Chapter 7

Strangers At Heart

Chapter 7

“Mark”

Mark ignored that calling, his eyes fixed on the sight in front of him as he studied the surrounding as well, something about it just didn’t feel right excluding the fact that his ‘husband’ is on the bed, entangled with his ex under the blanket with Bambam’s head rested on Jackson’s chest and it didn’t help that they are topless too.

The infamous cheating scene that he can find in every family melodrama that his Mom enjoys on daily basic.

“Mark, are you ok?” Jinyoung questioned, trying his best to hide that amused smirk when he saw how his ex instantly froze up upon seeing that sight, he can’t wait to see the drama after this because there’s no way Mark wouldn’t react to this, his husband is practically sleeping intimately with his ex.

It would be a lie to say that Mark wasn’t taken aback by this, he definitely was but he also can’t help but to think that there’s something fishy about this sight because knowing how jealous Jinyoung is, the younger would had probably turned this room upside down from anger the moment he laid his eyes on this but now, he's too calm for someone who just caught his ‘boyfriend’ sleeping with his ex.

Mark decided to just calm down, not reacting to this before approaching the sleeping pair, shaking Jackson a bit to wake him up.

“Mandu.” Mark whispered into Jackson’s ear which successfully got the younger to stirred up before looking at him with half close eyes.

“Mark.” Jackson called out in his hoarse voice, trying to take in the surrounding before realizing this wasn’t their room and soon his eyes landed on Bambam who's sleeping on his chest, freaking him out.

“Bambam?” Jackson exclaimed in shocked, jolting himself up after pushing the other head off him, turning to look at Mark who's just staring at him with a emotionless expression.

On the other hand, Bambam almost curse out when his head just dropped on to the bed just like that, he clearly wasn’t sleeping because he had planned with Jinyoung to create this situation where Jackson was cheating on Mark but he never thought the other would just harshly pushed him off his chest.

“Jacky…” Bambam called out, decided to continue his act by stirring up before opening his eyes to look at Mark and Jinyoung in ‘shock’.

“Jackson,  we..” Bambam stuttered, putting on a guilty expression before looking at the lost Jackson, who clearly didn’t know what the hell happened between them because the last thing he remembered was drinking a bottle of mineral water in this room.

Mark feel bad at seeing how confused the younger was by everything so he quickly look around for Jackson’s shirt so that he can get dressed and they can returned back to their room.

“Let’s go back, Mandu.” Mark whispered once he had helped Jackson puts on his shirt, leading the poor baby out of that room, not sparing the pair another look.

They walked hand in hand back to their room, both in silence while Mark could sense somebody watching and following them which caused him to leave their room door ajar on purpose after they entered.

Mark quietly make a cup of tea for Jackson while the younger just watched him in guilt, he feel so guilty even though he didn’t know what happened between him and Bambam just now.

“Mark, I’m sorry.” Jackson apologized when the older offered him the cup which cause Mark to nod, not saying anything since he didn’t really know if he even had the right to be angry at Jackson right now.

Jackson muttered a low ‘thank you’ before sipping on his tea, Mark taking a seat beside him on the edge of their bed, the older seems too calm that it worries Jackson to no end.

“I’m really sorry, I didn’t know what happened but I’m sorry.” Jackson apologized again after he puts down the cup and take both of Mark’s hands in his, staring right into the older’s eyes.

“I know, it’s alright.” Mark assured, knowing clearly it wasn’t Jackson’s fault because he somehow got the vibe that it was their exes plan to mess with them especially after noticing the two figures peeking in on them by their door.

“No, it’s not alright. You treated me the best and I on….” Jackson’s rambling stopped when Mark rubbed his nose against his own lovingly, making him blushed instantly at how close their face is.

“Don’t worry, Mandu. I trust you.” Mark reassured once more after he pulled away, smiling sweetly at the younger which instantly earned him a bone crushing hug from Jackson.

“Thank you, Dimsum.” Jackson whispered into his ear before pulling away, staring at Mark with full of appreciation and gratefulness, without realizing that those stare make Mark’s heart races again.

“Let’s go to sleep, I’m sleepy.” Mark suggested, quickly getting up to close the door and light shut before joining Jackson on the bed, the younger spooning him from the back and soon, they drifted off to dreamland.

Meanwhile outside, the pair was left speechless  because their plan failed, the drama didn’t happened like predicted and they even witness something that made them feel worse.

Bambam couldn’t believe it that Jackson could look at Mark the same way he did with him for the last six years, the very stare that was full of love and adoration that he won’t give to anyone except Bambam

Wherelse Jinyoung felt like he got kicked on the face because he just witnessed Mark doing their special ‘kiss’ on someone else other than him, it was so special that he couldn’t believe Mark did it to Jackson.

Both seems to be in disbelief at the fact that just maybe, their exes already did move on from them.


+++++++++++++


Mark laughed at Jackson’s joke as they walk, exiting from the dining hall after their hearty breakfast  before they bumped into the other pair who looks like they are arguing.

“Can’t you just eat breakfast? I can’t even eat properly.” Jinyoung hissed at Bambam who just rolled his eyes at the annoying other in front of him.

“I told you I’m not up for breakfast but you are the one who force me.” Bambam rebutted back, voice getting higher with each word which caused Jackson and Mark to exchange looks, wondering what’s up with that pair.
“Fine! It’s always my fault anyway.” Jinyoung snickered in annoyance before storming off, leaving the frustrated Bambam behind.

Jackson sighed, he knows that this will happened especially when they both are equally stubborn and prideful, neither would want to give in and it had always been him who will be their middle person after each fight since school days.

While looking at Bambam, he remember about what he recapped during his shower earlier, the fuzzy memories from yesterday became clear and he planned to have a final talk with the other about it.

“Dimsum, can you wait for me back in our room first?” Jackson requested, turning to Mark who nodded in return, walking away to give Jackson and Bambam some space.

“Jackson!” Bambam exclaimed in surprised when he noticed the other heading his way with an unreadable expression.

“Can we talk?” Jackson asked which supposed to make Bambam happy since that has always been what he wanted but no, he wasn’t happy at all especially after hearing the other cold tone.

Unsure, Bambam nodded anyway before they exited the hall and headed for a bench around the garden area before sitting down side by side.

“Yesterday, why did you do that?” Jackson asked calmly, turning to look at the other expression upon his question thrown at him.

Bambam was stumped, wondering did Jackson see through their plan or did he remember what goes down in his room, yesterday.

“Do what?” Bambam asked, acting clueless while trying his best to act calm, avoiding Jackson’s eyes staring at him straight.

“Don’t act, stupid. You clearly know what you did. The mineral water that you offered me, it was drugged, right?” Jackson exclaimed, tone higher than before since he didn’t like how Bambam is acting innocent right now.

He clearly remembers sending his ex back to his room after the crying mess by the beach and since he wanted to thanked Jackson for the walk and talk, Bambam had offered a bottle of water and soon he feels light headed which caused the other to invite him inside to rest on the couch before everything went dark after he settle down on the couch.

“Wha…” Bambam tried to act clueless again but was cut by the frustrated Jackson who was glaring at him by now.

“Enough, Bambam. Stop it! Tell me, why did you do that? Why did you tried to mess up my marriage?” Jackson snapped at his ex which honestly scares Bambam because he never see the other this pissed before.

“It’s because I still love you, I want you back Jacky.” Bambam blurted out in fear and desperation, he can’t stand the thought of Jackson not loving him any longer or he will go crazy.

Jackson dryly laugh in disbelief, he seriously couldn’t understand what going on in Bambam’s mind right now, it was just too complicated for the simple him.

“Do you even listen to yourself, Kunpimook? You were the one that dumped me, the one that ditched me on our wedding day and yet now, you are telling me that you still love me? What, is love some kind of a game for you?” Jackson exclaimed bitterly, staring at Bambam who didn’t even dare to look at his face.

It’s really scaring Bambam, the fact that Jackson just called him in his Thai name just makes his ex more distance and away from his reach.

“Jacky, please. I can’t stand seeing Mark in your embrace, it suppose to be me.” Bambam begged, grabbing Jackson’s wrist since he already at a dead end, he just want Jackson back.

“It was but you were the one that throws that chance away and now, it’s too late because I can’t let go of Mark just to be with someone like you again, Kunpimook.” Jackson said, harshly pulling his wrist out of Bambam’s hold before standing up, ready to walk away.

“You know what, even when you stomped all over my heart and ditched me for my best friend, I managed to let things go but what you did yesterday, I can’t because you are not only messing with me but Mark too and he don’t deserve that especially from a person like you. I’m truly disappointed Kunpimook, you aren’t the Bambam that I fall for anymore, you changed. I hope from now on, we will be merely two strangers that work at the same place, nothing more or less.” Jackson added before trying to walk away but once again, the other grabbed his wrist again.

“Jackson, don’t do this to me. I’m begging you.” Bambam plead, tears streaming down his cheeks by now as he stares at Jackson.

“No, Bam. You did this to yourself.” Jackson whispered bitterly, peeling the other’s hand off him before walking away with a heavy heart, he knows what he said was harsh but he had enough, he knows that somebody needs to wake him up.

While back in their shared room, Mark was smiling to himself as he was texting with Henry about yesterday birthday party that they catered.

As he was replying to the text by the balcony, he felt two familiar arms wrapped around him from the back before a head rested on his back.

“Mark.” Jackson whispered out gently which caused the older to hummed back, putting his phone back into his pocket  after replying, focusing on the the younger.

“I finally ended everything between us, I told him that we are just strangers to each other now. Did I do the right thing?” Jackson questioned, in a dilemma for hurting his ex even though he knows what the other did to him was far more worst than that in every aspect.

“Do you think that it’s right?” Mark questioned back, honestly it wasn’t up to him to determined what is right or wrong, it’s all up to Jackson because he knows himself the best and he trust Jackson to decide what is the best for him.

“I guess, I just wanted all these pain and drama to end. I just want peace and happiness.” Jackson replied, pouring out his feeling to the older who just smile and nodded in response.

“If you feel that it’s right then don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.” Mark said, ruffling Jackson’s hair lovingly which caused him to sigh in relief, he was glad that Mark could understand him, perfectly.

+++++++++++++


"Ah.." Mark exclaimed causing the driving younger to follow suit before he feed the chips to Jackson. 

They are currently driving home from the resort, with Mark busy snacking beside the driving younger while feeding him in between.

“Dimsum, thank you.” Jackson thanked suddenly causing the older to looked at him lost with the sudden thanks.

“To tell you the truth, I wanted to reject this trip  I thought it will be too uncomfortable for you but I'm glad I didn't. This trip was the best, I had a lot of fun hanging out with you so I want to thank you for making it such an unforgettable honeymoon.”  Jackson explained, turning to give the older a grin before focusing back on the road.

Mark smiled, those words somehow makes him feel important and he can't denied, he enjoyed the time spent with Jackson too, it was definitely a wonderful honeymoon if he had to say so himself.

“I had fun too, Mandu. Thank you for this wonderful honeymoon.” Mark thanked back, smiling at Jackson which caused the younger to grinned even more before he steal a peck from Mark's cheek when they stopped at a red light which instantly caused the older to blushed.

Mark quickly turn to focus on the view out of the window, trying to hide his tomato red cheeks.

Jackson secretly smiled to himself at seeing how red those cheeks are, Mark looked too cute right at this moment.

The drive continued with a comfortable silence as Mark soon fall asleep with a bag of chips still in his hold which caused Jackson to chuckled before he  put the bag aside and let the other sleep in peace.

By the time he reached in front of their villa, he notice a tall figure standing in front of their front door.

“Dimsum.” Jackson whispered, nudging the older a bit which instantly cause Mark to stirred up since he is a light sleeper.

“Are we home?” Mark asked as he rubbed the sleepiness out of his eyes before stretching his body.

“Yes and there is somebody at our door.” Jackson replied, pointing out at the figure which cause Mark's heart to beat fast the moment he laid his eyes on the said figure.

“Let's go.” Jackson exclaimed, alighting from his car while Mark blindly follow suit, still trying to make sure his eyes aren't playing tricks on him.

As he trailed after Jackson towards the figure, he could feel his heart started to pound like crazy, making him almost breathless.

Due to the sound of their footsteps, the said person turned and then when his eyes met Mark's, a smile to spread on his face.

"Marky hyung.” He exclaimed in delight before running towards the frozen Mark, pulling him in for a hug while Jackson just stares, not really pleased with the sight.

“Aren’t you happy to see ?” He asked after pulling away, seeing there is no reaction from the older before he turn to exchange look with Jackson who was watching them.

“Dimsum.” Jackson called out, approaching the quiet Mark before entangling their hands together which earned the other’s intention on him immediately.

“Why are you here, Yugyeom?” Mark asked as he turned to look at the younger whose smiling brightly at them, he never thought that he will see him again after five years.

“I’m here to visit and congratulate you on your marriage, hyung.” Yugyeom replied excitedly, eyes stilled on Mark which kinda makes Jackson feel a little uncomfortable.

Mark nodded before awkwardly introducing Jackson to the younger, his mind still full of questions,

“You are lucky, hyung. You must treat him well.” Yugyeom joked, smiling at Jackson whose truthfully overwhelmed by the other friendliness but take it as a part of Yugyeom’s personality.

“Let’s go inside.” Mark suggested, feeling a bit too overwhelmed by everything at the moment while Jackson nodded as he went ahead to unlock the door and invited Yugyeom in.

“Dimsum, go ahead with Yugyeom. I will go and get our luggages.” Jackson informed, excusing himself before approaching ffor his car boot.

Mark led the younger in towards the living room before asking him to take a seat while he get some drinks, by the time he returned with their drinks, Jackson also had already returned with their luggages before joining them on the couch.

“Did you guys go somewhere?” Yugyeom asked after taking a sip of  his drink since he noticed the luggages.

“We went for our honeymoon.” Mark quickly replied, his hand immediately on top of Jackson’s who hand was resting on his thighs

“Oh…it must be fun.” Yugyeom exclaimed, staring at Mark before glancing away and focusing on his drink.

Jackson observed the exchange between them and he could clearly see the tense and awkward atmosphere surrounding them even with Yugyeom’s bubbly personality and Mark’s reaction towards everything wasn’t helping much.

“So Yugyeom, did you know Mark for a long time?” Jackson decided to start a conversation after seeing how the pause was slowly turning super awkward even for him.

“We are childhood friends, right hyung?” Yugyeom answered, looking at Jackson before turning to smile at Mark who just nodded, he just wanted the younger to leave this instant.

“I see, you must know him well.” Jackson replied before he turned to look at Mark who's just staring at their entangled hands, totally distracted.

“Too well, actually but I don’t remember him being this quiet.” Yugyeom exclaimed, a hint of amusement was heard in his voice as he smiles at Jackson who's getting some weird vibes from his words.

“Really? He always has been this quiet  with me.” Jackson said, returning a half hearted smile before turning to share a look with Mark who was staring at him.

“Are you tired?” Jackson asked in mandarin after seeing how Mark wasn’t in the mood nor state to entertain anyone.

“I’m fine.” Mark reassured back in the same language, tighten his hold on Jackson before turning to look at Yugyeom who was just smiling, watching them.

“I guess you didn’t know him too well then, you should learn more about him.” Yugyeom replied to Jackson’s previous words when he turned to look at him again.

Now honestly, Jackson isn’t liking at how the conversation is going since there is just something off about Yugyeom but he really can’t point out what.

Before he could reply, his phone rang and he had to excuse himself to pick up the work call from Youngjae about tomorrow’s meeting during lunch.

Mark who didn’t like the idea of being left alone with Yugyeom had no choice because it’s an important call so now, here he was sitting there awkwardly facing the younger.

Yugyeom smirked at the quiet Mark facing him before he got up and approached the older, plopping himself at Jackson’s previous spot.

He lean in before caressing Mark’s cheek with his hand, smirking before he whispered into the older’s ear which caused Mark to shiver.

“Didn’t you miss me, Marky? I’m back for you.” Yugyeom whispered which caused Mark to shivered in horror before he slapped those filthy hand off him, glaring at the younger.

“Fierce, I see. I like that change, Marky.” Yugyeom exclaimed in total amusement, he can’t wait to enjoy playing with his toy again, it brings back old good memories.

“Leave! You are not welcome here.” Mark ordered, hissing as he got up before heading straight for their front door while Yugyeom just smile as he walked himself towards the exit.

“I will come over to play again, Marky.” Yugyeom whispered, smirking at the pissed Mark before exiting the villa while Mark’s legs almost gave in the moment he closes the door behind him, unaware that Jackson had just witnessed the exchange between them at the front door.

 

A/N: Hey sweeties, I'm back again updating this week just because I think I might be too busy to update next week so that's why I double update this week. How did you guys enjoy Mark's reaction? Did you guys expect that or not? And Yugyeom finally appeared... Like always, please share with me your thoughts on the chapter :)

BIG THANKS skittles69, luhanlove3, Kristinaxo, emily_the_boss, CallMeUnnie, kantxx, jinkii, jokeralien, electric_sh0ck, SuperJunior0095 and sab_kee FOR SUBSCRIBING! 

<3 InfinitelyCassie