesn't get why one should not talk about Fight Club, and most of all, he doesn't get the person next to him.

Why was he like that earlier?

The movie nears to its end, and they see the half-dead narrator and Marla holding hands while the buildings across explodes. An alternative-rock music cues in, then the scene fades to black. The credits rolled, and Seungri still doesn't get it. Now he glances at Youngbae, sitting beside him a smirk on his face. It looked like he enjoyed the whole thing. Good for him.

"Hyung," he utters. Now he could talk to him.

"Now that's a good movie!" Youngbae exclaims with a satisfied smile, and Seungri just agrees.

"Hyung," he says again. 

Youngbae lifts an eyebrow in response.

Seungri was itching to ask moments ago, but now he finds himself a little hesitant.

"..Earlier," he began. "What's with you earlier? Why did you suddenly.."

Now Youngbae looks a little troubled, too.

"Suddenly what..?" he sounds him out.

"You just.." he mumbles. "You suddenly.. I don't know, ran away?"

He worries it's too vague, but it seems Youngbae knows exactly what he's talking about. Does the shift of his positions indicates so? The man's eyes wavers for a moment, and now his hand's on his nape. He waits patiently, but it takes a while before he hears a sound escape from his mouth.

"I'm.. I'm sorry," Youngbae says.

He got to admit, it wasn't the words  he was expecting to hear. What was he even apologizing for?

"Last time.." he says, seems like he's too careful. "We drank, right?" and now his stare glues anywhere but his eyes. "You had too much, and you kinda told me something."

Something? Now there's definitely something crawling in his gut. Maybe it really is a bad idea to drink.

 

 

 


 

 

Jiyong checks his watch; more than an hour, huh? He then leans on the leather steering wheel with heavy sigh.

Should he just go ahead and knock on his door?

 

 


 

 

 

"You love Jiyong, right?"

Maybe Seungri already saw it coming. There were already lingering feelings of regret, he just doesn't know why---or maybe he's just in denial. Who knows. Maybe he remembers, but maybe he's still hoping it didn't really happen. But still, he feels like something clutched him on the neck, and he couldn't breathe out a single word. 

"I'm sorry," Youngbae says.

It takes a little while, but he manages to muster out; "..What for?" he says and he airs out an awkward chuckle. 

Youngbae was silent, and so was he. 

"Are you disgusted?" 

Perhaps it's a little too daunting. Youngbae gives a sudden jerk of his head, and he frowns at him.

"Of course not."

"Then why were you like that earlier?" Seungri couldn't stop himself. "You think I'll go for anyone just as long as it's a guy?"

"N-No," Youngbae's voice raises a little. "Of course not! I was just.." and his eyes wobbles for a second. "I was just.. I'm sorry.."

Seungri couldn't really blame him, can he? He knows, he understands, it's his fault for falling for a man he's been friends with for so long. It's only a natural reaction for a person who's in the same position, isn't it? Seungri understands but he couldn't stop his mouth.

"You've been visiting me here lately," he says. "At first I was wondering why. You were never like this before. Even coming here to bring me breakfast." He chuckles. "So that's why.. you knew and you pity me, don't you?"

Youngbae doesn't even try to deny it, and now Seungri's wondering if he's really that pitiful.

"I'm sorry.." Youngbae says; Seungri feels a twinge from the man's glum eyes.

"No, I'm sorry, Hyung," he huffs out. "You were just looking out for me."

Youngbae smiles tight-lipped, and he tousles the boy's head. He smiles back, then it's silence once again. Silence, but it wasn't the uncomfortable one.

Then, the doorbell rings.

 

 

 

 



Update took really long, right? Apologies. This fic is supposed to be under the process of editing, but.. I got lazy and just edited until the third chapter.. Guess I'll bring all the chapters back and edit it bit by bit.

Anyway, I just want to share this one to you guys; to be honest, didn't really expect this fic to drag out this long. Actually, I was planning on ending it right after this chapter, but last night, I was up 'til morning thinking about it. I've come up with lots of ideas, and I think I'd really drag this one out more. lol. 

So yeah.. hope you guys would support me 'til the end. ^  ^