Chapter 3

Strangers At Heart

Chapter 3

“Dimsum, join me!”

Jackson hollered out, calling the older to join him in the pool while his parent’s just laughing at Mark refusing to join their poor baby.

Jackson pouted before continue swimming by himself while Mark smiled at the younger’s childish antics.

It’s already been a week since the wedding, the relationship between Mark and Jackson has gotten less awkward, thanks to the night chats they had every night before the fall asleep side by side, in the companionship of the each other.

They found out that they shared a lot of things in common like their love for sports especially basketball, they both had done a bit of dancing during their school days, both is a foodie and importantly, they both could speak the same exact three languages which they find interesting.

Due to their love for food, they somehow managed to come up with ‘Mandu’ and ‘Dimsum’ for each other, which Mark find weirdly cute since he never really had these kind of nickname before.

“What are you thinking about?” Jackson appeared, wrapped in a towel as he took a seat beside the older while the older pair was still busy barbecuing their lunch.

“Nothing, just how childish you can be.” Mark answered, smiling at the younger who instantly had a smug look on him.

“I will take that as a compliment, thank you.” Jackson exclaimed in full confident, sticking his tongue out causing Mark to chuckled at his behaviour.

Jackson beamed proudly, he always feel a sense of achievement whenever he managed to make Mark chuckle or laugh.

“Boys, food is ready.” Mr Wang announced, causing Jackson to instantly cheer in happiness before grabbing Mark’s wrist and dragging him along to the sitting area.

“I’m gonna faint.” Jackson exclaimed dramatically after biting into the bbq chicken wing, Mark rolled his eyes at the younger before sharing a smile with his parents.

“Are we still going out tonight?” Mrs Wang questioned in between their chatting, her son too absorbed in eating to even bother about chatting.

“Yes, Ma. I already booked a nice place for dinner.” Mark replied, remembering how Jackson had asked him a few days ago if he knows a good place to bring his parents out for dinner since they had been eating homemade dinner the last few days and he wanted to treat them before they return back to Hong Kong tomorrow night.

“I can’t wait.” Mrs Wang exclaimed excitedly, smiling happily at the thought of spending the night out with her loved ones.

After their delicious lunch by the poolside, they had volunteered to clean up while Jackson’s parents had when upstairs to get some rest after spending the last few hours at the pool located behind the villa, beside the small garden.

The pair collected all the dirty utensils and plates before heading straight for the kitchen, with Mark washing while Jackson wiping them dry.

While wiping the younger had a question that has been bugging him especially after that crying incident on their wedding night, he stares at the older while debating whether to ask or not.

“Do you still think about him?” Jackson blurted out after much debating, he is curious at how Mark look so calm and collected while he is pretty much a wreck who’s still missing his ex.

Mark’s hand stopped scrubbing when the unexpected question was thrown at him, nobody really bother asking if he was fine or was he thinking about Jinyoung because he is Mark, someone that is strong enough to get through everything by himself.

“Sometime.” Mark muttered, not looking at the younger as he continued to scrub while Jackson let out a sigh.

“Me too.” Jackson admitted, hands still working on those wet plates while eyes on the quiet Mark.

“Why is it so difficult to let go? He’s haunting me, everywhere.”Jackson grumbled, hating how Bambam seems to be everywhere in his sight even after a week, his heart throbbing with every single thought of the other.

“It’s because we still love them.” Mark replied in a bitter tone, not daring to look at the younger beside him.

“Why? Why do we do this to ourselves?” Jackson sighed, keeping the already dried utensils into the drawer while Mark finishing up on the last batch of plates.

“It’s because we can't hate them.” Mark admitted, drying his hands once he is done before turning to look at Jackson who's staring at him with a bitter smile.

“We love them far too long that we learned how love their flaws and mistakes too.” Mark added, returning Jackson smile before helping the younger with keeping the plates in the cabinets.

“I rather hate, it seems easier.” Jackson commented, hoping that hatred will help him escape this painful cycle because he can’t bear with it anymore.

“Trust me, it’s not.” Mark disagreed, giving the younger a pointed look which cause Jackson to ruffled his hair in distressed.

“I hate myself.” Jackson muttered in defeat, while looking at the older who just smiled at the distressed younger.

“Me too, Mandu...me too.” Mark exclaimed, ruffling Jackson’s hair before exiting the kitchen.

Jackson looked at the back view that slowly disappearing, he realized that Mark was just as broken and hurt as him but the older just didn’t show nor complains about it like he did.

+++++++++++++

The family of four had just finished their heavenly seafood dinner over at Mark’s recommended restaurant and now, currently they are walking through the household appliances aisle in the big supermarket located at the second floor of the mall they are at.

“Sweetheart, can you go and check on Gaga? He is taking too long.” Mrs Wang requested, worried after seeing how her baby is still not back from the restroom after fifteen minutes.

“Yes, Ma.” Mark nodded before heading out towards the same direction that Jackson did a while ago, upon seeing the sign he walked towards the restroom area but ended up pausing in his track when he saw the sight in front of him.

There was Jackson standing not to far from the restroom area, face to face with two familiar figures which got Mark’s heart beating fast, anxious as he hides and watches them from behind a pillar nearby.

“Nice to meet you, Jacky.” Bambam greeted with a smile, not a single bit of guilt nor sorry was on his face, it was like as if nothing happened between them.

“Nice to meet me?” Jackson questioned in disbelief, he couldn’t help it but to rolled his eyes at how this two acted like it was normal for him to bumped into them during their date.

“Come on, Jacks. Don’t be such a sore loser.” Jinyoung snickered, smiling at Jackson’s annoyed expression while making sure his arm is around Bambam’s waist, clear for the other to see.

“You are kidding me, right? He ditched me for you on our wedding day through a text. Does it even make sense?” Jackson exclaimed, totally not amused at Jinyoung’s tone nor skinship towards his ex.

“Didn’t he apologized, why bother harping on it? It’s long done and overdue.” Jinyoung said, rolling his eyes at the idiot who still busy whining about being dumped.

“Overdue? It was freaking last week.” Jackson hissed in anger, totally wanting to wipe that  smug look off his so called best friend’s face.

“So? How is it my problem?” Jinyoung smirked which caused Jackson’s blood to boil, his hand unconsciously grabbed on to Jinyoung’s collar but before he could swing a punch, Bambam had pushed him away, freeing Jinyoung.

“Jinnie, wait for me at the cafe.” Bambam exclaimed after checking on Jinyoung, making sure his love was all right.

“Sure, see you later babe.” Jinyoung nodded, giving Bambam a small peck on the cheek that caused both, Mark and Jackson’s heart to drop before he walked away, nonchalantly like as if he wasn’t part of the mess to start with.

“Jackson, I already made myself clear, didn’t I?” Bambam questioned calmly, staring at his messed up ex in front of him with cold eyes.

“Over a freaking text, Bam? Did you really think a text could explained everything?” Jackson replied, totally frustrated at this point because somehow he became that crazy guy whose pestering his ex in the passer-by’s eyes.

 “Fine, I will just say it right to your face now. I can’t be with you, Jackson. You are suffocating me with your love. I had enough of your love, we just aren’t meant to be.” Bambam exclaimed, a hint of annoyance in his tone since he hated the fact that he needs to explained himself again, it was just a waste of time in his book.

“Do you even know what you saying, Bam? We been together for six years, why didn’t you said anything if I suffocate you that much. All I did was loving you with all my heart.” Jackson sighed, feeling like his heart was pierced with an arrow with every single word out from Bambam’s mouth.

“The fact that we been together for that long, I didn’t had the heart to say that to your face. Your love is boring, there is no excitement nor thrilled. it’s just plain old boring love.” Bambam replied, sighing at the emotional side of the other that he don’t particularly enjoyed from before, too dramatic for him.

“Boring? My love?” Jackson muttered, stunned by those glass like words which caused him to check Bambam’s expression, there was no sign of joking.

“Yes.” Bambam confirmed before checking on the text that he just got in from Jinyoung, asking if he is done with their talk.

Jackson froze, trying to process Bambam’s words while thinking about his past actions and affections, was he really that suffocating.

“Jackson, I hope that you can move on and accept it that the person I love is Jinyoung and not you. I’m sure once everything is clear between us, we can return to being good old friends.” Bambam added, trying to end this stupid talk quickly and enjoy his coffee date with his Jinnie.

“Friends?” Jackson snickered, trying to suppress a laughter at how absurd that sounded, Bambam expected them to be good friends again after all this mess.

Mark who couldn’t stand seeing the absurdness of everything, step out from behind the pillar and approached the two before entwined fingers with Jackson’s left hand, surprising both of them.

“Dimsum.” Jackson exclaimed in surprised, not expecting the older to pop out of nowhere especially at these moment.

“Let’s go, Mandu. Ma and Pa are waiting.”  Mark exclaimed sweetly in mandarin, smiling at the younger before pulling Jackson away from the dumbfounded Bambam.

Jackson just let himself being led on by Mark, mind still clouded by his ex’s words that keep on replaying in his ear, like a broken record.

“What took you boys so long?” Mrs Wang asked worriedly when she saw her sons reappearing holding hand with a slightly gloomy Jackson.

“He was having a bad tummy ache.” Mark lied, answering on their behalf after seeing how Jackson was still out of it, probably shocked by those piercing words.

“I see. Well, let me pay for these and then we can head home.” Mrs Wang replied, understanding now why her baby seems out for it before turning to look for her husband who was still busy chatting on the phone.

Mrs Wang quickly approached her husband before they both headed to the cashier after the call ended, leaving behind the younger pair to wait for them.

Mark just squeeze Jackson’s hand, smiling at the younger who looked up at him with pain in his eyes.

“It’s fine, a person like that aren’t worth your love.” Mark muttered softly, Jackson’s hair with his free hand in an attempt to comfort the younger.

Jackson just smile bitterly before resting his head on Mark’s shoulder, eyes watching his beloved parents over at the cashier.

“If only Ma knows...she will be more broken than me.” Jackson sighed in his head, really grateful that his precious mother didn’t had to hear those hard truth about him.

At seeing Jackson’s state, Mark had volunteered to drive them back instead, by the time they reached home, Mrs Wang had nagged the younger to get some rest for his tummy ache before the Wang pair also excuse themselves for the night.

“You want to shower, first?” Mark asked after they stepped into their room, earning a shook from Jackson who headed straight for the bed, sitting on it quietly.

“Well then, I will shower first. Get some rest.” Mark exclaimed, grabbing a set of  new clothes before heading for the shower, giving Jackson some space to himself.

By the time Mark was out of the shower, he was surprised to see Jackson curled up into a ball on the bed while crying hard, the pair of wedding rings supposedly belonging to him and Bambam scattered by it’s box in front of him.

“Jackson.” Mark called out softly, approaching the younger carefully before settling himself in front of the other.

“Why Mark? Why? Six years. He ended everything we shared for six years with a stupid text. How ca…” Jackson rambled on like a mess he was before his words got muffled when Mark pulled him into his embrace.

“Jackson, I know it’s hard for you. It’s for me too but we can’t do anything. Once we are meaningless to them, it doesn’t matter how long nor how many memories we shared, it all somehow became just a past for them. I don’t want to see you like this, we can’t continue being like this. They aren’t worth these precious tears.” Mark whispered to Jackson’s ear, rubbing circles on his back.

Jackson cries harder because he knows what the older said was the truth, it’s no used to cried over someone that doesn’t see his worth because at the end, it’s only him whose suffering while they continue on with their life without even looking back.

That night Jackson spend the whole night in Mark’s arms, both trying to put the pieces of their heart back in tact with the help of friendship and companionship.

+++++++++++++

It was already Tuesday, both of them had returned back to their respective work while the Wang pair was still back at the villa, resting since they decided to extend their stay after Mr Wang got a call from a good friend of his, inviting the pair to their company party on Friday night.

Now Mark is currently resting in the his office since there wasn’t much wedding cake request which he is in change, just the usual catering that he puts Henry in charge.

“Hello Ma.” Mark answered when his phone suddenly rang, Mrs Wang’s number flashing on his screen.

“Yi En, are you free during lunch?” Mrs Wang questioned which got him curious, wondering what with the sudden question.

“Yes, Ma. Do you need anything?” Mark asked, eyes watching as his staffs buzzed around the kitchen working on  the small catering order they have for a birthday dinner today.

“Not me but Gaga. I called him earlier, he was complaining about how he was swarmed up with a week worth of work and you know how he misses meals when he is busy.” Mrs Wang informed, thinking that Mark bringing lunch for her baby will cheer up the younger.

“Of course.” Mark lied, there was no way he would know that but thanks to the elder lady, his aware now.

“Great, I’m sure he will be happy to see you dropping by. I will see you both, later tonight.” Mrs Wang exclaimed, smiling before ending the call with her son in law.

Mark wondered how he's gonna get there if he don’t even know where the younger works but luckily he remembered his company name, Jackson did mention it once during one of their night chat.

He quickly typed ‘Got Lucky Studio’ under the map app, hoping that he could find an address and he actually did, smiling at his own success, Mark headed straight out after informing Henry of his whereabout.

He looked at the two story building that greeted him as he parked his car, a simple but sleek signboard on top of the building entrance.

Before alighting, he dialed the younger number just to make sure he knows where to find Jackson in that building.

“Hey!” Jackson’s excited voice greeted him, making him smile as he imagine the younger excited face that usually appears when food it’s being served.

Jackson couldn’t be any happier when he realize the number flashing on his screen, he need some distraction from the two idiots whose shamelessly displaying their affection for each other during their meeting.

“Hey, I’m outside your studio. Where are you?” Mark asked, eyes checking on the pizza and pasta that he had gotten for the younger from one of his favourite italian restaurant.

“You are?” Jackson exclaimed in english, surprised since he never told the older the address of this place.

“Yes, I’m bringing you, lunch.” Mark informed, chuckling a bit at Jackson’s shocked tone.

At this point he could see all his friends including that two, especially Bambam was looking at him with so much curiosity, probably wondering the reason why the almost half dead him suddenly got so hype up.

“I’m in a meeting right now, you go ahead and wait for me at my office. It’s on the second floor, third door to your left. You will see my name on it.” Jackson instructed once he calm down a bit, speaking in mandarin just so that nobody would interrupt his lunch with Mark since Bambam knows both, korean and english.

Mandarin is his best choice when his ex it’s around, he wouldn’t want Mark to seat around and witness Bambam and Jinyoung acting lovey dovey in their face if he invite him here straight.

Luckily for Mark who was pretty much used to the younger switching around in that three language, didn’t think much of reason why with the sudden use of mandarin.

“Alright. I can just go in freely?” Mark asked again, just to make sure since he noticed a receptionist desk, not far from the entrance.

“Just informed her that you are my partner, she is aware of the marriage.”Jackson replied, earning a short ‘ok’ from the other before their call ended.

“Him?” Jaebum questioned once he saw Jackson put down his phone, earning a bright smile from Jackson.

“Are we done yet, JB? He is waiting.” Jackson asked, earning a nod from the smirking Jaebum while Youngjae just grinned at the older.

“Aww, so sweet. Hope you enjoy your lunch, hyung.” Youngjae teased as Jackson rushed to gather his stuffs, too excited for Mark and the foods to even bother smacking the younger for teasing.

“I see you both, later.” Jackson said, directing those words to the two before leaving a grinning Youngjae and Jaebum behind with a confused Bambam and Jinyoung.

“Who is him, JB?” Bambam questioned once Jackson out of the room, Jaebum just smirked at the clueless other before announcing that the meeting is over, they can proceed for their lunch break.

“Jinnie, why is JB being so mean? Who can that he be?” Bambam complained to Jinyoung after the duo ignored his questioned and left the room.

“Relax, babe. They are probably messing with you, there is no way that idiot is already with someone else. He still hung up on you, remember.” Jinyoung assured the other who seated on his lap, the other cheek lovingly.

“But h…” before Bambam could say another word, he was cut by a pair of  lips on his and slowly things get intense, making him forget the whole Jackson topic.

Where else back at Jackson’s office, his eyes was sparkling at what the older had gotten for him, causing Mark to smile at seeing the entranced younger.

“Dig in.” Mark exclaimed, which Jackson instantly obeyed as he enjoy every mouthful of pasta in his mouth, in love with the flavour dancing in his mouth.

“Slow down, Mandu. You gonna choked.” Mark warned, shaking his head at the younger in the pasta faster than he could even enjoy his own.

“Sorry, I was starving because I only had a piece of bread this morning, I overslept.” Jackson apologized, slowing down while looking at Mark with his puppy eyes.

Mark nodded, expecting that since even before he left for work this morning, Jackson was still snoring in bed.

“I kinda of expected it so I brought these small sized pizza too, just incase the pasta isn’t enough for you.” Mark said, placing the two pizza boxes on the coffee table, opening it for Jackson.

“You are the best, Dimsum.” Jackson cheered, pulling Mark into a tight hug that older was used too by now, it was one of the way Jackson like to express himself when he's happy or excited.

While they were hugging, Mark was surprise when the office door swing open before a familiar figure look at them in shock.

Jackson who realize that the older suddenly tensed up, pulled away before looking at the direction Mark was staring, there it was his ex looking at them with a shocked expression.

“Don’t you know how to knock the door, Bambam shii?” Jackson questioned in a professional tone once he read the situation, eyes on his pasta while Mark looked at him, surprised by that cold formal tone.

Bambam got flustered hearing that rather unpleasant tone, something he never heard before because Jackson always speak nicely to him, no matter how he is towards him.

“I’m sorry, I‘m not used to knocking on your door, Jackson shii.” Bambam replied, eyeing on the stunning guy seated beside his ex, who's watching Jackson’s every move.

“Then, you better get use to it, Bambam shii. I don’t like my private space to be barged in like that.” Jackson exclaimed, staring at Bambam with distance eyes, trying to make it clear to the other that they don’t share the same kind of relationship anymore, everything is different now.

Mark noticed that Jackson’s hand was shaking a bit, the younger was trying his best to put up a strong front and he applauded him for it.

He grabbed on to that hand as a support causing Jackson to smile at his direction, thankfully for the support before turning to look at Bambam who obviously wasn’t too happy about that moment he witness.

“Fine. I’m here to just pass this anyway.” Bambam answered, annoyed as he puts the folder on to the table before exiting the room, slamming the door on the way out.

“That brat.” Jackson sighed, too used to that brattiness before turning to look at Mark who was just smiling, already letting go of his hand and started eating on his own pasta.

“You better hurry up, I’m starting on the pizza.” Jackson teased, sticking out his tongue before picking a slice up and was about to bring it closer but suddenly Mark ‘attacks’ as fast as lightning and bite off almost half of his slice.

“Hey, that’s unfair.” Jackson complained while Mark only smirked at his sweet victory, never mess with him when it comes to food.

Knowing it’s useless to try and win against Mark, Jackson pouted in defeat before chewing on the leftover slice.

“Oh no..” Jackson suddenly gasped dramatically, making the older turn and look at him weirdly.

“Indirect kiss..” Jackson exclaimed, blushing hard while Mark could only rolled his eyes and questioned his sanity again as to why he agrees to married this five year old.

 

A/N: Hello guys, I'm back with another update since I actually had this chapter readied for next week update but since I wasn't in a good mood today, I thought by posting today maybe your comments can help cheer me up like usual. I hope you guys enjoy their development so far, don't forget to share your thoughts with me. Also I might skip next week update, depending if I already had a chapter done by then so just a heads up :)
 

BIG THANKS TO Jaackk_ Jaackk, czekolada, galafura, PrettyNoona, xoxogossipgoat, Markson4ever, violet93, naitomeberu, Mamigg3, tymark, 149921, dancinghyunseung, BabyShades, rmfn1330, Cupcake_Kylie, purple_music, blackpearl2012, infinitegirl, persianprincess123, rikasrahmanisa, Dani1204, wookielove, cynder8, dolphinqueenKya, amelia14, louieocsena, chuichi, smokedblack, 13Prom15ELF, Bao-N-Tao, netxcent, Nath1259 and NicoleJeon FOR SUBSCRIBING! 
 

<3 InfinitelyCassie