Chapter 2

Why?

“Hey, are you coming to Baekhyun’s birthday party?” 

“Ouch that hurt.” Sehun rubbed his head that had been harassed by some giant.

“Yah! What kind of question is that? Of course she will. Baek will throw a fit if she doesn’t show up.”

I smiled looking at my two best friends, Sehun and Chanyeol, arguing over small things.

They never failed to make me smile.

We were in the cafeteria for lunch. It was our daily routine to eat together. All of us.

“What are you going to get him? The present I mean.” I asked, effectively stopping both of them from their childish bickering.

“Maybe I’ll give him my bubble tea coupons. I have lots of those.”

“You and your bubble tea, Oh Sehun.” Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

“Cut it, you yoda. Bubble tea is my life.” Sehun flipped his hair.

“What about you?” 

“Nah, he doesn’t need anything. He just needs love.” Chanyeol smiled sheepishly.

Sehun choked on his water hearing the answer from Chanyeol.

I just shook my head watching their antics.

I couldn’t imagine my life without them. Must be so dull and boring.

“Where are the others?” I asked after seeing Sehun had recovered from the unfortunate event just now.

“On the way, maybe. Owh there is Kai!” Sehun waved his hand at the said guy.

My heart  skipped a beat when I heard the name.

“What are you talking about?” Kai took a sit on an empty seat beside me. He then reached for my drink and took a sip from the straw.

My eyes widen in disbelief.

‘OMG! OMG! OMG! We just shared an indirect kiss!’ I screamed in my head.

Luckily they didn’t notice my reaction.

“So Kai, about Baekhyun’s birthday party, what did you get him?” It was Chanyeol this time.

Kai shrugged. “I don’t know. Can I just give him love?”

“Ho ho. That’s my boy.” Chanyeol put both of his thumbs up to Kai.

“What is wrong with both of you? Just stop being a cheapskate and buy him a real gift!” Sehun let out a groan of frustration.

“What?” There’s a confused look on Kai’s face.

“Chanyeol said the same thing too.” I explained to Kai.

Kai laughed. His level of handsomeness doubled with that.

I let out a deep sigh. Trying to control my heart from jumping out its place.

15 minutes later, the thirteen of us were sitting in a circle, happily eating and chatting with each other.

But I tried to avoid as much as I could any interaction with Kai.

I’m afraid it might give away my feelings for him.
 



Baekhyun’s birthday party was amazing.

There were a lot of people coming. It was nearly midnight when the party was over.

I was heading to the door when I heard familiar voice calling my name.

“Let me walk you home.” 

“Su...sure.” I couldn’t stop myself from smiling. 

This mean I could spend some time alone with him. Even for a short time.

We walked side by side. Our hands brushed sometimes. Thank God it was dark. I could never stop my blush from forming. There was a silence that engulfed both of us. It was a comfortable kind of silence. It’s like we were appreciating each other presence.

“They are beautiful, right?” I looked up at the sky.

“The stars.” I added.

“Yeah they are. Like you.” Kai said, his eyes met with mine.

‘You are giving me hope, Kai. Don’t do that.’ My heart wept.

I broke the eye contact and hung my head as low as I could. 

“Hey. What’s wrong?” He grabbed my wrist and his other hand on my shoulder so that I was facing him. 

“Look at me, Haeri.” 

“It’s nothing. I’m just tired.” I was sure Kai would never believe that. 

“I know there’s something that bothers you. I’ll let you pass tonight. But you have to tell me soon, ok?” 

I hate how he could easily read my thought.

We bade each other goodbye when we reached in front of my house.

Kai’s house was a couple blocks away from mine. 

I watched him as he walked away.

He turned back and shouted “Let’s meet in our dream!”

He didn’t know his words affected me so much. I was grinning like an idiot.
 



Kai threw his body over the bed. 

He let out a deep sigh.

“What was bothering you?” He talked to himself.

He grabbed his phone and opened the gallery.

He scanned the pictures he took at Baekhyun’s birthday party just now and stopped at the picture that he secretly snapped.

A picture of a girl who had stole his heart. 

He fell asleep with the phone in his hand.

 

*A/N

Hello there.. this is daemyeonseok.. sorry for the late and short update! enjoy reading! ^^