Chapter 6

Why?

Haeri and Kai both in the kitchen, eating their breakfast, thanks to Kai.

“So when the others are going to come?” Haeri said as she picked her plate and Kai’s before getting up, heading to the sink.

“Hmm... Maybe later. At 3?”

“Oh okay. And you are early. Why is that?”

Kai was taken aback by that question. His mind worked hard to find a reliable reason.

“I... I want to help you with the project? I told you I can help, right?” He let out a relieved sighed, hoping Haeri would found his excuse acceptable.

“You don’t need to. But you are here anyway. Let’s do it then.” Haeri dried her hands with the table cloth and strode to the bedroom with Kai trailing behind her.

 

“Finally it’s done!” Haeri threw her hands into the air. Relief washed over her mind with that feeling of completion.

“I need to lie down. My back is killing me.” Kai said before he launched his body towards Haeri’s bed.

They spent hours working on the project with a tiny little break here and there.

But none of them were aware of how fast the time flies. They just enjoyed feeling each other presence.

Sometimes Kai would crack a joke, and Haeri would laugh at that.

“It’s almost 3! No wonder I’m feeling hungry. I hope they bring us food.” Kai was now sitting on the bed, looking at Haeri who had her head rested on her arms, on the study table.

When Kai received no response, he chuckled.

“She must have fallen asleep.”

Kai walked to Haeri, pulling her into his arm before he picked her up, carrying her bridal style and laid her down on the bed. He flipped the hair strands that covered Haeri’s face. He was smiling to himself, admiring the sleeping angel.

Ding dong

“They must be here.” Kai said and headed to get to the door.

“Yo... Kai? So you live here?”  Kai could hear laughter following that comment.

He rolled his eyes.

“She’s sleeping. So would you mind keeping your voice down?”

“Keep your voice down everyone. Or Haeri’s boyfriend here will kick your ... Ouch!” Chanyeol rubbed his arm that had been lightly punched by Kai.

“Shut up, Chanyeol.” Kai couldn’t help the blush from forming on his face.

 

Haeri was awake by noises coming from her living room. She rubbed her eyes and her eyes darted into the clock on her bedside table.

4.30 P.M

“OMG. They must be here already. How can I fall asleep?” she removed the blanket and slowly dragging her legs to the living room.

She was welcomed by the sight of twelve boys, scattering all over the living room.

A smile formed on her face.

“So our princess has awake. Come and join us. Sehun, get your off of that.” Baekhyun, who was first saw Haeri, tried to kick Sehun from the couch to make a space for her.

Sehun whined, but he complied anyway, settled down sitting on the floor.

“Let’s play a game.” Suho suddenly spoke.

“What game?” Tao who had his eyes fixed on the tv’s screen responded.

“Hmmm...  How about we play dead? 1,2,3 start.” Chanyeol received a smacked on his head when he said that.

There was a silence engulfing them before Kris raised his hand up.

“Truth or dare!”

They all nodded. Chen raised his thumbs up to Kris.

“So kids, gather here and make a circle.” Suho took charge, like he usually did when they were together.

Kai took the chance and slipped down beside Haeri, shoving Lay somewhere else in the process.

 

“Hey, did you noticed how Kai and Haeri reacted around each other?” Kris asked when they were on the way to Haeri’s house.

“I’m sure they both are head over heels about each other.” Kris continued.

“Yeah. We all can see that. It was so freaking obvious. Now all we had to do is waiting for their wedding invitation.” Chanyeol laughed at his own joke.

“Nah. Kai is a coward. There’s no way he’s going to confess to Haeri.” They all nodded, agreeing with Kyungsoo.

“What if we made them confess?” Baekhyun stopped walking, his action made Chanyeol, who walked behind him, bump into him.

“How we are going to do that?” Luhan, who was busy stuffing himself with a snack he bought from the convenience store, finally opened his mouth, this conversation drawing his interest.

“I know how.” Kris then told his plan to them.

“Agreed.” All of them said at the same time.

 

After a few rounds of games with Luhan on his knees begging mercy from Xiumin “No I didn’t steal your food, believe me.” and Kyungsoo, who was on the edge of turning into Hulk after he being teased by Chanyeol for his love towards the anime, ‘Prince of Tennis’, now it was Kris turn.

“Hmmm... who should I pick?” Kris’s eyes wander around the circle, pretending to think who he should choose, but in his mind there was already a name.

His eyes finally stopped at Haeri.

“So Haeri, truth or dare?” twelve pairs of eyes were fixed on the said person.

“Dare.” Haeri answered confidently. If only she knew what she had brought upon herself.

“Dare it is. I want you to kiss Lay. On the lips.”

“No!” Kai shouted.

“I mean... She doesn’t have to do that, right?”

Kai looked around. His friends all had knowing looks on their faces. Kris smirked.

Meanwhile Haeri was at loss for words and opted to just keep staring at her lap.

“It’s time already. Why don't you man up and confess?” Suho said as he looked back and forth at the two people who were both blushing a deep shade of crimson.

“Con... fess? Confess what?” Kai felt his like heart was ready to jump out from his body.

 

***

I am so sorry for the late update.. I have an exam coming so i'm a little bit busy..

so,what do you think? do leave your comment.. ^^

till we meet again ~~

-daemyeonseok-