Chapter 2

Strangers At Heart

Chapter 2

 

“Kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss”

The two individuals stared at each other in pure awkwardness with their guests chanting in the background.

Honestly, they still hasn’t snap out of the whole ‘I do’ process blur and here they are, staring at each other while trying to figure out the whole wedding kiss bit.

Mark was mentally scolding himself for being such a helpful idiot because now, they both are stuck in a very awkward situation.

Jackson, on the other hand was breaking out in sweats when he noticed his elated mom watching and waiting for that kiss.

“Mark.” Jackson whispered, calling out to his so called ‘wife’ now which instantly earned the older attention.

“Just stay still.” Jackson mouthed, signalling the other before taking a step closer and placing his lips on Mark’s forehead, leaving the other stunned and his guests cheering.

“Sorry.” Jackson mouthed again once he pulled away, smiling sheepishly at the blushing Mark who just nodded in return, trying to hide his pink cheeks.

Apart from that whole awkward process, the whole event went by smoothly since there wasn’t much guests anyway, just some of Jackson’s acquaintances and clients excluding Jaebum, Youngjae and the Wang pair.

Mark just had to stick by Jackson side, bowing and greeting for a bit  while letting the younger do all the talking.

It was already planned that after the event, Jackson would bring Bambam to their villa that he had personally brought for their new start so by the time the car arrived to pick up the newlyweds, things started getting awkward again.

“Go ahead, boys. We will see you tomorrow.” Mrs Wang exclaimed, smiling at her dear sons before waving them off.

They exchanged looks, knowing it’s best to just bring the older pair along instead of letting them stayed in the hotel for another night since afterall, Jackson’s parents will be here for a week.

“Ma, why don’t you follow us along? You can see the new villa with Yi En, right?” Jackson coaxed his mom before signalling to the older for some help.

“Yes, Ma. Let’s see the place together.” Mark agreed, joining his ‘husband’ who was busy pouting at the older lady.

Mrs Wang smiled, seeing at how her boy is still clingy even after being married.

“Alright, let’s go.” Mrs Wang gave in, waving at Jaebum and Youngjae before joining her sons in the backseat while her husband took the seat beside the driver.

Thanks to Jackson’s parents, the whole ride wasn’t as awkward as Mark expected since Mrs Wang was busy sharing stories about the younger childhood days that turn out to be pretty interesting.

When they finally reached the villa, just like his parents, Mark was just as taken aback as they were with the beautiful villa that greeted them.

As he walked through the villa corridor, Mark could see that Jackson put so much into making this place, special.

“He really loves him a lot.” Mark thought to himself, smiling as he watches the younger busy dragging his mom into the living room area.

“Yi En.” Mrs Wang called out, patting the empty space beside her on the couch while Jackson was already seated on her other side.

“Yi En, I know my son here can be quite a handful and he might make silly mistakes here and there but I hope you know that his love for you is unconditionally. Take good care of each other and always be by each other side.” Mrs Wang said, smiling sweetly as she hold on to Mark’s hand before pulling him into a bear hug.

Mark could only smile, those words wasn’t meant for him but at least he knows that he managed to put a smile on Mrs Wang’s face today, that what matter most.

“Gaga, be good to Yi En. Count yourself lucky that you met such a wonderful person. Don’t ever make him cry or regret this marriage, he deserve all of your love.” Mrs Wang reminds her son, ruffling Jackson’s hair before hugging him too.

“Yes, Ma. I will.” Jackson replied, smiling as he look at the older with pure gratefulness because if Mark didn’t help out today, his mom wouldn’t be this happy right now.

"Dear, let's head upstairs to rest.” Mr Wang suggested, knowing that his wife and the boys are probably tired out from today's event.

Mrs Wang nodded in agreement before Jackson accompanied her up the stairs while Mark help his father in law with their luggages in the living room.

“Yi En.” Mr Wang approached after seeing how his wife was out of earshot, causing Mark to put down the luggages and give the elder his full attention.

“I heard from Gaga about everything, I really wanna thank you for helping him out. I never see my wife that happy before. Thank you so much, son. I hope that Ka Yee won't make you regret this decision.” Mr Wang thanked from the bottom of his heart, couldn’t be anymore grateful to a stranger who's willing to help just for the sake of his wife.

"No, sir. I want to thank you and your wife for being so welcoming towards me. I'm happy that I can help.” Mark replied, smiling at the elder whose looking at him in pure admiration.

“You are welcome, son and don't call me that. Call me Pa from now on.” Mr Wang remind Mark who instantly nodded before they start moving the luggages.

By the time the pair entered their shared bedroom, awkwardness returned which cause Jackson to quickly excuse himself for the shower which followed by the older after he was done.

Both of them end up sitting on the edge of the bed in dead silence after their respective shower, both unsure on what to talk about.

“What are you working has?” Jackson questioned, trying to break the silence that was killing him.

Jackson remembered that one hour they managed to chat earlier after the whole meeting his mom fiasco before Mark was dragged away from him.

All he knows about the other was his full name, Mark Yi En Tuan and that he was two years older than Jackson.

His parents is Taiwanese which explained the fluent Mandarin but he grew up in LA which explained the fluent English.

He is pretty much in a blur at the other details so why not take the chance to get to know more now.

“I work at Moonlight Catering.” Was Mark short replied, leaving the part that he owns it out like usual.

“Of course, that was how we met.. “Jackson exclaimed, mentally smacking himself for asking something rather obvious

“Do you have anything you want to ask me?” Jackson questioned, finding it weird that the older doesn’t seem to be curious about anything.

“What about you, your job?” Mark asked out of courtesy since he doesn’t want to appear uninterested towards the younger, it’s just he wasn’t the type to question people’s life.
 
“I owned a business together with the two earlier at the wedding and those two.” Mark nodded, understanding who Jackson was referring too especially those two that caused his expression to drop at a mere mention of them.

Once again, a pause appears as both run out of things to say since they are still dealing with the after effects of today’s event.

Who would had thought that two stranger ended up married out of pure kindness, it was an era that kindness was rare after all.

“Are you always this quiet?” Jackson asked, breaking the silence again as he stare at the quiet older beside him.

“Is it a bad thing?” Mark asked back, wondering is it really that wrong to be quiet.

“I'm fine with doing all the talking.” Jackson replied, shrugging since he didn’t really had much problem with the quietness, he was just more used to loud and talkative people like his circle of friends including his ex.

“You really don't mind?” Mark asked again, surprised since people always find him too boring or too awkward to be with including Jinyoung, even though the younger never did complain much about it throughout the years.

“Do you want me to mind?” Jackson teased, finding the older rather interesting since he never see someone before asking if he gonna mind something about them on their first day meeting.

Mark shook his head, looking at the floor while mentally smiling to himself.

”Then, I don't see why I should mind.” Jackson replied, smiling as he was about to get up to grab a pillow and blanket but then, he heard faint whispering coming from outside their bedroom door.

“Did you hear that?” Jackson asked curiously, looking at  Mark who nodded after a bit, clearly hearing faint whispering between the elder pair.

“You wanna mess with them?” Jackson questioned, smirking at the thought of teasing especially his Ma.

“What? No.” Mark replied, shaking his head at the idea but it seems like the younger won’t take no as an answer when he grabbed on to his arm.

“You don't have any option.” Jackson smirked, pulling off the black tank top he had on with his free hand before dragging the complaining older to the door.

“Yes, Ma. Do you need us for something?” Jackson greeted the elder lady who was surprised when her son suddenly swing the door open, topless with her son in law who's peeking shyly from behind her Gaga.

“No, we are heading to bed now. Have a wonderful night.” Mrs Wang waved them off, flustered before rushing off towards her bedroom, leaving behind her amused son and husband while Mark mentally facepalm himself.

“Don't worry, we will.” Jackson hollered out, making sure she heard him before his Pa smack the back of his head for messing with his mother.

“Yi En, please control this boy.” Mr Wang ordered the older, sharing a satisfied smile with Mark before returning back to his bedroom.

Mark shook his head, eyeing Jackson whose happily closing the door before putting on his tank top again.

“What? Who say we can't keep things as real as possible? If we can't avoid it, why not just enjoy it.” Jackson defended himself when he feel those eyes on him before continuing his way to the couch after getting the blanket and pillow, positioning himself comfortably on it.

“What a troll.” Mark muttered, sighing as he took a seat back on the bed while looking at the younger on the couch.

“Hey, you can’t find a troll this good looking anywhere. Appreciate it.” Jackson commented back which caused Mark to actually fully smile at the smartass reply.

“I’m going to sleep now. Good night.” Jackson exclaimed, smiling to himself as he watches the beautiful smile on the older face before closing his eyes.

“Good night.” Mark wished back, awkwardly getting into bed while feeling bad since the younger had to sleep on the couch because of him.

“By the way Mark, you should smile more often. It looks good on you.” Jackson commented, eyes still close before he turn his back towards the older who was just staring at him, surprise to hear those words.

Mark smile to himself as he laid down, he didn’t know why those words make him feel better but he was thankful to Jackson for saying it.

His thoughts slowly floated back to Jinyoung who somehow managed to stomped all over his heart once again, today.

Mark accepted the fact that he got dumped was because he failed to be the boyfriend that the younger wanted but what he didn’t understand was why Jinyoung did that to his own best friend and it didn’t help that he and Bambam had cheated behind his and Jackson’s back for these past two years.

He wondered if he was that lacking that Jinyoung had to find someone else to satisfy his wants and needs that badly.

With so many depressing thoughts floating in his head, Mark could feel his tears that threatening to fall but he already promised himself, not to cry anymore and so, he quickly wipe it away before trying to force himself to sleep.

It took Mark a while but he finally managed to drift off to sleep and peaceful silence engulfed the room with faint snoring coming from Jackson.

At around three in the morning, Mark was awaken by the sound of sobbing coming from the couch.

He slowly got up and approach the sleeping figure and to his surprise, Jackson was crying in his sleep and that just makes his heart aches for the younger.

He couldn’t even imagine the pain that Jackson was going through but it was enough to make him cries in his sleep.

Mark squatted down before reaching out to wipe those tears before it drip down to the pillow,  going ahead to his hair in order to soothe the sobbing down.

Without realizing, the sound of those painful sobs caused Mark’s own tears to drop as the night he spend crying non stop replayed in his mind.

The younger was going through that same pain he did, a week ago but it was even harder because he had to act everything was fine the whole day because of his beloved mother.

Indeed, acting that you are fine when everything already came crashing down is in fact the hardest out of all things.

Of course Mark would know because he had spend all his life hiding every single pain, acting like as if nothing bothered or affected him in anyway because he hates worrying anyone especially his family.

“Mark.” Jackson exclaimed in a hoarse voice, surprised to see the older crying without realizing his own tears stained face.

Mark didn’t say anything instead he just pulled the younger into a hug, tears continue to pour out while the lost Jackson keep on patting the older back, comforting him.

“I’m sorry.” Mark apologized as he pulled away after the tears stopped, feeling embarrassed that he end up breaking down in front of Jackson.

 Jackson smile, shaking his head before touching his own face, finally realizing that he had been crying before too.

“Did I..” Jackson tried to confirmed which earned him a small nod from Mark who was looking at the floor, now already seating beside the younger on the couch.

“We are fools, aren’t we?” Jackson commented, smiling bitterly at the thought of blindly loving someone to the extent of dismissing their every flaw.

“Maybe, a fool enough to fall for their everything.” Mark replied, sharing that bitter smile with Jackson who just nodded in agreement.

+++++++++++++

As the sun lights up the dark and cozy room, Mark was awaken by the buzzing coming from his phone beside his pillow.

With eyes still half close, he reached for the device and check on the text that just got in.

From: Henry

Good morning, Boss. I just wanna update you on the cookies, we managed to bake three hundred pieces last night so it's all good. You don't worry about the fair, get some rest today. See you :)

Mark smiled, feeling relief that they managed to replaced the cupcakes for the charity fair, thanks to his hardworking staffs and manager.

Seeing it's already almost seven on his phone screen, Mark decided to get up for the day while making sure he won't wake up the younger in the process of slipping out of bed.

After the whole crying mess just now, Mark had invited Jackson to join him on the bed since it's far more comfortable and he admits it, he like the fact that he can fall asleep with just someone laying by his side.

By the time he climbed downstairs, Mark was greeted by the sight of his parents in law chatting happily at the dining table.

“Good morning.” Mark greeted which earned greetings back from the pair before Mrs Wang signaled to join them at the table, pouring a cup of coffee for Mark.

“Thank you.” Mark thanked, smiling before sipping on the very inviting cup of coffee, he really need it in the morning.

“You are up early, sweetheart. Don’t you need more rest?” Mrs Wang asked, worrying about her son in law since the younger did seems a bit tired out.

“No Ma, I’m good.” Mark assured, earning a nod from the elder lady before she continue to finished off her cup.

“You want to get going, dear before the big baby wakes up and whine for breakfast?” Mr Wang questioned his wife as he got up to clear their empty cups into the sink.

“Sure. Yi En, we are heading to the market for groceries. Will you be fine until we get back with breakfast?” Mrs Wang answered before directing her worries to Mark.

“Can I follow along?” Mark asked back, didn’t want to stay in the villa alone with an asleep Jackson upstairs.

With that being said, Mrs Wang agrees to bring Mark along but instead Mr Wang ended up staying since they need someone to be home in case their baby wakes up and go into frenzy trying to find someone.

It takes around an hour for the new mother and son pair to shopped for everything before returning to Mr Wang enjoying the morning news while Jackson still in dreamland.

Not wanting to disturb Jackson’s rest, they went ahead to have breakfast without him while having small chits - chats, Mark mostly doing the listening to the pair stories.

When lunch finally come around, Mark had volunteered to help Ma with the cooking since she’s planning to cooked up chinese style dishes including dumpling soup which happen to be his favourite and Jackson’s according to his mother.

Where else back in their bedroom, Jackson was awaken by the annoying buzzing coming from a device on the bed stand.

With a groan, he rolled over lazily before grabbing the handphone to realize it wasn’t his but Mark’s instead, he had saw the older using it yesterday.

He was about to get up and looked for the older but got  curious when he saw the name on the notification.

“Jinyoung?” Jackson muttered in surprised, rubbing his eyes just to make sure he was seeing the correct name.

Without realizing, his finger tapped on the notification which opened up the text that just got in.

From: Jinyoung

Clear up my stuffs and send it over to my Mom’s place. I don’t want to come back to that apartment.

Jackson feels his blood rise as he read the shameless text, how dare he ordered the older around when he was the jerk.

He quickly placed the device back to it’s original place before heading for the shower, he needs to calm himself down or he might just start hunting for his so called best friend’s head this instant.

After his refreshing shower, Jackson quickly puts on his outfit for the day before making his way, downstairs.

As he skipped down the stairs, he could clearly see his Ma happily chatting with Mark at the dining table, making dumplings while his dad helping with cutting the vegetables.

“Good morning.” Jackson greeted happily, giving his parents a morning kiss before unconsciously kissing Mark too before taking a seat beside the older.

Mrs Wang awed at the cute sight while Mark froze up, turning to look at Jackson who immediately realize what he just did.

Both awkwardly staring at each other while Mr Wang secretly smile at his son unconscious action which was out of habit.

“Gaga, can you help Yi En with the soup while I get other things done here?” Mrs Wang ordered, passing the two plates full of dumpling over to her sons.

Jackson nodded before trailing after Mark as they headed to the kitchen located not to far from the dining area, a pot of boiling soup waiting for them.

“Sorry.” Jackson apologized as they put in the dumplings into the pot, glancing over at the focus older beside him.

Mark just nodded, not really knowing what to say since it was obvious that the kiss was unintentionally.

“Just a head up though, I might do weird skinship unintentionally.” Jackson warned, thinking that it’s important for the older to be aware since he does have quite a skinship habit.

“Got it.” Mark replied, nodding while finding the younger weird but it’s weird how he find Jackson’s weirdness somehow addictive.

Jackson smiled, humming happily as he stirred the soup once all the dumplings are in while watching the older washed the plates.

The older couldn’t help but to feel a bit awkward when he realize the younger was staring at him.

“Is there anything wrong?” Mark asked, looking at Jackson before focusing back on the soup once he's done drying his hand with the towel.

“Can I hug you?” Jackson suddenly asked, surprising the older who could only look at him, surprised.

“It’s fine, just forget it.” Jackson exclaimed before walking away, embarrassed since he don’t even understand why he asked that anyway, it’s just Mark’s hug seems just too comfortable last night.

Mark who didn’t understand why but he thought that Jackson might needed that hug so he slowly approached the younger whose walking away before back hugging him, surprising Jackson this time round.

“Thank you.” Jackson whispered, not understanding what he is thanking for but he was grateful to have that pair of hand wrapped around him at this moment.

The older wasn’t sure but having the younger in his arms seems so natural to him when usually he wasn’t the type to initiate skinship first.

Without them realizing, Jackson’s parents was watching that beautiful sight and at that moment Mr Wang believe there is a reason why things happened yesterday, it was to send a match made in heaven for his only son.

The very angel that cause his beloved wife to have the happiest smile on her face as she watches them.


A/N: Hi, thank you so much for  the love that was shown for chapter 1, hope this update won't dissapoint

you guys and share with me your thoughts on it :)

BIG THANKS TO wang00girl2, kawaii_zelo, aliyah, mr_johnnie, leahmarie, MidnightWolf, niya05, TheCyberCho, Mikoya, LoveDance, LCBLuvsKpop, citriaokta, tobeperfect, CandyNerd2001, ngoway, letty123, kimminah89, shinee1997, SophieLaricks, TheSilentLion, ollyyyy, illover, leeminholover, empresspenguin, AnnaLys, Cecemin, amialive, helloim33, haydeear,  mzfeida, crimsonpeach, kpopbond, Sugarcude, ABobana, prettygirl20, mirijr, skitty26, Lindylinn, Kapio138, gabunia25, YuuYuu, suesulong, Emarkjin, KPop_Angel7, Shutenshi, Hanniebabe, TaecChan, Liiine, Kimin07, snowberry, candypunch, akmanafeera91, bby_tigz, fierylilacxx, pinkiebaby91, Lordotakus, Syazwaniq, Shuliet, melover, Puzzlepiece98, Huien123, YoeSoo, nuyzi1, fell-asleep-in-class, Dawne_S, minhofan32101, uyonah, dino21, nochichii, amelia14, Amaiyume, Emma603, Lyla_HoNeybaby, xrainbowsplashx, byungmaakson, angel-with-a-shotgun, Randomonium, ebonylight, cj_hd_, Tiger5 and dricasxx94 FOR SUBSCRIBING!

 

PS: 81 SUBBIES and 5 UPVOTES, thank you so much guys :)
 

PSS: Here a little fanvid that I recently upload on YT for a treat, enjoy :)
 

<3 InfinitelyCassie