Chapter 5

Strangers At Heart

Chapter 5

“Jacky”

Jackson sighed, he could feel the other was standing behind him, waiting for him to turn and  give his attention to him like old times.

He quickly finished up stirring his coffee, totally needing this cup since he has been feeling sleepy from earlier and they only got a ten minutes break from the cranky Jaebum before meeting starts again.

“Jackson.” Bambam called out louder, causing Jackson to finally turn and looked at the other with a pokerface because he really wasn’t in the mood to deal with his ex right now.

“Can we talk?” Bambam questioned, feeling desperate to talk to the other since there was barely nothing exchange between them since that wedding, he was treated like as if he didn’t exist, it was to the point that the usually jealous Jackson didn't even react to his and Jinyoung’s public display of affection in front of him.

“We have nothing to talk about, Bambam shii.” Jackson replied, sipping his drink before trying to walk away because he really don’t need this now.

“Please, don’t call me that. It sounds so distance. You know we are more than that, not just  mere colleague, right?” Bambam pleaded, he didn’t like how the other treat him now, it was too cold and distance for him.

“I don’t remember having a relationship with you beyond colleague, Bambam shii.” Jackson exclaimed, keeping on that nonchalant face while focusing on his drink even though he is starting to feel queasy from this conversation.

He hates to admit it but watching Bambam pleading him like this makes him feel like a jerk for hurting him and he just wanna hug Bambam to comfort him.

Bambam knows that those eyes can’t deceive him even if the expression did, it was the same set of eyes that stare at him lovingly for six years.

“Jackson, you still love me, don’t you?” Bambam questioned, staring straight into Jackson’s eyes who quickly avoided those eyes, figuring how to answer that.

Luckily for Jackson, they soon heard Youngjae’s loud voice calling for him before appearing at the pantry’s entrance, totally excited.

“Jackson hyung, come here.” Youngjae exclaimed, dismissing Bambam’s presence before dragging Jackson by his wrist back to their meeting table causing Jackson to instantly grinned at the person currently busy laying out what he assumed was packed lunches on their table.

“Dimsum.” Jackson shouted out in pure happiness before glomping the unexpected Mark from the front as he chuckled at the excited younger while everybody else in the room looked at them in awe or envy at least for Bambam who had trailed after the two just now.

“Why are you here?” Jackson questioned after letting go of the older and settling him down beside him before his eyes scanned the mouth watering view on their table.

“It’s a surprise. I cooked lunch for everyone.” Mark replied before passing down the lunch boxes that he had packed individually for everyone, it was just rice with simple chinese styled side dishes.

“Wow, this smell delicious.” Youngjae commented as he open the box, the smell of loving home cooked food greeted him.

“Thank you so much, Mark hyung.” Jaebum thanked in gratefulness before he start digging in while the akward two looked at their own lunch boxes, not sure if they should dig in.

Mark nodded before turning to look at Jinyoung, seeing how the younger is hesitating since Bambam, himself wasn’t that interested in his lunch box.

“I’m good. Thanks.” Bambam exclaimed, passing back the untouched box before focusing on the documents while ignoring the inviting smell that surround him.

Jinyoung, on the other hand decided to just dig in because truthfully, he can’t pass Mark’s cooking even if he wants too because it was just too good, it was one of the thing he like about the older.

“Dumplings!” Jackson cheered after seeing that only his box got a little something extra inside it, making him feel loved by Mark.

“Yes, I made some just for you. I don’t know if it will taste the same like Ma’s.” Mark said before taking a piece of it and feeding the happy baby.

“What did I do to deserve you? You are the best, Dimsum.” Jackson exclaimed dramatically before pulling Mark for another hug while Youngjae just chuckled at the dramaticness.

Without the others realizing Jaebum tried stealing a piece but his hands got smack by his best friend before he could pick up the dumpling with his spoon.

“Back off, go and get Youngjae to make you some. This is all mine.” Jackson glared at the other who just rolled his eyes before continue stuffing his face with the rice.

“Come on, Jacks. You know he can’t  cook to save his own life, it will just be a disaster.” Jaebum complained causing Mark to smile and Jackson to chuckled while Youngjae just pulled his boyfriend’s nose.

“Fine. Don’t ask me to order nor buy your takeouts from now on.” Youngjae hissed before moving over beside Mark and continue eating, ignoring Jaebum.

“You are lucky to have Mark hyung, Jacks. I only got abused by my younger boyfriend.” Jaebum teased, knowing clearly well that Youngjae won’t be mad at him for long anyway.

“I know, JB. He is too precious.” Jackson replied, smiling at the older before continue eating with Mark wiping his stained mouth every now and then since he is a messy eater when he is excited.

Youngjae who clearly wasn’t amused by the abuse comment decided to smack the back of Jaebum’s head before taking a seat back at his original place.

“Aww, dear. I know you wouldn’t be mad at me for long.” Jaebum cooed the younger causing Youngjae to smile a little, his boyfriend was just too cute for him,

Mark who couldn’t understand how that couple works just smile before focusing back on Jackson whose busy eating, clearly enjoying his cooking.
“How did you sleep the last two nights?” Mark asked, worried about the younger since he hasn’t actually been back to the villa for two nights due to an important wedding cake request that he has been working on.

It’s already been a month since their marriage and he knows by now that Jackson had problem sleeping if he ain't by his side, sometime they even cuddle to share warmness and to make sure the younger sleep soundly throughout the night.

“It was ok, I was a bit lonely without you but I know, your job is important too.” Jackson replied, acting like it wasn’t much of a big deal and he didn’t spent the last two night, sleepless.

“He lied, hyung. He didn’t sleep at all, he come to work looking  like a zombie.” Youngjae exclaimed, earning him a glare from Jackson who was silently killing him with his eyes for exposing him.

“Hey, don’t bully him. He just telling the truth, don’t get me started at how you started getting cranky and then was repeating to me a thousand of times that you miss him.” Jaebum rebutted, defending his love before rolling his eyes at the now embarrassed Jackson.

Mark chuckled at those red cheeks before ruffling the younger’s hair, mouthing ‘i miss you too’.

While the four chatted, the two was watching and listening to everything with each of their own jealousy and envy exploding inside them.

Mark soon feel his phone vibrating in his pocket causing him to check, it’s a text from Henry saying that he is needed back at the store.

“Mandu, I need to go now. I will see your later at home.” Mark informed before getting up and collecting his belonging, biding the other goodbye while Jackson is busy pouting, following him around.

“Yi En..” Jackson whined as they stand in front of the door, not wanting the older to go so fast  since he still wanna chat with the older.

“Ka Yee, I really need to go. Sorry. “ Mark apologized, pulling the younger into a  tight hug before doing something that he never done before, kissing Jackson on the cheek.

Mark smiled after the kiss, trying to hide his blushing cheeks before zooming out of the room, leaving Youngjae to fanboy, Jinyoung to froze in shock and Jackson to smile to himself like a fool.

“That can’t be Mark Tuan because Mark never initiated skinship first, at least not with him.” Jinyoung exclaimed in his mind, trying to comprehend what he just witness.

Bambam can’t stand at how that simple kiss on the cheek could turn his Jacky into a smiling idiot who isn’t aware of his surrounding, that Mark guy is really something else and he's nothing like Jinyoung described him, boring and cold.

+++++++++++++

“Babe.” Jinyoung called out, noticing how Bambam seems to be out of it since Mark’s visit earlier.

Bambam hummed in reply, looking up from his steak that he has been stabbing all these while, still untouched.

“Aren’t you gonna eat?” Jinyoung questioned, not liking at how the other wasn’t focusing on their dinner date because he was too affected by the skinship he witnessed earlier between Mark and Jackson.

Bambam nodded before cutting and taking a small bit of it, chewing slowly as his mind slowly wandered off to Jackson and Mark again.

He couldn’t understand at how those two can be so much in love when they don’t even know each other existence before unless something happened that either him nor Jinyoung was aware off.

Jinyoung sighed, he couldn’t stand at the fact that Bambam had started wavering back to Jackson, it was frustrating because he, himself is tempted to have Mark back but he tried his best to resist it even though it’s not working.

With the thought of distracting Bambam and himself, he thought of bringing the other for a short trip this weekend.

“Babe.” Jinyoung called out again, hand making it’s way to Bambam’s causing the other to focus on him, giving his full attention.

“Let’s go on a trip this weekend.” Jinyoung suggested which cause Bambam to think for a while before nodding, he really need sometime away from Jackson.

“Good! I will call Youngjae to apply leave for the both of us on Friday.” Jinyoung said, smiling at the other who returned his smile before they continue eating their dinner in silence.

Meanwhile back at the villa, Mark was in the kitchen as he is busy preparing the ingredients for his baked seafood pasta.

While he was chopping away, he could hear the sound of a car driving in before the main door creaks open a few minutes later, signaling that Jackson is back.

“I’m home.” Jackson’s voice was heard before the younger pops up from behind him, eyes glued on to the ingredients on the counter top.

“Welcome home.” Mark greeted, turning to give the younger a small smile before continue on chopping while Jackson wrapped his hands around the older and rested his head on Mark’s back.

Mark smiled, already used to the back hugging by now because it something that Jackson does when he is feeling down or tired and judging from how it looks, he is tired.

They stayed like that for a while with Mark’s playlist on his ipad playing in the background, enjoying the pure comfortable atmosphere.

“Hey, I gonna start baking the pasta soon. You better shower and get change first then we can have dinner.” Mark said gently to the younger once he was done with the chopping, earning a hum from Jackson before the pair of hands slide off him and the younger headed upstairs for his shower.

By the time the oven went off, Jackson had already reappeared in comfortable clothing before settling himself on the couch instead of the dining table.

The older carried out the readied pastas to the coffee table, bring along two bottles of water before settling down beside Jackson who was just channel surfing, trying to find something to watch.

Unknowingly Mark ended up staring at Jackson, he find it very entertaining to watch the younger every movement that usually are big and expressive.

“I know, I’m flawless. Don’t stare at me like that.” Jackson teased when he realize the other eyes was on him causing Mark to rolled his eyes before passing the now cooler plate of pasta over  to Jackson.

“Thank you, Dimsum.” Jackson thanked, beaming upon receiving his dinner before digging into the deliciousness, he seriously have no self control when it comes to his Ma and Mark’s cooking.

“Be careful, it’s hot.” Mark warned but it was too late because Jackson’s tongue already turned numb after a spoonful causing him to nudge the older for water.

Luckily for Jackson, Mark had grab those bottles from the fridge so hopefully enough it can help with the numbness so Jackson can continue his meal.

“Gosh, I can’t feel anything.” Jackson sighed once he could talk, it seems that the water did help just a bit.

“Slow down, the food aren’t going anyway.” Mark scolded, worrying that  something even bigger than this will happen if Jackson is not careful next time.

“I’m sorry.” Jackson pouted, knowing that Mark is mad at him which cause to use some ageyo on the older, trying to make him smile.

Mark sighed, he is really bad at dealing with a pouting Jackson and it slowly becoming a concern.

“Fine, just don’t do it next time.” Mark admitted defeat which earn him a grinning Jackson before he glomped  the older from the side after putting his pasta down.

“Let me go!” Mark exclaimed when he realize the younger aren’t planning to let go but Jackson just hug tighter, purposely messing around with him which cause him to fall sideway due to the other weight, Mark trying to free himself but somehow the struggling led them into a weird position.

Mark was trapped below Jackson, the older’s body lying flat on the couch while Jackson’s on top of him with their lips few inches away from each other.

Immediately, everything that surrounded them stayed still as they gazed into each other’s eyes like as if they were being into a dark hole.

He never thought that Mark would look this mesmerizing up close, his eyes slowly travelled down to those pinky lips and in that moment, Jackson just wanna a taste of it.

Unconsciously, he had lean in and close the gap between them which of course shock Mark, who's staring back at him with big shocked eyes.

It wasn’t until he noticed those pair of eyes staring at him that he realized what he had just done, causing him to quickly pulled away before settling back down at his original spot, in embarrassment as his cheeks blushed furiously.

Mark who's still hasn’t recovered from the shock, slowly got himself up into a seating position before looking at the quiet Jackson.

He was beyond speechless, he didn’t even know what to think of that sudden kiss but one thing he knows for sure, his heart is racing and he needs to get away from Jackson immediately.

“I’m heading upstairs.” Mark blurted out before zooming up the stairs, leaving Jackson behind to feel all guilty by himself.

“Stupid! Way to go and make things awkward.” Jackson scolded himself, ruffling his hair in frustration while wondering why he have no control over himself when it comes to Mark, it’s like as if the older had taken over his life.


+++++++++++++

“Hey, who was that?” Jaebum questioned, appearing back from the kitchen with their desserts that they had bought on the way home earlier.

“Jinyoung, he asked if he and Bambam could take leave on Friday because they plan on going for a trip, you know to that resort we went last year for the company trip, he said Bambam love it there. He even asked me to booked them a room if the leave is approved.” Youngjae informed, sighing at his poor position in change of administration at their music production company.

“Lazyass, always ordering my dear around .” Jaebum sighed before feeding the busy younger a spoonful of ice cream, eyes watching Youngjae working on his laptop.

“Clear! At least we won’t have to witness their lovey dovey this Friday. My eyes are free from torture.” Youngjae exclaimed after getting the reservation done, now all it’s left is to message Jinyoung the detail.

“How many days did you booked?” Jaebum asked before passing the younger his bowl of ice cream after he's done texting, which Youngjae gladly accepts.

“Three, friday and the weekends.” Youngjae replied which earned a nod from Jaebum before they focus on the game show playing on the television, still indulging in their cold treat.

“You know, isn’t it funny how the newlyweds didn't  even go for a honeymoon meanwhile that two is happily going on a trip.” Youngjae wondered out loud when he realized that even Jackson whose was suppose to go for a honeymoon returned back straight to work after his one week leave which was only applied because he wanted to spend time with his parents.

Jaebum nodded, finding it interesting too because seriously that two is more of in a honeymoon phase rather than the newlyweds  because they just can’t keep their hand off each other even at work, it is becoming nauseating to witness them making out at every chance they can get.

While think about the newlyweds, an idea spark in Jaebum’s mind before he reached out for Youngjae’s laptop, open the browser and typed in a familiar address.

“What are you doing?” Youngjae questioned, suspicious since he is getting a bad vibe from the way his boyfriend is smirking, the very same smirk before the party.

“Done! I hope they will returned with a clear line on everything.” Jaebum exclaimed, putting the laptop aside which caused Youngjae to quickly check before gasping at what he reads.

Jaebum had just booked a room for the exact three days at the same resort but under the name, Jackson Wang.

“What is this? What line are you talking about?” Youngjae asked, totally worried about what gonna happened if this two pair bumped into each other at the resort, it will definitely be chaos.

“A line that separates their past and presence.” Jaebum replied, smiling to himself while Youngjae look at him lost, still trying to figure out what the older meant.

Youngjae swears at times like this he really can’t understand what on the older’s mind but he guess that what makes Jaebum the older and wiser one in this wonderful relationship.

 

A/N: Hello! Did you guys enjoy the kiss part, I hope you do >_<  

Anyway, like always do share with me your thoughts on this chapter :)
 

BIG THANKS cily265, flori9, betty974xD, Pourthechampa, Gamekyu88, kmoetz, Cocoa10345, fishie4ever, Fiola8Y, anikayeye, Wokith, TwinklingSimmi, gabbyharstarr97, Oasispirate, flyboy-lover7, elrhys, castrokai, SehunnieOh, bubuchacha, icywolf, XxXxkpoploverxXxX, Gigi0000, carrot_19, xSUGAR, UnniTheKpopLover, park_janho and markson08 FOR SUBSCRIBING! 

PS: I didn't reply to comments for this update since I'm in a hurry to update due to work but I did read every comments, thank you so much guys. I will make sure to reply this chapter's comments on next update.
 
<3 InfinitelyCassie