Chapter 5

Why?

I read and reread the message, over and over again.

We miss you...

It made me so happy, knowing how much these guys cared- especially Kai.

"Haeri! Put that down!" 

I jumped and glanced up at my mother, who had an annoyed look on her face. 

I sighed and put down the phone, looking up as if I was somewhat inerested in this conversation about gardening.

Man, I hate family gatherings. I thought glumly.

After what seemed like an eternity, my mother announced it was time for our our party to leave.

As I hopped in the car, I felt my phone vibrate again.

I glanced at it, seeing it was from Kai, I quickly unlocked it.

Hey. Are you sure you don't want me to come and help you with that project? -KAI

I smiled at his thoughtfulness.

"Oh, Haeri, I forgot to tell you, your father and I have to catch up on a lot of work because of this gathering, so we'll be home in about three days."

I nodded at my mother. I know they have to work hard, but sometimes I wish they would stop and spend some time with me.

Suddenly, this gave me an idea.

I typed a reply for Kai's message.

You don't have to help, but why don't you and the boys come over tomorrow? -HAERI

My phone buzzed again almost straight away.

Sounds good, everyone's up for it. See you tomorrow! -KAI

By the time I had replied with a quick 'okay' and a smiley emoticon, we were home.

I got ready for bed and look at my phone again to see a message from Sehun.

Kai told us about tomorrow,, I'll bring Chicken and pizza and sweets, okay? -SEHUN

I giggled and typed a quick response.

I yawned and all of a sudden felt really tired. 

I closed my eyes and let sleep take over.

____________________________________________________

The next morning, Kai woke up extra early, excited that he could spend the whole day with Haeri, even if it was also with EXO.

He got dressed into a stylish, yet casual outfit and shrugged on his favourite jacket.

He spent about half an hour fixing his hair, making it perfect and checking himself once over.

Satisfied with how he looked, he headed out made his way to Haeri's house.

He knocked on the door and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

He knocked again.

No answer.

He sighed and went around the house, after getting to Haeri's window, he banged on it.

Hard.

He saw Haeri practically leap from her bed and look through the window.

She made her way over, opening the window.

"Hi." She said, still half asleep.

"Hey." He said smiling that smile that made her heart melt.

"Why are you here?" 

"You invited me..."

"Why are you here so early?" She complained.

Kai glanced at his watch.

"It's 8:00..."

"Which brings me back to my question, why are you here so early?"

Kai went red. "Th-the clock at my house said it was way later... Stupid clock." He smiled sheepishly.

Haeri nodded. "No use sleeping now, come in."

Kai leaped through the window.

"I'll make breakfast, you can get ready." He said, as he made his way to the kitchen.

"Okay!" She called.

Haeri grabbed her stuff and slowly walked to the bathroom.

She looked in the mirror.

And gasped.

"This is the most hideous bed hair ever!" She wailed. "How could I let him see me like this."

____________________________________________________________

As Kai mixed the batter for pancakes he blushed, remembering what just happened.

"She was wearing those Totoro pyjamas I got for her last birthday." He muttered. "And her bed hair was so adorable."

He felt the corners of his lips tug up and couldn't smiling lke and idiot.

__________________________________________________

Hi!

We hope you enjoyed the chapter, sorry that it's a little short.

Please comment and subscribe. ^^

-DrDiddly