8. Growing Pains

He loves me, he loves me not....
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I just couldn't stop mysellf from posting this chapter!! Just couldn't....!!! Read on...

----------------------

Luhan woke up the next day with a headache so intense, he couldn't open his eyes. He yelled,'Suho! Xing!'

Sehun woke up with a start on hearing Luhan's voice. Suho and Yixing were still sleeping. He hurriedly stumbled towards the bedroom and saw Luhan holding his head in his palms.

'Lu?! Is everything alright!?' he exclaimed. Luhan looked into Sehun's genuinely concerned eyes and shook his head. Sehun's features contorted in worry and he noticed Suho and Yixing at the door. 

'Luhan's got a terrible hangover.' Sehun said to them. He was on the verge of tears. He felt uneasy at the way Luhan was wincing.

'Don't worry. I'll make him some lemonade.' Suho told Sehun and headed for the kitchen with Yixing. In a few minutes, they returned with a glass of lemonade. Sehun took it from them and saw Luhan curled into a ball on the bed, his knees folded upto his chest. Sehun thought he looked like a cute infant. He chuckled in his mind. Luhan slightly looked up at Sehun who was beaming.

'Take this, Han. You'll feel better.'Sehun said and smiled. Luhan sat up with much difficulty against the bed rest and took the glass from Sehun. His fingers brushed against Sehun's and his body tingled queasily. He drank it slowly and Sehun leaned closer to massage his forehead. His brown, doe eyes watched a smile tug at Sehun's lips. His succulent, peach-colored lips. He scolded himself for doing so and closed his eyes. He handed back the glass to Sehun.

'Better?'

'Hmm.' He wanted to say that he didn't. It only felt worse that Sehun was sitting so close to him. On top of that, the jerk behaved as if everything was alright.

'Lie down. I'll make you something to eat. You might feel better.' Suho said.

'No, no. I should go home. I already troubled you guys a lot.'Luhan said and lifted himself from the bed slowly. He felt light-headed and sat down again.

'Nonsense. Look at you. You can't even walk. How come you....'Yixing said but Luhan interrupted him,'I'm fine. I just wanna go home. Please.'

They protested but Luhan insisted. He knew that being alone for a while was what he needed.

'Fine.' Suho gave in.

'Come on, Han. I'll drop you home.' Sehun said in a tone which made Luhan wanna cry.

Why can't he stop caring about me? He thought.

'No. I'll get a cab. Thank you.' Luhan said, not making eye contact with him.

'Shut the up! Are you still drunk or what? You are coming with me and that's final. No arguments.' Sehun said, and held Luhan's wrist. He mouthed a goodbye to Suho and Yixing who watched them in awe.

Why the is he behaving like this??!! Sehun thought.

Sehun dragged a reluctant Luhan to his car. Luhan tried to resist but felt his energy drain slowly. He gave up and sat in Sehun's car. It was a silent ride. Sehun spoke something but Luhan didn't respond. He continued to stare at his reflection in the window blankly. The car halted to a stop and Sehun spoke,'Home sweet home.'

Luhan nodded and opened the car door.

'Hey, wait!'

'What?'

'I don't get what is happening to you. Usually, you are never so silent. What's up?'

'Nothing. Just tired and need to be alone today.'

'Ohh. So will i see you tomorrow for practice? You know, just finishing touches. The Showdown is due in four days.'

'Uh.... Sorry but i can't help you out. You are on your own now.' Luhan said and exited the car. Sehun was dumbfounded. On regaining his senses, he jumped out of the car and caught up with Luhan. He turned him around by his arm and said,'What do you mean?!'

'I can't be around you anymore.'Luhan replied silently, looking down at his feet.

'And why is that?' Sehun asked furiously. He felt his anger build up with every word Luhan uttered. He wasn't making sense to Sehun.

'Lily doesn't like it.'Luhan lied.

Sehun felt like banging his head against a wall. Even though he appeared furious outside, his heart had shattered into a million shards.

'But we are best friends, Han. Why does she have a problem with that?' Sehun said, his voice quivering.

'She knows about what happened at the birthday party.' Luhan kept on lying. Lily knew nothing about it. He never told her anything. He felt terrible about lying to Sehun but he had to do this for distancing himself from him.

'Tell her to off then. Nothing really happened anyway! I'm not going to leave your side!'Sehun protested. He seriously wanted to lynch Lily at that moment.

How the hell could she say so! Whatever happened was a mistake!

'I can't. Please don't force me. Good luck.' Luhan said and jogged to his building, wiping tears. He ran up to his apartment, opened the door and sat down on his couch. He recalled all his memories with Sehun and broke down.

He was tired of pretending that he just wanted to be Sehun's friend. He wanted more. A lot more.

The day he had seen Sehun for the first time after so many years, he felt his heart skipping beats again, the world around him freezing and the feeling in his heart which only cared about Sehun. Yes. He was in love with Sehun. He always had been.

The kiss he had shared with Sehun had made him all the more confused. He had done it on purpose. He was extremely drunk and he wanted to feel Sehun close to him. Sehun with his drowsy yet loving eyes was so, so near that Luhan could not stop himself.

The night before, when Sehun complimented him, his heart gave painful jolts of joy. He felt queasy and the warm feeling returned to him which he had been suppressing for so long. Marrying Lily was just another way of trying to forget Sehun. He hated the way he felt for him. No. He hated to love that feeling. He wanted to drown it out somehow.

He had to do it because of his father...

 

His limbs h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter