The Truth

Bodyguards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                Jungkook didn’t know how long he had passed out but he knew that it was dark. He couldn’t see a thing; anything at all. All he remembered was him being drugged by something like chloroform. He was starting to get panic as he bombarded himself with questions in his head.

 

                ‘Where am I?’

 

                ‘Am I being kidnapped?’

 

                ‘Oh, God, are they going to ask for ransom money? But my mom wouldn’t be able to pay it.’

 

                After a few minutes of questioning himself, Jungkook tried to calm himself and took a few deep breaths through his nose. He then could feel something familiar beneath him—which was the soft surface of his own bed. ‘Wait, my bed?’ He once again asked himself inside his head before realizing that he hadn’t even opened his eyes. Feeling a bit stupid, he slowly opened his eyes only to wince at the light piercing through his eyes, shutting his eyes tightly as his head began to throb.

 

                “Hey, I think he’s awake,” a voice in Jungkook’s room said.

 

                “About time,” another voice said with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

 

                “Hey! Don’t say that. Like it or not, he’s our master.” Again, another voice spoke up.

 

                Jungkook slowly opened his eyes and looked up at the ceilings first. He was sure that it was his room but what he wasn’t sure was who were talking in his room. Jungkook took a few moments to adjust his eyes at the light in his room before shifting his position so he could see who was talking. Oh, he wished he hadn’t seen who they were because of all people, Jin, Jimin and Taehyung were sitting on the floor of his bedroom. Jungkook wasn’t sure what to do; he was just staring at the guys with slightly widened eyes, mouth gaping a little. Then it hit him; what if these guys were the culprit? Jungkook shifted away from the boys on his floor before taking his pillow and putting it in front of him as if it would stop the others from getting near.

 

                “W-were you three the ones that drugged me?” Jungkook said with a slight fear in his tone. Even though Jungkook’s head was still throbbing, he knew that something was wrong with the three of them suddenly gathering in his room. There was no way that the three accidentally passed by the alley and helped him at the same time. So, them being the culprit was the most reasonable situation Jungkook could think of.

 

                “Wait, what? No!” Taehyung finally spoke up and was going to stand up to reach the poor boy only to stop and sit back on his original place when he saw Jungkook widened his eyes even more and shifted his body further back. “We didn’t do that. The culprit has been sent away to your father for some questioning. We were just helping taking care of the culprit.” Taehyung explained which earned him a shocked Jungkook.

 

                “Wait,” Jungkook said and stopped Taehyung from speaking even more—since the boy had already opened his mouth to say something. “My father? You guys have mistaken me for someone else. My father is dead when I was just a baby and how did you guys end up in the same alley, anyway?”

 

                Taehyung could only mutter a soft ‘umm...’ as the memory from earlier flooded his mind.

 

 

                It was their job to protect Jungkook. At first, it was hard to accept that they had to protect someone younger than them. They were trained since they were just little kids with a promise that they would protect someone important later on. Taehyung was the first one to accept it and then Jimin followed suit. Seokjin was the only one that hadn’t really figured why he would need to protect a normal high school student that had no power whatsoever. Though he didn’t really like it, a job was still a job and he had to do it.

 

                Taehyung had noticed that Jungkook would go to the town on Saturday so he told the others to be ready tomorrow since they need to watch Jungkook 24/7 even if Jungkook was in his apartment. Though, if he was in his apartment, only one person would watch over him while the other could rest.

 

                The three of them had been pacing around Jungkook since the moment he had stepped out of his apartment while keeping their distance so they wouldn’t be noticed by the lad—from the bookstore to the ice cream shop.

 

                Taehyung was standing across the ice cream shop while the other two was way farther than him. It was then when he noticed someone inside the alley just beside the ice cream shop making weird movements.  Something was off and he decided to check it. He wasn’t going to just jump on the man and asked him what he was doing; it would make a big scene and he didn’t want Jungkook to know that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter