Disappearance

Bodyguards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                It was the night after Jungkook had promised Sehun that he would come alone the next day for their little hang out. He had been thinking on what excuse he should give Taehyung to just let him be alone the whole day and yet he could barely come up with something witty. Of course, there was a lot of thing that came across his mind which would work for other people, but judging on what those three could do, he realized that they’d find out in no time. Though, after a few hours of thinking, he finally had a solution. He didn’t know if it’d work, but at least it was better than not trying because honestly, that was the only thing he could think of. It was pretty simple, though, Jungkook felt a bit stupid for not realizing that he had that option from the beginning.

 

                Jungkook was sitting on the edge of his bed with his eyes closed as he took a few deep breaths, preparing himself mentally to do his plan. He didn’t know why it was so hard for him to lie, especially to those three people. It was probably because they had saved Jungkook’s life for a few times that Jungkook felt bed when he had to lie to them, but he wasn’t going to back out, though. He opened his eyes and pushed himself up from the bed before walking out towards his room.

 

                Jungkook had finally arrived in front of Taehyung’s door and he took another deep breath before knocking on the elder’s door exactly three times. “Hyung?” He called as soon as he finished knocking and surprisingly, the elder opened the door in less than three times with his favorite baggy sweater and shorts on.

 

                “Oh, Jungkookie, is there anything wrong?” He asked, tilting his head to the side a little—which was a little cute—and leaned his body onto the doorframe.

 

                “Oh, no, I…” Jungkook paused and looked at the other’s eyes, trying to sound as convincing as possible and he had probably blown it because it took him some time to continue the sentence. “I’m going to study and do some assignment till late, so I’d probably wake up late tomorrow.” He put on a small smile which was a little bit forced. “I’m just telling you not to wake me up tomorrow because I’ll be sleeping till afternoon.”

 

                “Oh, sure?” He said with a little smile, reaching onto the younger’s head and patted his head a little before ruffling his hair. “Don’t overwork yourself, though, or maybe I can help? I wouldn’t be that much of a help, but I’d probably be able to do something, at least?”

 

                Widening his eyes, Jungkook immediately shook his head, “N-No!” He cleared his throat softly and took the elder’s hand that was on his head with both of Jungkook’s head before smiling. “I’m fine! You should rest or something tomorrow, not helping me with my studies. I’ll be fine, really, just rest or something.” He said with a big smile and released the other’s hand.

 

                “Well,” Taehyung paused, placing his hand back on top of the younger’s head to pat it a few times before pulling it back. “If you say so, then I’ll just sleep a little bit more.” He said with a toothy grin, knowing that nothing would happen since the boy would be in the apartment anyway and he would be nearby to rescue Jungkook if anything was going to happen.

 

                It was the morning after that little conversation with Taehyung. He felt bad for lying to the elder and it was his first time lying to him, too, but he promised Sehun and when Sehun said that Jungkook spent more time with the three of them, Jungkook felt a little bit guilty about it. It was true, though, Jungkook spent more time with his three ‘bodyguards’ rather than with his best friend. It wasn’t like he didn’t like the three’s company, but it must be a little bit unfair for Sehun that Jungkook hung out with the three seniors more than someone he met first. “Well, what’s done is done.” He said with a soft sigh as he slowly put his clothes on. He was just wearing a simple t-shirt and a pair of jeans with a pair of sneakers to match his clothes. After making sure that he had his wallet and phone in his pockets, he walked out of the apartment, walking towards where the two had planned to meet.

 

                It was thirty minutes before the time they agreed on and Jungkook was already there. Jungkook had always been a person that arrived sooner than the appointed time because he didn’t like making others wait. They had agreed that they’d meet in a book store, so that was where Jungkook was.  It was a good thing for him to come early since he had some time to spend finding any books he would buy later after he had finished hanging out with Sehun, although thirty minutes were not enough for Jungkook to get all the books he wanted.

 

                Jungkook was flipping through the papers of the book he was holding as he pursed his lips while reading the book. It felt like he had been there for just a few minutes, but somehow his watch showed that it was almost twelve and Sehun was still nowhere to be found

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter