Tension

Bodyguards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                The atmosphere was too tense for Jungkook to handle. He was sitting with Taehyung in the row with two seats after the latter just ordered Sehun to sit with the other two just because he didn’t want to sit with them. It seemed like Jin had told Jimin what happened because the latter was being too quiet. Jungkook had been stealing glances at Taehyung as well as at Jin—who had an unreadable expression on his face—every now and then but it didn’t seem like any of them would start a conversation soon.

 

                Jungkook once again turned his head towards Taehyung and muttered his name softly. “Taehyung hyung,” he called, but there was no other response from Taehyung except from a simple reply.

 

                “Yes?”

 

                Jungkook didn’t like that at all; he didn’t like the cold Taehyung. He couldn’t believe himself for even thinking about that but he missed the clingy Taehyung. “Hyung,” he looked down a little and pressed his lips into a thin line. One thing that he knew from Taehyung was that the elder liked skinship, so that was what Jungkook going to do. He slowly placed one of his hands on top of the elder’s, squeezing it a little while looking straight at Taehyung’s face with a little frown on his face. “Are you still upset?”

 

                Of course, it was a stupid question, but Taehyung couldn’t help himself but to smile a little at the little gesture. “I am,” he said, earning him a deeper frown from the younger. He turned his body a little towards the younger and poked his forehead with Taehyung’s free hand. “Not at you, though,” he let out a small chuckle and smiled afterwards.

 

                “But still,” he paused and sighed. “I’m not comfortable with this. You guys are working together to protect me, right? If you guys are fighting like this, how could you do that?”

 

                “I can do that by myself, don’t worry.” He said with a firm nod, making Jungkook squinted his eyes at the elder. “Fine! I’ll try.” He sighed in defeat and turned his body back to its original position, crossing his arms over his chest while slumping back onto the sofa.

 

                “Thanks, hyung,” Jungkook grinned and gave Taehyung’s hand one last gentle squeeze before turning his head back again.

 

 

                Finally, after a few hours of silence, they started talking again—which was good except the fact that they bickered on about pretty much everything.  They had finally arrived at the camping site and each group had already been assigned to a place where they’d built their tents, campfires, and other needed things. Usually, it’d take around ten minutes to build a tent but somehow, it took their group around one full hour just because Jimin and Taehyung’s constant bicker.

 

                “Well, at least they’re talking again,” Jungkook sighed as he walked towards where their bags were. He was about to pick his and Sehun’s bags to bring it into the tent but Seokjin beat him to it.

 

                “I’ll do it,” he said with his usual calm features, taking the bags that Jungkook was about to pick before moving on from the spot.

 

                Jungkook was quite surprised by the other’s act. Seokjin had always been quiet but somehow… it felt different for Jungkook. Though he was quiet, Seokjin had always seemed close but after the incident, Jungkook felt that Seokjin was drifting away. “I guess I need to talk to him, too.” He sighed and shook his head before walking towards Sehun who setting up the portable stove.

 

 

                It was finally dinner time and each team had to send some people to get food from the teachers. Jungkook thought that it’d be a good time to talk to one of the three so he decided to volunteer and brought one of them, which was Jimin. He had already talked to Taehyung so it was just Jimin and Seokjin left. Though, he decided to talk with Jimin first since it was probably easier than the eldest.

 

                “Hyung,” Jungkook called out as he walked towards the teachers’ tent. He was not really sure what to say but at least he wanted to confirm whether the other was uncomfortable around him or not.

 

                “Hm?” Jimin turned his head to look at Jungkook with his usual face.

 

                Jungkook was not really sure whether the elder was upset or not. In the bus, Jimin was awfully quiet which made Jungkook think that the elder got an earful from Jin. “I’m sorry,” he dipped his head down as he kept walking, pausing a little to take a deep breath before continuing. “For the trouble I caused this afternoon. Are you upset?”

 

                Jimin raised his eyebrows in slight amusement at the younger’s question. He felt guilty,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter