Confession and River

Bodyguards
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                It was the morning after that small talk with Jin. Jungkook still had his eyes closed as he stirred in his sleep, squirming a little. As expected, the weather in the mountain was cold in the morning and Jungkook was glad that he decided to bring and wear his thick sweater.  He didn’t know what ended up happening last night but he didn’t feel the same warmth he felt last night from Seokjin and he was pretty damn sure that he was not sleeping beside Seokjin anymore—maybe that was what made him wake up in the first place.  Well, he didn’t really think much about it since he hadn’t really remembered what happened last night since he was still sleepy.

 

                Minutes ticked away languidly as Jungkook kept his eyes closed even though he was already awake a few minutes ago. It was until Jungkook suddenly came into a realization: he kissed Seokjin on the cheek. Jungkook shot his eyes open and looked straight up to the ceiling of the tent before abruptly sitting down. “What the hell did I do?!” He yelled, almost screaming, as the memories of last night’s event unfold. Jungkook could feel that his blood was rushing to his cheek as he balled up his fist in embarrassment. He had already imagined how awkward it would be to meet face-to-face with Jin.

 

                “Quiet down, will ya?” Sehun—who had been there the whole time—said and closed the book he had been reading.

 

                “Oh, Sehun,” Jungkook said after he had noticed the other boy there. He looked around the tent but there were no other people there aside from him and Sehun.

 

                “If you’re looking for the other three, they’re preparing breakfast and all.” He said before getting up into a sitting position. He threw his arms up into the air and stretched his body after placing the book right beside him.

 

                “Ah, okay,” Jungkook couldn’t say that he was not relieved by the fact that Seokjin wasn’t in the same place as him just yet since he needed more time to get himself together before meeting the eldest. “Sehun,” Jungkook called out his best friend and looked up at the boy. “We haven’t been hanging out that much lately.” He stated—which made Sehun pleasantly surprised.

 

                “Oh? You finally realized that? I thought we were supposed to be best buddies.” Sehun emphasized the last two words and clutched his chest as if he was hurt, faking sniffles before chuckling softly. “Seriously, though, it feels like you’ve been too busy and I know it isn’t because of school, since you’re goddamn smart.”  Sehun turned towards Jungkook and crossed his legs, putting his one of his elbow on his thigh to prop his head. “Plus, I saw Taehyung hyung punched Jin hyung yesterday.” Sehun said in a slight accusing tone as he eyed the male before him.

 

                Jungkook gulped visibly. He had originally thought that Sehun wouldn’t notice since he was such a carefree guy, but it seemed like the carefree guy he knew was quite observant. Jungkook was contemplating whether he should just spill the bean or not, but he knew he wouldn’t be able to fool Sehun for too long. After all, the guy was his very first best friend. Jungkook realized that Sehun was a popular kid himself but he still decided to stick with Jungkook—which he still questioned why up till now.

 

                 “Okay, fine,” Jungkook sighed and turned towards Sehun to meet his face. “Seokjin, Jimin and Taehyung hyung are my bodyguards.” He deadpanned, making Sehun widen his eyes. “Yesterday, someone tried to either kidnap or kill me but failed since Taehyung hyung came before he could do so. Taehyung hyung punched Jin hyun because Jin hyung was too busy with his council work to even follow me around while Taehyung hyung was resting from his night shift of watching me. Well, that’s all I know about yesterday’s event.” Jungkook’s heart was beating so fast. He didn’t know what Sehun’s reaction might be but he was damn sure that he didn’t want to lose Sehun just because the latter didn’t want to get into trouble. Then again, if he did want to stay away from Jungkook, what could the younger say?

 

                “I see,” Sehun said and looked down onto the ground as the atmosphere surrounding them getting thicker and thicker. There was a big pause and neither of them said anything until Sehun broke the silence. “And why are you being targeted?” He asked, looking at Jungkook with a stern look on his face.

 

                Jungkook flinched just a little when he saw the other’s stern look. He had been with Sehun for a few months now and he had never seen the other made that kind of face before. It was either that or it was the fact that Sehun didn’t even seem disturbed by what Jungkook had said.

 

                Letting out a sigh, Jungkook answered, “It’s most likely because of my father.”

 

                “Your father?” Sehun widened his eyes once again as he made sure that his ears weren’t fooling him. “Isn’t your father supposed to be...?”

 

                “Dead, yeah, that was what I thought, too.” Jungkook continued Sehun’s sentence and sighed. “But apparently he is still alive and kicking. Though, I’ve never met him even till now. Anyway, that’s all I can tell you since that’s all I know.”

 

                There was another big pause and Jungkook could feel that he was losing his best friend. He wouldn’t want to get into that kind of trouble, too, if he was in Sehun’s position. He could danger himself. Jungkook disliked that atmosphere that was getting thicker and thicker as time passed by and he was about to leave the tent but Sehun suddenly chuckled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter