Chapter 10

Strangers At Heart

Chapter 10

“Wake up, sleepyhead”

Mark whispered into Jackson’s ear before rubbing his nose against the younger’s like every other morning causing a smile to appear on the younger’s face.

“I’m lazy, let’s sleep more.” Jackson pouted, eyes half open before he pulled the older by the neck into his arms again, snuggling on the chuckling Mark tighter.

“It’s already nine, silly. Ma and Pa is probably waiting for us.” Mark exclaimed after pecking the pout away, staring at the younger’s handsome features and thinking about lucky he was to have Jackson as his now.

It’s already been over a month since they got ‘official’, things working out wonderfully for them especially with the support they received from both their families especially Mr Wang whose glad things actually turned ‘real’ for them.

“Aren’t I flawless like always?” Jackson teased, pulling Mark out of his thoughts as he grinned at the older before kissing Mark’s forehead.

Mark rolled his eyes while smiling before pinching the younger’s cheeks for being so full of himself which instantly earned whines from Jackson.

“Hurry up, I’m hungry.” Mark exclaimed, sticking his tongue out at the complaining Jackson after he let go before jumping out of bed and escaping into the bathroom.

By the time they make it downstairs, Jackson was obviously sulking at the older that even Mrs Wang noticed when they arrived at the dining table.

“Ma, Yi En bullied me.” Jackson complained like a child at the sight of his mother, glaring at his amused Dimsum who took a seat beside him.

“Good job, sweetheart. You probably deserve it.” Mrs Wang praised her son in law before directing the last part to her son who could only stare in disbelief before dropping his head on the table dramatically.

“Life is hard.” Jackson sighed dramatically while looking at his mother busy scooping two fresh bowl of seafood porridge for  them.

“Stop being such a drama king, Mandu. Eat up.” Mark scolded lightly after saying ‘thank you’ to his mother in law who just smile in return before taking a seat again back beside her son who by now was enjoying his porridge.

“What time is your parents arriving, Yi En?” Mr Wang questioned in between their scoops, bring a conversation in to break the peaceful silent surrounding them.

“They should be arriving in a few hours, Pa.” Mark answered after checking the clock, counting the hours from the time his dad called before boarding their plane.

“I’m so excited to meet them, let’s pick them up from the airport together.” Mrs Wang exclaimed, excited to finally meet the in laws for the first time, she is sure that they are great people just from seeing how Mark grown up to be.

“Actually Ma, my dad requested for Gaga to pick them up and further more, we will need to go shopping for ingredients for the barbeque later, tonight.” Mark said, smiling at how Jackson instantly froze up upon hearing how he needs to go to the airport alone, facing his in law.

“You aren’t going with me?” Jackson blurted out in english, freaking out at the fact he will be facing the Tuan pair alone without  his parents nor Mark.

“Of course not, Gaga. He needs to accompany me.” Mrs Wang answered in same old mandarin like how they had been talking earlier, not affected by her son breaking out in random english.

“But...but...but…” Jackson rambled on in english, not making any sense which caused Mr Wang to shake his head at his poor son while Mark and Mrs Wang just shared an amused smile.

“Don’t worry, Mandu. You will do just fine.” Mark decided to calm down the younger by ruffling his hair after seeing how Jackson is having a total mental breakdown.

Jackson stare at the older, knowing that no matter what he needs to impress the older’s parents like how Mark did with his from the start because if not, who knows they might take away his Dimsum back to LA with them.

+++++++++++++


It was hard, super hard trying to calm down his nervous heart as he watches people one by one exiting while trying to look out for his parents in law that he had taken the time to look at their pictures earlier just so that he can recognize them.

He tapped his feet, getting anxious as he waited but when he finally saw the familiar faces, he froze up a bit  since he didn’t know how to approach them, unaware that a pair with a little girl and a big trolley full of luggages approaching him instead.

“Jackson Wang.” A deep mature voice was heard, pulling him out of his dazed as he turned to come face to face with Mr Tuan who was staring at him, properly judging him hard.

“Yes, I’m Jackson. Nice to meet you, Dad, Mom.” Jackson blurted out, intimidated by the older in front of him as he bowed to the pair, Mrs Tuan smiles at the poor kid thanks to her husband scary vibe.

“Mr Tuan. I’m not your Dad.” Mr Tuan stated firmly with a pokerface which caused Jackson to just nod, too scared to say anything before he turned to smile nervously at his mother in law and the little girl hiding behind her.

“Aren’t you going say hi to Uncle, sweetie?” Mrs Tuan exclaimed, looking at the adorable girl peeking at Jackson before she wave a bit upon her grandma’s words.

Jackson smile at seeing that cutie, somehow she reminds him of Mark a lot who always so shy and awkward but too cute to overlook, she will just caught your eyes somehow.

He crouched down in front of the little girl before waving, saying ‘hi’ to what he assumed would be Mark’s niece since he did remember the older telling him about his cute niece back home.

“How old are you, sweetie?” Jackson asked, smiling at her before she slowly raised up four fingers and returning his smile, causing him to internally squeal at the cuteness.

Without Jackson realizing the older pair shared a smile, knowing clearly that Mark picked the right one this round and that their son are in good hands.
“Let’s go, I can’t wait to see Mark.” Mrs Tuan suggested, earning a nod before he took over pushing the trolley from the older Tuan before awkwardly leading them to his car

It was really an awkward drive back home especially with his father in law seated beside him, he didn’t even dare to open his mouth and say anything  because knowing him, he is bound to say something weird.

“We are here.” Jackson announced, smiling to the pair as he parked his car before alighting quickly to unload their luggages from the boot.

He really hoped that Mark and his parents are already back from grocery shopping because he would just die in awkwardness if he had to be alone with the couple any longer.

The Tuan pair was indeed amazed at how beautiful the villa is as they trailed after Jackson towards the front door, it must be wonderful to live here especially with the magnificent view surrounding them.

Jackson pushed the bell for someone to answer the door since he noticed that the light was on, signalling that his saviours are indeed already back.

“Gaga.” Mr Wang greeted his son as he opened the door before turning towards who he assumed was the in laws, nodding his head in respect before inviting them in.

“Mom, Dad.” Mark’s high pitched voice was heard as he appeared from the kitchen direction with Mrs Wang, instantly pulling his parents in for a hug, it’s been over a year since he last saw them.

Jackson and his parents smile at the beautiful sight, he never see Mark this happy and excited before.

“Uncle Mark.” The little girl squealed, seeing her favourite uncle before she jumped right into his arms the moment Mark let go of his parents.

“Hey cupcake, I miss you.” Mark exclaimed, kissing his niece’s squishy cheeks as he carried her in his arms, causing the shy girl from before to giggled in pure happiness.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Jackson’s mother.” Mrs Wang greeted before the parents started exchanging greeting and they somehow make their way into the living to continue their chat in full blast mandarin while the pair busy playing with Mark’s niece.

“She is so cute.” Jackson commented as he watches the girl munch away the cookie in her hold while Mark just smile, never seen the younger this smitten before.

“Isn’t she? You should see the younger one, she is a chatterbox.” Mark exclaimed, remembering about his youngest niece who likes to babble away in her baby language.

“I wish I have a daughter too, should we?” Jackson teased, raising his eyebrows playfully at Mark who just smack the back of his head when his niece was distracted by her strawberry milk.

“Dimsum, I’m just playing.” Jackson pouted, of course  it’s not possible to have their own child since Mark can’t bear him one being a man.

“You deserve it for being a troll.” Mark defended himself before sticking his tongue out at the younger who only sobbed dramatically before stealing one of the cookie in the packet and munch on it angrily.
Mark shake his head at Jackson’s antics before he heard Mrs Wang calling for him, talking about how they need to do preparation for the barbeque.

“Cupcake, I need to go now. Listen to Uncle Jackson, alright?” Mark informed, patting her head  which earned him a cute nod before he sneak a peck on Jackson’s cheek behind the little girl, reminding the younger to take good care of his niece.

Jackson grinned at the peck before continue enjoying the cookies, watching the girl totally immersed in eating her cookie.

“Uncle Ja..ck..son.”The girl called out, stumbling with his name in the process which just make him melt even more at that cuteness.

“Yes, sweetie.” Jackson replied, thinking that she might want another piece so he grabbed one which only caused the cutie beside him to shake her head.

“I’m full.” She exclaimed grinning, stained with cookie crumbs before she finished up her box of milk and presenting Jackson with an empty one.

Jackson chuckled, receiving the empty box with a ‘thank you’ before wiping and hands with a wet  tissue that Mark had prepared before he started giving out the cookies.

“Do you want to play outside?” Jackson asked, causing the girl to shake her head before she pointed at her hello kitty backpack.

He nodded, helping her climb down the chair before she run towards it, coming back a few minutes later with a pack of giant crayons and colouring books.

“Colour!” She exclaimed excitedly which cause Jackson to nod before he decided to bring her over to the living room, colouring at the coffee table would probably be easier for her.

Jackson chuckled at seeing how he is colouring disney princess right now with his sweetie, the things he do for this cutie.

“Uncle Jackson, is this pretty?” She asked, showing her fully coloured Ariel proudly to him which caused him to give a thumbs up and patted her head lovingly like Mark did earlier.

She giggled happily before unexpectedly hugging Jackson, surprising him with the sudden hug but he couldn’t be any happier.

It soon ended up with his sweetie seating in his lap as they colour away many pretty princesses, totally in their own world.

The fathers who were chatting away not far from them could not  help but to smile watching Jackson interacting with the child, it was such a pleasant sight  to witness at how fatherly he is especially for Mr Wang.

“You raised him well, he is such a sweet boy.” Mr Tuan praised his son in law causing Mr Wang to smile proudly, he was glad that the in laws are pleased with his wonderful son.

“Thank you, you raised Yi En well too. If it wasn’t for him, our family wouldn’t be this happy right now.” Mr Wang thanked, knowing clearly that if Mark didn’t join their family, both his wife and son will be in despair even up until now.

Mr Tuan smiled, knowing clearly what the other meant and he was glad that Mark’s decision actually changed their life for the better, of course he was shocked when he first heard about this marriage from his son but seeing the result now, he is sure Mark is truly happy now.

Meanwhile in the kitchen, Mrs Tuan couldn’t help but to chuckled watching her granddaughter playing with her son in law causing Mark whose chopping the vegetables to be curious before he join in and peek in with his mom.

Mark smiled at the adorable sight especially at how they both had that serious expression on their face with their lips puckering out, concentrating on colouring.

“Ma.” Mark called out  to his mother in law before the older lady join in, squealing at the sight before she pulled out her phone.

“I need to capture this adorable sight.” Mrs Wang exclaimed, taking a picture while Mark and Mrs Tuan chuckled at the other cuteness, just like her son.

 

+++++++++++++

 

“Yi En, go ahead and rest. You had been helping out from earlier.” Mrs Wang exclaimed, earning nods from his mom and the fathers before Mrs Tuan pushed her son lightly out of the barbeque pit area.

Mark sighed in defeat, letting the parents do the barbecuing before he seated himself at one of the bench, eyes watching Jackson playing with his cupcake by the pool.

“Mark.” Mr Tuan’s voice was heard before he took a seat beside his son who smiled at him, glad to see his elder still bright and healthy like always.

“Do you have something to tell me, Dad?” Mark questioned when he realized the older seem to be in deep thoughts, like as if he was deciding something.

“Actually, Yugyeom’s parents came over to our house a few days ago, to apologize for what happened here.” Mr Tuan exclaimed, decided to just go for it because he do own his son an apology.

“Oh..” Mark exclaimed, nodding as he didn’t know what else to say about that walking nightmare anymore because Yugyeom seriously has some issue going on.

“I’m sorry, son. I didn’t know that would happened, if I had...I wouldn’t had given him your address. It just that I thought he really had changed after five years when he said that he just wanted to meet and apologized for his wrong doing towards you in the past so I gave him that chance but…” Mr Tuan trailed off, feeling really guilty for letting that innocent face and sweet voice fooled him again which ended up causing his Mark pain again.

Mark smile weakly, knowing that his father meant well by doing so, it was just Yugyeom who took advantage of that chance given to him.

“It’s fine, Dad. Don’t dwell on it, what’s important that I’m alright. Jackson saved me in time.” Mark said, pulling his dad into a hug, cheering up the guilt stricken older.

“You don’t need to worry now, Mark. His parents had already sent him off to get treated, he apparently had developed some kind of personality disorder due to his brother’s death.” Mr Tuan assured, giving his son a small smile while Mark nodded, praying that everything goes well for Yugyeom because really, it’s a waste to see somebody so bright and bubbly to suffer that kind of disorder.

“Dear..” Mrs Tuan called out, signalling to her husband for some help causing the father son moment to end before his dad headed for his mom’s direction.

“Uncle Mark!” The cheery voice called out causing Mark to turn towards the source, his wet cupcake running up to him with Jackson trailing at the back.

“Did you had fun, cupcake?” Mark questioned, pulling out the towel nearby before drying the giggling girl who nodded at his question.

Jackson who was about to take a seat beside Mark heard his phone ringing which cause him to quickly excused himself and pick up the call.

Once dried, he wrapped her in a dried towel to protect her from the chilly breeze before she was seated on his lap, resting her back on his chest while she played with Mark’s fingers.

“Cupcake, do you like Uncle Jackson?” Mark tried asking, seeing at how she was comfortable with the younger this whole time.

“Yes.” She replied, nodding shyly before hiding her face away from Mark, giggling to herself.

“Why?” Mark asked again, sensing something weird gonna pop up in this conversation just from the way she giggled.

“Pretty.” She replied again, pointing to herself before grinning, pointing at the princess swimsuit she had on.

“Like princess.” She continued which caused Mark to smiled, rolling his eyes at how he didn’t expect that coming from his Mandu.

“Sweetie, do you wanna a drink?” Mrs Tuan’s voice was heard causing the little girl to nod before she jumped out of Mark’s lap, running off to her grandma.

“Hey..” Jackson greeted as he appeared after the phone call, plopping down right beside Mark with his hand around the older’s shoulder.

“You know, I’m pretty such flirting with a four years old is illegal.” Mark teased, closing the gap between them as he rested his head on Jackson’s shoulder.

Jackson laughed, remembering about the ‘pretty like a princess’ line he said to the other’s niece earlier.

“What can I say if she is as pretty as her uncle?” Jackson teased, kissing the older’s head before he was smacked playful on the arm by an annoyed Mark which caused him to laugh again.

Mark smiled upon hearing that hyena laughter that he will never grow tired off.

“You know, JB just told me that he managed to find a replacement for Jinyoung.” Jackson informed after a silent pause, a hint of seriousness clear in his voice.

“That’s good, at least your workload will be lesser now.” Mark commented, knowing it’s good for everyone in the company since after Jinyoung suddenly quit a week after the incident over at his store, Jackson had been swamped up with work.

“Yup, if only I owned a company like you…” Jackson sighed, resting his head on older’s while Mark rolled his eyes, since he confessed to  Jackson about owning the catering, the younger would always sighed about owning a company when in reality he does, it just that he co-owned it with Jaebum and Bambam.

“Whatever, you owned that studio so stop complaining or you gonna sleep in the living room for the rest of the week.” Mark warned, glaring playful at the younger who only pouted in defeat.

“Boys, let’s eat.” Mrs Wang called out, causing the pair to answer simultaneously before they approached the table area when all the deliciousness is waiting for them.

It was a wonderful dinner as they chatted away like one big family, once dinner ended Mrs Tuan had requested Mark to get his niece ready for bed while Jackson had help out with the cleaning up process.

By the time Mark had put his niece to sleep over in their room, he climbed down to see the parents are gathered in the living room while Jackson just walked out of the kitchen in time, bumping into him.

“Boys.” Mr Tuan called out seriously, signalling for the pair to join them over at the couch which they quickly complied especially after seeing how the atmosphere suddenly turn tense and serious.

“We need to talk and I’m gonna be straightforward..” Mr Tuan started, earning nods from the pair after they exchanged looks with each other.

“I don’t approve of Jackson and I want you to come back with us to LA.” Mr Tuan continued which shocked them both especially Mark  because it doesn’t make sense for his dad to dislike Jackson.

“What? No, I’m staying here.” Mark exclaimed, rejecting the idea straight away because he won’t leave his Mandu no matter what.

“No, you are coming with us.” Mr Tuan replied with a pokerface, not listening to his son’s words.

“I can’t, I can’t leave behind a guy that loves me for me. A guy that embraced my imperfection with open arms and make me feel like a human again.  A human being that deserved to be loved and pampered like everyone else.

I don’t know how you see him, Dad but for me, he perfected me.” Mark said, unknowingly spilling out his inner feeling something that he rarely does which cause Jackson to stare at him, stunned by those touching words.

Mrs Tuan and Mrs Wang awed at the words while Mr Wang smiled, glad to hear his quiet son in law sharing his feelings.

“I didn’t thought my Yi En will be this cheesy.” Mr Tuan commented before bursting out in laughter which confused up the pair even more.

“Mark, don’t you know your dad?” Mrs Tuan exclaimed which caused Mark to instantly sighed in relief, remembering how his father enjoy teasing him on daily basic.

“Dad..” Mark whined like a child before getting up and going to his Dad who was still enjoying the whole fun.

“What? If I didn’t say that, we will never know how you really feel about everything.” Mr Tuan defended himself, supported by his wife who nodded at those words while Mark, pouted.

“So..you..like..me?” Jackson asked slowly, still lost at the whole situation which caused everyone to break into laughter watching the poor boy.

“Yes, son. Welcome to our family.” Mr Tuan exclaimed, opening his arm up wide to welcome his son in law with a big hug which Jackson gladly accepted.

“Thank you, Mr Tuan.” Jackson thanked, smiling in the older’s embrace while Mark just smile, happy to witness that scene.

“No, it’s Dad for you now.” Mr Tuan exclaimed, patting his son in law back before returning the smile at the happy Jackson.

After that talk, the parents has excused themselves for night and the pair had returned back to their room with Jackson entering the shower first.

By the time Mark was done, he was greeted with the sight of Jackson seated beside his asleep niece, watching her sleep with a smile.

“Hey…” Mark greeted, taking a seat on Jackson’s lap before wrapping his arms around his neck which caused Jackson to instantly wrapped his arm around the older’s waist.

“You know what I said earlier, I really meant it, right?” Mark asked, resting their foreheads together as he gazed in the younger’s eyes.

“I know. Thank you, you mean the world to me too. Don’t you ever dare leave me.” Jackson exclaimed as he warned the older playfully which only cause a smile to appeared on Mark’s face.

“I won’t, don’t you worry Mandu.” Mark replied, rubbing his nose with the younger who only grinned at the contact.

“Good.” Jackson whispered back, sealing their promise with a sweet passionate kiss on the lips, something that will be embedded in their memory forever.

A/N: Hey sweeties, finally the last chapter. I had so much fun writing this story, I hope you guys are satisfied with the ending especially the scenes with Mark's niece. Trust me, I wrote that even before RealGot7 S3 Ep 4... I predicted that ep..lol. I will hopefully be back with a new story so I hope you guys will still hang around and wait for it.
 

 Thank you so much for enjoying this ride with me so far, I appreciate the love and like always, please share with me your thoughts on the chapter :) 
 

Bye guys until the next story ~ 
 

BIG THANKS TO Kris4eva, bornfabulous, hina1236 and buxybee FOR SUBSCRIBING! 
 

 <3 InfinitelyCassie