Chapter 3

Why?

"Hey!" I shouted as Chen stole a forkfull of my noodles.

He gave me a cheesy smile and proceeded to eat my his noodles. I pouted.

"Here, have some of mine." Kai passed over some of his noodles over to me. I looked up and smiled at him.

"Thanks Kai." I ate the noodles he offered and continued to eat happily, while on the inside, it was more something like:

OMG! Kai is so sweet! Aaaaahhhhhh!

"Kai! You're so sweet!" Tao said in a high-pitched voice, with his hands under his chin, acting 'cute'.

Kris threw his plastic fork at his head, effectively shutting him up. Our table burst into a round of laughter.

After a bit more teasing, jokes and laughter, the bell rang.

We went our spearate ways to class and I made my way to English.

On my way up the stairs, I felt someone shove me and I lost my footing. I shut my eyes and braced myself for my body to tumble down the stairs.

But it never came.

I opened my eyes to see Kai. I felt his strong arm against my back and I realised what had happened.

I blushed. "Th-thank you."

Kai still looked worried. "Are you okay?"

I nodded and looked down, not wanting him to see my blush.

An awkward silence washed over the two of us as he hastily let go of my waist which he was still holding.

"Yah! What's taking you guys so long?!" I heard Baekhyun call.

"W-we should probably go." I stammered.

"Yeah."

We quickly ran off to catch up with them.

___________________________

Kai and I walked home, chatting animatedly.

He walked me to my house and said his goodbye as he made his way to his house.

I sighed and put my hand over my chest, where my heart would be. It was beating so fast.

I walked into my empty house, my parents worked late every night, so they wouldn't be home for a while-if they even come home tonight.

I looked out of the window and saw grey clouds beginning to fill the sky. I gulped, praying the weather would pass.

As if I could be so lucky...

_________________________

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!" I screamed as I pulled my blanket over my head. I hated thunder. And lightning. It scared me so much.

I let my tears fall. My parents weren't home yet, so I didn't have to be strong

I cautiously pull my head from the safety of my blanket to see the time.

"12:30. It's gonna be a long night." I muttered to myself.

All of a sudden I hear a loud noise. I jump again, realising it was my front door bursting open. The quick footsteps.

I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die.

My whimpering ceases and I pray that whoever has intruded will not know I am awake.

I wipe my tears and hold my breath.

I hear the footsteps coming closer and stop and my doorway.

I shut my eyes, not moving an inch.

I hear the invader getting closer.

Then it comes.

I feel a pair of strong arms surround me. Then I realise: I know these arms.

I peek my head out from my covers and see a dripping wet Kai.

"Kai..." I sit up.

He caresses my cheek, wiping a stray tear.

"I thought you'd be like this." He whispers.

Suddenly, a huge clap of thunder sounds and I immediatly burst into tears again, throwing myself into his arms.

He my back, cooing soft words into my ear.

"Shh... It's okay, I'm here, you're safe."

"I thought you were a burglar." I blubbered into his chest.

"Don't worry, it's just me. You have nothing to worry about."

After feeling safer and more comforted, I pull away.

It's only then that I noticed he was shivering.

Don't tell me he ran here...

I ran to my parent's room and grabbed some of my dad's clothes. He wouldn't mind, besides, it's not like they're going to be here tonight anyway.

I told him to take a shower, but he said he'd simply dry himslef off with a towel, without the shower.

He came out after changing.

I blushed, it's amazing how Kai can make anything look good- he's just so handsome.

"Let's go to sleep." He said.

I smiled and nodded, we both climbed into my bed. I blushed at our position, but forgot about it when I heard thunder again.

"My parents won't be home for a while either, so I can stay the whole night." He whisper next to my ear

I nodded and clung to him, relived that I wouldn't be alone.

We lay there for a few minutes.

"Hey Kai?" At this stage I was half asleep, but I had to tell Kai this tonight.

"Mmhmm?"

"Thanks."

"You know I would do anything for you."

And with that, I happily drifted off to dreamland, Kai followed closely behind, but not before he muttered.

"Because I love you..."

_____________________________

Hi guys!

Sorry for any errors, I wrote this really late.

I hope you liked the chapter. 

Please comment and subscribe- It's really encouraging.

Bye guys! ^_~