Chapter 6

Strangers At Heart

Chapter 6

“Here you go, sir. Room 1005”

Jackson smiled, muttering a ‘thank you’ as he accepted their room key from the resort receptionist before approaching towards the older who was waiting with their luggages near the lift area.

They are right now at Sun Beach resort for their ‘honeymoon’, courtesy of Im Jaebum who had given them this small trip as their so called wedding gift.

Of course Jackson was super surprised when he learned about the trip from his buddy a few days ago, he wanted to reject since he thought Mark might be uncomfortable with the whole honeymoon thingy but still it’s a free trip and they could definitely use sometime away from their busy work life so he accepted it gratefully.

“Let’s go, I already got the key.” Jackson exclaimed, smiling which earned a nod from Mark before they headed straight for the lift and the tenth floor.

Mark was awed by the sight that greeted them when Jackson opened the room, especially the beach view that they could enjoy from the balcony in their suite room.

“You want to take a walk by the beach?” Jackson questioned after he managed to put their luggages away, seeing how the older’s eyes are busy watching the view.

“Can we?” Mark asked back, thinking that Jackson would probably be too lazy right now to walk in the hot sun since he was complaining at how sleepy he was during the whole drive here.

Jackson just couldn’t resist at how cute Mark looked like right now, like a innocent kitty so he pinched the older cheeks causing Mark to whince and pout at him.

“Of course, we can my dear Dimsum. Let’s go.” Jackson cooed at the older before dragging Mark out of the room after he grabbed his wallet and phone.

The moment they step on the sand Mark got so excited that he started to pull out his phone and start snapping pictures of the beautiful view and surrounding while Jackson just smiled, enjoying the fact that he is seeing Mark this excited for the first time.

They walked by the beach, playing with the water as they splashed at each other playfully causing both to break out into fits of laughter after seeing how wet the other party is.

Jackson feel glad to see that the tiny bit of awkwardness between them for the past few days, thanks to his stupid kiss accident disappeared into thin air the moment they started playing around.

On the other hand, Mark was feeling grateful that this trip didn’t turn out to be an awkward one like the last few days had been because he wouldn’t know how to deal with it, an awkward Jackson was just too awkward.

“I’m glad that we came here.” Jackson exclaimed as they continued their walk after that mini water fight, eyes on Mark who nodded in agreement.

“Let’s enjoy ourselves to the fullest here.” Mark exclaimed, looking up before smiling sweetly at the younger who was stunned by the view, Jackson’s heart beating fast without his permission.

“Mandu!” Mark called out, waving his hand in front of the blank younger who was staring at him like as if he sees an alien or something.

“Huh?...Of course, let’s enjoy ourselves.” Jackson exclaimed, snapping out of his trance before agreeing with the older’s earlier words which caused Mark to look at him, weirdly.

“Let’s take a selca.” Jackson quickly suggested, trying to distract Mark’s attention from him which he successfully did, thanks to the fact that Mark was used to his weird behaviours by now.

They quickly snapped a selca with Mark’s phone before they sent their ‘godly looking’ selca as Jackson claimed over to Jaebum and Youngjae with a short and simple, ‘thank you’.

It wasn’t long before they got a reply from the couple which caused Jackson to complaint while Mark burst into laughter again, thanks to Youngjae.

From: Youngjae

Mark hyung looked fabulous like always, love you hyung. <3
Jackson hyung not so much, work harder my friend. - Youngjae

I agree dear, Jacks look like a troll. LOL! - JB

“I’m gonna kill them especially Im Jaebum. Be ready to be dead when I get back.” Jackson grumbled before typing furiously back to his annoying buddy while Mark just shake his head at this bunch of friends closeness, he likes it.

To: Youngjae

BE READY FOR YOUR DEATH, IDIOTS! I’M COMING TO GET YOU. - MR FLAWLESS

Jackson smiled in satisfaction at what he had typed before sending it to them, his mind already planning their murder as he smirked to himself, creeping Mark out.

From: Youngjae

Mr Flawless? Lol! More like Mr Troll, bring it on shortie! - JB

Jackson pouted upon reading the reply before complaining to Mark at how his best friend it such a meanie for calling him a shortie.

At this point Mark didn’t know whether to laugh or to pitted the younger because the fact that the word ‘shortie’ itself can cause baby Jackson to appear, it was wonderous.

It was a term Mark used when the cute and whiny side of Jackson appears, a side that Mark personally loved because he can just be too cute and squishy sometime.

Mark decided to take the device out of his hold before telling Jackson to forget about that meanie and focusing on getting their empty stomach filled instead, luckily it worked.

+++++++++++++

“Jinnie, I’m hungry. Let’s go for lunch.” Bambam whispered, turning to look at Jinyoung who was busy enjoying the movie that currently playing.

“Wait a bit more, it’s almost over.” Jinyoung replied, eyes still glued on the television causing Bambam to sighed and slipped out of his embrace and off the bed.

Bambam had enough, he wasn’t having any fun at all since the only thing they had done since arriving here this morning was cuddling in bed and watching stuffs, he wants to go out and enjoy the sun too.

If it were his Jacky, they were definitely be out there by the beach, having fun and taking as much selca as he wanted.

Seeing how annoyed Bambam is, Jinyoung hold back his sigh before turning off the television and jumping out off bed, approaching the other to pacify him like always.

“I’m sorry, babe. Let’s go.” Jinyoung apologized before dragging the sulking Bambam towards the resort dining hall which was certainly crowded with couples and families when they arrived.

They tried scanning around for two seated table but it seems like none was available, they only managed to spot a familiar pair eating at a four seated table, feeding each other.

“What are they doing here?” Jinyoung questioned, surprised to see the newlyweds there since the main idea of this trip was to distract themselves from the pair but it’s not possible now especially at the fact that Bambam had just walked off towards the pair with pure jealousy, not even waiting for him causing him to mentally curse before chasing after the other.

While the pair was busy tasting each other dish, a figure suddenly appeared in front of them which of course surprised them since they wasn’t expecting to see Bambam nor Jinyoung who appeared beside him not long after that.

“What are you doing here?” Bambam questioned, looking at Jackson straight in the eyes while trying to read the other expression.

“Honeymoon.” Jackson replied calmly after sharing a look with Mark, focusing back on his food before Jinyoung and Mark’s eyes meet each other, making the older feel anxious a bit.

“Can we join you?” Bambam asked but already settled himself down at the empty seat beside Jackson which caused Jinyoung to settled down at the seat between Mark and Bambam,

Jackson just ignored that question before distracting himself by chatting with Mark in mandarin, the safest way to escape from this uncomfortableness.

“Do you want to move?” Jackson asked seeing how the older look very uncomfortable to be seated by his ex which of course worrying him.

Unlike him who pretty much had to face the two idiots almost everyday, Mark was definitely not used to being around Jinyoung and it wasn’t helping that the other was staring at him.

“It’s fine, let’s just finish our food fast.” Mark assured, grabbing hold of Jackson’s hand on the table, calming down himself before focusing on his lunch.
While they were eating silently as the other pair stares at them, Mark’s phone rings before he excused himself to pick up the call after seeing his manager’s name flashing on the screen.

Jinyoung who couldn’t stand it anymore decided to take this chance to chase after Mark and get some private time with him.

“I’m going to the washroom.” Jinyoung lied, excusing himself before leaving the ex couple alone at the table with Jackson still ignoring Bambam.

“Jackson.” Bambam called out, grabbing hold of Jackson’s hand just like how Mark did just now causing the said person heart to beat faster at his touch.

“What are you doing?” Jackson hissed, pulling his hand away while trying to calm himself down before glaring at Bambam.

“Jackson, are you serious about him? About Mark?” Bambam asked, trying to look for the answer that he wants to hear from his ex even after being hissed at.

“We are married, of course I’m serious about him.” Jackson replied, rolling his eyes at that question because it’s true, even if they didn’t get married out of love, he still take Mark and this marriage seriously because he will never want to make the older regrets his decision of marrying him.

“But I know you still love me…” Bambam exclaimed, looking at Jackson with his puppy eyes that had always been Jackson’s weakness, he knows that deep down Jackson is still isn’t over him.

“So? It isn’t you that I get married with, isn’t it?” Jackson snickered back, finding it ridiculous at how Bambam kept repeating that statement when he was dumped because of that love in the first place.

“Jacky, please give me a chance. Let’s start a new.” Bambam begged, trying to grabbed hold of his wrist but failed when Jackson suddenly stood up, staring at him with a pokerface.

“I did, two years ago but you didn’t change. You still continue cheating on me with our own best friend.” Jackson exclaimed, seeing how Bambam’s expression turned into shock before he walked away, hoping he got the message through to his ex.

“He knows about us from the start?” Bambam questioned himself in shock, didn’t expect for Jackson to know anything about their hidden affair behind his back all these while.

Meanwhile not far from the dining hall, Mark had just finished his call with Henry and when he turned to head back for the hall, Jinyoung was standing there and looking at him.

He tried to walked past his ex but Jinyoung grabbed his wrist before pulling him in for a hug, causing Mark’s heart to race at the skinship, he didn’t expect that the younger still had that effect on him.

“Markie, I missed you.” Jinyoung whispered into his ear, causing Mark to rolled his eyes in disgust at the fact that he can shamelessly called out his nickname after dumping him just like that.

Mark pushed Jinyoung off him before staring at the other coldly, like as if he was warning the younger with his eyes.

“Markie, I know you still love me, I can hear your heart racing for me.” Jinyoung exclaimed, ignoring those cold stares.

“It doesn’t matter who I love if you aren’t the person that I’m married too.” Mark replied, trying to walk away but again Jinyoung grabbed his wrist, causing him to harshly pulled away.

“Don’t you get it, Park? Right now, what matters the most is Jackson. We are happily married and I hope you learn to respect me as your colleague partner. Keep your distance from me.” Mark hissed harshly at Jinyoung, staring at him once more to make his point clear.

“Dimsum.” Jackson called out happily, somehow feeling proud after overhearing those words Mark said to the speechless Jinyoung, the older can be really scary if he wants to be.

Mark turned to smile at the happy younger before walking away, leaving his speechless ex behind before going back to their room holding hands.

By the time Bambam saw Jinyoung, he could sense that things didn’t work out well for him either since he had guess that he had gone after Mark earlier.

“Jinnie.” Bambam called out to the distressed Jinyoung who looked like as if he was ready to kill someone with hands all fisted up.

“Babe, let’s destroy them. Let’s create hell for their marriage.” Jinyoung hissed, looking up to smirk at Bambam who surprisingly anticipating it.

“If we can’t have them then let’s make sure nobody could.” The two thought to themselves simultaneously, pleased at the fact that they can messed up their ex life.


+++++++++++++

Mark stares at the stars twinkling in the sky while enjoying the cool breeze on his face, it was perfect way to enjoy themselves by the beach after their wonderful dinner.

He turned to look at the quiet Jackson by his side, resting his head on the older’s shoulder while lost in his own trail of thoughts.

The older knows that the incident from lunch were still fresh in both of their mind, it confused them as to why their ex acted that way towards them when it was them who were dumped in the first place.

“Mark.” Jackson called out softly, eyes watching the waves crashing softly before he heard the older hummed in response, signaling for him to continue.

“Why are they doing this to us? Why did they said those word that they are fully aware of? It’s like rubbing salt to our wounds.” Jackson questioned out, not understanding either Bambam nor Jinyoung at this point because why now when things as already changed between them.

“I don’t know, Mandu. I guess at the end of the day, they still thinks that our life revolves around them when in reality, things changed and we had somehow move on bit by bit just like how they did in the first place.” Mark replied, sighing as he, himself failed to understand what does their exes want from them.
Jackson stayed silent, knowing clearly what Mark said was the truth because he, himself has somehow forced himself to focus on this marriage rather than spending the time thinking about his heartbreak and therefore he was slowly able to forget Bambam, making his heart stopped throbbing so bad each time he crosses his mind.

On the other hand, Mark would be lying if he said that he doesn’t think of Jinyoung because he does but not too often because each time the younger filled up his mind, the pain from that night resurface and he suffer through that cycle again.

“Jackson.” a familiar voice was heard causing the pair to turn their head towards the figure standing behind Jackson, there stood Bambam with tears streaming down his face causing the pair to share a look before getting up from the sand.

“What happened?” Jackson asked, worried clear in his voice that Mark of course noticed and he understand especially after seeing the condition Bambam in.

“Can we talk? Jinyoung, he…” Bambam sobbed before looking at Mark, signaling clearly at the older that he didn’t want the older to be there for their talk which Mark caught on while Jackson was too busy worrying to notice.

“Mandu, I will wait for you back in our room.” Mark excused himself to the younger before walking off, he didn’t want to face Bambam either because it just makes him feel uncomfortable.

While heading for the lift area, he spotted Jinyoung seated at the lounge area in the lobby, seemingly lost in his own thoughts before their eyes meet.

Mark quickly looked away before fastening his pace but Jinyoung caught up anyway, stopping him not far from the lift area.

“Mark.” Jinyoung greeted, staring at the older who tried to walk past him again but he managed to block this time round.

“I want to apologize, what I did earlier was wrong and I should know better and respect you as my best friend’s partner.” Jinyoung continued on, apologizing with a serious tone which confused Mark since he was acting like a total different person now compared to earlier.

Speechless and lost, Mark just kept his nonchalant face before nodding to his words, there wasn’t really much he could comment about it anyway and he wanted to be away from Jinyoung fast.

“Good. I’m heading upstairs now.” Mark excused himself awkwardly before continue his track towards the lift while Jinyoung just smirk, knowingly that he somehow managed to changed this plan to his own advantage.

If he play it safe and not act like Bambam, he might just earn Mark back into his life.

Meanwhile back by the beach, Jackson was waiting for Bambam to continue his words because he is sincerely concern about the other even though it’s his ex

“We fight, he wanted to break up.” Bambam lied, using those tears to earned Jackson’s attention on him like planned with Jinyoung, knowing clearly Jackson had a soft spot for a crying him.

Jackson didn’t know how to react, seeing Bambam in tears were enough to make him feel lost.

“What should I do, Jacky?” Bambam sobbed again before hugging the other, knowingly clearly that Jackson won’t have the heart to push away in this current situation.

Indeed like expected, Jackson didn’t pushed away but instead patted his back, in attempt to comfort his ex which really sound crazy if people knows about it especially when he is already married.

They hugged for a while before Jackson convinced Bambam to returned back to his room, talk things out with Jinyoung slowly and maybe patch things up.

Bambam agreed to it if only Jackson accompanied him back in support of poor him which Jackson finds a little bit weird but did it anyway because he just can’t reject a sobbing Bambam.

Where else in their room, Mark was watching some shows while waiting for Jackson’s return but the younger never did until he had fallen asleep with the television still on.

It was when their room door bell rang that Mark jolted awake before climbing out of bed and heading straight for the door, thinking it was Jackson.

“Jinyoung?” Mark exclaimed in surprised when he saw his ex standing in front of their door when he swing it opened, causing him to quickly rubbed his eyes just to make sure before checking the time on the clock, hanging by the entrance, it was almost one in the morning.

“What are you doing here this late?” Mark asked, couldn’t comprehend what’s going on because he don’t remember calling the younger over or anything, he was waiting for Jackson earlier until he fallen asleep.

“Jackson aren’t back yet, isn’t he?” Jinyoung questioned, causing Mark to nod while wondering what’s with the weird question.

“I know where he is, come with me.” Jinyoung exclaimed which definitely weird out Mark even more because it doesn’t make sense to have your ex knocking on your door, telling you where your husband could be.

Even though Mark wanted to reject the offer, he was still too curious for his own good to forgo the chance to see where Jinyoung gonna be leading him too.

He really hoped Jackson wasn’t in any trouble or anything.

 

A/N: Hi! How did you guys enjoy this chapter, hating on JinBam yet? Hehehehe! Also am I the only one spazzing over blond Markson or you guys too? They are just too cute with blond hair. If anyone wants to spazz with me, you can find me on twitter @infinitelycass . Anyway enough about the spazzing, like always do share with me your thoughts on this chapter :)

 BIG THANKS rewo1234, Hehepanda, Mousehousehouse, issykiss, CuteGalXD, Someawesomeperson, roselie0601, Ai_Fang90, johnsoswag, nightangel2050, rideordie, keepingxfaith, suju1717, guadalupeanguiano, dayedaye, sogoodjh and ztxwyf FOR SUBSCRIBING! 

PS: As a sorry for not replying to comments last time, I hope you guys will enjoy this fanvid

<3 InfinitelyCassie